Menu
IHOP
reviews & complaints

IHOP
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

833 complaints
58 resolved 775 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of IHOP. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
3:16 pm EST

IHOP - servers

On Friday-Saturday January 23-24 appx 1am I visited the Beavercreek location with a friend. After being sat down by server Caitlin next to the kitchen doors we were waiting for a longtime to get served finally she came back and said "I will take you drink order only" We gave her our order then waited and finally a young lady came back and took our food order.

Shortly after a server was standing right next to our table speaking to a customer who may have been a off duty employee and complaining loudly about her job. She had really dark black hair. She kept going on and on about how much money she wasn't making and how "F" up the management was. She said she had lost over $300 because they had her working in there and she had to help the new girl. Then the other girl start chiming in I think her name was Caitlin and she was saying the same stuff this was all going on in front of our table loudly with no respect for us at all.

I finally asked her to please take that in the back as I didn't want to hear it. But not but a few minutes later they were back right at it again then they went to the POS station and the new girl was there trying to input a order and was confused about something and the girl in the black hair started verbally attacking her telling her she don't get paid to train her and she was taking money out of her pocket and was just so cruel to her. This again was in a loud voice and on the floor with customers all listening in.

I was disgusted by this behavior and it really made the entire experience unpleasant. Im not sure if the problem is management or corporate but some one needs to get into the store and train the stuff properly it was a mess.

9:35 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband, grandson and myself visited this location on 08/20/20015. I would consider ourselves good customers as we frequent this restaurant on the average on 1-3 times per month. On this particular day, we arrived at approximately 11:00 for brunch. We were seated promptly. It took awhile before we even saw the waiter to take our drink orders. Now mind...

11:34 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Began there beginning of August was fired same day over another girl lies bout me working at dollar tree, I left unlike her who was fired this past may. He wouldn't listen Rashied never paid me for that day and never called back about IHOP nonsense, fired cuz Sasha jealous over all black guys were flirting and saying I wouldn't last cus they run all them...

C
12:00 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

04/08/2015 about 10;00 PM Party of five I ordered a Philly Cheese Steak with onion rings about 15 minutes later Brandon brought me my order with french fries and said cook made a mistake and would bring me onion rings. About 5 minutes later brought me four burnt onion rings and asked me if they were too burnt he would bring me another order. Of course, I...

View 0 more photos
E
8:02 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The GM doesn't know how to talk to his employees. This is the 2nd gm in the less than 6 months this store has been opened. Talking down to your employees and telling them that "I don't care" when they come to you with a legit concern regarding customers or the food, is not manager material, let alone GM material. Writing you're fired on the table for a...

S
6:18 am EST

IHOP - hair in our food

We got seated and after 10min of everyone walking by us we finally got our drink order, then the table behind us sent their good back for having a hair in it and another for having an eye lash! Then we got out food and as my husband went to eat his hash browns I'll be darn if there wasn't a hair mixed in with it! The service was horrible and we got up and left! I don't think any of the cooks were wearing hair nets, not to mention my 3yr old finished the evening throwing up the someone what did she got to eat from there before we found the hair!

U
4:28 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went for lunch to the place I-HOP. I ordered salad and the waitress took the order and promised that within 5 minutes it would be ready. I waited 30 minutes, but this waitress never showed up. WTF? I wanted to find her, but the other waitress simply told me to wait more and went away without any explanation. It was the worst services ever. Please post comments if you had the same problems in this place.

K
6:45 pm EDT

IHOP - horrible management

The manager at the Brookpark IHOP started telling at an employee because she made a mistake. I told our server that he was making our visit uncomfortable, and she told the manager. He came into the dining area where we were sitting, all angry, and started to basically say that she deserves to be yelled at . I told him that he was being unprofessional by yelling at the employee and belittling her in front of everyone. He told me that he didn't care, and he walked away. Never apologized, and I told him that he needed to apologize to his employee, and he swore, then said, "ya that will never happen." This was by far the worst situation at a restaurant to have ever been in. He should not be yelling at anyone because everyone makes mistakes. That is how people learn! I will keep escalating this issue until someone from corporate calls me.

