Having problems with Ing Bank?

133 464 (Australia)
+31 205 639 111 (Netherlands)
+1 646 424 6000 (United States)
+44 207 767 1000 (United Kingdom)
+61 290 284 077 (Australia)
+54 114 310 4700 (Argentina)
+43 168 0000 (Austria)
+32 24 646 004 (Belgium)
+359 29 176 400 (Bulgaria)
+86 109 5526 (China)
+420 257 477 777 (Czech Republic)
+852 28 488 488 (Hong Kong)
+36 12 358 700 (Hungary)
+62 215 151 616 (Indonesia)
+60 321 668 803 (Malaysia)
+63 24 798 888 (Philippines)
+351 211 201 362 (Portugal)
+65 65 353688 (Singapore (Asian Regional Office)
+82 23 171 800 (South Korea)
+41 225 923 000 (Switzerland)
+66 22 991 558 (Thailand)
+84 439 367 844 (Vietnam)
Amsterdamse Poort, Bijlmerplein 888

8-10 Moorgate, London, EC2R 6DA, United Kingdom

Australia
60 Margaret Street, Sydney NSW 2000

Argentina
8th floor, Av. Juana Manso 205, Puerto Madero, C1107CBE, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Austria

Level 8, Three Pacific Place, 1 Queen’s Road East, Hong Kong

Hungary
Dózsa György út 84/B, H-1068 Budapest, Hungary

Indonesia
22nd floor, Indonesia Stock Exchange Building, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav 52-53, Jakarta Selatan 12190, Indonesia

Japan
Meiji Yasuda Seimei Bldg. 8F, 2-1-1, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan

Malaysia
Level 8 (B2), Main Office Tower, Financial Park Labuan, Jl. Merdeka, 87000 Labuan F.T., Malaysia

Mexico
pisos 3/4, Bosque de Alisos 45-B, Bosques de las Lomas, 05120 Ciudad de México, Mexico

Philippines
20th floor, Tower One, Ayala Triangle, Ayala Avenue, 1226 Makati City, Philippines

Poland
ul. Sokolska 34, 40-086 Katowice

Portugal
Av. da Liberdade 200, 6th floor, 1250-147 Lisbon, Portugal

Russia
36 Krasnoproletarskaya ulitsa, 127473 Moscow, Russia
Singapore (Asian Regional Office)
ING Bank N.V., Singapore Branch, 1 Wallich Street, № 12-01 Guoco Tower, Singapore 078881

South Korea
11/F, Seoul Finance Center, 136 Sejong-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul 04520, South Korea

Switzerland
6 Rue Petitot, Case Postale 5613, CH-1211 Geneva 11, Switzerland

Taiwan
70th floor, Taipei 101 Tower, 7 XinYi Road, Sec. 5, 11049 Taipei, Taiwan

Vietnam
Press Club Building, 5/F, Room 505-506, 12 Ly Dao Thanh Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ing Bank.

Complaints & Reviews

ING Direct — horrible treatment illegal practices

On Wednesday, February 20th I attempted to use my debit card and was unable to do so. I called ING customer...

Ing Direct / NetBank — terrible customer treatment

Since 2000 I was an extremely pleased customer with Netbank service. Every time I called their customer...

