HSBC Retail Services$50 refund

I received my statement from the Brick indicating that I had over paid by $50.00. On the statement it indicates: "Your account has a credit balance of $50. Refunds may be requested in writing to HSBC Retail". So I sent an e-mail to [protected]@thebrick.com. The rep there explained that I must provide proof of this payment. Even though it was there on the statement; now watch out here comes the official answer: "Unfortunately the Brick Card statement is not considered a valid proof of payment".
So, when you receive the statement from the Brick, there could be instances where your credits may not be VALID. Here is the reps suggestion: I am to get informatioon from my bank, then cover or forge this document as my proof of payment. They will accept this type of information.

Funny how this company is willing to accept "FORGED" documents. They will not investigate through their own credit department because probably this is too much to ask for by their customer.

I have sent a complaint to BBB in Alberta via on-line. What a shame that I have to go through this to get my money back and that $50.

So watch out, the BRICK will do anything to keep your money tied up!!!

Hanif Ladha

• Lj
    ljfgarfy Aug 03, 2010

Hi I have a new hsbc credit card in may 2010. I get charge an high anually fee only for a $300 credit limit and my credit has a perfect payment history and my credit is fair. I been making high payments and my account is current. The credit card company threaten me to be put me in collection because I had a balance of $170 and I was paying my bill on the first and my bill wasn't due until the 15th. Then after I made my payment on the 1st of $74 they I had me talk to a debt collector. The debt collector told me that I had pay off my balance within ten days so I did of being scare. So my account sitting at $0 balance. So i call them and ask why was i transfer to the debt collector and receive a letter and they denied everything and saying I'm not in collections.