Menu
Uniters company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

58 complaints
8 resolved 50 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Uniters customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Uniters. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
10:20 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On March 18, 2022 I submitted a claimed for a piece of furniture I purchased at American Furniture on May 2020. I purchased a leather motor recliner and I was assured that any issues with the recliner will be 100% cover under the Uniters Warranty Service. Our leather recliner broke as a result of moving to a new address. Since the day I submitted the claim...

5:11 pm EST

Uniters - Denied claim for no reason

My claim was denied without any explanation not even a response back to my hours spent taking photos and writing the story of the accident. They never responded because they just wanted to decline it without having any grounds. The couch isn’t even a year or so old and I purchased the warranty to make sure that it lasts for atleast 5 years.

I purchased the plan from Amazon and Amazon is filing a claim to get me my money back. But in fact I just lost money, time and got a lot of frustration in return.

Desired outcome: Filing a class-action against them for fraud or having my couch repaired under the warranty.

3:56 pm EST

Uniters - Furniture warranty

I purchased 8 pieces of new furniture from Wayfair for 3 rooms in my home and I purchased the extended warranty for ALL pieces - for 5 yrs. Less than 3 yrs into the warranty, one of the bed frames broke. I opened a claim with Uniters, as instructed by Wayfair. This process was all automated, with a form and not ability to speak to a human and ask questions. Initially they denied my claim (round one) and said that they my items were not longer covered under their warranty. This required me to call Wayfair back to get more information and to understand what was happening. Wayfair was able to give me a different PO number that helped Uniters to find the coverage and reopened the claim. This process took about 10 days. It was then I completed the form for the damage with my honest understanding and explanation of what happened. I explained that we noticed a wobble in the bed, and though it was a loose 'foot' but that a few weeks later the bed just broke, one said collapsed. I sent pictures of the broken bedframe. The claim was then denied saying I didn't report it within 30 days of first noticing the damage. Well, that is not exactly accurate. I didn't know the bed was breaking down. I reported it within a day of it actually collapsing. I have disputed it over and over. Called Wayfair. Even had Wayfair call Uniters to speak to a human to explain. They are rude and can only state the black/white policy 'of you didn't report it within 30 days' and not able (or willing) to listen to me and what actually took place. I feel like their form question of 'when did you first notice' is a trick question providing them an opportunity, such as this to deny a reasonable and honest claim. This is a scam.

Desired outcome: Honor my warranty as paid [email protected]

2 comments
T
Apr 20, 2022 3:36 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i think i need to verify what your saying to give you correct ideas of how to proceed.

when you wrote the report to them did you only say you thought it was the foot and noticed physical defect or was it a guess to the issue? how long before it actually broke from when you guessed the foot being the issue? i'm guessing it took about 15 [idk how long before you called wayfair] days after it broke.

Feb 11, 2022 4:39 pm EST

Hi Angela.

You have a solution and it's a lot easier than you may think, although it requires some effort on your part.

You're able to go to your local municipality and file a small claims dispute. You'll pay a little to have the paperwork filled and have Wayfair and Uniters served (file against them both and let the courts sorry it out). Less than 1% of those claiming to sue will actually do so, so the difference is taking the action. You can request the value of the bed along with the legal costs. I'd be surprised if they didn't contact you and get it settled.

12:51 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We ordered a color enhancer product from Uniters September 2021. The product completely messed up our ottoman and made it very blotchy looking. I called October 4th right after application to tell Uniters what happened and what could they do to rectify the problem. I have made alot of phone calls and sent emails regarding this issue. All documented. It wa...

G
7:46 pm EST

Uniters - Warranty Issue

We contacted them about an issue with lounger section of our sectional. The tech came for the service appointment told us the spring was not the issue and the foam cushion experienced abnormal wear. The tech then called his supervisor and obtained approval from his supervisor to have the cushion replaced. We were told that the new replacement would be delivered and that we would need to make an appointment to have it installed. Five months later we received notice that the replacement was not covered under warranty. We disputed the determination only to be told that the replacement was not covered, even though the technician received approval from the supervisor for the replacement. After multiple follow ups and requests to be called we have not received a response about why the supervisors approval has not honored and why our replacement cushion has not been provided. If they will not honor the approval given by the supervisor we want the cost of the warranty plan refunded.

