JCPenneywhy I will never shop at jc penney again

S

On September 17, 2010 I purchased the Serta Gentle Haven mattress and foundation. I was torn between this and the Sealy Forevergreen latex model. They were the same price, so it wasn't a monetary decision. The ini...tial comfort of both was the same. The problem I had with the mattress I had was that it generated too much heat. I was leaning to the Sealy as latex does not generate heat. However, the Serta also stated that it was a cool mattress. I asked the salesman for his recommendation. He (Kevin) recommended the Serta. I also asked him about the return policy. He stated that there were no returns. But that he had seen people get a return or exchange by speaking with the department or store manager. On Thursday September 30, 2010 my bed was delivered. The delivery people were very professional. I have no complaints with them. However, this mattress also generates too much heat. The following Sunday I went to the store to see about an exchange for the Sealy latex model. I was told I needed to contact customer service and was given the number. Customer service told me they couldn't do anything for 6 months. I went back to the store the following Friday afternoon. I talked with Kevin. He then got the department manager. The DM told me it would have to be approved by the Store Manager (Keith) who wasn't there at that time. Keith contacted me by phone the following Monday. He stated that his concern was that I would have the same problem with the Sealy mattress. I said that I had researched the problem and that latex foam was the only way to go when there is a heat problem. Keith told me he would contact customer service and get back with me by Wednesday. I received a call from the JC Penny number while I was working. I could not answer at the time. No message was left. I tried calling back but the store manager was gone for the day. Friday of that week I went in to see Kevin again. He wrote down my name and number so that Keith could contact me. I saw him put the note in a drawer. I would imagine the note is still in the drawer as I have not heard from anyone since. I have not been in contact since then. What it would take to resolve this: give me an exchange for the Sealy Forevergreen mattress.

• Ar
    arfrogs Feb 09, 2015

I feel your pain Im being charged for a mattress that I didn't order. We cancelled the original order cause it was sent WITHOUT box springs, so they reordered it without our knowledge and then tried to charge me a re stocking fee?? I went off on them they have 7 days to get the charge off my account before I turn it over to the attorney generals office here. I will never shop JCP again they have lost what they used to have GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCTS ..too much made in china crap for me !!