2 comments
I
Aug 19, 2014 3:41 am EDT

I am an employee at an IHOP in Florida. I will say that IHOP does not care about good employees. Their Human Resources, at least in FL, is indifferent to complaints from employees, unless it is a major issue that could result in a scandal and a millionaire lawsuit. They always justify unprofessional behavior and ILEGAL retaliation from managers. When this happens, employees are unhappy. When employees are unhappy (or not trained and helped properly and enough), many customers do not receive excellent service.

T
Jun 22, 2014 9:22 am EDT

this is only one side of this tail. i wonder if this really happened, and this poster just does not like the manager.

I
5:23 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My wife and me went out for a breakfast meal on 3/10/14, my wife ordered Raspberry cream cheese crepes, eggs, hash brown, and bacon. I had oatmeal, wheat toast, turkey bacon and fruit cup. It took us about 15-20 minutes to receive our order, a couple came in 5 minutes after us and received their food before us. I informed the Manager who was very...

M
1:43 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was relased from my job at IHOP on Warwick Blvd after being verbally harrased and disrespected by a co-worker, who speaks and handles all employess in the building the same way. The management PaulDale was on site and in the same room when the worker addressed me first and started to call me names and yell and curse at me in front of all of my co-worker...

3:43 am EDT

IHOP - extremely bad service

So I have visited your restaurant quite a few times over the last year. Everytime me and my family visit the service is worse than the last time. I don't normally file complaints. I mean afterall it is just food. At the same time every time I have visited the service has been terrible. The servers are always distracted. The managers are always rude. I assume they are managers because they don't wear the attire the rest of the staff do. Ive talked to the managers a few times even. I have over heard one of them even talking about consuming illegal drugs with a younger blonder server a couple of times when we've visited. All of this not appropriate for a family restaurant. The food is almost always been cold or looked as though its been simply thrown together. The soup never has come out before the meal. The last time we visited our waitress "Stephy" told us that is simply how things are done. Sh e was very rude. We lost her attention when some homeless guy came in. A guy she must have known though because they conversed at the front for at least ten minutes before she came and took our bill. We nearly walked out. Needless to say with the kind of riff raff for staff and obviously extremely bad service. Me or my family will not visit that particular IHOP anytime soon. If any IHOP at all. Which is a shame because we go through Sioux Falls quite often through out the year. Was one of our favorite places to stop. Over the last few visits though I can see that a different choice is whats best for me and my family. I remember a couple of servers who grabbed out attention through out this year passing through that weren't bad. They were our servers they only time we actually had good service. An older gentleman and a young spunky redhead. They were genuinely kind and made me and my family feel wanted and welcome. They served us with smiles and attentiveness. However every time after, which is quite a few the service has been terrible. Which is why I decided to let you know. People do not want to eat at a place where people are obviously doing drugs, not attentive, or rude. I expected so much more from the managers even. I already stated however that We've overheard one of the taller (Amy) managers talking about consuming the illegal drug "marijuana" with a thicker blonde "Stephanie" server on more than one occasion. The other managers we've come in contact with were very rude to me and my family when we commented on the bad service and the inappropriate conversations we overheard while visiting. Very distasteful indeed. With everything else I can assure you we will never return to that location or any IHOP for awhile.

T
8:10 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After church yesterday my friend & I goes to Ihop to eat like we always do. Its the Ihop at 9099 Metcalf Ave. Overland Park, Ks. [protected]) Manger names Ramone. I order the Big Steak Omelette it had three pieces of steak on the omelette two in side and one on top. I send it back the manger came to my table and try to tell me it was 4 ounces of...

L
9:16 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Waited for 45 minutes after ordering and when waitress did not return we decided to leave. I found the waitress and was told the food ws just then being put on the grill. I asked how much we owe for the 2 Pepsi's we had and was ignored by waitress and manager.Never answered or told a price. So we walked out only to be chased down by "manager" who said we...

