Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Airlines Jazeera Airways Flight change three days before the flight: departure day changed to the date of the return!!!

Jazeera Airways  -  Flight change three days before the flight: departure day changed to the date of the return!!!

T
Author of the complaint
4:26 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello,

I bought the following flight ticket on Sat, 16 Oct:

Departure: Kuwait
Arrival: Trabzon, Turkey
Thu, 21 Oct, 08:50

Return: 23 Oct 2021, 13:35
---------------------------------
I received an email from Jazeera Airways on Mon, 18 Oct saying that my departure flight was postponed to 23 Oct, the date of my return flight!

So practically they were suggesting me to take a flight from Kuwait to Trabzon Airport, have a coffee there and come back with the same flight.

Upon this change, naturally, I wanted to cancel the journey as it became totally meaningless. To my greatest astonishment the airway not only charged me for 65 KWD to cancel the flight but also kept the rest of the fee (185 KWD) in their vault under the name "Credit Shell Amount" to be used within 1 year time from the same company!

Summary:
They changed the departure date 3 days before the flight
They changed the departure date to return date! (This is genius!)
They charged me 65 KWD for cancelling the flight which became totally useless
They kept the rest of the flight fee in their vault as a credit to be used in 1 year time instead of refunding it.

When we called their customer service phones 177 and +[protected] around 9:30 pm, almost immediately after we received their email about the change of the flight date, they didn't answer although at their page https://www.jazeeraairways.com/en-kw/contact-us they say these numbers answer between 07:00 - 23:00.

I don't know how harder a company can fail.

View 0 more photos
Update by Tonguc Cagin
Nov 08, 2021 12:10 pm

Plane ticket was fully refunded.

Update by Tonguc Cagin
Oct 19, 2021 4:10 am

Update to the previous comment:

After penning the above complaint, I called their customer service during day time (11:00 a.m.). They were responsive and when I asked for a refund for my ticket, they said 'yes, in 10 days'.

I have the feeling that 65 KWD-cut for the cancellation of the ticket will not be refunded but at least the rest of the ticket fee (185 KWD) is not going to be kept at their "Credit Shell Amount".

I will update after I receive the refund.

1 comments
T
Jan 16, 2022 6:36 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hi, Good Morning,
We (family of 3) have travelled in your flight from Cochin - Kuwait - Riyadh on 2nd January 2022 (J9 1406 and J9 1221), we have to say that the flight was excellent with ample legroom and helpful cabin cure,
Even though the Kuwait terminal was very small, crowded, and no ground staff to support, we can except that from a budget airline, the ticket charge was not very cheap, (INR. 86, 000/ pax. for one-way quarantine package to cok-riyadh is not very cheap).
All the above can be acceptable, if we receive a good service in the 5 day quarantine package,
AT Riyadh terminal, we don't find any Al-Jazeera ground staff, someone outside the terminal took us like chicken stock to a bus and delivered in a filthy serviced apartment, the guy sitting in the hotel counter, treated us like, we came to stay there free of charge, in the room there was no heater, hot water comes only through shower, most of the plumbing fixtures was not working, no tea or hot water making facility available, the linen was not cleaned (luckily we had our own bed sheet with us), the food served was below standard, all of the passengers from Indian sub-continent, still they served Arabic food (one or 2 times fine), and the last day food was not served until we started shouting to the poor employees.
Me and my family got fever, body pain and cough, because of the extreme cold and dust in the rooms. If they provide us at least a heater and a clean room, it may not happen. I am still suffering from cough.
I hereby request Al-Jazeera Management to conduct an enquiry and take measures not to happen in the future. need to be compensated.
Thaj

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

84 complaints