Having problems with IHOP?

IHOP reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 20, 2006. The latest review Worker was posted on Sep 11, 2021. The latest complaint manager karen ellyson unethical behavior was resolved on Dec 02, 2019. IHOP has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 804 reviews. IHOP has resolved 57 complaints.

IHOP Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with IHOP Customer Service. Initial IHOP complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for IHOP above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about IHOP. Discuss the issues you have had with IHOP and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

IHOP Complaints & Reviews, Page 37

IHOP # 4411 — breakfast fiasco

My wife and me went out for a breakfast meal on 3/10/14, my wife ordered Raspberry cream cheese crepes, egg...

IHOP — black balling

I was relased from my job at IHOP on Warwick Blvd after being verbally harrased and disrespected by a...

IHOPextremely bad service

So I have visited your restaurant quite a few times over the last year. Everytime me and my family visit the service is worse than the last time. I don't normally file complaints. I mean afterall it is just food. At the same time every time I have visited the service has been terrible. The servers are always distracted. The managers are always rude. I assume they are managers because they don't wear the attire the rest of the staff do. Ive talked to the managers a few times even. I have over heard one of them even talking about consuming illegal drugs with a younger blonder server a couple of times when we've visited. All of this not appropriate for a family restaurant. The food is almost always been cold or looked as though its been simply thrown together. The soup never has come out before the meal. The last time we visited our waitress "Stephy" told us that is simply how things are done. Sh e was very rude. We lost her attention when some homeless guy came in. A guy she must have known though because they conversed at the front for at least ten minutes before she came and took our bill. We nearly walked out. Needless to say with the kind of riff raff for staff and obviously extremely bad service. Me or my family will not visit that particular IHOP anytime soon. If any IHOP at all. Which is a shame because we go through Sioux Falls quite often through out the year. Was one of our favorite places to stop. Over the last few visits though I can see that a different choice is whats best for me and my family. I remember a couple of servers who grabbed out attention through out this year passing through that weren't bad. They were our servers they only time we actually had good service. An older gentleman and a young spunky redhead. They were genuinely kind and made me and my family feel wanted and welcome. They served us with smiles and attentiveness. However every time after, which is quite a few the service has been terrible. Which is why I decided to let you know. People do not want to eat at a place where people are obviously doing drugs, not attentive, or rude. I expected so much more from the managers even. I already stated however that We've overheard one of the taller (Amy) managers talking about consuming the illegal drug "marijuana" with a thicker blonde "Stephanie" server on more than one occasion. The other managers we've come in contact with were very rude to me and my family when we commented on the bad service and the inappropriate conversations we overheard while visiting. Very distasteful indeed. With everything else I can assure you we will never return to that location or any IHOP for awhile.

IHOP — bad services

After church yesterday my friend & I goes to Ihop to eat like we always do. Its the Ihop at 9099 Metcalf Ave...

IHOP — unprofessional

Waited for 45 minutes after ordering and when waitress did not return we decided to leave. I found the...

IHOPharassment

3/8/13 is the date i walked into IHOP and was not offered any seating by any means. After two of my friend had left from being seated for coffee i intended on staying to finish my own and looked forward to ordering a meal since i was off duty and starving. I was then told to abandon my my table and find place elsewhere. after waiting to be seated for 3 hours i was harassed by the manager twice within twenty minutes of waiting with no line that evening to be told to find elsewhere to be until the company policy read by me obliged the manager to find me seating. i had already finished a meal and ordered another meal with coffee once again. Everyone one else was being offered surveys on there order and mine were tossed in the trash. I can not begin to explain the hostility i felt in a work environment such as IHOP, considering a widely organized establishment would not accept me as a guest let alone a human being.

IHOPno service

When we first went in the hostess said let me make sure I have tables set up, there was only 2 of us. She seated us in a corner booth and left. The waiter visited the table next to us 3 times while we waited to be served. We waited almost 10 mins. when we got up to leave, the waiter went out of the restaurant to speak with someone in a car. The hostess did not say anything when we went by her going out the door. She had 2 other people she was showing to a table when I told them good luck on getting served because we did not get served. So we went to Denny's

