Resolved ICICI Money2india Servicemisleading exchange rate posted on their websites

I sent across USD10k using their power transfer service recently. At the time of money getting despoited to the receivers account, I got a mail from money2india saying money has been sent to receivers bank (which is again ICICI Bank in India). I checked the exchange rate on their website at that time and I was taken by a surprise when I noticed that there was a difference of 60ps/1USD actually posted to receivers account. I immiediately called them up on their 1-800 number and they informed me that whatever they show on their website is just indicative exchange rate and the actual rate is not available on their website. I lost almost Rs6000 in just one transaction. I do sent remittances through www.onlinesbi.com/glsus and what they show on their website is what they pay you. ICICI again proved that they can play around with cusotmers using their Marketing verbiage tactics. I would never ever use their service again.

RESOLVED

• ICICI Bank's response · Aug 21, 2009

Dear Mr. Rajashekar,

Kindly write to us at [email protected] with your Account number and contact details.

We will be glad to assist you.

• ICICI Bank's response · Aug 21, 2009

Dear Mr. Darshan,

Kindly write to us at [email protected] with your credit card number and contact details.

We will be glad to assist you.

• Fe
    Feby Abraham May 30, 2007

I Have applied for a personal loan after long persuasion from the agent saying I have preapproved loan of about 5 Lacs. But only after i said i will take the loan of a lac the call increased. The calls were to check my identity, my work place, my house, etc.

It is terrible when somebody calls me more than 4 time in the same day to check the above mentioned detail. And then one guy comes to my office to verify. That was the last straw on my back.

SANJAY CHATTERJEE Jun 01, 2007

Re: ICICI

This is a clear case of mistrust provided to me by ICICI CREDIT CARD DEPARTMENT.

My due date on my credit card 5176370148325008 was on 29.05.2007. I deposited a cheque of Rs 800 against my total outstanding of Rs 6400 on 25.05.2007 vide cheque no 138546 (ICICI-BHOWANIPUR BRANCH) .

The ICICI credit card had an minimum amount to pay of RS 330 which should have been auto debited from my account if i do not pay on 29.05.2007.

But to my horror i am finding that both Rs 800 that i deposited on 25.05.2007 as well as the auto debit amount of Rs 330 being debited from my account on 29.05.2007.(total-800+330=1130).

Subsequent call has resulted in no such rectification of my problem. I am in a loss on both end as i fail to understand why both the amount were deducted simultaneously or whether the bank deliberately want to harass customer before the due date 29.05.2007 is over.

PLS adhere to the complain seriously and rectify my problem as soon as possible.

sathish kumar.k Sep 13, 2007

IAM SATHISH IN TANJORE TAMIL NADU ICICI BANK ACCOUNT HOLDER MY A/C NO: 612801513995 want personal loan i contrect (DSA) THE EXECUTIVE SAMITED MY ALL I.T. PAPPER IAM APPLIED DATE 12.8.07 BUT NO RESPONSIBILITY PLEACE KINDLY PROCES MY FILE QUICKLY PLS

S Ahmed Sep 28, 2007

I gave my details for a credit card after immense pressure from a young man from ICICI and hence applied for a credit card, which I never got due to one 'expressit' courier who couldn't locate my house in the middle of an important road, nor my office HP Globalsoft next to their office in electronic city. That was 2 and half years back.

After a year of application I started getting SMS statements, tried having it checked with ICICI personal via the helpline and in person, with no avail. I was shrugged off as I didn't have the whole credit card number but just the last 4 digits from the sms statement. After 2 years I got a statement for the month of august in my office mailroom, with all my details. On trying to clarify all these I couldn't get anywhere.

Again I have had several debits from my ICICI savings account which went to the card which I never received and messed up my loan payments. Today I am at my wits end with continuous harassment from ICICI goons.

I have no other way to solve this issue then to commit some heinous crime or to depend on the country's law. I just hope and pray that no ICICI folks come in my way... ever!!