K
12:38 am EST

IHOP - harassment

3/8/13 is the date i walked into IHOP and was not offered any seating by any means. After two of my friend had left from being seated for coffee i intended on staying to finish my own and looked forward to ordering a meal since i was off duty and starving. I was then told to abandon my my table and find place elsewhere. after waiting to be seated for 3 hours i was harassed by the manager twice within twenty minutes of waiting with no line that evening to be told to find elsewhere to be until the company policy read by me obliged the manager to find me seating. i had already finished a meal and ordered another meal with coffee once again. Everyone one else was being offered surveys on there order and mine were tossed in the trash. I can not begin to explain the hostility i felt in a work environment such as IHOP, considering a widely organized establishment would not accept me as a guest let alone a human being.

S
5:10 pm EST

IHOP - no service

When we first went in the hostess said let me make sure I have tables set up, there was only 2 of us. She seated us in a corner booth and left. The waiter visited the table next to us 3 times while we waited to be served. We waited almost 10 mins. when we got up to leave, the waiter went out of the restaurant to speak with someone in a car. The hostess did not say anything when we went by her going out the door. She had 2 other people she was showing to a table when I told them good luck on getting served because we did not get served. So we went to Denny's

1 comment
Feb 14, 2013 5:15 pm EST

Oh my God...the horror. You waited 10 minutes. Jesus. Eat at home.

4:21 pm EST

IHOP - owner

I suggest no one eat here, the hostess and owner are very rude. In East Brunswick around lunch time my sister and her friend went to IHOP for some free pancakes only to be disrespected when they came up short for a donation. The host was rude as she commented "Why don't you check your coach purses for some change" along with the comment of "I hope you don't end up in the hospital anytime soon" from the host named Tracy. Upon returning hours later and enjoying pancakes my sister and brother were yet assaulted again. This time by the OWNER named Joan. when leaving they left a $7 tip for the kind waitress, more than generous. When handing the donation to Joan the owner she threw, not tossed, THREW the change at my sister's face followed by harassing names. My sister and brother left calmly and called my father who showed up, leveled headed as he was he simply asked what happened the owner, again her name is JOAN, admit to throwing change at my sister's face and then yelled in my father's face "Your daughters a little brat". This is the worst display of a business i have ever seen by an owner. Such disrespect and immaturity should not be exposed to customers. Especially high school students who were the only mature ones in this situation simply there to enjoy a meal and did nothing to be assaulted or harassed.

7:05 pm EST

IHOP - rude comments

As I was in this restaurant to eat, I sat fairly close to the kitchen. The whole time I heard the cook complaining about a customer. From what I can only assume, she is a frequent customer. I assume this because he stated he had already cooked for her as if that mattered. then he stated she could find elsewhere to hang out. I personally don't care how many times someone comes into a restaurant or how well you know them. If they are a paying customer then you treat them as such. I myself found the comments rude and can only imagine how the young lady felt.

M
4:31 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Manager doesnt care about the resturaunt or employees, she says if customers dont like it then fine they can leave mc donalds is right around the corner, she brings her husband to work and he just stares at the female employees rear and makes them feel uncomtrable and she the manager takes it out on us, all there bacon is done in the morning and is in a...

View 0 more photos
E
10:07 am EST

IHOP - restaurant in general

If you want to work at this store be prepared to kiss butts or you will be able to keep your job. They allow bullying harrasment among employees. If you value your health don't eat there. They are more worried about labor than making it safe for the guest and employees. I have worked in many restaurants but never one like this one, this is THE worst restaurant I've EVER worked in

10:32 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am an employee of this Ihop but currently seeking work elsewhere. The Management staff play favorites and allow some staff to hang in the office instead of take care of customers and not to mention choosing who will be wrote up depending if they like that person. Sometimes the rules are enforced but then again it depends on who they are. Most of the staff...

IHOP contacts