Menu
Idea Cellular
reviews & complaints

Idea Cellular
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

67 complaints
24 resolved 43 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Idea Cellular. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Idea Cellular - Hero Honda customer being cheated by Idea executive

I took a hero Honda corporate idea plan last month . As per hero Honda corporate plan & as committed by idea executive (Mr. Ajay Pandey) my CUG call must be free. Now in my bill these are being charged. After too many complaints and follow up now I am being told that as per new train regulation these can't be free. If this information would have been told to me earlier I would have gone for other operator.

Thus it is a negligence by your executive (MR. Ajay Pandey) i.e he does not have the knowledge that now CUG is not free now.Now I am trapped by Idea as I have already paid my advance rental for TWO YEARS & Rs. 2000 as my interim payment. So either return my all the deposit or make my CUG free as committed by your executive(Mr. Ajay Pandey). This is nothing but cheating the customer. How can IDEA change any plan without intimating the customer (i.e now CUG is not free in HERO HONDA plan).

1 comment
L
Nov 29, 2009 10:41 pm EST

Idea is a BIG SCAM company, They charged me unauthorised charges of above rs 500 few months ago saying that I have subscribed to their gprs service which I clearly didn't & when I spoke with the customer service they repeteadly kept on telling me that you had subscribed to it is not refundable. I make myself to forget the charge & now again a few days back they charged me again rs 50 saying that I have sent STD messages & It made me mad. Why on the earth I will spend 50 rs for sending messages instead of calling. when I contacted them then they were rude & told me that you have sent it & we will not refund a penny & when I asked them the numbers on which the messages has been sent, They start giving me run around. I am 100% sure that they are cheap ###ing BS scammers with a bamboo in their ### & jumping all day hungry for people's money, They have scammed thousands. this company should be shut down & owners should be put behind the bars. MOTHER###ERS, Randi ke beej saale.

C
12:00 am EDT

Idea Cellular - Irritating calls!

I bought an idea connection in february. Since then, almost once everyday i get irritating calls from their unsolicited customer care number, asking me to download Dialer Tone and ringtones. I do not want any dialer tone. But last week when i got the same call, i disconnected it as usual without pressing any button. Immediately i got a message that Dialer Tone has been activated. I was really annoyed, more so because RS. 40 were also deducted from my account.

I had to call up their customer care at least 5 times to get it canceled and convince them that there was some problem in the software. But the customer care operators were rude and adamant saying again and again that it cannot be activated on its own and that it was some misunderstanding from my part.

What do they think? Ss it my hobby to call customer care operators without any reason and waste my time? I was asked to call at some other no. to get my dialer tone canceled, the charges for which are Rs. 7 /min! After much of verbal riots i got to get it canceled by them. My friend who was a witness to this annoying incident was also surprised by the faulty system.

1 comment
Mar 02, 2009 11:53 pm EST

The primary objective of the National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC Registry) is to curb Unsolicited Commercial Communication (UCC). UCC has been defined as "any message, through telecommunications service, which is transmitted for the purpose of informing about, or soliciting or promoting any commercial transaction in relation to goods, investments or services which a subscriber opts not to receive, but, does not include, ----

(i) any message (other than promotional message) relating to a service or financial transaction under a specific contract between the parties to such contract;or

(ii) any messages relating to charities, national campaigns or natural calamities transmitted on the directions of the Government or agencies authorized by it for the said purpose;

(iii) messages transmitted, on the directions of the Government or any authority or agency authorized by it, in the interest of the sovereignty and integrity of India, the security of the State, friendly relations with foreign States, public order, decency or morality."

Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have received a call from the Idea customer care and the executive told that a plan will be activated on my prepaid number for which I have to make a payment of Rs500 and i will be provided 1000 minutes local call free, 1000 sms free and 100min for std free and after taking the amount i was told that i will be provided with a new postpaid number and i...

12:00 am EDT

Idea Cellular - Balance deducted!

I was having Rs.31 in my mobile on 13th June, and in the evening it reduced to Rs.16. Also on 14th June i recharged my number with Rs.50 recharge coupon after which balance was Rs.56 (Around Rs.16 was the previous balance). But again in the late evening it reduced to Rs.15. I never activated any premium service on my number!