IHOPowner

I suggest no one eat here, the hostess and owner are very rude. In East Brunswick around lunch time my sister and her friend went to IHOP for some free pancakes only to be disrespected when they came up short for a donation. The host was rude as she commented "Why don't you check your coach purses for some change" along with the comment of "I hope you don't end up in the hospital anytime soon" from the host named Tracy. Upon returning hours later and enjoying pancakes my sister and brother were yet assaulted again. This time by the OWNER named Joan. when leaving they left a $7 tip for the kind waitress, more than generous. When handing the donation to Joan the owner she threw, not tossed, THREW the change at my sister's face followed by harassing names. My sister and brother left calmly and called my father who showed up, leveled headed as he was he simply asked what happened the owner, again her name is JOAN, admit to throwing change at my sister's face and then yelled in my father's face "Your daughters a little brat". This is the worst display of a business i have ever seen by an owner. Such disrespect and immaturity should not be exposed to customers. Especially high school students who were the only mature ones in this situation simply there to enjoy a meal and did nothing to be assaulted or harassed.

IHOPrude comments

As I was in this restaurant to eat, I sat fairly close to the kitchen. The whole time I heard the cook complaining about a customer. From what I can only assume, she is a frequent customer. I assume this because he stated he had already cooked for her as if that mattered. then he stated she could find elsewhere to hang out. I personally don't care how many times someone comes into a restaurant or how well you know them. If they are a paying customer then you treat them as such. I myself found the comments rude and can only imagine how the young lady felt.

IHOP — managment

Manager doesnt care about the resturaunt or employees, she says if customers dont like it then fine they can...

IHOP 3123restaurant in general

If you want to work at this store be prepared to kiss butts or you will be able to keep your job. They allow bullying harrasment among employees. If you value your health don't eat there. They are more worried about labor than making it safe for the guest and employees. I have worked in many restaurants but never one like this one, this is THE worst restaurant I've EVER worked in

IHOP — employees and managers

I am an employee of this Ihop but currently seeking work elsewhere. The Management staff play favorites and...

IHOP — how your food is being cooked

You should be very concerned on who & how your food is being cooked. As a cook for IHOP everybody...

IHOPvery bad management

I just Quit my job at the Logan Ihop, the way they are allowing that place to be ran is so wrong, the new manager in charge is so rude, and has not got a clue about how to manage or lead a staff, she is so worried about the drama that goes on in her own home, and brings it to work with her, drug dealling, drinking, fighting, and her family and their problems, she is the worst manager i have ever had, the company really needs to check who they are letting be in charge of that place, it is a nightmare, bad choice on there part... She told me not to throw something away that the date was expired, just change the date is she trying to kill someone, Karlene is the worst manager in the restaurant buisness, she calls every server in there dumb, worthless, and says that the cooks are stupid mexicans and need to go back to mexico where they belong. Thank goodness I got out of there it was emberasing to say I woorked for Ihop, people call it the cockroach, the only thing is is doing is destoying the buisness complaining about all the hours she is working and not getting paid enough, who cares about her finances, the employees dont, I will never eat in that place again it is disgusting.

• Lying about a place any where you have worked shows how incredibly immature you really are and the fact you have to put names and personal anything in a comment that is supposed to be about the restaurant goes to show how unprofessional you must be, I have been in there lately and though not perfect defiantly improving, not sure anyone new at a job is perfect, but much more pleasant then managers I have seen in there in the past!

