Hotmailstolen email account

My email account was stolen and I cannot find any place to report it. I have tried to locate a hotmail complaint or contact address and I have not been able to find one. I have called the FBI and was told to contact my local police dept. and the police dept. told me they did not have the facilities to handle Internet problems.

They told me to contact the nearest KBI Office and I did. Their Investigator was out of the office until next week.

They told me to call the Attorney General's Office. He was out too.

My family and friends are getting emails saying that "I" am stranded in London and for them to send money, $2, 200 by Western Union so I can come home. I have no way of contacting some of them as my only contact was by email and all their addresses went with the stolen account.

I cannot even find a place that I can alert other victims to the Scam that got me.

After much searching over days, I finally found this site and even it may not do me any good, maybe it might help someone else.

The Scam that got me was purported to be from "Hotmail". It said something to the fact that they were up-dating the program and in order to keep from deleting my account, they needed my email data so they could make sure that my account would not be deleted with the other "defunct" accounts.

I gave them the information and the next day when I tried to access my email no matter what I did, I could not get into my email.

Then my cousin called me to find out what was going on and told me she had received an email and its contents.

I, imediately contacted the few people whose email address I knew - to alert them.

There needs to be a place that people can contact to be able to report email scams. Most of the suggestions from Hotmail's information told me to log into my account and go to the help tab, but if your email account is gone, how can you do that? As well as to report the scam and show the proof that disappeared with your email account.

• He
    Hennie.fourie Dec 06, 2012

Someone sent a virus to my chotmail contacts using my details how ever when i view my send items it shows that i did not send the mail. Now i am being sued. How can i get proof from hotmail that i did not snd the mail?

manivarman Oct 16, 2012

My hotmail is blocked and I can't get the code to unblock it
    My hotmail is blocked and I can't get the code to unblock because it is using a very old email address. It doesn't give me any other options. I have tried resetting my password but it still blocks me. I have also followed the various help links but those lead me back to the blocked account page. Can someone please tell me what to do. Thanks!

• Ri
    Riaz ul Haq Bezenjo Jun 07, 2012

Dear Support,
    My hotmail account i.e [email protected] has been hacked and i am unable to access, you are requested, please reset my [email protected] in my gmail account i.e. [email protected] for start the email corresponding easily.

Your corporation in this regards, will be highly appreciable

S. F. Yousuf

Chandra Gurung Nov 29, 2011

I've my hotmail account and recently it was blocked. My account and password are suppies as below: kindly unblock it. and send me my new password of hotmail account on [email protected]
    my hotmail id: [email protected]
    password:

• Ah
    ahmad12 Oct 03, 2011

My email has been hacked [email protected] I have need to email for thing importnint for my job and my fraind & Faimly on the email ..

please help me out regarding this and reply me

Thanks & Regards
    New e mail
    [email protected]

• Br
    bradcan Aug 20, 2011

If you complain to hotmail support the account will be disabled.

rajrutu Aug 20, 2011

My hotmail account has just been stolen/hacked as well. They changed everything, my security question and password. They are sending emails requesting money from my contacts.
    I can't find any contact information for hotmail.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    thanks,

• Al
    ali miligi Jul 31, 2011

Dear Sir,
    With great sorrow you are treating your customer with great careless. I am an old customer my account in hotmail is [email protected]
    Suddenly I could not enter to my account in spite that my password is still as it is. My password is omar123 and I didn’t changed but you say that some one used my account and changed it. I don’t believe that reason by any way because no one uses my account except myself. Please inform me either to my account [email protected] or [email protected] how to solve this problem. I have very important correspondences I must received. You will be legally responsible about any delay to let me enter to my account. I am a business man and by blocking my account you will cause great loss to me. .
    Thanks in advance.
    Ali Miligi
    Inter. Commercial Consultant

N.B. my account [email protected] was opened since more than ten years ago. Naturally I cant remember the secret question.

• Ka
    Kattia H Jul 03, 2011

I have the same problem. Someone hacked my account and rigth away I changed my password and all worked ok. But then my account was blocked. No further answer. I have not acces to my @hotmail account.
    I know it is a free service and all but there should be an easier way to get your account back specially if we did not do anything wrong: I always kept my account clean, never gave my password away, reported this hacking problem right away. And nothing. And it is bad. Really.

• Da
    Dannydawgs Jun 30, 2011

As of Tuesday AM my main email address has had access blocked, its Thursday now and 4 days lost with no access to my valuable content.Hotmail has made no effort to contact me about possible resolution of this issue, I've offered may oppurtunities for MSN to contact me and contacted them by phone to learn that a free email address user has no where to turn for help with that company.There has to be recourse for individuals against these heartless corporations

Barbara Wijesinghe Jun 20, 2011

My email account has been hacked into and someone is sending emails in my name requesting large sums of money from my relatives and friends. Would it be possible for you to block or cancel my email account, as my password too has also been changed and I cannot even open my email.
    This is urgent and I would be grateful for an early response please

Barbara Wijesinghe Jun 20, 2011

My email account has been hacked into and someone is sending emails to my relatives and friends requesting large sums of of money, what do I do about this. Even my password seems to have been changed and I cannot open my email. Please take not of this complaint and let me know what my next step should be

Barbara Wijesinghe Jun 20, 2011

My email account has been hacked into and someone is sending emails to my relatives and friends requesting large sums of money. what do I do about it? Please take note of this complaint and try to help me.

