Hyundaiservice warranty

T

We had a fully covered warranted item go defective. When brought in to the service dept. it was apparent that there was an incentive to shift the defective item as owner fault. this did happen and we were forced to pay the service bill. There was absolutely no understanding on our behalf. As soon as this bill was paid our attempts to relook this infraction were handled as if we were second class citizens. I will never deal with Hyundai again. The 10 year 100, 00 mile warranty is just a sales gimmick . Hyundai has a long way to go with customer loyalty.

• Re
    Reviewer49258 Sep 22, 2015

went to look for a Hyundai ix35 for my parents, I specifically made it clear to Tanya that I didn't want residual because that's something my parents didn't want, Tanya agreed, we then decided to change from a manual to an Automatic and the installment increased by a R200 from R5.500 no residual mentioned I even asked her if anything has changed other than the installment and she said no. Now today she went to deliver the vehicle in East London and she is telling my parents about residual which we never discussed. I'm so disappointed and heartbroken how could she take advantage of me and my parents like that. Why didn't she disclose everything, she waits till they travel all the way from Lusikisiki and she knows they really want the car. Wow Hyundai if this is how your sale's people work it's very unfair. My parents never budgeted for the money they are expected to pay now. Never and ever again. This just ruined my day.

• Se
    Serve well Jul 26, 2015

Hyundai ignore my complaints. On the phone my call was terminated. I am still waiting for a $1000 voucher that was promoted during a weekend I bought my new car. They are refusing to give this to me.

mandrty Jun 03, 2015

I bought I20 on the 07/04/2017 at Wonderboom in Pretoria, i requested to see what was done servicing the car 5 check and they refused saying office is locked i cant see the file, knowing car was'nt serviced because it had strange sound, i took it back and i was told its BRACKES AND I WAS TOLD I HAVE TO PAY R600.I dont think its fair i only have 1 month driving the car and brakes were supposed to be done before selling the car to me when servicing the car, I am not happy with their service

• Tk
    tkrugel Jan 29, 2015

Unsatisfactory service by hyundai centurion on 2/1/15 i've booked my vehicle (hyundai i10 1.25 gls - reg nr br80zvgp with hyundai centurion for 29/1/15 and was assisted by thembi. i've arranged with hyundai centurion that i will bring in my vehicle on 28/1/15 before 17h00 (closing time) in order for the vehicle to be there early the next morning and also because i could not bring it in the next morning due to work commitments. i was phoned at 14h47 by phillip from hyundai centurion to indicate that they are almost finish with my vehicle and he asked if they can replace the window wipers at a cost of r 374.00. i've indicated that i have a full maintenance plan and that should be replaced under the plan. hyundai centurion did not even asked if i had a maintenance plan when i booked the vehicle in or they did not even checked the system before phoning me to ask to replace something. when arriving at hyundai centurion at 16h00, i was shocked when i enter the reception and a picture of 3 ladies catch my eye that was busy looking at jewellery. is that not suppose to be done after hours or maybe in lunch time. i for sure don't think that this should be done when clients is walking in and out the whole time. the 2 ladies from hyundai centurion did not even bother to look up, stop with what looking at jewellery and asked if they can assist. my vehicle was also not ready when i arrived there at 16h00. they could not find the folder with my invoice and vehicle documents. we mentioned that with the last service my car was very filthy and asked that they should at least see that the vehicle is clean when i receive it back, this was not done when i arrive to pick it up. we asked that the wipers been replaced. only the front wipers was done and not the back one. 3 boxes was given to me, 2 with the front wipers and 1 with the new back wipers that was in pieces and not installed on my vehicle. when my husband asked for the service manager, he could not be found in the whole of hyundai centurion branch. just before leaving he went back to get a number for hyundai south africa and the service manager was in his office. when my husband walk in, the manager was very arrogant and did not even apologize. my husband phone hyundai centurion again when arrived at home to inform them about the wipers and phillip the service consultant asked if my husband can install the wipers and my husband said that he will not because if something went wrong we will get the blame and he also again said that he is not satisfied with the service. the service manager ian could again not get hold of or answer the telephone call to deal with a non satisfied customer. this will ensure that i will never buy a hyundai again and for sure not from hyundai centurion. another retailer to boikot !!!

