Menu
Ing Bank
reviews & complaints

Ing Bank
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

47 complaints
19 resolved 28 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Ing Bank. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
7:15 pm EST

Ing Bank - security - or lousy reps?

Last year, My wife helped me open a orange checking account during their black friday sale. We were able to do this all via online, with no paperwork back and forth or any phone calls. Seemed simple enough- right?

Nov 15th i log in and see 2 posted charges, and 2 pending charges for amex which i did not take part in. I immedietely dispute the 2 posted charges and fax in the affidavit that is needed. Within an hour or so, I'm emailed asking to fill in and mail/fax in the affadavit and to call in to get a new debit card issued as mine was restricted.

So i call in, verify all of my info. My pin, address, security questions, etc. I'm put on hold to transfer to their security dept. Well, a guy then comes on the line, tells me he reviewed a prior call, and I am NOT me. Obviously, i'm me. I verified all my info, I knew my pin, mothers maiden name, wifes mother name, best friend name, street i grew up on, address, phone number, social security number, EVERYTHING ASKED. And i knew he was lying- because i had never called in. The only record of a call was when i asked my wife to call to have my pin reissued, and they told her they needed to speak to me. Being i work 10 hr shifts with job #1, and 5-7 hrs with my 2nd job, i said screw it, and kept using my debit card as credit until i had time to call in myself. Even if they listened to the 1 call with my wife, obviously- it wasnt me!

I sent a response email back to ING- telling them the ordeal I went through and that I obviously can't call in because I was told I wasn't me, what do I do now. Well- ING's response was to block/lock down my account so now I can't even log in! So theres over $700 in my checking account that I can't touch. I dont really *want* to call in again, to be told I'm not me. And knowing that ING rep lied to me about a prior call, I'm not thrilled about doing ANY business with them.

5:36 pm EDT

Ing Bank - poor appraisal only looks at low property sales, charged $350 for nothing

Warning ING Direct has scam appraisals. Company charged $350 nothing. Poor appraisal would not consider recent sales in correct town.. Went to other town over 5-10 miles away/. Applied for refinancing ing did a pitiful job of appraising my home and then charged me three hundred and fifty dollars!.

I sent them comparison in my development that sold in the 2011, the would not review/. I had a realtor pull a comparison analysis and the average number was keyed incorrect which caused a bad appraisal/. No one would listen at ing, what a rip off company". would not put a dime in their bank;. Online line rip off

2 comments
A
Jul 22, 2011 8:10 pm EDT

Yes, if you have anything above 70% loan to value I wouldn't risk a refinance with them, unless you're willing to kick in more money or waste $350. Their appraisals come in extremely low and they won't work with the customer at all. They also didn't even give me a copy of the appraisal. Just a complete waste of time. Go with a local lender, INGdirect mortgage is like dealing with a black box.

Jun 15, 2011 7:47 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Did you ask why they did the appraisal based on the town over 5-10 miles away?

Did the appraisal come in lower then what you are trying to refinance because of the current low housing market?

All banks are being more cautious since the downslide. It's not just ING.

11:19 am EDT

Ing Bank - fund clearance certificate from the uk security and exchange commission

Our Ref: INGBN31OZ15.

Date:  06/06/2011

Attention: Beneficiary,

Welcome to ING BANK NL, Berkshire, UK branch office.

Please note that this branch has been mandated by FACE BOOK TEAM to handle your payment batch.
To proceed with your payment, you are to send us the following:
1) Fund Clearance Certificate from the UK Security and Exchange Commission containing a 5-Digit clearance code needed
for the successful transfer of $1, 200, 000.00 to your bank account.
2) Your bank coordinates (Full bank account details) for a telegraphic wire transfer.
Once the above are received, we shall quickly proceed with the immediate transfer of your grant money at 0% COT.

Be sure of our professional banking services at all times

Albert Van Hoose,
Transfer and Credits Dept,
ING Bank NL
Berkshire RG6 1RH
England United Kingdom.

