Hyundaifailure to honor warranty

I bought a new Hyundai Sonata in part because of its supposedly excellent warranty. But after the recent snowfall in DC, the little motor for my windshield wipers jammed up. Took it to the dealer. They said the damage was caused by the snow, so it was not covered by the warranty.
Turns out if any problem with the car can be said to be caused by something, the warranty doesn't cover it. Given that just about everything is caused by something else, the warranty is less useful than toilet paper. I'm going to take them to small claims court and will keep you posted on how it proceeds.

• Da
    David in Fairfax Mar 29, 2010

I agree with the poor service at Fairfax Hyundai. We have been trying to get several recall notices worked on and they have refused to perform on them. They even told us one did not exist and only after many phone calls and escalation, they finally agreed that it did exist. Then they tried to sell us a new timing belt installation when we had one done only a month ago.

• Di
    DisgustedinVirginia Feb 23, 2011

Although I had to take my car to Alexandria Hyunda, not Fairfax, I too am throughly disappointed in Hyundai America's supposedly wonderful warranty coverage.

Every repair required seems to magically fall OUTSIDE the perameters of what the warranty actually DOES cover.

Glad I did not pay extra for an extended warranty...it is just hot air and of no value to me whatsoever!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices