Menu
Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry
reviews & complaints

Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

46 complaints
18 resolved 28 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
H
9:35 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I blogged last week about a refund that was supposed to be mailed and wasn't. They informed me that my refund was put back on my card Monday of last week. Well that's not the case as a man I just spoke with informed me that it was done yesterday. Jared has had my money and original ring I traded for over three weeks now. I am beyond pissed and WILL NEVER shop there again.

3:56 pm

Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry - Customer service credit plans

My wife and I had purchased wedding bands at Jared. We were told if we put twenty percent down the balance would be interest free if it was paid of in twelve months. I received my first statement and realized I was being charged interest. This was eventually corrected. Later I made a large lump sum payment bringing my balance to less than $200. I still had 8 payments remaining, but my minimum payment was $70. This meant I had to pay the card off in seven not twelve months. When I called credit card service department they told me my payment had always been $70 and would continue to be until the card was paid off. This was a lie since my payments have been $50, $70, $90, and $140 on the last four statements. All I wanted was my payments to reflect the account being paid off in twelve months. They actually told me I shouldn't have paid a large amount at one time and one representative offered to send me money back. This shows how absurdly their credit department operates. It is really pathetic that Jared is willing to lose a customer that is paid ahead and violate their a agreement of a twelve month payoff period.

P
Aug 14, 2014 11:30 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My wife and I purchased our wedding rings at Jared's. They were having a promotion at the store, where it would be interest free for 12 months. They told us how much the rings were and how much our payments would be under the interest free plan. When we did the math were would be paying almost 400.00 more during the 12 months interest free plan.We asked the sales person about that and she said that they charge interest throughout the 12 months but if we paid each payment on time that we would get a check back for the amount we over paid I thought that was strange because it was interest free, but we did the sale.Well 12 months has past and we were never late with a payment so I contacted Jared's and they said that there was a misunderstanding
and they left by saying they would send me a copy of my payments that I made

D
9:56 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I stopped in Jared to check what they had for engagement rings and loose diamonds.I have already done quite a bit of due diligence about diamonds and have spent time at 2 other jewelers, the salesman paid no attention to what I asked for in diamond quality, instead asked me to go into the office where he tried to impress me with the 4 c's and so on, when I...

7:45 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought my wife a gold tri-colored bracelet for Christmas she wore it 3 or 4 times when the chain broke she took it back to be repaired. We went down to pick it up that's when I found out I had to pay an additional $29.99 to have it fixed I said wait a minute you don't guarantee you product for 30 days they told me there were no guarantees of workmanship...

8:46 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

First They are VERY PUSHY when you walk in the door. We where there just to look and get an overall design my future wife wanted, she was with me. I explained what we wanted and what we wanted to spend. But first wanted to make sure we could get approved for interest free plan. Was advised we can for “18 months interest free plan” Long story short I left...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Recently took my Movado watch for a battery change. They charged me $25 to ship it to their repair center. Then estimated another $82.50 for the battery! Their repair dept suggested several repairs needed done to the watch, however, I sent it in pristine condition, as it was hardly worn. I knew they were being dishonest about the repairs they claimed needed...

12:28 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased several items from Jared in May of 2011, one being a white gold and diamond semimout to which I added a stone to the center of the ring. Only after having the ring for less than a week the white gold on the semimount began to turn yellow gold. I returned to the store and to re dipped it then about a month or two after than the bottom of the ring...

1:42 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My friend bought me a Pandora bracelet for Christmas 2010. The bracelet and 2 charms. Then bought 2 more charms on Mother's Day and 2 more on my birthday. Each of those times, nothing was mentioned of how to take care of the bracelet. The bracelet is big on me, so I wanted to see if I could get the bracelet sized. I thought that when you add more charm...

L
7:56 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Horrible customer service. Took my ring to have a repair which was passed down from a family member. The prong needed to be fixed. Two weeks later the diamond on the side became loose. Took the ring back to have them repair the same prong, go to pick up my ring and they told me it needed to be shipped out to be repaired. Which this would take 2-3 month...