Tel +44704 572 9005
       0800 587 3151-(Toll free for UK land lines only)

I
Jun 13, 2013 10:13 am EDT

The ING Bank ignored my instructions as a company director, to clear ALL payment from my company with me first. Their failure to carryout my instructions resulted in a 2.2 million euro embezzlement, which the ING bank now hold me responsible, taking my old age pension. there is also a directors agreement that the two director must approve payout. This specifically specified a Mr Alexander Khoo, accounts manager, he had NO banking authority at all. But he embezzled the 2.2m Euros. The ING BANK are fully responsible for this loss by failing to follow my instructions as the company director
Signed John Page, director Intecs International bv, bank with Dordrecht Branch, manager Mr Cor Steijsiger
email; [email protected], telephone; [protected]

3:15 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ing Bank - annuity

My 95 year old mother had a annuity with ING that matured on 5-1-09. I, as POA, set it up to be paid out monthly over 5 years with myself listed as beneficiary. I asked how this would be handled in the event of her death and was told that the beneficiary could either continue the payments or take a lump sum payout for the balance. She died in July of 2009 and I opted for a lump sum payout of this annuity. The check I was sent was almost 11% (more than $14, 000) less than what was owed. I was told that this was a "commuted" value that basically reflected a "surrender charge". This had in no way been mentioned or explained to me before. I filed a complaint with the "Compliance Department" at ING and requested a review of this decision. After 2 months this company sent me a check for the remaining 11%. I would strongly urge anyone dealing with ING or any other company with regard to an annuity payout to get all details straightened out and in writing before entering to any agreement. ING attempted to steal from me and would have stolen from me had I not complained and I'm sure is currently stealing from people as you read this. They are NOT to be trusted.

5 comments
Mar 17, 2016 6:02 pm EDT

Hi Mathew . my work colleague filled out a fillable CA EJ-160 version with this link "http://pdf.ac/59edhe"

Mar 16, 2016 8:01 pm EDT

Valuable ideas ! I was fascinated by the facts ! Does anyone know if my business can get access to a sample CA EJ-160 form to complete ?

Mar 15, 2011 9:39 pm EDT

Had to file complaint with trade comission
They found them with 3 violation fraud and inacurate accounting, over charging on trades

Oct 10, 2014 1:59 pm EDT

ING need to be investigated and I m starting today to have them investigated. I m going to all that will listen. There are others out there that need their story heard.

Oct 10, 2014 1:54 pm EDT

ING has stolen money from me that was paid into my insurance. When I question them they tell me to talk with the agents that sold me the policy over twenty five years ago. I think that the Federal B of Investigations should investigate this company for taking senior citizens for their money. No one knows the where about of the agent. Now ING has change their name to Voya. They sent me a bill stating that I owe them $22, 411.65. I am going to help my children fight Voya while I m alive.

I
4:33 am EST

Ing Bank - no refund for fraudulent charges

H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E! RUN from this bank. They will allow fraudulent transactions on your account and offer no remedy to return the stolen money! Most reputable banks investigate your claims and return funds promptly. ING has rude and LAZY customer service who are clearly trained to take the path of least resistance, which is to deny you of basic consumer protection against predatory thieves. Do NOT trust them with your money! You will lose SOME if not all of it.

W
Dec 29, 2010 7:37 pm EST

I agree, I had a fradulent charge 2 years ago. When I called ING they said to "handle it myself". Now they want to know why I stopped my direct deposit from going there and rarely use the account.

L
7:10 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I received the e-mail below and thought it was legitimate so I completed the contract with ALL of my personal information and scanned and e-mailed and faxed. I cDate: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 16:24:15 +0100 To: [email protected] Subject: Job Offer #81103. Financial Assistant. From: [email protected] Good day, We are glad to inform you that after...

1:26 pm EDT

Ing Bank - keep waited customers

when I was entered the ing bank yenigun branch in kemeralti in izmir in turkey. it was eleven o clock i had my numbers waiting just 3 person and thought its a short time for me to pay my bills.What has happened? they kept us waiting one was talking on cellular phone with her boyfriend. the other one just gone off somewhere we dont know. now I have to pay extra money for some people work in the bank.And Im so sad it has happened in ing bank.Never had such problems in holland or in england.