• Pl
    Plaban ghosh Sep 29, 2007

why my sb a/c is treated as NRI status .why it is blocked.why minimum amt is not transferred to c-card

• Sh
    Shilpa Nov 14, 2007

It is very sad to tell that inspite of (Anwar Mohd Khan
    Customer Service Manager ICICI Bank Limited) taking up my complaint and trying to resolve it, i received call again today(14th Nov 2007) from ICICI credit card division that i need to make the payments. I told the lady who was talking to me that i don't have credit card and had login the complaint previously, she said its not reflecting in their system. I really don't understand how things are done at their branch.

Its very disappointing to write such mail , but i have no other choice.
    If this is the treatment to a person who doesn't have a credit card, i can imagine the plight of the person who owns it. Because of behavior I would in fact tell my friends not to go for ICICI credit cards.

To maintain that good will and gesture I request the concerned authorities to look at my problem and take some action to solve this issue.

Shilpa

Maisuria Rakesh Ramanlal Dec 20, 2007

Hi,

I am rakesh maisuria , working with niko resources under contract of
    OCS. Salary Account purpose icici bank come to our company, i had
    provide
    proper document which required to open icici bank account including my
    Passport copy.

When i came to know that my bank account it activated and i am getting
    my salary properly i notice that my name is not proper in Bank Account
    so i requrest icici bank to make it proper. it was all most two month
    past but no one had replied me properly and no one had give me proper
    way even though i had followed all the possible ways guided from
    icicibank, at the end i am frosted. all though i had not done any
    mistake from
    my side i had supply proper document to icici bank, but it was mistake
    from icicibank that they put my incorrect name in account.

Rakesh Maisuria
    Niko Resources Ltd.
    Mobile : 9427586186

sandeep gopinath chavan Jan 08, 2008

i submitted my documents to icicbank for the loan purpose .they ask for the credit card detail which was provided by me to them.Then the decline my loan proposal .Adivisor of icici bank took the photocopy of my credit card.After two days ther was online transcation for rupees four thousand on my credit card.I am very much sure that this is done my Icicbank people itself.becuse i am the only user of my credit card .This thing are happening becuse of poor mangement of icic bank to provide customer security.

• Gg
    G.GANAPATHY SUBRAMANIAN Feb 22, 2008

This is to bring to your notice that your legal department sent a heart breaking notice asking me to pay Rs.28,285.24 ( CREDIT CARD NO 4477460605213000).

First of all I informed your recovery people who comes home and people who calls regularly, that the was cut and sent back to your Mumbai office the moment I received the card. The card was misused by theft and sending me statement to pay the amout. How is it possible? While the purchase is made the charge slip is to be signed by the card holder. You have not given any copy of the merchandose copy. You can always verify the signature with my signature on my application.

You people regularly come and disturb my wife while I was away, in fact she was threatened when she wa alone. I cant understand these rediculous things. You people should have system to detect the fruadlent card user. For somebody's misuse you have ruined my life and send notice. When the card is not in my pocession, how the card is being used? Is it staff in your department has misused? It came in paper two years back that people working in ICICI credit card section are detecting cancelled card and misuse the card. Why not I be one of the victims?

Further, your sales guys are really tourchering call every now and then asking us to apply for credit card. You cant force people to do the same. Actually one Mr. MAHA SIMAN ( 9841899769) ICICI REPRESENTATIVE approached me to apply for the card for his sales target and once the card issued it can be torne and sent back. I did the same. For doing the favour I was put in a soup. I suspect this guy also who would have misused.

The notice sent by AADRASH LAW FIRM REF:11053 dated 14 Feb 2008.

You sort out this problem and see that I am not penalised. I am true that I dont have pocession of any ICICI credit card and the credit card was not used even a naya paise.

Pls look into my mater and expecting a favourble reply soon.

G.GANAPATHY SUBRAMANIAN

• Te
    tejpal singh tanwar Feb 26, 2008

I was credit card holder of icici bank in 2004 . I setteled the my account with credit card division and pay as per settlement but my salary account was blocked by credit card div. due to non-payment of credit card payment as per credit card division .i have pay so many auto debit but still issue pending .so many communication with customer care on mail still case is pending ,Due to this i am facing lot of problems.