• Gx
    gxabhashe Jan 18, 2015

We bought a car in september 2017 even now its no t licenced and the garage the dealer is not doing enough to assist. The permit expired in december xolani refused to deliver a permit to where we stay decided to live it our relatives in johannesburg, we couldn't use a car because the car was not licenced. We came back from home in january the very same permit that never been used has expired.
    Unfortunately this has coursed a very serious inconvenience to our life we are even exposed to life risk situations. This week wife has to use public transport to go to work, we had to pay someone to take our family back to kzn, crenisha, sydney and clinton are aware and involve but not helping us as a client. After talking to clinton pilay as a manager of the garage he promised that he will send a driver to drop a temporal permit to our address on saturday before 10 am, to our surprise xolani called us at 9:30 telling us he is not going to do that and he don't care whether is clinton who said that, he has other things to do. We needed to take our kids to kzn schools are opening on wednesday. Why do we have to suffer for the service that we have paid for. Please assist

• Ra
    Randhir singh gill Nov 19, 2014

hi sir/madam
    i have brought new hyundai verna PB 29 H 7195. 2017. Clutch plates got damaged within 8000kms. this car has 2 year warantty and no one listening my complaint. i want my car clutch plates repaired under this warranty . but they are refusing me for this i have make many requests. i am doing so from 4 days. Moreover this is very bad for hyundai company that clutch plates damaged just with in 8000 kms.

• Ta
    Tamsyn Oct 10, 2013

After visiting many dealers and test driving a number of vehicles I decided upon the Hyundai Accent GLS as my first car purchase ever. The deal was signed at Hyundai Boksburg. When I went to take delivery of the car I immediately noticed a chip on the passenger front door. I was already disappointed as it was meant to be a branch new car with no scratches or chips. I was told I could bring it back the following week to have it fixed. Less than a week of having the vehicle I noticed the wheel alignment was out and the front bumper and bonnet were dented and misaligned. It seemed as if some one has sat on the vehicle as that is the only way to describe the damage. All this was noted to the Sales Man and also shown over and over when I returned the vehicle for the chip repair. When I was called to collect the car again I went back only to find that the entire door was sprayed however the colour was different and their were paint runs along the bottom of the door. The bonnet and bumper are still not as they should be. We also went to have the wheel alignment checked with the sales man and it was under towing. I cannot understand this. The PDI on the vehicle was done in May 2017 and i bought the car on the 19 September. I refused to accept the vehicle in this condition. I was then told again that the car is ready and sent someone else to inspect the car as I could not go yet again. He was told that the door was replaced to fix the paint job. I was horrified. This is not what I was told on the phone as they said the door would be buffed and glazed etc. The door was replaced with no go ahead from me and also there is not one job card opened to show any of the above. I was told that there were no notes on the file stating there were issues with the bonnet area. I have requested a new vehicle or the deal be cancelled however the dealer principle is adamant that neither will be done. So since I am a woman and an obvious target for them I believe that I have been sold a vehicle that was damaged on their lot perhaps and this was an attempt to just get rid of the car. To me I am driving a demo vehicle and I will never accept that this is how a new vehicle should be delivered to a customer. One of the reasons I bought a Hyundai is that my entire family drive them and I would of perhaps traded it is on another model. I have lost all faith in the company and their total disregard for me as a customer. Even in their correspondence to either me or the finance house they have tried to make it a personal attack and not admit to the facts. I was told by their Customer care division that them not opening or having a job card for the repairs is grounds enough for me to lay a complaint with the Motor Industry Ombusdman. But even they then are not willing to pursue the matter as they cannot over rule the dealer principle. Its simplt ridiculous.

• Th
    thompsonce Jun 27, 2013

I have a 2017 Hyundai with 12100 miles I bought it at Bentley's Hyundai in Huntsville tried to get simple stereo fixed couldn't do it, tire light kept coming on the answer to that over fill the tire, now the cruse control releases on it's own called Hyundai direct they said they didn't know if the warranty covered it or not. What happen to the 10 year or 100, 000 miles?

• Ca
    Camille W May 01, 2012

I took my Hyundai Sonata in for a recall to repair a faulty door handle. The service was performed and here I am a couple of years later with the exact same problem. I got in my car the other day and cut my hand yet again. I took it back to Pohanka Hyundai and they made a decision not to replace it again at no cost and that I would have to pay $125.00 even though they used another faulty part in the recall. I am very dissatisfied and will never buy another Hyundai or have my vehicle serviced there ever again.