ING Directfalse advertisement

ING Direct - www.ingdirect.com

I was looking to do a refi with ING. I locked in a rate of 5.87% which I thought was great! Two weeks later they sent a counter offer because they said my house value was below what I put on the application. I thought this was garbage. I had my house appraised 2 times and it was valued over 10k above what ING's supposed appraisal listed. The appraiser does a drive by and has no clue to whats in the house. The the counter offer included the same rate but 2 loans. One primary and one that would be an equity line. In the letter they said that I would need to respond within 30 days to take advantage of the offer and from the time that I accept the offer, the offer would lock for 30 days. So after shopping around, I accept the next month but within the 30 days (about 20 days later). AFter sitting for several days, ING finally sent an attorney to my house for the closing. When looking at the paper work, it had an incorrect rate. The attorney informed me that it was too late to call an underwriter and this was on a friday. I called monday and spoke to a rep (dont remember the name) and explained my situation. He tried to over talk me until I asked him if he could see the letter on his end. He informed me that he could and he quickly closed his mouth and went to inform his manager. I spoke to his manager and was informed that the counter offer didnt include the interest rate (even though it was listed on the paper). I was informed that the timeframe for the interest rate was still timed from the initial application start date.I was in shock. This didnt make sense at all. He informed me that he would speak to someone and would call me back tomorrow. He called the next night and informed me that there was nothing that he could do. I was very upset. I asked who was above him and he wouldnt tell me and tried to talk over me. He began to be very rude and constantly repeated himself. I did appreciate the fact that he tried to help (if he did at all) but I dont think he did. He could not justify the reason why ING couldnt give me the rate. All he could say was why didnt I respond to his reps when they called during my decision time which shouldnt matter as long as I was still within the 30 days. Thanks for nothing Carlos Rodriguez!!!(manger at ING)

ING Directterrible customer service!

I opened this account by mail about a month ago. I called today to inquire about my PIN as it hadn't arrived. The "security" guy asked me a series of questions. He told me that my home address didn't match up--that it came back under someone else's name. Well, I hold the title, I own the house. After a few back and fourths, he became very rude and threatened to cancel my account. I asked to speak to his supervisor--he told me she'd be in "sometime next week."

This is exactly the kind of horror story we hear about Internet banking. It's like 3 college guys run this place out of their basement. Well, he did end up canceling my account and hanging up on me. I called back only to be told that my account was canceled. How do i get my $$ out? Well, that's another department.

Folks, save yourself the time, money and frustration and find a bricks and mortar Credit Union. You will earn about the same interest and be treated that much more politely.

If Ing Direct isn't a scam, then it's borderline fraud. Stay away from them.

• Su
        Suzie Sleuth Sep 25, 2007

WOW Thank you for taking the time to complain. You just saved me a bundle. I was just about to sign up because I keep getting these mail pieces that tell me there is nothing better than the account. I thought I would do some research and found very little regarding consumer reviews.

I appreciate your comments!

• Ni
        Nicky G Nov 12, 2007

I have been w/ ING for over 3 years now and have never had any problems. I have never had to contact their customer service department, except for when I had a simple question regarding a transfer; I was helped promptly, courteously, and my question was resolved. They offer higher than the average APY and I think they are great!

• Gr
        Greg Jan 15, 2008

I've had an ING account for 6 years and I have encouraged others to open accounts. ING has paid me a lot of money in interest over those 6 years. I have always been satisfied with their service and watched as their security measures became tighter and tighter. They are definitely not a scam or a fraud.

• Ka
        kay scannell Oct 09, 2008

Horrible experience with ING STAY AWAY ... after opening an acct had trouble with my pin and called then I answered a bunch of questions and was told they would send a pin...never did I called again was told they cancelled the acct for Fraud ????? When I questioned this they would not give me any info...would only say that they acct was still open but I would not have access and when they decide to close it they will transfer my money within 10 days or longer I had to really push and insist they close it that day so I could see the money in 10days..we'll see...this place is a rip off STAY AWAY FROM ING

• Sp
        Splendor Mar 21, 2009

I would totally agree with Jon Garza and Kay Scannell about the kind of ruthless attitude and service ING Direct offers to it's customers. They not only closed my account but also would not give any reason when requested. Infact they even went one step further by saying they would not honor my request to open a new account with them anytime in future and hung up on me.

All this, only perhaps for one reason that I would not agree to give answers to some very personal questions the "security" guy asked me when my address did not match while requesting for a new PIN. I was not so comfortable to this "third party security guy" and hesitated to give details he asked me to. Now a couple times I called in to check what exactly went wrong, they would hung up on me in less than one minute saying the account is closed.