Customer care is telling that they don't have any call details. That means that they will deduct the balance and simply say that they don't have the details! But their supervisor are having but none is ready to arrange a call back or transfer my call!

IDEA IS ONE OF THE WORST COMPANY!

My number is 09990117216

Rohin Mittal.

Update by Rohin Mittal
Jun 17, 2007 4:37 am EDT

Sorry there is one misprint! When i was having Rs.56 then in the evening Balance got reduced to Rs.41.

3 comments
K
Apr 06, 2008 7:43 am EDT

I'm also a victim of the cheating of idea cellular.i had activated idea gprs plan which costs Rs. 5 per day. But after some months they have been charging me more then 5 per day. That is they are taking Rs.5 more than one time in a day.Nowadays it has become a daily phenomenon.Sometimes they takes the cash when i am connected to the net and suddenly the connection will be disconnected and a message will show like this "connection closed by the network".And after that when i check my balance it will be reduced.They are claiming that their service is unlimited for just Rs.5 per day.
Even if the bandwidth is applicable, definitely that is not the problem.They are also taking a few paisas like 50, 30, 20, 5 when i'm browsing.This shows that they are like beggars.When i complained that in their customer care center they said that they will repay me and the problem is because of some computer failures.But i think they are crazy. They didn't repay me till this time.

Aug 31, 2007 11:50 pm EDT

I Also cheated by IDEA Cellular. They have activated my M Radio subscription without my consent and deducted Rs. 100.

N
Jul 27, 2007 4:25 am EDT

One day I receive a call from idea customer care and they explain me a new 998 plan. I have already use airtel post paid number since last 5 years. But I told him (idea customer care) that if they give me the my choice number then I will take the connection. Idea customer care also agreed with me. They told me that they provide me first five digits and I can choose last any 5 digits, but no repeat the same number 5 times. It’s ok and the same day they provide me the 99900 series and I choose the remaining last 5 digits 00009. So my whole number is now [protected]. I also confirmed with the customer care and they told me this number is available and tomorrow will activate it. So I paid the 998 amounts to the idea.

On the next day another call receive from the idea. They told me this number is paid and you should pay Rs. 500 Extra. I denied because yesterday you did not tell me about this. They told me ok we would call u after some minutes. Again another call comes from idea. Now the new story is this that the slot of this series does not open, so please choose another number. I told him, ok I will we wait for open this slot. After 2-3 hours they again call me that they have provide this number to any body so did not able to provide this number to me. I was shocked. I think the internal process of the idea company is very poor and worst.

5 days spent but they did not refund my money.

12:00 am EDT

Idea Cellular - Unwanted calls and sms!

Daily i am getting unwanted calls or sms when i am busy from company for marketing their product. I am facing the problem for last 5 months.

5 comments
May 08, 2008 5:56 am EDT

i parchase a traffi of 49rs but it can not charge in my number my number is [protected]. and not any one help me .

V
Oct 18, 2011 5:54 am EDT

hiiii...i am vaibhav iam using idea sim no but i am getting very unwanted call and sms can you please give me the solution about this...

Jun 27, 2011 7:54 am EDT

iam getting very unwanted calls in my idea cellular i want that this no should be blocked or else it will eat me up my mother also getting unwanted calls the no is43820946797 THIS NO COMES EVERYDAY AT 12 O CILOCK OR AT 1 O CLOCK IN MY MOTHERS CELL OR IN MY CELL PLZ HELP ME SIR IAM NOT GETTING THE SOLUTION

P
May 29, 2011 8:26 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dear Sir,

I am a Idea cell phone user my number is ([protected]) last three years from now
I am receiving simony unwanted phone call and massages (advertisements)
I am totally disturbed from this type of calls and sms
Please stop this kind of calls and messages.

Thanks
mobile no.[protected]
Read comments

Sep 25, 2008 2:31 am EDT

DEAR ALL, I ALWAYS HAVE A CALL ABOUT THE CALLERTUNES AND SPECIAL OFFERS.I DONT WANT ANY CALL SUCH TYPE AND I DONT WANT ANY SMS FROM IDEA ALSO.