• Sh
    sharksfan Jan 17, 2012

Went into Hyundai to purchase a vehicle. Service was excellent, found the vehicle which we liked. Got a quotation on a colour but decided we wanted a different colour. We asked for a specific colour which is in the brochure. I f they could not get it we opted for another colour in the brochure. Our finance w as approved, when we advised the agent we told that the two colours we have requested are not readily available. We have tried everywhere to no avail. We can get white and silver with no problem. We then opted for another colour which is available in another city. We were told that they would transfer our finace to them and we would have to go there to fetch our vehicle and leave the trade in there. Surely the sale should be completed where the original deal was done, and the vehicle delivered to them. They are also not sure if we will get the same trade in as they offered us.

• Cs
    csileliis Dec 20, 2011

I have had the following problems with my vehicle. Please note I have only had my vehicle a year.

- New starter to be replaced (electrical problem) - please take note that my car would not start at all and had to be towed to the dealership in Springfield;
    - The crank shaft had to be replaced.
    - The alarm had to be replaced.
    - The valves had to be replaced in the engine.
    - The engine had to be remounted.
    - The aircon compressor had to be replaced (still waiting for the part to be ordered - been waiting since 8 December 2017)

I lodged a complaint - I wanted acknowledgment that I had purchased a faulty vehicle and reimbursement for the stress and inconvience that I have suffered. As not only do I have to book the vehicle in each time something breaks but then I have to wait weeks for the part to arrive.

After several phone calls to the complaints dept I managed to speak to the supervisor - Max Germani (7/12/11) and was told the following "you are on a wild goose chase, its your bad luck that you have a faulty vehicle thats what the warranty is for"

If that is Hyundai's service - I do not want a Hyundai vehicle!!

• Na
    Naresh Kumar Chopra Oct 15, 2011

I am also suffrer on this count. As my corporate discount is also not settled by the company. It is the tendency on the party of the company to delay such discount which they offers in the advertisement to lure the customer.
    My particulars of car purhcased are as under:
    1. V.I.N No.805521 2. date of Purchase of car 21.3.2017
    3. Car Regd.No.PB 05 -S 2990
    4. Dealer : Deotsidh Hyundai Motors Pvt. Ltd, Ludhiana

• Ar
    ardnam Oct 11, 2011

This a email I sent to Hyundai today:
    I have owned 3 Hyundais and have test driven the Tucson and was looking to buy until now. I had under 50, 000 miles on my 2017 Sonata when I called Lester Glenn in Toms River to check a trans problem. They set up an appointment and I brought the car in only to find when I sat down with the service writer, there would be a 100.00 charge to look at the car. They looked at the car an didn't find anyting wrong. They suggested that resetting the computor part that controlls my driving may help, so they did that, never hear of this on any car I owned before. They told me to drive it a while and see how this helps. That was 2/2017
    I just called back last week only to find that I would have to pay another 100.00 for them to look at it again for the same problem because it was still not shifting right. I talked to the service manager and she told me she couldn't do anything for me if I didn't pay again for something that was fixed in the first place. What happen to you ad for 100, 000 coverage...Not even 50, 000 miles. She asked why I waited this long to bring it back. I told her I was told to drive it for a while

• Gu
    gulshan kumar joshi Jun 13, 2011

41 days lapsed since the complaint was made but no response, neither from the company nor from the dealer

• Un
    Unhappy accent owner May 28, 2011

This is the 2nd time in 3 years that we have had to replace the fuel vapor canister assembly. $500.00 every 3 years is to much to have to pay to be able to put gas in the car. You can't gas the car because this canister cuts the gas pump off. The first time the dealer said it was because we topped off the gas and caused the damage. We only pump until the gas pump clicks off, that is not capping off . THIS IS A DEFECT IN THE CAR.