• So
    sonu kapoor Apr 10, 2008

sir i am a business man mera tent house ka business hai i am from bhopal mp. sir main icici bank 2 wheeler loan mela ke liye tent light, ground, guard, sub ka arrangrment karta tha sie ye work main 3 years ke kar raha hu jiska mujhe payment bhe mil jata tha par sir last year mere bills jinka amount 2.75lakhs abhi tak nahi mil paya is ke regarding main puri koshish bhe kae le sir six months se main icici customer care par mail bhe kar raha hu unhone kafi baar mere mail ka jawab bhe diya ke aap ka case process main hai sir last time mujhe kuch days before mumbao se call bhe aya ke aap ka payment 45 days main ho jayega aur mujh se mera pen no bhe le liya sir 21st of march ko 45 days complete ho gaye par koi payment nahi mila sir main last 3 days se icici bank ke customer care site par mail kar raha hu par koi reply nahi aa raha meri firm ka name kapoor tent house hai sir mujhe bataya ke main kya karu. thanking u sonu kapoor my mobile no is 09300060735 hai

• Su
    Suresh Patel May 09, 2008

Dear sirs,
    We have been allted Bussiness card bearing the No.4132 8975 1137 8004 during the month of july 07.However we have never utilised that card for any purpose.On 7th of may 08 at 10.20am we recieved telehonic massage about ATM withdrawl of Rs1500/- each on 20th and 28th March 08.
    there seems to be a mistake or any other person has commited the fraud. which is not our responsibility.

• Su
    Suresh Patel May 09, 2008

We are not satisfied with the service of ICICI Bank.

• Ne
    neelam kapoor Jun 07, 2008

Dear Sir,
    I am having saving a/c 072104000014474with IDBI bank court road Amritsar and using ATM card No.4214 2607 2452 0444. Today I withdrew Rs.10000(4000-4000-2000)from ATM of iCICI bank Hall Bazar Asr as the ATM of IDBI was not working. But the ATM of ICICI was also notworking properly and jumping.Resulting my account has been debited with Rs.12ooo(4000-4000-2000-2000). As such you are requested to please refund the execess amount of Rs.2000 debite d in my IDBI account and credit the same in my account.072104000014474 with them.

Thanks

RAGP Branch, Ohio Tower
    Maskhowa, Ghy-01.

Subject : Non receipt of credit card

Dear Sir,

I would like to inform you that I have applied for credit card on 11th June’2007 through a sales executive of your bank named Mr. Anup. Unfortunately I have not received my credit card. But on 17th September 2007 I had received a call from Kolkatta regarding dues against my unused & non receivable card.

You are requested to kindly take some necessary steps against this issue as your phone calls are hampered in my usual duties.

With regards

Jayanta Thakuria

• Ri
    rijesh Jul 15, 2008

Following the sad demise of my father Mr.Rajan P.V on october 2007, i had closed his car load amount of around one lack thirty thousand at the Calicut main branch of icici bank on april 29, 2008 through a single payment. The branch manager had told that the relevant car papers will be send within two weeks. Till now it has not been delivered. If i call up they behave indifferently. Without those papers it is difficult to take car out or update the insurance papers. I have never seen such a screwing bank in my life. In paper so many complaints have appeared at times.

• Vi
    Vivek Gera Aug 13, 2008

I have got credit card and on one txn they have built in EMI for 18 months. Now I want to foreclose the same, Bank is asking for advance interest for next month along with Foreclosure charges. As per me Foreclosure charges are ok but I raised dispute on paying advance interest. Actually they are asking for interest till next month If I foreclose the same today.

Vivek.

• Mo
    MOHAMMED SADIQ KHAN Aug 19, 2008

D/Sirs, I am a NRE account holder in the ICICI Bank of India. Without informing me they have deducted the amount being low balance amount as per their rules but they never informed me or any customer in Saudia that the min balance from 10000/- rupees increased to 15000/- rupees. If they increased this they should inform the customer. It shows, they can deduct any amount balanced with them without informing to the customer. How you believe a bank?