7:29 am EST

Ing Bank - my 25k stolen by ing direct

I had $25000.00 in ING Savings account. When I changed my banking from Chase Bank to Wells Fargo Bank, ING DIRECT froze my account and asked me to verify if I am the person. Well this happened after the fact I deposited money from Wells Fargo to ING and transfered money from ING to Wells Fargo. Now I wanted to close ING Account. When ING DIRECT came to know I was going to close the account they froze it and refusing me my money. HAHAHA Strange World eh! I provided all the proof that I am the person who owns the account, I have the same name, same social security number, on line account access, id and password, I have deposited and linked the bank accounts, now what kind of proof they need from me. Same phone number, same address, now can someone out there be so smart to steal someones account with so much verifications. ING still thinks I am a different person and they have closed, stopped my access, and had taken my money.
I just informed the FBI and BBB. If I don't get my whole life's income back what do you think I should do?

Jan 08, 2010 6:12 pm EST

S
11:00 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This bank has the worst customer service department. The reason they give high interest is they hold your money from you for inordinate amounts of time. When I transferred my money from my regular checking into their "savings" account they said they'd hold my money for 5 days. I put it in on 11/20 and didn't have access until 12/1. This was a total of 12...

R
12:09 pm EDT

Ing Bank - stole money

I tried to open a business savings account with this company, they said they couldn't verify me so, yeah, whatever, I've only been in business 8 years? They still withdrew the initial deposit out of my business checking account, won't give me access to it, and won't give it back. They basically stole $200 from me hoping I wouldn't do anything about, well I am. This is a very rude, irresponsible company and I'm glad I found out about this before I gave them more money.

A
Feb 16, 2012 3:39 am EST

I Hate ING now, they stole $8, 500 from me. Did you ever get your money back?

N
7:36 am EDT

Ing Bank - rip off

I had a savings account with ING Direct. I used it to pay for my wedding in 2006. After the wedding I turned off the automatic deposits but left the account open. There was about $18 left in the account. In April 2009 they sent me an email saying I needed to log into my account or it would be closed. The email went to my spam folder. The next contact from them was a letter saying they closed my account and helped themselves to the remaining balance to help them recoup the costs they incurred in trying to contact me. I emailed them and asked them to review this decision, I didn't want the account closed nor did I want them to have my money. They said no, I called them and was also told no. I sent a letter and the emailed me back with a canned response.

This is a way for ING to generate revenue, they find inactive accounts and assess made up fees. There's no reason for them to close the account. They tried to tell me it was due to California Escheatment laws, which is a lie. I don't even care about my $18 now, it's the fact that they can't be bothered to talk to me and this practice is ridiculous.

DO NOT open an ING Direct Account! You're better off using Bank of America or Chase, at least you know your money is safe.

3 comments
G
Sep 22, 2009 1:33 pm EDT

I had a savings account with ING Direct. I used the account to pay for my wedding in 2006. After the wedding I turned off the automatic deposit to the account. There was about $18 left in the account. In April 2009 ING sent me an email saying that I needed to log into my account or it would be closed to due to inactivity. The email went to my spam folder. The next contact from them was a letter telling me they closed my account and helped themselves to the remaining balance, saying they had to recoup the fees they incurred trying to contact me. I've sent emails, letters and called and the refuse to refund my money. This is way for ING to generate revenue, it's a ripoff. ONE letter does not cost them $18, what if I had $50 in the account? Don't use ING Direct.

Jun 19, 2010 7:56 pm EDT

Keep in mind JP131, most banking customers are idiots just like NicP74. They dont know of escheatment laws. But I will admit that ING Direct is trying tio make money off of the customers any way possible now

Sep 24, 2009 2:25 pm EDT

Escheatment laws are real (for California see http://www.sco.ca.gov/upd_lawregs.html ). If you don't access your bank account for an extended period ING Direct has to hand over your money to the State. If you received and acted on the email to log in that would have been to avoid your account needing to be escheated.

