Having problems with Ing Bank?

133 464 (Australia)
+31 205 639 111 (Netherlands)
+1 646 424 6000 (United States)
+44 207 767 1000 (United Kingdom)
+61 290 284 077 (Australia)
+54 114 310 4700 (Argentina)
+43 168 0000 (Austria)
+32 24 646 004 (Belgium)
+359 29 176 400 (Bulgaria)
+86 109 5526 (China)
+420 257 477 777 (Czech Republic)
+852 28 488 488 (Hong Kong)
+36 12 358 700 (Hungary)
+62 215 151 616 (Indonesia)
+60 321 668 803 (Malaysia)
+63 24 798 888 (Philippines)
+351 211 201 362 (Portugal)
+65 65 353688 (Singapore (Asian Regional Office)
+82 23 171 800 (South Korea)
+41 225 923 000 (Switzerland)
+66 22 991 558 (Thailand)
+84 439 367 844 (Vietnam)
Amsterdamse Poort, Bijlmerplein 888
Amsterdam
Netherlands - 1102MG

Complaints & Reviews

annuity

My 95 year old mother had a annuity with ING that matured on 5-1-09. I, as POA, set it up to be paid out monthly over 5 years with myself listed as beneficiary. I asked how this would be handled in the event of her death and was told that the beneficiary could either continue the payments or take a lump sum payout for the balance. She died in July of 2009 and I opted for a lump sum payout of this annuity. The check I was sent was almost 11% (more than $14, 000) less than what was owed. I was told that this was a "commuted" value that basically reflected a "surrender charge". This had in no way been mentioned or explained to me before. I filed a complaint with the "Compliance Department" at ING and requested a review of this decision. After 2 months this company sent me a check for the remaining 11%. I would strongly urge anyone dealing with ING or any other company with regard to an annuity payout to get all details straightened out and in writing before entering to any agreement. ING attempted to steal from me and would have stolen from me had I not complained and I'm sure is currently stealing from people as you read this. They are NOT to be trusted.

• To
    Tom Chancy Mar 15, 2011

Had to file complaint with trade comission
    They found them with 3 violation fraud and inacurate accounting, over charging on trades

• Ve
    Venus Stafford Oct 10, 2014

ING has stolen money from me that was paid into my insurance. When I question them they tell me to talk with the agents that sold me the policy over twenty five years ago. I think that the Federal B of Investigations should investigate this company for taking senior citizens for their money. No one knows the where about of the agent. Now ING has change their name to Voya. They sent me a bill stating that I owe them $22, 411.65. I am going to help my children fight Voya while I m alive.

• Ve
    Venus Stafford Oct 10, 2014

ING need to be investigated and I m starting today to have them investigated. I m going to all that will listen. There are others out there that need their story heard.

Mathew Stoneman Mar 16, 2016

Valuable ideas ! I was fascinated by the facts ! Does anyone know if my business can get access to a sample CA EJ-160 form to complete ?

christian jerick Go Mar 17, 2016

Hi Mathew . my work colleague filled out a fillable CA EJ-160 version with this link "http://pdf.ac/59edhe"

no refund for fraudulent charges

H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E!!! RUN from this bank. They will allow fraudulent transactions on your account and offer no remedy to return the stolen money! Most reputable banks investigate your claims and return funds promptly. ING has rude and LAZY customer service who are clearly trained to take the path of least resistance, which is to deny you of basic consumer protection against predatory thieves. Do NOT trust them with your money! You will lose SOME if not all of it.

• Wh
    whocares9111 Dec 29, 2010

I agree, I had a fradulent charge 2 years ago. When I called ING they said to "handle it myself". Now they want to know why I stopped my direct deposit from going there and rarely use the account.

scam for employment

I received the e-mail below and thought it was legitimate so I completed the contract with ALL of my personal...

keep waited customers

when I was entered the ing bank yenigun branch in kemeralti in izmir in turkey. it was eleven o clock i had my numbers waiting just 3 person and thought its a short time for me to pay my bills.What has happened???? they kept us waiting one was talking on cellular phone with her boyfriend. the other one just gone off somewhere we dont know. now I have to pay extra money for some people work in the bank.And Im so sad it has happened in ing bank.Never had such problems in holland or in england.