P
7:23 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We purchased a ring from Jared on August 29, 2011 at the Orlando, FL International Drive location. It has been a complete nightmare. The sales person, Jenny, did not listen to me when I told her the size I needed. She has the ring sized as a 5 when I told her I needed something smaller. We went back to the store to pick it up a few hours later. The ring wa...

C
8:26 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE !! I have been a customer for 13 years and spent over $15, 000 there. Today they made me pay $20 for a watch battery that I had already bought a lifetime battery warranty on. The money was not the issue it was paying for it twice!!! And the horrible way the manager there treated me. Earlier this year I had to pay over $200 for my...

11:51 am

Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry - Horrible Experience

My issue is with my wife's wedding ring that was created in the custom jewelry department at the Wegmans Plaza store. Due to the number of issues with the ring, the number of times the store has tried to correct it, and the irreparable damage caused to the ring by Jared's service department, I am planning to return the ring to the store and demand a full refund of the purchase price of this ring. I will explain in detail the reasons behind this below:

Background:
I purchased a platinum custom ring on 7/18/2006, at a charge of $2, 160. The Extended Service Plan was purchased for this ring at the same time for $149.99. The ring was using heirloom diamonds (ten round cut diamonds, approx. 1ctw), given to my wife by her grandmother. It was her family's wish to use those stones in her wedding band. The ring was to be ready for pick up just before my wedding date - I took delivery of the ring on 8/30/2006, and our wedding was the next day, 9/1/2006. I knew the ring wasn't quite right when I picked it up initially, but with the wedding the next day, there was no time for any repair of the custom ring. This led my wife and I to return to the store on 9/2/2006 to speak with the custom ring shop to fix some initial issues we had with the ring. These initial issues included:

- The ring was not symmetrical. The ring was not circular inside or out, and looked off balance, with one side of the ring thicker and wider than the other. To be plain, the ring was not round. This issue can still be seen on the ring as it is today.

- The ten diamonds were not placed in any real order, and the amount of metal around the stones was not even, giving the ring a 'thrown together' look. This also caused future problems.

First Repair: September 2006
To resolve the issues, the only thing the shop would do was machine out the inside of the ring to make it rounder. I asked that the ring be remade due to how assymetrical it looked, but the store refused. They machined the inside of the ring and also cleaned up some of the metal around the stones, but the ring still looked off. We took delivery of the ring back on 9/7/2006. We really weren't that happy with the ring, but the store said they couldn't do anything more to fix it.

Second Repair: January 2008
A little more than a year later, one of the stones fell out. When we took it back to the store in early January 2008, we found out that all the stones but one were very loose. When we spoke to the store manager regarding the construction of the ring, he immediately put us on the defensive and insisted it was our fault, as I had a ring designed that wasn't very secure. To be clear, I had never seen a wax mold of the ring when it was constructed, and was never offered the opportunity to. The design of the ring was suggested by the staff at the store when I purchased it in July of 2006. Now, they say, this ring should never have been made with such a design using heirloom diamonds, contradicting their own in-house designer. Regardless, the store needed to correct the situation.

I again requested that the ring be remade - melted down and recast, but they refused a second time. They took the ring, reset all of the stones, and added a bit of metal in between each stone for additional security.

Keep in mind this is the same store that created the ring in the first place. We picked up the ring around January 17, 2008, and were happier with the way the ring looked, although still not perfect.

Problem Today:
Sometime within the last two months, my wife noticed something odd with herplatinum custom wedding band, repaired twice by the Wegmans Plaza store. The additional metal that was added in between the diamonds on the band was beginning to tarnish. After looking at it more and more over the next few weeks, we have come to realize the extra metal that was added to our platinum band was in fact white gold. Not only is the ring now contaminated, which ruins the integrity of the platinum band, to add insult to injury, another stone fell out.

This is completely unacceptable. After some investigation, we found out there are no seats in the prongs for the stones, nothing is symmetrical, and now of the remaining 9 stones, 4-5 are loose, 2 are very loose, and the last two seem to be still OK. The Wegmans Plaza store is the only place the ring has ever been serviced. After the store has had the chance to fix the ring twice, they only succeeded in contaminating the ring as well as losing two of my wife's grandmother's diamonds, which cannot be replaced.