• Gu
    gulshan kumar joshi May 02, 2011

Sir, I purchased i10 car on 30/12/2017 and it was promised by the dealer kosmo hyundai, jalndhar, punjab (india) that a corporate discount of rs.4000/- will be delivered to you as soon as it was received from the company. but till date dealer has not passed on my corporate discount of rs.4000/- to me.
    Sir, myself gulshan kumar joshi a state bank of india emplyoee posted as dy. manager, rbo jalandhar. I have submitted the copy of rc, insurance, identity card twice to sh. rakesh kumar an emplyoee in the showroom. it was only verbal commitment by the dealer. kindly resolve my complaint and instruct the dealer not to make false promises to customers as it fetch a bad reputation to company. my contact no. is [protected] and email address is gulshan. [email protected]

• Li
    Lioppa Mar 25, 2011

I have bought a Hyundai H200 Bakkie. The day when I bought it, I ask for a air con they have put it in I have payee for it. but since that day my air con is not working. Every time when I go back asking them about the problem they say I must take to the installers of the air con I took it several times to them then the aircaon is working for a day en then its not then I take it to Hyundai again then they stall it pull up there shoulders and do nothing at the last service I spoke to the manager and he said it is know almost 2 years why do I carry on with this problem know you can imagine and he do nothing about it.

Am going to carte blance with this because, I’m sure I’m not the only customer complaining about bad service of Hyundai. If they took my money I did not received what i pay for then it is theft. I want to sort out this problem before 28/12/09.

• 4h
    4 Hyundai's and not happy Mar 16, 2011

I own 4 Hyundai's and love the vehicles. However, if you need service from the dealership, you will be extremely unhappy. I have several examples like the dealer telling my wife that we needed 120.00 of maintainance when we had 3, 000 miles on the car. Our 2017 Sonata has a transmission problem of course they want to argue with me and tell me the transmission oil need to be changed for 200.00. The problem has existed since the car was new. The wheel bearing is loose on our 2017 Elantra, they say it doesn't make noise so there is nothing wrong with it. I have never taken any of my 4 Hyundai's in for warranty work where the service department did not argue with me. I cannot find, and I have tried 3 different dealers, a decent Hyundai dealer. So, when you buy a Hyundai do not expect any service without an argument.

• Mu
    Mubarak Feb 21, 2011

I took my car for it's first service (15000 km). on 10 May 2017. When I got home I realised that my front tryes were swapped for old one's. This morining I when to the dealership and the service manager told me go to the police and lay charges against Hyundai. My habit of taking it to the car wash to get it clean and polished helped to see that my tryes were swapped. I consider myself a careful driver and I always inspects my car at all time. I don't know how Hyundai became 2017 soccer world cup spoonsor it they ***** from their customers and put them in danger.

• Sc
    screwed in st pete Feb 18, 2011

I agree! These people are a bunch of low life [censor]!

• Gm
    gmatt Feb 14, 2011

I totally agtee their warranty is a joke. I have a 2017 genesis coupe and 5 times I haven't been able to get it started. I thought it was the battery, but the last time I had just driven it 60 miles and shut it off for two minutes and it would not start. Since I was 20 miles from any town I had it jumped and it started. When I took it to the Hyundai dealership they said there was nothing wrong. The bluetooth isn't useable. Everytime I call someone I have to yell and they still can't hear me. The gas mileage isn't even close to what they claim. The speedometer is off by 3 mph and they won't even look at it unless it is off 5. When I took this into the dealership they wouldn't fix any of it. I believe the electronics is defective and they refuse to address it. I'll never buy another Hyundai!!

JoepsF Jan 31, 2011

I took my car to the Centurion Branch of Hyundai South Africa at 09H00 on the specific day. My car's left CV joint makes a noise and this is becoming more severe the longer you drive with it.
    At first the Workshop Foreman was not available to attend to my problem due to other activities he needed to attend to and they advise me to return at 14H00.
    I work outside South Africa therefore my time is quite limited when I am here and because of this I took it to another company who specializes in CV Joint repairs in Centurion. They advised me that the left CV joint needs to be replaced.
    The Workshop Foreman was available at Hyundai Centurion when I arrived there at 15H30 and he advised me to book the car for a diagnoses test which I did, first available slot was only 2 days later. At this test they came with a quote to me for replacement of the boot kits left and right CV joints. On my request that this needs to be done under guarantee (my car is at 108 000km and a 2017 model) they took my service log book only to return to tell me that the CV joint will be covered but not the kits.
    My logic tells me that they would have changed the kits with a new CV joint in any case but it is now only to get paid for the kits and maybe then when it is not fixed then do the CV joint afterwards. The professional diagnoses received from Hyundai lacks also the other professional diagnoses made.
    This first of all resulted in loosing the trust for Hyundai and secondly the questionable reason behind why not replacing the CV Joint right away.