If you're in the habit of not keeping up to date with all your accounts and investments good idea to check if the State already has some of your assets: http://scoweb.sco.ca.gov/UCP/

F
7:03 pm EDT

Ing Bank - unauthorized charges

Our debit card information (including our pin) was stolen and manufactured into a new card. Our real card never left our possession. The crooks withdrew $100 NINE separate times at a Las Vegas ATM. Including transaction charges, our loss is $927. The fraudulent withdrawals were disputed with the ING Direct. Our bank rejected our dispute because our pin was used. We submitted a second dispute so that they can look into it further. Our second dispute was rejected.

Based on the timeline of the fraudulent charges and real charges, we can prove that our card was in California and never left our possession. However the bank will not let us talk to anyone to clear this up. ING does not have normal brick and mortar branches so it is making it virtually impossible to talk to someone that can help us. The fraud department is the one that is rejecting our claims and the customer service representative and supervisor will not transfer our calls to the fraud department.

F
Oct 01, 2009 11:26 am EDT

Go to the Delaware Banking Commision website or call [protected]. I did that today and left a message and then went on the website and sent an email. I also called my local representative and got them on the case as well.

10:29 pm EDT

Ing Bank - redlining

I have worked as a professional in the financial services industry for the past 25 years, and I consider myself to be a sophisticated consumer.

My wife and I wanted to combine the balance of our first mortgage and existing home equity line into one single mortgage, and I received information about the “Orange Mortgage” from ING Direct.

We applied on-line, and received an immediate approval under the terms we requested, subject to verification of income, satisfactory appraisal, etc.

Everything was fine until the appraisal came in significantly lower than we expected.

The folks we talked and corresponded with at ING Direct were all very polite, but not able or willing to listen to or act on any of the extensive information we provided to help inform the appraised value.

Note that we purchased the property about 3 years ago, and have completely renovated it, including a 450 square foot addition which includes a master bedroom suite.

We believe the appraiser was using records from our purchase together with outdated city records on the size and condition of the house,

In retrospect, we think that because our house is located in a small city adjacent to the Bronx, and which has a significant minority population, this may be a major factor behind the refusal of the ING Direct people – located in Saint Cloud, Minnesota – to negotiate in good faith.

Saint Cloud, MN is a city very similar in population size to the City of Mount Vernon, NY, where we live. Most recent census data reveals a key difference between Saint Cloud and Mount Vernon: Saint Cloud is 92% white; Mount Vernon is 30% white.

To add insult to injury, ING Direct has charged my credit card $350.00 to “cover some of the costs associated with processing my file.” When I called to dispute the charges, and inquired about their process to cover some of the costs I’ve incurred in relation to the application, they were again very polite, not helpful, but very, very polite.

Redlining is redlining the way I see it. And I don’t approve of redlining, nor am I willing to compensate a lender for redlining. Enough is enough.

6:08 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Someone was able to access my Electric Orange account and withdraw $800 from it. INGDIRECT says it was my card used and will not investigate the unauthorized use of my card and will NOT honor there service guarantee. They promise the money would be safe, but it is not.

11:33 pm EST

Ing Bank - fraudulent actions

Over the weekend, 1/10&11/09, the market figures ING used were incorrect. I made several trades that with the figures were $3, 000 buying and $1000 profit in sales of stocks. When they opened Monday and changed the figures, the stock that I sold were at a loss and the stock bought was $12, 000. I called customer service, they told me they were sorry and they gave me 2 free trades for my $12, 000 loss. Unless you like loosing money, don't trust any information on their quotes and they won't back anything up. They sent emails to confirm the problem and they knew about it at opening. They took no action to correct this or stop any transactions.

Jul 10, 2012 9:58 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Junk bank - I opened an account and deposited two checks from Home Depot almost a month ago, ING has cashed the checks and just kept the funds with no valid cause. I have made numerous attempts and their employees just don't give a s***. This online bank has actually went ahead and opened cafes to lure more customers. Unbelievable they can't even run a legitimate financial institution and now are trying to run cafes. Save your self the headache, eat and open your account elsewhere.

Forgot to mention they also changed my security questions as well the first time I called none of my answers matched, I sent a security notice via email ASAP then the next day my security questions were all correct. They are changing customers info.

6:35 am EST

Ing Bank - caution!

You may not be able to access your money for a long time after you deposit in your Ing Direct Bank account.