I am clueless about whether my decision to not give out personal information could really cost me like that ? Certainly not happy with these guys, shame !

• Ab
        abaraham kaminowitz Sep 28, 2010

the complaint i have is logon my computer was running slow so i restored it the way it came out of the box now i have a problem to restore it so i can logon to veiw my accounts i do call they give me a temp. password follow what they send me still cannot logon i am being blocked the only thing i have is windows firewall before i cleaned up my computer i could logon i dont know what to do if i logo with a new password it comes back locked out i dont think that this blog is for what i am writing about then again u never know i like the paper statements better or that i am computer dumb maybe someone out here on this blog knows i will check back to see if i get a answer to fix this thank alot jackie from new york city

ING Direct Savingsin an attempt to save money I have now spent over $ 200.00 with this company

On October 11, 2006 I decided I would open an account with ING Direct Savings, since I have heard nothing but good things about them I gave it a try. I went online and set up this account. In doing this I was asked for a date to start deducting the money from my bank account and I requested this initially take place on 10/13/2006. I requested this because that was the day I would have the available funds in my bank account. The initial withdraw was set up as 50.00 and then to recur every week thereafter in the amount of 25.00 a week. No where in this website did it state they would start attempting to debit my bank account that very day. Since October 11th this company has cost me over 200.00 in bounced check fees due to the fact that they continue to try to get this money every single day. From the 11th, the very first day they attempted to withdraw they have had me in the negative with my bank. This caused a chain reaction with every other check that I had open in my account. When I contacted ING they stated this was not their fault, I believe her exact words were “you’re the one who opened the account”. In an attempt to save money I have now spent over 200.00 with this company.

They refuse to refund me any of the bounced check fees. And I would like this to be rectified immediately. I can not seem to get anyone to help me!. Please contact me at your earliest.

• Fi
          Financially Secure Jul 02, 2008

If you don't have more than $50 to spare in setting up an account, then you shouldn't be trying to setup another account elsewhere. If your bank charged you bounced check fees, it is because you are broke and don't have any over-draft protection in the form of money in a savings account or other financial investment. If $50 is all you had in the checking in the first place, you weren't in a position to move that out of your existing account. It is your fault due to bad judgement.

• Cr
          Crystal Wong Nov 17, 2008

I gave these people benefit of the doubt when they took over NetBank. Wow, was I ever wrong. Four calls later, I still can not get a refund on my former NetBank account. Now they are claiming there is some security issue with the main account holder. Give me a break. He answered all the questions 2 months ago on the last call, and we waited for the check which never came. So I called to find out where the check was. Only to find out there is a security issue. Hmmm ya think they could have called or written us a letter to let us know there was a problem. Yea right! No instead they figure that we will forget that we wanted our money back and would go away. What is the deal with these companies wanting to hold on to your money and having to beg to get your money back. I am sick of wasting my valuable time on repeat phone calls to customer service agents who can not do their jobs correctly. And do not get me started on the dumb companies who outsource their calls to India. EEEEeeekkkk!!!

• Da
          dana1974 Aug 01, 2009

Financially Secure, you may be financially secure, but you obviously can't read. I'm gonna guess you're financially secure 'cause people throw money at you to shut you up.

• Ra
          random google search Jan 07, 2011

You can cancel the automatic transfers on ING you know. Automatic doesn't mean autopilot, it's important to monitor these things. I doubt they will give you back the money another bank charged you, it may be better to go speak with someone in-person at the bank that charged you the fees. In addition, you may be able to contact the companies (who may or may not) have also charged you fees for a bounced check.
          Best of luck. I know everyone can't monitor their accounts daily, but I have alerts set up so if say a withdrawal of over 100$ comes out I get an e-mail (which I do check daily), or if my balance dips below say, $300. Nearly every single bank, especially online banks, have this feature.
          It may be better to do one-time transfers, instead of automatic transfers. I ran into a similar issue transferring from checking to savings, but within the same bank.