This ring is beyond repair at this point, and I am requesting that I return the ring, have the store return my remaining diamonds, and refund the full purchase price of the ring ($2, 160) as well as the Extended Service Plan sold with the ring ($150). As a repeat customer, and due to the nature of the issues, I expect that my refund be granted.

We called Jared Customer Service on Monday Feb 2, 2009 to raise our issues with a service reprensentative. We spoke with a Joe at extension 6379. After explaining the situation and the irreparable damage done to the ring caused by your store, he blatantly refused the possibility of any refund, and refused to let us speak to a manager. This obviously is not acceptable and need to escalate the matter further.

N
6:11 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Do NOT go to Jared!!!I purchased a 2 carat loose diamond from Jared. I went with Jared because the salesman sold me on their warranty program plus there are Jared's all over the map. Jared mounted the center diamond on an engagement ring. When I picked it up, I noticed that they mounted it incorrectly, it was too high. None the less, I took it and proposed...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Whatever you do make sure you DO NOT SHOP AT JARED'S!!! They will do and say everything and anything they can to sell you their merchandise then as soon as something goes wrong they don't even look at you when you walk in the door!!! Kirk and Peter (the so called managers) in Sacramento on Arden Way are nothing but a joke! Then you ask to speak to their...

E
3:19 pm

Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry - Stone in Daughters ring loose

My daughter graduated college and saw a ring that she absolutely loved - She saved up and bought it - she could not afford the "insurance", she could barely afford the ring itself. A week later the stone fell out - luckily she found it.Back to Jared - they gave her a bunch of excuses but they grudgingly fixed it . A month later the stone is loose again. They refuse to fix it again because of no insurance. I said this is a defect to the original condition of the ring and any good business should fix it - no questions asked. Buy the insurance was the answer. I asked, "Well if I buy the insurance, do you cover the stone if its lost"? No we don't. If you couldn't fix it the first time - I wondered, how can I be sure it will be fixed this time? We don't cover that in the insurance - read the fine print". My answer was - I have spent $4000 on a Leo 3 stone, $4000 on my Leo 3 stone, $2500 on wifeys platinum diamond ring, and $1200 on watches in the last 6 years, but now I am done with this "Can I get you a water or coffee"?, in my opinion, pseudo crap ritzy bull, all show-no-go customer disorienting no service, no people skill, no manners, asinine, illogical, flim flam outfit. And I urge others to" be aware". JARED Did not stand behind this product or workmanship.

F
Dec 13, 2010 1:56 pm

I bought every piece of Jewlery I had ever purchased (until this point) from them. I got an anklet for someone in another state and wasn't sure about the size. They assured me she could have it sized at no cost with just a piece of chain, no stones which makes perfect sense. Well, when she got it and went to have it sized they charged her $25 to have it sized. When I emailed Jared to ask them why they basically told me I was lieing and they would of never told me it would be free. So out of the thousands of dollars I spent there I was trying to get $25 pulled over on them for free. It jusrt doesn't make sense to me because since then they have lost another couple of thousands of dollars in sales to Shane Co., which by the way has been much nicer any way. As far as the Jewlery goes I can't complain about Jared, but if you're going to buy from them just hope you never have a problem because you're screwed if you do.

12:50 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On May 19, 2010 at 3:30 p.m., I went into a Jared's in California while on vacation. I was greeted by a young guy who showed me around and then offered to give me a "free clean & check" on my rings. He admitted to me that he was not a jeweler, just a salesman. I gave him my rings to clean & check. He told that my diamonds were loose and needing fixing in my...

S
8:34 am

Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry - Sold me a diamond as SI1 and it's an I2

I recently purchased a 1.18 carat solitaire from Jared and it was sold as an IGI- E SI1. I've taken it to three jewelers trying to sell it only to find out it should have NEVER been graded as an SI1 because the inclusion is clearly visible. I am LIVID and feel I have no choice but to loose thousands on this diamond. I would love to return it and get my trade back but I don't think I can. I will NEVER buy a diamond again. : (

1:16 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased a watch from Jared's and extended warranty. The whole face of the watch shifted a quarter turn after a year. Went back to the store for remedy. Sales associate quite condescending. Guess what? No record of my warranty in their computer system. (Odd as the watch band was previously replaced under warranty). They had no record of any of my purchase...