my 25k stolen by ing direct

I had $25000.00 in ING Savings account. When I changed my banking from Chase Bank to Wells Fargo Bank, ING DIRECT froze my account and asked me to verify if I am the person. Well this happened after the fact I deposited money from Wells Fargo to ING and transfered money from ING to Wells Fargo. Now I wanted to close ING Account. When ING DIRECT came to know I was going to close the account they froze it and refusing me my money. HAHAHA Strange World eh! I provided all the proof that I am the person who owns the account, I have the same name, same social security number, on line account access, id and password, I have deposited and linked the bank accounts, now what kind of proof they need from me. Same phone number, same address, now can someone out there be so smart to steal someones account with so much verifications. ING still thinks I am a different person and they have closed, stopped my access, and had taken my money.
I just informed the FBI and BBB. If I don't get my whole life's income back what do you think I should do?

• Ka
    KaRaz Jan 08, 2010

customer service practices

This bank has the worst customer service department. The reason they give high interest is they hold your...

Carneys Point Banks

stole money

I tried to open a business savings account with this company, they said they couldn't verify me so, yeah, whatever, I've only been in business 8 years? They still withdrew the initial deposit out of my business checking account, won't give me access to it, and won't give it back. They basically stole $200 from me hoping I wouldn't do anything about, well I am. This is a very rude, irresponsible company and I'm glad I found out about this before I gave them more money.

AngieR Feb 16, 2012

I Hate ING now, they stole $8, 500 from me. Did you ever get your money back??

rip off

I had a savings account with ING Direct. I used it to pay for my wedding in 2006. After the wedding I turned off the automatic deposits but left the account open. There was about $18 left in the account. In April 2009 they sent me an email saying I needed to log into my account or it would be closed. The email went to my spam folder. The next contact from them was a letter saying they closed my account and helped themselves to the remaining balance to help them recoup the costs they incurred in trying to contact me. I emailed them and asked them to review this decision, I didn't want the account closed nor did I want them to have my money. They said no, I called them and was also told no. I sent a letter and the emailed me back with a canned response.

This is a way for ING to generate revenue, they find inactive accounts and assess made up fees. There's no reason for them to close the account. They tried to tell me it was due to California Escheatment laws, which is a lie. I don't even care about my $18 now, it's the fact that they can't be bothered to talk to me and this practice is ridiculous.

DO NOT open an ING Direct Account!! You're better off using Bank of America or Chase, at least you know your money is safe.

• Ge
    GerH74 Sep 22, 2009

I had a savings account with ING Direct. I used the account to pay for my wedding in 2006. After the wedding I turned off the automatic deposit to the account. There was about $18 left in the account. In April 2009 ING sent me an email saying that I needed to log into my account or it would be closed to due to inactivity. The email went to my spam folder. The next contact from them was a letter telling me they closed my account and helped themselves to the remaining balance, saying they had to recoup the fees they incurred trying to contact me. I've sent emails, letters and called and the refuse to refund my money. This is way for ING to generate revenue, it's a ripoff. ONE letter does not cost them $18, what if I had $50 in the account? Don't use ING Direct.

• Jp
    JP131 Sep 24, 2009

Escheatment laws are real (for California see http://www.sco.ca.gov/upd_lawregs.html ). If you don't access your bank account for an extended period ING Direct has to hand over your money to the State. If you received and acted on the email to log in that would have been to avoid your account needing to be escheated.

If you're in the habit of not keeping up to date with all your accounts and investments good idea to check if the State already has some of your assets: http://scoweb.sco.ca.gov/UCP/

chunkylover56 Jun 19, 2010

Keep in mind JP131, most banking customers are idiots just like NicP74. They dont know of escheatment laws. But I will admit that ING Direct is trying tio make money off of the customers any way possible now

unauthorized charges

Our debit card information (including our pin) was stolen and manufactured into a new card. Our real card never left our possession. The crooks withdrew $100 NINE separate times at a Las Vegas ATM. Including transaction charges, our loss is $927. The fraudulent withdrawals were disputed with the ING Direct. Our bank rejected our dispute because our pin was used. We submitted a second dispute so that they can look into it further. Our second dispute was rejected.