• Se
                  server at ihop Oct 25, 2010

This IHOP is very bad for not only the customers but even worse for the staff. Night management yells at servers in between the front doors of the restaurant. Welcome to IHOP to watch our disgusting display of public humiliation before you are fully in the building. The manager is very short-tempered and downright rude to the staff. Cooks threaten and scream at waitstaff in front of management, yet no action is taken to stop the scene in front of customers. Night management doesn't even know the menu, and very loudly in front of customers has actually asked a member of waitstaff if the never-ending pancake special comes with pancakes. Servers are punished for calling the district manager and the cooperate office when their checks are: 1. Not right for their hours; 2. Not right for tips reported; 3. Not the correct amount. False write-ups are made to fire people they don't like or people managers are threatened by. Management even writes up employees for doing things management tells them to do. For example: management tells servers not to allow people over the age of 12 to order from the kids menu, then when the server doesn't let a 35 year old woman order off the kids menu the server gets wrote up. Management also tells servers not to charge VIPs for or police officers for their drinks, then when the server doesn't charge for those drinks the server then gets wrote up yet again. Management makes up a lie that the server swore and said things that were never said yet again writes the server up and suspends the server. The server then asks to see the tape of this happening and suddenly the manager claims there is no sound on the tape which is another lie. Then the same manger that claims there's no sound on video tape claims that it was heard on video tape that the server told a customer her phone number and was discussing IHOP personal business with a customer. In actuality the server simply said to a personal friend, "hey give me a call I want to talk to you about something later because I can't right now." All the server wanted to discuss was going to the club they work at with a mutual friend of theirs to cheer him up in hard times. In return, the general manager has fired a cook that was there for years and actually told members of waitstaff it was because that cook knew more then he did. After working in different IHOPs in the state of Oklahoma for over 5 years as not only a server, shift leader, crew chief, manager on duty, and a manager for many years my employment has come to an end due to a managers lies. Time and again is has come up that this manager feels threatened because either I or someone else knew how to do our jobs as well as management's jobs.
                  I am not writing this as any form of attempt to "save" myself or even my job, but rather to warn people of what is truthfully going on in this store. Maybe this might stop a few people who don't deserve this fate which I have been talking about in this complaint. I would gladly have even included my name for all those who I have either served or worked with who know that I "do not" lie, as well as for all of those IHOP supervisors that are fully aware of my work ethics. However, I am unable to give out this information due to fear of legal actions for "disclosing company policy." If they are suing "The International House of Prayer" which is a church, why wouldn't they sue me?

IHOPbad managment

I wish to mot be known, I still work at the Logan Ihop I want to keep my job, but I over heard the new manager and two of the servers commenting on how they got the General Manager fired... they were very excited about hurting her reputation, and making her look really bad to the area directer, he didn't want to hear the good things about the manager just the bad, she was black balled. I am now looking for another job, but wanted to say that there is something wrong with the way things work in this restaurant. The new manager is evil, cold hearted and knew just what she was doing to make the general manager look bad, go behind her back and talk to all of us, and at the same time no do her own job... she is evil and calculated

• Tu
                    tummyfiller Nov 06, 2012

There IS a food bank, [censored]-and the service I had there was GREAT! I Really enjoyed the food, though it took a while to get it.

• Ca
                    cami parker Oct 15, 2012

I took my family to breakfast Sunday the 14the, our server had forgot to put in our order, I heard her tell thee manager, asked to get her food it took 1 hour and 20 minutes to get our food, not a sorry, or did thee manager visit out table, Linda was our server, and she acted as if she did not even care theat we waited so long. I and my family will not be going back to theat restaurant...

• Fr
                    frankbc Oct 04, 2012

What a clown fest we had breakfast there the other day, do they get there servers at not hirerable.com worst service in town. And the food sucks. I would rather eat at the local food bank if we had one!

• Pi
                    pistoffpaying Oct 04, 2012

I agree, that is a way ### way to treat the people who work for you, i wont go to that ihop again, and i love ihop...i will take my buisness to Angies... They have better food any way.

• Wh
                    whats wrong Mar 25, 2010

I was recently at the IHOP in wausau, WI and the manager "Elsa" was arguing with her seemed to be boyfriend of not coming home. I dont know what kinda buisness you all run but how would it ever be ok for a manager to be dating a cook. Seems to me that would cause a little bit of problems (which i have seen with my own eyes). I called the store trying to get some info so i could talk to someone above the store manager. As I was calling for info I found out that the sister was the managers boss????? WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS WOULD ALLOW THEIR REGIONAL MANAGER TO HIRE FAMILY AS A MANAGER?? Conflict of interest??? Cause when you call the regional manager about the problem nothing seems to get done!!! I think it is so rude to go into a restuarant to eat with your family and have to hear the employees arguing!! Then when trying to get something done, you get pushed away like its no thing!! I had to look on the internet and found a number out of this state to a diff IHOP which the manager then helped me find this.. Thank You!!!

IHOP, Capital Heights Maryland — stolen credit card information

Overly friendly waiter gave me my check and stated this is your check and as a courtesy I will take it up for...

Walker Mill

IHOP — management

Im am an employee at ihop on warwick blvd, and really love the job but we have very bad management the...

IHOP — horrible work envoriment

I'm a employee at Ihop in Bloomfield ct and I've been working there for almost six years the...

IHOP #3246 — good food, bad mannered waitet

Eat several time (3 other occasions), no complaints with the quality of the food, but it always takes one bad...

IHOP — bad owners

I have been an employee for 4 years at this IHOP and this last january we had new owners come in and make a...