1:06 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I took a diamond bracelet to the Jared in Arundel Mills to be fixed. The sales girl looked up the price, and told me it would be $45.00 to repair the break. I agreed. Before she wrote up the order, she checked each diamond, and informed me that 21 of the 48 diamonds were loose. She was amazed that I had not lost one! The cost to fix the settings would be...

12:12 pm

Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry - Fraud

I purchased three baby earrings for my child and each time the backings would fall off and were not staying on. She'd turn her head and the backings would fall. Her hair would hit them and the backings would fall off. Finally, when the backings fell off and were missing, I returned to the store to have them replaced. I spent $60 on three backings and the earrings had to be sent off to get the correct ones. I waited a week for them to return and I had to call to find out if they came in rather than the phone call that I was promised. Upon getting there, the backings and earrings were somehow missing even though I called and was told to pick them up as they were there. In addition, only three were ordered that I had to pay for. The ones that I would have gotten for free because I purchased the protection plan with one pair, were not even ordered. I paid for them and went home only to find out that the same situation was taking place. I ut the ones that were "screw backs" on and when I picked her up to show her in the mirror, the backing fell off. I then returned to the store the next day and was told that they had to be "adjusted". After that being done, they were so tight I could not get them on at all. I called the manager and inquired on what they could do for me and if I could return them only to be told I had to come in. I did so and they were adjusted again. This time way too loose. I was furious. Not only is the store over 30 minutes away but they are so nice on the phone and when you go inside you have to practically beg for service assistance. Well, I finally called the customer service number and complained and after 1 week of broken promises for return calls, I received a message saying that I could return the backings and purchase the protection plan for the other three pair that I have to "protect" me from having to pay for backings in the future. Hello! Thats not the only issue. Finally I got more upset and went to Macys to purchase some (even though the Jarred sales person downed Macys' jewelry quality) and the two earrings that were purchased have had no issues, nothing lost or falling out and I can leave them in all night. Thanks Jarred You Stink and so does your service. I guess since I didn't purchase a $10, 000 pinky ring my purchase meant nothing to them.

L
Jun 29, 2015 10:42 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On 5/5/15, I bought a watch at Jared Vault in Cypress with 12 months no interest. When I recently looked at my bill, I noticed there was $197 on there for interest. So I called thinking this was an easy fix. I told them my agreement was 0% interest for 12 months. Customer service proceeded to tell me, that’s if you put 20% down, you would need to pay $2, 500 down payment to get the 0% interest. I was shocked and said what are you talking about? That was NEVER mentioned when I bought my watch. I would have never bought the watch if I had to pay a $2, 500 down payment that day or NOT get the 0% interest for 12 mo. I said I will return the watch. He said you can’t return the watch you are passed the 30 days.

I called the store to talk to the Manager. A lady got on the phone and I explained, she couldn’t help me, she wanted me to talk to the other Manager that helped me that day and she left a message for her to contact me. She never called.

I have NO paperwork stipulating anything about a required 20% down payment for the 0% interest. In fact, I only have receipt. I remember when it came time to pay, the Manager asked me if I wanted to put anything down and I said no, why would I if it is 0% interest. (That would have been a GREAT opportunity to tell me about the 20% down for the 0% interest.) NOTHING WAS SAID or I would have stopped the deal right then and there.

The watch was like $11k and I’m thinking they just wanted the sale and the commission and I was purposely not told about the 20% down payment.

My intent in buying the watch was to make the minimum payments (I didn’t even know what that was until the bill came in) and I get quarterly commission checks and was going to pay extra 4 times during the year and have it paid off in the 12 months.

I can’t afford OR won’t pay $200/mo interest AND I would have NEVER bought the watch had I needed to pay a $2, 500 down payment that day AND they won’t let me return the watch.

I basically told the store to get my bill fixed to the 0% interest for 12 months and I will continue to pay minimum $600/mo. Or let me return the watch. Or if you do neither of those I will just quit paying yall at all. I have heard back from no one.

Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry contacts