Based on the timeline of the fraudulent charges and real charges, we can prove that our card was in California and never left our possession. However the bank will not let us talk to anyone to clear this up. ING does not have normal brick and mortar branches so it is making it virtually impossible to talk to someone that can help us. The fraud department is the one that is rejecting our claims and the customer service representative and supervisor will not transfer our calls to the fraud department.

• Fr
    freckles67 Oct 01, 2009

Go to the Delaware Banking Commision website or call 302-739-4236. I did that today and left a message and then went on the website and sent an email. I also called my local representative and got them on the case as well.

redlining

I have worked as a professional in the financial services industry for the past 25 years, and I consider myself to be a sophisticated consumer.

My wife and I wanted to combine the balance of our first mortgage and existing home equity line into one single mortgage, and I received information about the “Orange Mortgage” from ING Direct.

We applied on-line, and received an immediate approval under the terms we requested, subject to verification of income, satisfactory appraisal, etc.

Everything was fine until the appraisal came in significantly lower than we expected.

The folks we talked and corresponded with at ING Direct were all very polite, but not able or willing to listen to or act on any of the extensive information we provided to help inform the appraised value.

Note that we purchased the property about 3 years ago, and have completely renovated it, including a 450 square foot addition which includes a master bedroom suite.

We believe the appraiser was using records from our purchase together with outdated city records on the size and condition of the house,

In retrospect, we think that because our house is located in a small city adjacent to the Bronx, and which has a significant minority population, this may be a major factor behind the refusal of the ING Direct people – located in Saint Cloud, Minnesota – to negotiate in good faith.

Saint Cloud, MN is a city very similar in population size to the City of Mount Vernon, NY, where we live. Most recent census data reveals a key difference between Saint Cloud and Mount Vernon: Saint Cloud is 92% white; Mount Vernon is 30% white.

To add insult to injury, ING Direct has charged my credit card $350.00 to “cover some of the costs associated with processing my file.” When I called to dispute the charges, and inquired about their process to cover some of the costs I’ve incurred in relation to the application, they were again very polite, not helpful, but very, very polite.

Redlining is redlining the way I see it. And I don’t approve of redlining, nor am I willing to compensate a lender for redlining. Enough is enough.

fraud and cheating

Someone was able to access my Electric Orange account and withdraw $800 from it. INGDIRECT says it was my card used and will not investigate the unauthorized use of my card and will NOT honor there service guarantee. They promise the money would be safe, but it is not.

• De
    DemiGod Sep 05, 2009

"They promise the money would be safe, but it is not." ... really? Here's a question for you: does ING Direct (or ANY bank for that matter) have control over where you use your card (i.e. internet/websites, stores)? Obviously not. So if you are not using your card responsibly, why should your bank eat the cost of YOUR mistake? Although banks do their best to monitor your spending habits in order to catch fraudulent transactions, the system is not perfect. BANKS ARE NOT YOUR PERSONAL BABYSITTERS! Take some personal responsibility for your actions. Also, think back on how many purchases you've made without reading the terms of your purchase. If you agreed to terms that would allow the merchant to take funds from your account... HOW COULD A BANK POSSIBLY FIGHT ON YOUR BEHALF?!? Which bring up another point. "INGDIRECT says it was my card used and will not investigate the unauthorized use of my card..." How could they possibly determine that without an investigation? The only reason the bank will not investigate is if YOU are not proactive and do not correspond back with the bank in the amount of time you are allocated. You don't need a bank. You should REALLY consider getting yourself a babysitter instead.

• Ra
    random google search Jan 07, 2011

I had 1400$ stolen from my account with WaMu (pre-Chase buyout) and they refunded all of the money because it was fraud (I guess someone did an ATM withdrawl somewhere in Europe using my account information, and I hadn't even traveled there!).

I don't know if WaMu 'fought on my behalf', but they returned the money. In fact I didn't even realize it had happened until they called me the very next morning initiated the process they also returned all of the overdraft fees I got as a result, it very pain-free (considering I had negative balance).

I would probably leave ING direct, and go with a regular bank if that was the case. Make sure to get a bank with theft protection.