• Da
    Darshan Sep 21, 2008

In my case I added mandatory holder to ICICI and submitted all the papers. I returned to US after that thinking that everything is alright but I realised that they lost all my documents. Fortunately, I had all copies but it didn't work. I had to redo all the procedure during my next visit to India. Tremendous Inconveniecy.

Above all, ICICI operated my account and cut the charges without informing me any policy change. The customer service is so rude and executives are immature young kids. They know nothing. I am closing my account in a week. That's it. No more relationship with ICICI.

I suggest that NO NRI should open account with ICICI. They are short of fraud. I am also filing complaint agains them to RBI in Bank Ombudsman. Everyone should also do it.
    reply edit reblog flag record video comment

• Ni
    Nilesh K Desai Oct 24, 2008

I was been send a Platinium American express credit card even though i had not applied for it. And a charge of Rs.10000+2000 was deducted from my credit card without my knowledge.I immediately cancelled the card but the charge is not yet reversed to my account. I kindly request to reverse the amount as early as possible.

• Ni
    nitin Feb 17, 2009

hi Ahmed, even i have been cheated by the same bank related to credit cards. i think now its time to join hands and protest against those people... i hope this statement makes sense as one individual cant prove anything against an organization but if we are united we can.

i have been asking fro settlement from the bank from more than a year now but my request is never heard and i am being charged interest every month when i have not used the card for more than 18 months.

i hope some one will stand up with me to help me as i am not very sure of what to do now

• Ra
    rajesh babu.m Feb 19, 2009

i m rajesh, i m working in total mall in madiwala .my mobile number has been changed
    previous no:9741418638
    New no:9632502677
    any quoiry, please transfer to the NEW MOBILE NUMBER.
    And one more thing i NEED to tell u that my card Just opened like stickers can i replece that card (debit card)
    send me a mail to, ( EMIAL ID: [email protected])

• Ro
    Robert May 01, 2009

I had raised one request to open an FD of Rs 48500 on 11th april 09. On 13th april i found that Rs 97000 had been deducted from my account. (i.e. that's exactly the double of what i'd originally requested for.) ICICI (The fraudsters) has deducted 97000 and my account shows only one FD for 48500. That's how this bank cheats it's customers and when i sent a couple of mails to customer care no one has responded. I tried calling the customer care number but no response. This is a cheat bank and one should stay away from it until unless one likes to invite trouble.Another bad experience I'd a couple of weeks back is that despite paying the full credit card bill the minimum amount due was deducted from my account. This bank is really a fraud bank. If some one has any contact of any consumer court please let me know. I'm in desperate need to get in touch with them to resolve my issues. I've had enough of this fraud bank and i consumer court's help to resolve my issues.

nodalofficer May 04, 2009

Dear Sir,

Please write to us at [email protected] with your account number and contact details. Please use subject line as ’’Comments from Site’’.

Sincerely,

Nodal Officer

nodalofficer May 13, 2009

Dear Mr. Robby,

Kindly write to us at [email protected] with ‘Customer Service issue – account’ as the subject line. Request you to provide the relevant details of your account along with your full name and contact details.

We will be happy to help you.

• Pr
    Pradeep Rajashekar Aug 17, 2009

Hi,
    I am Pradeep R. I hold ICICI savings account from about 6 years. I dont currently own any Credit cards though. Recently, there was an unknown transaction which emptied my account (about 12, 000). When I checked with the customer care, I was told that its a credit card payment. I was told that there is a credit card issued on my name from May, 2007 which I am not aware of and that card has balance transfer done from different other cards which add upto a sum of 85, 000. I was then asked to visit the credit card collections office in Hosur road, bangalore, the person there was very rude and he blamed me to be lying and it is me who has made the payment to the credit card that tells me that the card belongs to me!! The customer care confirmed that the name and D.O.B on the credit card match with mine, there are other details which dont. Now there is a card issued on my name from 2007 being used by some guy which I am totally not aware of. Currently I have raised a SR to check back on this. Any help is appreciated in this matter.