KINDLY DONT GET ME SUCH TYPE OF THINGS TO MY MOBILE AS EVERY CALL TO MY MOBILE IS VERY IMPORTANT AND TENSION FUL.

SO, PLEASE KINDLY DONT SEND ME THAT TYPE CALLS AND SMS.

Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When i got the connection which terms and conditions for the postpaid scheme there executive tell me and write on customer agreement form all those conditions was not obeyed by idea cellular. And they sent a very high value bill for me but this amount is not as per terms and conditions. I also deposited the security amount rs 500.00. Now i got many call...

12:00 am EST

Idea Cellular - Poor customer care service

I am using a mobile phone for which IDEA is the service provider, i have been using this for past 3 years. Now a days some messages are coming for submitting the documents (address proof, photo ID) i had submitted these documents when i purchased the SIM card itself. Anyway when i went last day to again submit the documents to retailer shop none of them are accepting them saying that we need to submit them in head office, located far away. How come this is possible. The funniest part is i had seen a Idea helpline number at one of the retailer shop and called that number, and surprisingly the number is a personnel phone number of some person ... this clearly shows how the idea is taking care of customers ... forget about the customer care... it never connects...

8 comments
Nov 20, 2018 4:30 am EST

it is so expensive

Oct 28, 2018 9:33 am EDT

After submitting proper valid information and documents my nano sim is still not activated after two days... I called up at Customercare centre and came to know that my verification of documents is done and request has been cancelled... but no one bothered to inform me. My documents were authentic and valid I really don't know what went wrong.

P
Oct 23, 2018 5:33 am EDT

Dear sir /mam

i tray to contact with idea costumer care, but hi dot't response,
my active plan @349 but hi charged extra 1100+of vas service

why active this service without my permission, i tray to discuss with costumer care but hi don't pickup my call

Please solution

Nov 30, 2008 2:06 am EST

i have lost my cell phoneon tuesday 25 november, 2008 between 2:30 to 3:30 and want to disconnect my no. immediately. the no is [protected], this is request please disconnect my nuber as early as possible, so that anybody will not be able to use my cellphone...plz take the necessary and immediate action i will b highly grateful to u...

Nov 08, 2008 4:02 am EST

I have never come across such a worst customer services in my life. Fews days back i informed Idea executives that i want to disconnect my miscall alert service, i informed them before the time of activation i.e on 1 Nov. 2008 (around 12.00pm) NANCY attend my call n give me the confirmation that my miscall alert service will definatly got disconnected n no balance will be deducted.

But on the contrary on 2 Nov. 2008 (around 10.30 pm ) i received a message from their services that my this service has been renewed n balance has been deducted.
I again call to their services why this happened n SANDEEP attended my call n said due to technical problem my balance got deducted n advised me to call next morning after 10 am .

According to his advice i called them after 10 am, but these people again n again put on hold as according to them they were transferring my cal to their Sr. executive but no respond was there after been on hold for last 25 mins. These executives do'nt even bother whether their call has been picked up from their respective Sr. executive.

Lastly when i called them at nite my call got transferred to their Sr. executive KRISHANA again an incompetent executive, did not help me but promised me that by next morning i'll receive a call from their service regard the same.

Next morning i received a call n a girl promised me that my balance will be refunded within 48 Hrs but i am not refunded till now and this service of miscall alert is still on.

Helpless customer n incompetent executive of IDEA care.

Really this ### service has changed my LIFE.

V
Oct 19, 2008 3:06 am EDT

Dear sir,
my mobile in daily DP2 pack please deactivated for you.
ima very worried please any action for you.

my mobile no. [protected]

Oct 05, 2008 3:25 am EDT

I write to inquire about roaming charges. When I was in Mumbai, India, I bought an IDEA SIM ([protected]). I am back in the Philippines and I had reloaded on my Idea thru a friend. I would appreciate it very much if you can provide me information on your charges:
a) international outgoing calls
b) international incoming calls
c) international outgoing text message
d) international incoming test message
I would highly appreciate an immediate reply on my query above.

Thank you and more power.

Maureen Herber

Sep 28, 2008 11:11 pm EDT

i ve lost my cell phone today and want to disconnect my no. imm. the no is [protected], this is request to you please disconnect it asap, for that misuse of no cud not possible

Idea Cellular contacts