I assume you immediately closed the account, or at least canceled the card.

fraudulent actions

Over the weekend, 1/10&11/09, the market figures ING used were incorrect. I made several trades that with the figures were $3, 000 buying and $1000 profit in sales of stocks. When they opened Monday and changed the figures, the stock that I sold were at a loss and the stock bought was $12, 000. I called customer service, they told me they were sorry and they gave me 2 free trades for my $12, 000 loss. Unless you like loosing money, don't trust any information on their quotes and they won't back anything up. They sent emails to confirm the problem and they knew about it at opening. They took no action to correct this or stop any transactions.

• Ke
    kevin ba Jul 10, 2012

Junk bank - I opened an account and deposited two checks from Home Depot almost a month ago, ING has cashed the checks and just kept the funds with no valid cause. I have made numerous attempts and their employees just don't give a s***. This online bank has actually went ahead and opened cafes to lure more customers. Unbelievable they can't even run a legitimate financial institution and now are trying to run cafes. Save your self the headache, eat and open your account elsewhere.

Forgot to mention they also changed my security questions as well the first time I called none of my answers matched, I sent a security notice via email ASAP then the next day my security questions were all correct. They are changing customers info.

caution!

You may not be able to access your money for a long time after you deposit in your Ing Direct Bank account.

On 11-10-08, I requested Ing Direct Bank to electronically transfer a decent amount of money from my checking account at Wachovia Bank to my Savings account at Ing Direct Bank.

According to Ing Direct Managers, I will not be able to access my money until 11-20-2208.

In this day a age, you would assume that electronic transfers would not take more than one day and you would be able to access your money immediately.

If I knew about this huge delay in accessing my own money, I would have never made this transfer!

John Yee25 Jun 18, 2011

Had a huge issue with opening a bank account for my mom. The agent was quite prejudiced and discriminatory. Just because she couldn't clearly understand her accent she summarily decided not to allow her to open the account. I have been an ING Direct customer for 10 years and I was terribly disappointed by the treatment given to my mom.

ing direct complaints file with bbb

If you are having trouble with ING Direct, file a complaint with the BBB. I accidentally received notes on an email that I received from them. Turns out they do not like BBB complaints and that will help you get your problems resolved!

• De
    DENNIS BROCK Jun 20, 2013

On May 2 2013 I was informed by my Dr. that I would be out of work for perhaps another 6 weeks due to a injury, I called ING and required about pulling some money out of my 401 k plan which I did. I took out five thousand dollars. Around may 28 2013 I called to see if I could take out some more money and was told that I could not because you have to wait to 6 months before you can take out anymore. I was never told this. ING representatives told me that if they failed to advise me about the 6 months that they could accomidate me if the mistake was on their part. I was told by a supervisor by the name of Cody Mercier that he was personally going to look in this matter for me and that he would get back with me within 48 hrs., or no later than the following Tuesday. He did not and every attempt on my part has been unsuccessful in getting back with him. Another ING employee called me and said that they would not be able to help me even if the mistake was on their end and that their was no error in the transaction and even if I had been misinformed that they could not change their position because it was policy.

ing direct will not close my account and send my remaining funds

I have requested my account be closed with ING Direct and my remaining balance be refunded to my linked checking account on November 14th. I was told my funds would be sent over Monday November 17th, but as of today November 26th I have not received them and my ING account is still open. I have called almost every day, but I am always told that they are in the process of closing the account and the funds will be returned within 2-3 business days. All of my information is correct, but they are refusing to send my money back to me. How long can they hold my money hostage? Why do they keep lying to me? When I asked for something to be put in writing about the correct date, the manager refused. They also have not responded to my emails. My balance is over 2700.00 and there is nothing pending on the account. I have been banking with ING for 2.5 years years and never had any trouble when my account balances were going up. Now that we have gone through about 20, 000 in savings recovering from a job layoff and cross county move, I am seeing their true colors.

• Ke
    kevin ba Jul 10, 2012

Junk bank -

money hijacked

I have had this savings account with ING without much incident for years. Yesterday (11/17/08) I called to...

no standard, no service, big fraud bank

No standard, No service, Big Fraud Bank. Its a [censored]ing rascel bank!!! Netbanking website is a hell. Netbanking login never works, even if it work all changes. Overcharges for non ING Vysya Bank ATM usages...