Pradeep

• Da
    darshan1903 Aug 17, 2009

As per the massages given by you people, My reward points transpofered to Imint Card, Unfourtunataly, i have not received the said card.
    Please do the need ful.

• Ab
    Abbas Ali Ghariyali Sep 29, 2009

Hi,

I initiated online fund transfer thru ICICI Money2India on 23-sep-09. The exchange rate shown that day was 33.84 but local bank fund transaction could happened on 26-Sep-09. Finally, money credited in local india a/c due to holiday in India, latest 29-Sep-09 but rexchange rate given was much lower (1SG=33.44Rs) which is much lower . The exchange rate was never went down 33.54 during this time. Even today it shows 33.54
    Conclusion, you won't get what they show on the website that's for sure.

[email protected]

• Ic
    icici_hater Oct 06, 2009

Please remember one BIG equestion.

Using “ICICI mone2india” service = Loosing a lot of money in exchange rate which you would never imagine!!

Yes, this is true, I did exact amount and exact date transactions through ICICI bank and SBI online. Both were done on OCT 5th 2009.

I’d been checking my rate all the times on Monday ON THEIR WEBSITE and I never seen the rate on their website lower than what was given to me!!! AS OTHERS MENTIONED, ACCORDING TO ICICI, THAT ARE INDICATIVE RATE!! MEANING ICICI CAN PLAY A GAME ON THIS!!!

Comparing SBI and ICICI, I got 18ps/1USD more in SBI than ICICI. Imagine if you have to transfer 60 to 70K, just by using ICICI you would loose 10200 Rs to 12600Rs in just one single transaction which is equivalent to 230 TO 265 USD (roughly).

Thus, I prove my above equation. If you still want to use it you will get the same result as this equation will never change. As ICIci_loser mentioned above, talking to icici 800 # or talking to any of ICICI representative, you will never get proof from ICICI that the rate you got at the time and date is the right rate. They will talk about the whole world but never get to the point and prove the rate is right.

• Bc
    bcde23 Oct 23, 2009

ICICI money2inida in a biggest scam.
    They try to advertise there is no transefer fee.
    Rather they could say that they charge this much fee and upfront and get the exact transaction rate.
    The transfer initiator would always look for the best rate and hence initiate the transfer on the day the rate is good.
    But these folks will say it will reach in 3 businees days. but when we ask it will take 5 to 8 business days to transfer the funds and they will giv ethe prevailing rate which we never know. If the rate increases from the date the transaction is initiated we ar elucky, otherwise you are giving a good business for them.
    If the amount is small nither way it is a big concern, but if the amount is big, then it's annoying their answer is.
    Sometiems it takes more than 8 days to reach the money.

Good luck Loosing less money .

chandrasekaran Oct 24, 2009

Dear Sir

i am icici bank customer past 14 year. till date no cheq was rejected in my account. bank debited for rs.387.00 my account month oct2009. my account no is.005601027646 i request many time till date date not reversed the cheq rejected charges on my account. as per bank rule any cheq rejected only changes to be debited.
    this is very worest treatment for customer. if you not reversed i filed court

Regards
    Chandrashekar.A
    Puducherry-14

Sajid Ikram Oct 26, 2009

I started using ICICI as this is our nation’s bank and if they get profit ultimately you are contributing to Indian economy.

I have been using ICICI Money2India since long time but I mostly lost my money when the actual transfer has taken place. They credit amount to their bank in UK in one day but take three to four days to transfer it in the ICICI account in India. In every big transaction I lost money which is lot if I calculate for whole year.

I am now using UAE exchange they charge certain amount per thousand pounds but still beneficial as when you actually make transaction they convert you pound into the rupees and you are aware how much money is going to credit to your account and this transaction takes only one day. They are very quick and reliable.

Now all my friends started sending money back home by UAE exchange. ICICI has to take some step to keep its service users intact. I am still using ICICI transfer for small amount so I don’t need to pay to UAE exchange the transaction cost.

