H&R Block Business Servicesfailure of h&r block to honor half-off deal promotion

C

This complaint is regarding the preparation of my wife and I, 2015 Federal and State income taxes forms. On or about March 11, 2016, I was referred to Joseph Allen, Senior Accountant at H&R Block offices, located at 3360 Satellite Blvd., Suite 13, Duluth, GA 30096.

Mr. Allen, agreed to prepare our 2015 income taxes and accepted our tax documents for preparations on or about March 11, 2015. Subsequently (3/18/16), I received a telephone call from Mr. Allen's office advising me that that our tax returns were prepared and ready for pickup.

On Monday, March 21, 2016, when I arrived at Mr. Joe Allen's office to receive my completed returns, I looked at return and realized he had charged me $400.00 for tax preparation services, which I immediately protested the over-charge. The amount being charged was not one-half (1/2) of the $348.00 tax prep amount that I had paid last year. The amount that I should have been charged and paid to H&R Block is $174.00.

Mr Allen, upon my request came to the front office, where I asked an explanation, and he responded, " I won't honor half-off promotion, because I use a different software." I replied that his response was unacceptable, and that I wanted him to honor the promo. He replied, " I guess I'll have to stop taking new clients, " and proceeded back to his office.

I informed Mr. Allen that I had expected from him full disclosure and in writing his refusal from the onset to not honor promo, particularly when H&R Block have numerous promo posters plastered over the front windows of his offices advertising Block's half-off promo, which I'm entitled and he's not honoring. I paid $400.00 to H&R Block the same day (3/21/2016) under protest, received my tax returns and am now filing this complaint to request a refund of excess fees that I'm due per H&R Block current one-half promotion.