I will [censored] all the employees of this bank!

• 55
    555 mail Jul 10, 2008

Ing Vysya is the worst bank to do business with when it comes to home loans as they are sucking blood out of their customers without any MERCY!

• Ra
    Rajesh Jan 27, 2009

Th eemployees of Faridabad Branch have no manners to talk to the customers, Specially One Employee B. Shriniwas is one of the irritate type of person. He querrels with all the customers.

• Ka
    kamal Jun 05, 2009

I am very disappointed with the large delay from ING vysya bank to close my personal account and cancel the ECS debit!! Vysya bank trying to perform ECS debit two times even after I settled the full amount!
    At least by now make sure that ECS debit not happened again, as I am keep loosing the money because its delayed process. dont ever try to deal with vysya bank.

illegal unfair practices

I had unauthorized charges on my account dated 03/23/08. I disputed them on 03/24/08 and sent in the...

cheated by the company

I joined ING VYSYA LIFE INSURANCE freedom plan paying $10, 000(Rs 4, 44, 000). But I was awarded only Units numbering 23, 632. The unit price was Rs 11.00 and I should get more for the amount of Rs.4, 44, 000. I enquired with ING and found they have taken and paid commission fee of more than Rs 1.5 lakhs to the agent who got me into this program. ING VYSYA LIFE done this to me without my permission or knowledge. When I asked to return the amount, ING declined my request. ING have not mentioned the commission amount clearly in the The terms and conditions.

So please do not go/purchase any products or services of ING LIFE VYSYA as you will also be cheated.

I am writing this on everyone's benefit and guidance.

Thank you.
Kumar

• Jl
    J.L. Sudhir Nov 23, 2007

Dear Sir,

I have submitted a sum of Rs. 50,000/- on 27-June-07 against cheque no. 819036 to get the Life insurance policy as per the documents handed over to me. Afterwards, my medical examination has been conducted twice, but till today i have not been issued any policy and dont know where my money has been utilized. I had a frequent talks with branch manager (Yamuna Vihar Branch, Delhi) who is also unable to give me any satisfactory response. Everyday i have been told that the policy is being issued from the concerned department but all are laim excuses.

Similarly this happened with my wife's case where the bank utilized 50,000 Rs for 6 months and she has been issued policy after long fight.
    We assume that this is ING Vysya's regular practice and it should be highlighted on public news and television.

Awaiting your immediate response.

J.L. Sudhir (09810056849)

sairam Dec 04, 2007

Hi,
    I have taken the ingvysya life insurence. But even after 6months I have not received any papers or acknoledegement.

When I tried to contact the sales manager, he is keep ontelling the it has been send to my address, but I never received.

I keep on mailing for all id's(including helpdesk) in their site, but never get any reply.
    I tried to contact with the customer care, he will redirect the call to sales department.

Before going to invest in "ingvysyalife" make call to customercare, you will never call to that number again.

sairam Dec 04, 2007

I ma also facing same problem.
    I have invested on June 30 2007. But till now I have not received any documents.

I keep calling and mailing to all the id's and numbers avialable in therir site.
    But of no use till the date.

• Mr
    mrs mary sham bhat Apr 15, 2008

I also felt the same type of behaviour from themabout two of my policies better to take care of our money when in vesting with suchcheating people.

Manish Madhav Sep 22, 2008

Even I am a victim of the malpractices by ING Vysys Life. They are really bad, careless, adament, unprofessional, and what not. In fact if the complaints against them accumultaed, they are the right candidates for unfair business practices. should be kicked out of India. Our national companies are much better than these international *********.

• My
    myfrens Mar 20, 2009

Check their product brochure better for details. I think they deduct allocation charges like every other life insurance company. If I am not wrong their website www.inglife.co.in will have all details around the same. I checked it and for the mentioned plan it was around 45% of first year premium.

If you were not told this, possible that your agent sold it wrong to you. You should always check the Insurance companies literature before deciding to believe your agent.

horrible treatment illegal practices

On Wednesday, February 20th I attempted to use my debit card and was unable to do so. I called ING customer...