• Sh
    shruti_chaudhary Jan 21, 2011

Dear Sir,

I booked an i10 2017 model at Sunrise, Patparganj in the name of Shruti Chaudhary(self) few days ago. I had also given the booking amount of Rs5000 to the dealer but now my husband is relocating to Mumbai as he has joined a new company at Mantralaya, Nariman Point so I wanted to cancel the purchase. The supervisor at the dealer ship refused to re-imburse the full amount and charged Rs 3000 as the cancellation fee. Moreover, the way he behaved was not appropriate. He was very rude and ignorant towards what we were saying. We are very disappointed with the code of conduct people at Hyundai carry. Hyundai is one of the leading car manufacturers and these kind of behavior is not expected from them.
    Please let me know if every dealership of Hyundai follow the same rule of cancellation, is it a company policy? If yes, then why is Hyundai only charging on cancellation whereas companies like Maruti, Honda don't charge at all.

Waiting for your kind response,
    Shruti Chaudhary

• Gr
    Greg L Nov 22, 2010

Bought a Hyundai 2017 Santa Fe. on June30 2017.This was a company rep's car with 12000 miles, but it was sold as new. I thought that all the bug's would be out of it since a rep. was driving it, how wrong I was. A week after we got it, I knew that there was something wrong.Had it in for the transmission 3 time's and then on 10/11/2017 they had to change the engine.After 2 weeks I got the car back. It now has a short block and used head's. This is not what I paid for.I paid for new not used.Hyundai say's T.S. They keep their repair record's off the book's since they do not give you paper work every time you take it in or they give you incomplete paper word. I have now learned to ask for paper's on everything.

• Di
    DIPIN JADAV Nov 04, 2010

I (dipin a. jadav) booked hyundai car of " verna vtvt w/o. dealer name is 'divine motors pvt. ltd' vapi, gujarat. car booking date 04.10.2017 with rs 11000/- cheque hdfc bank. & aslo paid my lone amount rs. 484670/- dtd. 25.10.2017 from hdfc bank & my car billing dtd. 23.10.2017 at chenai with bill no. [protected] dtd. 23.10.2017. but till time not despatch from chenai to vapi

Why not despatch my car chenai to vapi after I paid my dues & already billing of my car.

Regards
    Dipin jadav

• Ar
    Arkonne Oct 13, 2010

Bought a new I20 in August. All going well until September when driver seat started squeaking. Took car to dealer on 25 Sept. They phoned at 14:00 to say car is ready. Only when I arrived did they say car not fixed, the seatrails must be ordered from Korea. Four weeks later it finally arrived. Book car in for 30 Oct to fix. At 14:00 received call to say parts were wrong, have to re order from Korea. Spoke to Service Manager - I suggested that they take the parts from another car to fix mine as one wouldnt expect to pay so much money and wait have such problems. He would have spoken to the Dealer Manager and let me know. Well, a week later still no news from them, in fact I phone TWICE during the week to get updates. Everytime the same story - I will phone you back. Cant believe how BAD Hyundai's service got...nice car, Exceptionally poor service.

• Wa
    wael alsharif Oct 03, 2010

Dear All,

I bought hyundai Virna Model 2017, received in [protected], Motor Number:- 185957, Body number 526150 and I made only 8560 Kilo, When I was in vendor of hyundai in Sultan Hussein center in Alexandria to make the usually service, after I receive the car and check it by run the engine I found the car suddenly burned from the electricity wires !!! inside the showroom of service and then the engineer check the car he told me that there was electrical Circuiting problem in the power circuit in your car Without any reason !!!

The problem is that electrical wire was burned and it’s not available in G.B Auto Egypt or Alexandria and the case pending without any time frame for Solving or deadline !!!

Appreciate fast responding to my Issue .

Work Order for service :- PMAX1000052532
    Invoice service Number:- [protected]
    New Work Order :- 1927
    Find attached

Wael Alsharif
    [protected]

• Am
    Amexal Aug 26, 2010

Continue from complaint 20 Aug 2017: Ben van Niekerk (Service Manager) never bothered at any stage phoning me to make the arrangement, I phoned after him to make the appointment for 27 Aug 2017 at 7:30. I took my car in at 7:30 on 27 Aug 2017. The arrangement with Ben & that I wrote on the service form was to collect the car at 12:00. The Receptionist at Hyundai in Garsfontein road, Pretoria, said they would call me to collect my car, which they didn't. I had to phone them at about 12:18, when I was told the car wld only be ready at 15:00 or 16:00. I told them I made previously arrangements with Ben to have the car ready by 12:00 & I cld not collect the car later. They never told me there was a new problem with the car. I then phoned Ben van Niekerk, he told me the hub is now damaged & needed parts to be ordered & this repaired before the wheel bearings could be done. I asked him if the damaged wheel bearings caused this problem, he said no. My car would be ready to collect on Friday afternoon only, to which I replied I can not collect then, but on Saturday morning only as working. Would he organise a curtosy car for me due to the situation & that I needed to go to work. Continue.