Desired outcome: Replacement cushion as approved by supervisor or refund for warranty plan

5:15 pm EST

Uniters - Furniture warranty

My Dad is a disabled veteran and bought a lift chair from ABC Warehouse and an additional warranty that is now under Uniters. They had an issue with the chair being stuck in recline only. They called and a guy (no business card and no uniform) finally came out to service the chair. He messed around with the remote and some parts under the chair and said he had to go out to his vehicle. While he was out the chair made a loud noise and a part flew off and hit the wall. He returned and said he couldn't fix it however would order parts and took pictures. After a week went by, my parents called to follow up and were told it wasn't getting fixed and no parts were ordered. They were accused of messing with the chair and given that, the warranty was not going to be honored. After another follow up call and email to claims department, they were told via email that the warranty was void due to them messing with it and the maintenance guy breaking it.

Desired outcome: New chair

3:17 pm EST

Uniters - Won't honor warranty claims

Bought a 5yr. extended warranty through The Theater Seat Store that uses Uniters Pure for warranty claims. I made 2 separate claims for covered items and they always come up with a reason to reject them when they should be covered. My recent claim No. is C2653807 Also, I was never given a copy of the warranty. My theater chairs are les than 3yrs old

Desired outcome: Fix my chair

S
12:53 am EST

Uniters - Curtis stone - 5 quart 12 x 12 dura electric non-stick frying pan

Purchased a Curtis Stone 12 x 12 Dura Electric Frying pan in July 2020. The product was replaced in February 2021. Unfortunately the replacement also stopped working in December 2021. Because of the short life use (less than a year) of both frying pans, I asked for a full refund, but they declined. Since they declined my full refund request, I asked for a 2nd replacement, but they refused to send out a second replacement. Curtis Stone Customer service claimed that I wasn't entitled to any warranty on the replacement!

Desired outcome: Full refund requested

7:12 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I submitted a claim on my sofa which was accepted and a technician was sent out to make repairs. A technician came out and attempted repair, unfortunately the fabric at the location of damage is different than the fabric on the seat area and the technician was not able to complete the repair. He explained that he would have been been able to if the damage...

9:09 am EDT

Uniters - Warranty service

I purchased dark colored couches from VCF and my pet had an accident. Not visible stain because of the dark color but knew she had an accident because of the smell. Pet fluids are covered under my warranty. I submitted a claim and was denied because there is no visible stain and odor is not covered under warranty. Can you explain a pet fluid that has no odor? Pets that have accidents in your home will smell. That's just obvious! and no, you will not be able to see a stain because the color of my couch It's a very dark gray. If I spilled wine you wouldn't be able to see it. They twist and turn their words to not give you the claim.

Desired outcome: Replace my stained couch

V
1:54 pm EDT

Uniters - Warranty claim - not covered?!!

My claim was denied - I have purchased 3 contracts from value city furniture which uses your company - this is the 1st time I have ever filed a claim and it's denied ….. I read thru the exclusions and my market stain states it is covered and this should be covered however it was quickly denied saying read exclusions. Please assist otherwise I will have to file a bbb complaint my case# C2612419. I have read pages amd pages of complaints - this is so wrong.

Desired outcome: Fix my faux leather headboard

B
7:54 pm EDT

Uniters - Sectional sofa

I purchased a sectional sofa from Value City Furniture (clearly my first mistake). From the beginning, this sofa sounded creaky, unstable, and poorly made. It felt like no quality was put into the manufacturing of this sofa. I stuck through and figured the sofa needed to be broken in a bit. Recently, this issue has gotten progressively worse and the seat sinks in causing uncomfort and back pain. Since I purchased the "protection" plan, I tried making a claim and was told since I stated that the sofa has always sounded weak and unstable, that this issue backdates to delivery and my claim is DENIED because apparently you have 15 days to make a claim on a 5 year warranty service.. 15 days, so sorry if you have a job, kids, and other responsibilities. If you don't remember to file a claim within 15 days, you're SOL. Sounds like a scam to me, but who am I. I will NEVER again purchase ANYTHING from Value City and will be escalating this to the BBB and posting several other reviews.

Desired outcome: A new sofa or a FULL refund

7:28 pm EDT

Uniters - Warranty not honored

I purchased a sofa and loveseat from miskellys in February 2017 and purchased the Uniters 5 year pure balance additional warranty. I filed a claim August 15 2021 due to tears my dog did to my sofa trying to get on my sofa. I filed a claim and it was denied due to pet damage. I pulled up the warranty online and it stated pays for 1 time pet. It went into effect in 2018 after I purchased my warranty. NEVER PURCHASE ADDITIONAL WARRANTY.