Manoj Raman Thampi Oct 27, 2009

From my experience ICICI bank is the most UNTRUSTWORTHY bank in the world. Even for the domestic transaction they do lots of fraudulent activities, specially in the savings bank account. I had this experience wherein one of their bank managers has forged my signature in a check i have issued against my credit card payment. I have filed a Criminal complaint against the bank and the court proceedings are on. Even worse the proceedings started almost 6 months back and there hasn't been any representation from the bank's side in the court.

This itself proves that these guys are a bunch of crooks. Shylock is any day better.. I bet. The way they are operation, very soon India will see a devastating tragedy in the Indian private banking sector.

• Vi
    vibhash jha Oct 31, 2009

ICICI bank is really a criminal bank!
    They have cut the same amount of 900 twice. It's not a small amount but a substantial percentage of my saving ! As far as i correctly remember, my account was zero balance or atleast a 5k for last four years and not a single rupee has been cut unnecessarily when i was there in country. If they have revised their policy, customers deserve to be notified at least! They have no right to cut a single penny without my authorization! If they have some charges on my name, ideally they should notify me first and get my authorization. If i don't comply, they can drag me to court but cannot touch MY ACCOUNT without my authorization! I am not in country so can't do anything other than watching helplessly my saving getting diminished day by day!
    If we can unite and can file a group consumer court complaint against this dacoit bank, this will be great!
    Can anyone advice how to seriously take up this matter and also penalize the bank for creating psychological trauma.

chitty23 Nov 26, 2009

very very true.. ICICI plays cheap tricks to get money

chitty23 Nov 26, 2009

very very true.. ICICI has done the same to me also

• As
    Ashwin jogi Dec 03, 2009

Sir,

I am holding saving account of icici bank from last 9 months.

I have applied for the internet banking password the bank have also provided me the same.

Now i forget my password and applied once again and they are now saying that my date of birth does not match with there record.

If that will be the case then how they gave me the password earlier.

Now the customer care executive is saying that i have to visit tbe branch to get the password and to correct the date of birth.

This is not expected form the bank like this.

Regards
    Ashwin Jogi

• Dr
    DRLALIT Dec 09, 2009

IN THE MONTH OF JAN I HAD TO DEPOSIT AN AMT OF 15075RS TO THE BANK .I DID NOT KNOW THE EXACT AMT, I WENT TO SHIVAJINAGAR BRANCH WHERE THEY LEAST BOTHERED TO HELP ME AND DIRECTED ME TO THE ATM IT WAS EVENING TIME SO THE MACHINE WS OVER CROUDED, I LEFT THE PLACE ONLY TO HAVE A SCID MY BIKE AND TAMPER MY ATM CARD.I CAME BACK TO THE BANK AND DEPOSITED 15000RS AND ALSO APPLIED FOR A NEW CARD.THEREBY FROM THAT DAY I DID NOT RECEIVE MY CARD BUT MY 75 RS WEAR BEING ADDIED TO ERRERS AND TILL DATE I RECIVE CALLS FROM THE BANK STATING PAY YOUR DUES NO BODY HAS BOTHERED ABOUT MY QUERY.

chitty23 Dec 11, 2009

This happened to me as well. I have transferred $24, 396 via MoneyToIndia transfer on Nov 25th .Amt got credited to my a/c on Nov 26th. at conversion rate of Rs. 45.87, instead of the advertised rate of Rs. 46.17130 on the website. I lost Rs: 7325.515 (after deducting other charges), due to this discrepancy. I have been trying to get a solution for these.. Horrible ICICI customer service people gives me "standard cut and paste reply, without even reading the details of my problems.
    This has happned previously too. I am trying to open my NRI a/c with another bank and also asking all my frineds to consider other banks for their banking needs

• Kr
    Krith Feb 11, 2010

I am running a personal loan with icici bank since december 2006 and it was taken for the tenure of 48 monts.( 4 years).

And as of today, there is no dues and bank is threatening me directly and indirectly to clear the loan, all of a sudden.

ICICI Bank has breached all the banking ethics for no reason.

Customers do know that ICICI Bank is behavining like a MAFIA.

It is better to be called ' MAFIA 'Bank than ICICI Bank.