• Br
    bradcan Jun 07, 2011

For a few years now I have received various spam purporting to be from a number of friends using hotmail. The most recent and serious is of the kind reported above. ie a request for large amount of money to help said friend abroad after loss of wallet. I have made strenuous attempts to make it clear to hotmail tech support that THEIR SERVERS ARE COMPROMISED. At no time have I received any reasonable request to assist them in tracing the source of these problems. The hacked account holders have been consistently accused by hotmail employees of causing the compromise themselves, this is not the case. In all cases the accounts in question have been immediately disabled without consent of the account holder. Unacceptable! The solution is obvious.

safi_sarwar May 14, 2011

My hotmail ID has been blocked by the Hotmail official. I don't know what was the reason behind. The only message that appears, whenever I login, is that numerous Junk Mails have been sent to other IDs using my Hotmail ID. This is a shocking factor for me, because no such activity has been undertaken.
    Well, now the question is that how can restore my ID. My hotmail If carries some important backup files us well. So anyone who can guide regarding this issue.
    Kind Regards
    Safi

andre81 Apr 05, 2011

someone has been using my email and sending money emails to all my friends their ringing me complaining,
    please could you sort this out, my email is [email protected]
    andrew haines

raza rizvi Mar 21, 2011

Respected Sir,

Sir my Email id and password someone misused i request you sir please give me my id and my password my id is [email protected],
    and i forgot password my alternate id [email protected] so help me please.. now i have use id temporary [email protected] so please you send me any mail in this id. and please help me my above id for recovering.

Thanking You

chippewa1 Mar 21, 2011

The same exact thing happened to me i get a message from the hotmail team saying that i needed to update my info or i would lose my hotmail acct. i started to fill the stuff out and got tired and quit half way threw and once morning came i tried to open up my email and it said i was locked out. I tried everything and nothin worked. About a week later one of my friends called saying he got a email from me saying i was in another country and i needed $3, 500 and not to worry and i would explain later. This needs to be stopped !!! MSN and hotmail.com needs to get onboard and fix this problem this is there software and they encouraged us to join.Now when there is a serious problem and this is SERIOUS they have noway to be contacted and we have noway to close or delete our hotmail account. I find this disturbing. Please if anyone has info on how to fix this can you please post.Thank you . One more thing this is crazy we have to reach out to the public for help... Thanks MSN HOTMAIL.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Mar 03, 2011

You should never depend on a free service whole-heartedly. You should back up your information and keep a side email account for safety. Finally, you should write down your password and keep it at home. I enjoy hotmail, as it has served me well. However, I have back up accounts and any pressing or important information is backed-up and directed to multiple addresses.

"I firmly believe now that there is some kind of criminal conspiracy afoot and that there are actual criminals involved with Hotmail Support."
    You sound like an idiot here. It's a free service. Get over yourself and take some responsibility for your contribution.

• Pu
    Pulverulescent Mar 02, 2011

The treatment I've got and am still getting from the so-called Hotmail Customer Support is actually making me suicidal!
    A simple temporarily forgotten password has resulted in me being locked out of my very important primary account for 2 weeks, and counting!
    Because my account has been blocked due to too many incorrect passwords being entered, last week, I cannot now login with my now remembered password.
    I have pleaded with them at least a million times to unblock my account so that I may login with my password but they have stubbornly and consistently refused to act!
    By choosing Hotmail in the first place, I am ultimately responsible for the whole Kafkaesque nightmare I now find myself in.
    For two weeks now I've been telling them how vitally important it is that I finally regain access to what is my personal property but I may as well talk to brick walls for all the assistance I've got, to date.
    Their incompetence I've encountered too is truly staggering!
    And I'm no closer to a resolution now than I was a fortnight ago!
    I would sternly advise anyone setting up an email account for the first time to absolutely avoid Hotmail like the plague it is!
    I can guarantee them that they will curse the day they chose Hotmail.
    I've been cursing my choice of email provider for a very long fortnight!

• Sm
    S.M.Raza Feb 28, 2011

Respected Sir/Madam,

Sir my Email id and password somone misused i request you sir please give me my id and my password my id is [email protected],
    and i forgotn passwoed my alternate id [email protected] so help me please.. now i have use id temporary [email protected] so please you send me any mail in this id.

Thanking you,

Raza

Mahmoud Elattar Jan 07, 2011

I could not reach my inbox for almost 7 days till now my email is [email protected]

Mahmoud Elattar Jan 07, 2011

my email [email protected] I could not reach my inbox for almost 7 days

• 70
    70810200 Dec 31, 2010

My email, [email protected] was hacked a few weeks back. The hacker has sent an email to my contacts saying that I need money in London.
    Many contacts with the hotmail authorities have proved futile. It appears they are not convinced that I am the authentic user!! Therefore, my years of email records are doomed.
    Can anyone help? My password was homasm.
    Thanks and happy new year 2011.

