Menu
Ing Bank
reviews & complaints

Ing Bank
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

47 complaints
19 resolved 28 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Ing Bank. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
N
3:50 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had unauthorized charges on my account dated 03/23/08. I disputed them on 03/24/08 and sent in the corresponding required paper work on 03/31/08. I called in April and again in May to verify that the dispute is under investigation. I was told that they had up to 90 days or two billing cycles to resolve the dispute and not to call again. I received no...

K
8:14 am

Ing Bank - cheated by the company

I joined ING VYSYA LIFE INSURANCE freedom plan paying $10, 000(Rs 4, 44, 000). But I was awarded only Units numbering 23, 632. The unit price was Rs 11.00 and I should get more for the amount of Rs.4, 44, 000. I enquired with ING and found they have taken and paid commission fee of more than Rs 1.5 lakhs to the agent who got me into this program. ING VYSYA LIFE done this to me without my permission or knowledge. When I asked to return the amount, ING declined my request. ING have not mentioned the commission amount clearly in the The terms and conditions.

So please do not go/purchase any products or services of ING LIFE VYSYA as you will also be cheated.

I am writing this on everyone's benefit and guidance.

Thank you.
Kumar

6 comments
Dec 04, 2007 12:00 am

Hi,
I have taken the ingvysya life insurence. But even after 6months I have not received any papers or acknoledegement.

When I tried to contact the sales manager, he is keep ontelling the it has been send to my address, but I never received.

I keep on mailing for all id's(including helpdesk) in their site, but never get any reply.
I tried to contact with the customer care, he will redirect the call to sales department.

Before going to invest in "ingvysyalife" make call to customercare, you will never call to that number again.

J
Nov 23, 2007 12:00 am

Dear Sir,

I have submitted a sum of Rs. 50,000/- on 27-June-07 against cheque no. 819036 to get the Life insurance policy as per the documents handed over to me. Afterwards, my medical examination has been conducted twice, but till today i have not been issued any policy and dont know where my money has been utilized. I had a frequent talks with branch manager (Yamuna Vihar Branch, Delhi) who is also unable to give me any satisfactory response. Everyday i have been told that the policy is being issued from the concerned department but all are laim excuses.

Similarly this happened with my wife's case where the bank utilized 50,000 Rs for 6 months and she has been issued policy after long fight.
We assume that this is ING Vysya's regular practice and it should be highlighted on public news and television.

Awaiting your immediate response.

J.L. Sudhir ([protected])

Mar 20, 2009 2:17 am

Check their product brochure better for details. I think they deduct allocation charges like every other life insurance company. If I am not wrong their website www.inglife.co.in will have all details around the same. I checked it and for the mentioned plan it was around 45% of first year premium.

If you were not told this, possible that your agent sold it wrong to you. You should always check the Insurance companies literature before deciding to believe your agent.

Sep 22, 2008 1:02 am

Even I am a victim of the malpractices by ING Vysys Life. They are really bad, careless, adament, unprofessional, and what not. In fact if the complaints against them accumultaed, they are the right candidates for unfair business practices. should be kicked out of India. Our national companies are much better than these international *********.

Apr 15, 2008 10:13 am

I also felt the same type of behaviour from themabout two of my policies better to take care of our money when in vesting with suchcheating people.

Dec 04, 2007 2:25 am

I ma also facing same problem.
I have invested on June 30 2007. But till now I have not received any documents.

I keep calling and mailing to all the id's and numbers avialable in therir site.
But of no use till the date.

D
7:05 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Wednesday, February 20th I attempted to use my debit card and was unable to do so. I called ING customer service and was told that my account had been placed on restriction because it was scheduled to be closed on Friday, February 22nd. I then asked to be transferred to a supervisor and was transferred to Carlos. When Carlos got on the phone I asked...

V
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Since 2000 I was an extremely pleased customer with Netbank service. Every time I called their customer service I knew what to expect, friendly service and they got requests processed in a timely and accurate manner. I remember calling them for many reasons, from a debit card that I lost, and they courteously fedex me a new one because I was offshore, to...