On 11-10-08, I requested Ing Direct Bank to electronically transfer a decent amount of money from my checking account at Wachovia Bank to my Savings account at Ing Direct Bank.

According to Ing Direct Managers, I will not be able to access my money until 11-20-2208.

In this day a age, you would assume that electronic transfers would not take more than one day and you would be able to access your money immediately.

If I knew about this huge delay in accessing my own money, I would have never made this transfer!

Jun 18, 2011 10:32 pm EDT

Had a huge issue with opening a bank account for my mom. The agent was quite prejudiced and discriminatory. Just because she couldn't clearly understand her accent she summarily decided not to allow her to open the account. I have been an ING Direct customer for 10 years and I was terribly disappointed by the treatment given to my mom.

1:23 pm EST

Ing Bank - ing direct complaints file with bbb

If you are having trouble with ING Direct, file a complaint with the BBB. I accidentally received notes on an email that I received from them. Turns out they do not like BBB complaints and that will help you get your problems resolved!

Jun 20, 2013 6:11 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On May 2 2013 I was informed by my Dr. that I would be out of work for perhaps another 6 weeks due to a injury, I called ING and required about pulling some money out of my 401 k plan which I did. I took out five thousand dollars. Around may 28 2013 I called to see if I could take out some more money and was told that I could not because you have to wait to 6 months before you can take out anymore. I was never told this. ING representatives told me that if they failed to advise me about the 6 months that they could accomidate me if the mistake was on their part. I was told by a supervisor by the name of Cody Mercier that he was personally going to look in this matter for me and that he would get back with me within 48 hrs., or no later than the following Tuesday. He did not and every attempt on my part has been unsuccessful in getting back with him. Another ING employee called me and said that they would not be able to help me even if the mistake was on their end and that their was no error in the transaction and even if I had been misinformed that they could not change their position because it was policy.

2:55 pm EST

Ing Bank - ing direct will not close my account and send my remaining funds

I have requested my account be closed with ING Direct and my remaining balance be refunded to my linked checking account on November 14th. I was told my funds would be sent over Monday November 17th, but as of today November 26th I have not received them and my ING account is still open. I have called almost every day, but I am always told that they are in the process of closing the account and the funds will be returned within 2-3 business days. All of my information is correct, but they are refusing to send my money back to me. How long can they hold my money hostage? Why do they keep lying to me? When I asked for something to be put in writing about the correct date, the manager refused. They also have not responded to my emails. My balance is over 2700.00 and there is nothing pending on the account. I have been banking with ING for 2.5 years years and never had any trouble when my account balances were going up. Now that we have gone through about 20, 000 in savings recovering from a job layoff and cross county move, I am seeing their true colors.

Jul 10, 2012 9:58 pm EDT

Junk bank -

E
4:49 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have had this savings account with ING without much incident for years. Yesterday (11/17/08) I called to link up a new checking account with this account. I was asked 4 security questions (not the ones I set up but ones based on information they pull from public records such as your credit report). 2 of the 4 question were regarding people I did not know...

S
3:09 am EDT

Ing Bank - no standard, no service, big fraud bank

No standard, No service, Big Fraud Bank. Its a f*cking rascel bank! Netbanking website is a hell. Netbanking login never works, even if it work all changes. Overcharges for non ING Vysya Bank ATM usages...

I will f*ck all the employees of this bank!

3 comments
Jun 05, 2009 5:20 am EDT

I am very disappointed with the large delay from ING vysya bank to close my personal account and cancel the ECS debit! Vysya bank trying to perform ECS debit two times even after I settled the full amount!
At least by now make sure that ECS debit not happened again, as I am keep loosing the money because its delayed process. dont ever try to deal with vysya bank.

R
Jan 27, 2009 12:02 am EST

Th eemployees of Faridabad Branch have no manners to talk to the customers, Specially One Employee B. Shriniwas is one of the irritate type of person. He querrels with all the customers.

Jul 10, 2008 10:45 am EDT

Ing Vysya is the worst bank to do business with when it comes to home loans as they are sucking blood out of their customers without any MERCY!

Ing Bank contacts