Desired outcome: To repair or replace due to tare no matter how it is caused

C
8:19 pm EDT

Uniters - 5 year accidental protection for couch

This guys are a scam. I can't imagine living in the Covid era and this insurance company is denying every single claim. I'm willing to join a Class Action against them. These guys are the type of company you see on Netflix a few years later on how they scammed all this people and no one was able to bring them down. Disrespectful! And of course they're in Florida…

Desired outcome: Repair, Refund

Plan Reference number UN1065475
Purch Date 4-23-2017
Plan Number 26151

Plan was purchased thru Hansen's Furniture in Modesto in May of 2017
January 2021 pull handle cable broke on recliner.
I jumped thru the hoops and called in the problem 01-27-2021 10:59am. I also told them exactly what part was needed.
FSN finally came out to our house Feb 9th, without a part. Looked at the recliner and said it needed the SAME part I had already told them was broke. They told me that it was a known problem with that recliner and that the new part would be different ( believe they said not a cable) and this would not happen again.
They said they would order it and get back to me on when it would be available to install. Said it could take a month or two.
I had not heard another thing back so on May 25th (10:31am & 1:19pm) I tried to call twice and never got to talk with anyone.
I called again on July 20th and talked with a Kisha?. She informed me my claim had been closed. I told her that was interesting since my recliner had NEVER been fixed and NOBODY had ever contacted me. She said the part should have been shipped to me, but we NEVER received any part and she could not find where it had been shipped. She said she was going to reopen the claim and the part would be shipped to us and we were to let them know when it came. I came last Friday, but when I called, you were closed.
I called back today and advise someone else in "customer service" that the part had come, BUT it was the SAME as the original part. Not at new design.
I told her not to send out someone to put it on, because it had been so long that I went on Amazon and bought the original part myself and put it on just so I could use my recliner until the redesigned part was installed.
She said my warranty was void and no longer good.
I asked to talk with a supervisor and was not transfered. She said a supervisor would call me back, but it could be up to 4 DAYS!
I asked for the corporate offices number and the name of the CEO and she said she didn't know.
I hung up and called back again. Talked with another "customer service agent" and aske to talk to a supervisor. I was not connected and she said someone would call me back. When I asked how long for a return call, she said 24-48 hrs.

*** To say that your company has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE would be and understatement. In fact if there was a number lower than ZERO on the satisfaction scale i would use it.

I want a call back from the HEAD OF CUSTOMER SERVICE and the problem with my recliner corrected. If they are too busy or want to take 4 days, I want a call from the CEO.

I will also be calling the furniture store I got the recliner from who sold me your warranty and complaining to them and telling them to not use Uniters in the future.

Desired outcome: I want the recliner fixed the way they told me it would be fixed. I also want to talk to the head of customer service and get and explanation why your company has NO customer service.

W
3:45 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I submitted a claim for a tear on 30 June 2021. I sent picture as requested via directions from Uniters. The claim was rejected and I called again an spoke to Harold a supervisor who said he would have someone respond to look at the tear and evaluate it. Without any notice the request from Harold was rejected. I called again and was informed no one would be...

S
10:55 am EDT

Uniters - Wayfair recliners repairs claims rejected

We bought a 3+2 leather recliners almost 2 years back.
We have raised multiple claims for rip/tears etc.

First claim was rejected under regular wear/tear. ( how do we confirm it is regular and accident)
Second claim for Rip was rejected under the same clause. We mentioned it was accidental 1- time rip. But again rejected.

So whatever the claim is, they reject the claim even after asking to escalate it further.

Desired outcome: Repair

11:11 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

During Covid I had damages to some of my furniture. At the time they were not coming into the home and asked that I send pictures and submit claims for the furniture. Everything was fine as first, but then they said the claim was not submitted in on time or accurately. In which it was and I had proof. I did an appeal and was waiting for a return phone call...

1:09 pm EDT

Uniters - Office Chair Warranty

Do not get Uniters, ever! They definitely specialize in denying claims and not supporting them. I've had an easier time with totaled cars, thousand dollar electronic equipment, and even other office supplies using other companies than this one. They are the worst and will even deny your claims for not filing within 30 days of your 3-year warranty. They use every loophole and variant of dodging liability possible to not support your claims.

DO NOT GET UNITERS!

Desired outcome: No one ever uses Uniters again

H
6:36 pm EST

Uniters - A couch

I "unfortunately" bought your warranty for my couch! After several claims and phone calls with your reps who are expert in reading the papers you provide to them! All my claims got rejected. You're such a fraud company! You couldn't even give me an example where your warranty is applicable * talked to wayfair and complained about your company service and how they would possible recommend your fraud company to their customers. I will never fail for you again! Your only selling point is wayfair and for sure you won't stay with them for long. THIEVES

Uniters contacts