V

Ing Bank - false advertisement

ING Direct - www.ingdirect.com

I was looking to do a refi with ING. I locked in a rate of 5.87% which I thought was great! Two weeks later they sent a counter offer because they said my house value was below what I put on the application. I thought this was garbage. I had my house appraised 2 times and it was valued over 10k above what ING's supposed appraisal listed. The appraiser does a drive by and has no clue to whats in the house. The the counter offer included the same rate but 2 loans. One primary and one that would be an equity line. In the letter they said that I would need to respond within 30 days to take advantage of the offer and from the time that I accept the offer, the offer would lock for 30 days. So after shopping around, I accept the next month but within the 30 days (about 20 days later). AFter sitting for several days, ING finally sent an attorney to my house for the closing. When looking at the paper work, it had an incorrect rate. The attorney informed me that it was too late to call an underwriter and this was on a friday. I called monday and spoke to a rep (dont remember the name) and explained my situation. He tried to over talk me until I asked him if he could see the letter on his end. He informed me that he could and he quickly closed his mouth and went to inform his manager. I spoke to his manager and was informed that the counter offer didnt include the interest rate (even though it was listed on the paper). I was informed that the timeframe for the interest rate was still timed from the initial application start date.I was in shock. This didnt make sense at all. He informed me that he would speak to someone and would call me back tomorrow. He called the next night and informed me that there was nothing that he could do. I was very upset. I asked who was above him and he wouldnt tell me and tried to talk over me. He began to be very rude and constantly repeated himself. I did appreciate the fact that he tried to help (if he did at all) but I dont think he did. He could not justify the reason why ING couldnt give me the rate. All he could say was why didnt I respond to his reps when they called during my decision time which shouldnt matter as long as I was still within the 30 days. Thanks for nothing Carlos Rodriguez!(manger at ING)

J
12:00 am

Ing Bank - terrible customer service!

I opened this account by mail about a month ago. I called today to inquire about my PIN as it hadn't arrived. The "security" guy asked me a series of questions. He told me that my home address didn't match up--that it came back under someone else's name. Well, I hold the title, I own the house. After a few back and fourths, he became very rude and threatened to cancel my account. I asked to speak to his supervisor--he told me she'd be in "sometime next week."

This is exactly the kind of horror story we hear about Internet banking. It's like 3 college guys run this place out of their basement. Well, he did end up canceling my account and hanging up on me. I called back only to be told that my account was canceled. How do i get my $$ out? Well, that's another department.

Folks, save yourself the time, money and frustration and find a bricks and mortar Credit Union. You will earn about the same interest and be treated that much more politely.

If Ing Direct isn't a scam, then it's borderline fraud. Stay away from them.

6 comments
A
Sep 28, 2010 4:02 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

the complaint i have is logon my computer was running slow so i restored it the way it came out of the box now i have a problem to restore it so i can logon to veiw my accounts i do call they give me a temp. password follow what they send me still cannot logon i am being blocked the only thing i have is windows firewall before i cleaned up my computer i could logon i dont know what to do if i logo with a new password it comes back locked out i dont think that this blog is for what i am writing about then again u never know i like the paper statements better or that i am computer dumb maybe someone out here on this blog knows i will check back to see if i get a answer to fix this thank alot jackie from new york city

Mar 21, 2009 10:49 am

I would totally agree with Jon Garza and Kay Scannell about the kind of ruthless attitude and service ING Direct offers to it's customers. They not only closed my account but also would not give any reason when requested. Infact they even went one step further by saying they would not honor my request to open a new account with them anytime in future and hung up on me.

All this, only perhaps for one reason that I would not agree to give answers to some very personal questions the "security" guy asked me when my address did not match while requesting for a new PIN. I was not so comfortable to this "third party security guy" and hesitated to give details he asked me to. Now a couple times I called in to check what exactly went wrong, they would hung up on me in less than one minute saying the account is closed.

I am clueless about whether my decision to not give out personal information could really cost me like that ? Certainly not happy with these guys, shame !