• Th
    The Perrys Jun 24, 2010

Herb Connelly Hyundai was not only deceptive and inept at handling a purchase but when we decided to opt out where rude, threatening and insulting. We deposited $3, 000 for a used 2017 Sonata. Yesterday we recieved a check for $7. with no explanation. We are so glad we didn't purchase the car from them because they are thieves. We are seniors, but we are not push overs. We will proceed to get our money back from Mr. Doug Connelly. So sad Mr. Connelly, but we know you don't care a bit.

• 63
    6340 Jun 08, 2010

Subject: No-interest loan payoff.
    Set amount was established at the purchase. Monthly payments were automated and never late. Because of a change in mid-loan, the final month payment was not for the full amount. Yet, HMFC debited personal checking for the full amount. They said it would take them 21 days to refund the extra money they should not have taken from personal account. Frustrating when they take more than what they are owed for the final payment and then won't refund the overdraft promptly "because of their internal processes." Communication with the customer is a vital area they have chosen to not excel in which seriously compromises their reputation and that of the quality of their vehicles

• Cs
    csiii Mar 29, 2010

the service department is not helpful at all. yes my daughter may have acted out somewhat but to assume i would do the same is crazy. the manager who i spoke with stated his friend the service manager for six years wouldnt lie about anything if he said thats what happened then thats what happened. i will never give them my business or refer them to anyone. i know it may not affect them but i just wanted to le t some one else know if they are evr going to buy from them. if i can stop someone else from going through the same thing i did i am good with that.

Magda Hendriks Feb 02, 2010

I have towed my Hyundai bakkie to Hyundai Airport. I waited a week before they came back to me with an answer to what is wrong with my bakkie. The told me that it was the cyl head. They sent me a qoute to wich I immediatly paid the deposit. I use the bakkie for delivery purpouses. I have lost about R30000.00 of orders because of this branch. I phoned tem everyday and they told me the same thing that they were waiting for the engineers. After another week I found out that they were lying to me. The engineers didn't want to let go off the head because they (the dealership) owed them money. My bakkie was sent to them on the 13th of January 2017. At last they phoned and told me that I could get my bakkie yeasterday (01/02/010) at 12. We got the bakkie. It is still making very weird noises. They did not clean the bakkie where they have worked. Please advise me what to do with this branch. I paid R14000 to get it fixed. And its still not working properly.

• Um
    umesh patel Oct 26, 2009

dear sir
    i have purchased hyundai i10 magna, my car some problam in ecm systeam, its diagnosed by concept motor in ahmedabad, allthough says never problam in ecm systeam, my car warenty in period, but some mechanical work has been done out side, so they are teling me ur warenty is not eligibale, but i have not any electriocal systeam work at out side, at till date, only body work done that time, so plz do need full,
    my car
    GUJ 3 -CE - 779 I HAVE GIVEN MY CAR AT CONCEPT MOTORS AHMEDABAD SHAREKHJ HIGY WAY FOR THIS REPARING PERPOUSE, DATE 10/10/2017 DURING WARENTY PERIOD,
    AM I NOT ELIGBALE FOR WARENTY ???????????
    KINDLY CONVEY MY COMPLAINT TO PROPER PERSON & DO NEED FULL,

WE HAVE 10-11 HYNUDAI CAR MY FRIEN CICALE, BUT KNOW I RELIZED DON' T BUY HYNUDAI CAR,
    my email adress -- [email protected]