K
Oct 09, 2008 3:05 pm

Horrible experience with ING STAY AWAY ... after opening an acct had trouble with my pin and called then I answered a bunch of questions and was told they would send a pin...never did I called again was told they cancelled the acct for Fraud ? When I questioned this they would not give me any info...would only say that they acct was still open but I would not have access and when they decide to close it they will transfer my money within 10 days or longer I had to really push and insist they close it that day so I could see the money in 10days..we'll see...this place is a rip off STAY AWAY FROM ING

G
Jan 15, 2008 8:23 am

I've had an ING account for 6 years and I have encouraged others to open accounts. ING has paid me a lot of money in interest over those 6 years. I have always been satisfied with their service and watched as their security measures became tighter and tighter. They are definitely not a scam or a fraud.

N
Nov 12, 2007 12:43 pm

I have been w/ ING for over 3 years now and have never had any problems. I have never had to contact their customer service department, except for when I had a simple question regarding a transfer; I was helped promptly, courteously, and my question was resolved. They offer higher than the average APY and I think they are great!

Sep 25, 2007 9:03 pm

WOW Thank you for taking the time to complain. You just saved me a bundle. I was just about to sign up because I keep getting these mail pieces that tell me there is nothing better than the account. I thought I would do some research and found very little regarding consumer reviews.

I appreciate your comments!

L
12:00 am

Ing Bank - in an attempt to save money I have now spent over $ 200.00 with this company

On October 11, 2006 I decided I would open an account with ING Direct Savings, since I have heard nothing but good things about them I gave it a try. I went online and set up this account. In doing this I was asked for a date to start deducting the money from my bank account and I requested this initially take place on 10/13/2006. I requested this because that was the day I would have the available funds in my bank account. The initial withdraw was set up as 50.00 and then to recur every week thereafter in the amount of 25.00 a week. No where in this website did it state they would start attempting to debit my bank account that very day. Since October 11th this company has cost me over 200.00 in bounced check fees due to the fact that they continue to try to get this money every single day. From the 11th, the very first day they attempted to withdraw they have had me in the negative with my bank. This caused a chain reaction with every other check that I had open in my account. When I contacted ING they stated this was not their fault, I believe her exact words were “you’re the one who opened the account”. In an attempt to save money I have now spent over 200.00 with this company.

They refuse to refund me any of the bounced check fees. And I would like this to be rectified immediately. I can not seem to get anyone to help me!. Please contact me at your earliest.

4 comments
C
Nov 17, 2008 12:37 pm

I gave these people benefit of the doubt when they took over NetBank. Wow, was I ever wrong. Four calls later, I still can not get a refund on my former NetBank account. Now they are claiming there is some security issue with the main account holder. Give me a break. He answered all the questions 2 months ago on the last call, and we waited for the check which never came. So I called to find out where the check was. Only to find out there is a security issue. Hmmm ya think they could have called or written us a letter to let us know there was a problem. Yea right! No instead they figure that we will forget that we wanted our money back and would go away. What is the deal with these companies wanting to hold on to your money and having to beg to get your money back. I am sick of wasting my valuable time on repeat phone calls to customer service agents who can not do their jobs correctly. And do not get me started on the dumb companies who outsource their calls to India. EEEEeeekkkk!

R

You can cancel the automatic transfers on ING you know. Automatic doesn't mean autopilot, it's important to monitor these things. I doubt they will give you back the money another bank charged you, it may be better to go speak with someone in-person at the bank that charged you the fees. In addition, you may be able to contact the companies (who may or may not) have also charged you fees for a bounced check.
Best of luck. I know everyone can't monitor their accounts daily, but I have alerts set up so if say a withdrawal of over 100$ comes out I get an e-mail (which I do check daily), or if my balance dips below say, $300. Nearly every single bank, especially online banks, have this feature.
It may be better to do one-time transfers, instead of automatic transfers. I ran into a similar issue transferring from checking to savings, but within the same bank.

D
Aug 01, 2009 10:39 am

Financially Secure, you may be financially secure, but you obviously can't read. I'm gonna guess you're financially secure 'cause people throw money at you to shut you up.

F
Jul 02, 2008 6:41 pm

If you don't have more than $50 to spare in setting up an account, then you shouldn't be trying to setup another account elsewhere. If your bank charged you bounced check fees, it is because you are broke and don't have any over-draft protection in the form of money in a savings account or other financial investment. If $50 is all you had in the checking in the first place, you weren't in a position to move that out of your existing account. It is your fault due to bad judgement.

Ing Bank contacts