Jasbir singh 11 Sep 14, 2009

I am from INDIA .I purchased hyndai ACCENT GLE in november 2017. now it is was time of 3th servicea(milage 20, 000) of my car at this time dealer charged for engine and radiator flushing (600+600=1200 INR) and again at time of my 4th service they charged for the same process same amount and when i met with service manager he told me that engine flushing is done every after 10, 000 km and radiator flushing is done every 20, 000 km and at last he agreed to refund me only amount 600 which was charged for radiator flushing. Now i want to ask, is it compulsary to do engine flushing every 10, 000 km? I THINK HIS STATEMENT IS WRONG . The dealer name is Fx-Hyundai, Faridabad, Haryana, INDIA and help line number for dealer is +91-[protected] please reply me either on my person number +91-[protected] or by mail [email protected]

• Sr
    srqwebguy1 Jul 24, 2009

Just a warning to anyone looking to buy a new Hyundai in Florida. I spent 4 days arranging a new car purchase with Crown Hyundai of St. Petersburg, FL. This dealer is about 60 miles north of my home. When we arrived to pick up the vehicle, they refused to honor several of their key commitments. They would not honor terms related to my trade-in (which was being conducted through a third party dealer) and they jacked the finance interest rate up almost 2 percentage points (promised 4.5%, actual they had set up was 6.24%). I did not find out about the interest rate change until we were almost done signing documents - just the loan document was left.

We walked out; Something I am sure they did not expect. I bought my Hyundai the next day from a reputable dealer in Punta Gorda, FL, at a much lower interest rate (4.90%).

I do not want to bore people here with the sordid details, but you can read the full story about what happened to me at http://www.crappycardeals.com. It is a site I built dedicated to this single experience. If you are looking for a new car and are considering doing business with any Crown Dealer in St. Pete, I encourage you to read about it and to be very, very cautious. What you are told may not be the truth!

Maverick1018 Jul 07, 2009

I WOULD NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER HYUNDAI CAR!! I purchased mine in 2017 and it was bad from the start. First the brakes went out and then the belts and then something else. Recently, my car, which has 53, 000 (no joke) miles, had the transmission go out. Since when does a transmission go out on fifty-thousand miles? I wrote to the CEO, Aaron speaks so highly of and he NEVER repiled. The dealership and the consumer service, which is useless by the way, were both caught in lies. I have it all on tape. Until I pointed out to the H-person that the dealership lied to her, she fumbled over her words and said, “Oh! I need to check again”. She had no idea what she was doing and was of no help. I am now going to take further action…but until then I am thinking of taping a HUGE sign on my car that reads, “Don’t by Hyundai, S–t cars!…then if someone catches me on film, you may see me and the sign on the Tube! Now-a-days there are numerous and no-cost ways to get the messsage out. A good CEO is never to busy to reply to a formal letter from a patron but since I am not anyone important or with money, he could care less! Pathetic!!!

• 73
    737rph Jul 03, 2009

My Complaint: Hyundai service mechanics have no regard for cleanliness when working on the customers car. When my new 2017 Santa fe was delivered to me from PLANET HYUNDAI it had dirty footprints and handprints on the carpet and upholstery. This was done during new car prep as they weren't there when I selected the car from the storage lot. In June 2017 I brought my clean SanteFe to UNITED HYUNDAI for minor service: it was returned to me with dirty footprints and handprints. While I was waiting for my Santa- Fe to be serviced a bright and courteous salesman showed me a new Genesis. I was impressed. But after I picked up my SanteFe all I could think of was dirty hand and footprints all over a new Genesis. Wake up hyundai, your cars are terrific but your mechanics are dirty.
    I'll have this in mind when I shop for my next new car.
    Ken

• Cm
    C.Myers Jan 27, 2009

My 2017 Sonata's rear brakes are metal to metal and Hyundai says that it is my fault for not rotating the tires every 7500 miles, I have purchased many new vehicles in my life and owned several used cars and trucks and have never had the back brakes go out at 20, 000 miles.

Jack Nov 11, 2008

I absolutely agree with you. My sonata was just brought to the service repair at the dealership we bought the car from and they told me that the engine part that was defective was not covered under warranty. They wanted $625.00 and I refused to pay it. When I left the dealership, the car ran worse than before and the check engine light is on when it was not on before. I WILL NEVER BUY A HYUNDAI AGAIN!!!

• Pr
    pratik agarwalla Nov 25, 2007

I bought 29 inch Hyundai TV. It is not getting switched on and the dealer has dispaaeared and I cannot even locate the service center's name and telephone, as the telephone number mentioned in the service manual is not responding. This is totally in contrast with the car service!I am living in west bengal. please give me a service centre or showroom's address and phone no. in kolkata.