• Tr
    Trias Dec 02, 2010

Okay, I have no idea why my message looks like spam. Oh, the irony of that post.

• Tr
    Trias Dec 02, 2010

Linda, I don't think this is actually an issue with hotmail. This recently happened to my brother's email address (gmail); everybody on his contact list was getting some pretty ridiculous spam. After looking into it, we determined that someone was generating emails that LOOK like they are from one account even though they are sent from another. It's like sending an email from Outlook and changing the respond to address to something else. Some bot got your daughter's address (probably from someone elses' contact list) and is send spam with her email address attached. Regardless, it's a pain in the butt. My brother basically had to tell all of his contacts to block his email address and open a new account. Sorry!

• Li
    Linda Joppich Dec 02, 2010

After being inundated with scam emails, my daughter Linda Joppich, cancelled her email address which was [email protected] Since then, I (and many others from her address book) receive 5 or more emails per day FROM [email protected] despite having cancelled this address. Some are offensive and have upset people in my daughters workplace as they do not realise that this address has been cancelled. PLEASE TREAT THIS AS URGENT. With thanks.

• Ta
    tatiana lukman Nov 07, 2010

My hotmail was stolen, the same as other people on this site. My friends are getting email requesting them to send money. Now I have no access to my account and I lost all my friends addresses. How can I recover those addresses? If, like you say, you will begin charging people for using your service, then I want to close muy account. But before you close itu, I would like to recover all my friends addresses. So please help me recovering them. My new email account: [email protected]

• Co
    ColonelJAG Jul 26, 2010

MSN has no interest in resolving these problems concerning stolen accounts. I have been trying for 4 days and all I get is requests that I fill out the help form completely which is not possible because some of the needed information is only found in my stolen account other items no longer match because the thieves changed all my information. I am an attorney and think there must be a class action cause of action against microsoft in this mess somehow. Like others I relied on MSN and kept email adresses, critical emails and other data on that account and did not realize until it was hacked that I no longer had access to that information. MSN may have a legal duty to ensure that that information is made available to the true account owners and have alterante procedures in place to verify the identity of account holders. I would suggest filing complaints with the FTC and State Attorney General's Offices alledging MSN is indulging in a form of consumer fraud or outright theft in denying the true owners their private data.

• Sh
    Shraya Jul 02, 2010

To whom it may concern,
    Dear Sir,
    Please be aware that I have not requested for a password reset in my email account. I have been receiving emails from the hotmail team that I have requested for a reset in my password...
    I dont know what is happening but I havent requested for any password request.
    thank you.
    Shraya Shresha([email protected])

p.s- The fraud email address is [email protected]

• Wa
    wajdi hamdan Jun 21, 2010

dear sirs,
    My name is wajdi hamdan. I am a physician working in Lebanon, i have been having a hotmail account for the past several years. My user name is [email protected] and my password was [protected]. Few days ago I received 2 or 3 e-mail notification presumably from hot mail mentioning that i need to suplement my full details i.e name and password for better quality control, so I did. few days later i satrted getting calls from the United states and other countries from friends asking whether truely I am stuck in London and in need of money because they just received an e-mail from me mentioning clearly that. I couldn't log on again to hotmail (my official e-mail whcih all my frineds and the surgical socoieties know as well as the e-journal i get on a monthly basis). So please if you can help in that regard. I already opened a new e-mail account : [email protected]
    thanks again for your help

• Pl
    please hel me Apr 30, 2010

Please help me.. someone stole my email account.. what should I do?

thank you.

Rayprs Apr 18, 2010

My hotmail was stolen the same as other people on this site,

I also can't find any authority to complain to,

Ray.

• St
    stolen e-mail account Apr 12, 2010

My email ID : [email protected]
    India

My family and friends are getting emails saying that "I" am stranded in Malsia and for them to send money, $2, 000 by Western Union so I can come home. I have no way of contacting some of them as my only contact was by email and all their addresses went with the stolen account.

Iam not finding any place to comlaint and get the e-mail back, if anybody can help me, please reply [email protected]

Regards,

Satish

• Ka
    kaya1234 Apr 02, 2010

ebagsshopcn.com sent e-mails to everyone on my my list

sallyburt Apr 01, 2010

My email has been hacked for the 2nd time in 6 months. The information I had provided was spposedly to Microsoft so they could update my hotmail account. I need to know how to get back into my email account because I need my contact list plus some valuable stored information. I can't seem to get anyone to hear me or help me. I had contacted our Attorney General's Office and they would not help me. The other recommended sources would not help me either.

Sally Burt
    new email account [email protected]

• SammyBabeey Mar 23, 2010

I think that hotmail should have a section where you can send complaints, cause it would really help them and help us. Right now my msn is saying i'm offline but i signed in, and i can't find any where on how to get it normal, so if you read this hotmail please put a section where we can put our complaints.

• Za
    Zahid___ Mar 10, 2010

My Hotmail account ([email protected]) has been stolen, I forgotten my pets name even my alternate account ( [email protected] ) has stolen. Please my both account give me back from that guy.
    Please can U contect me at this email address [email protected]

Regard.
    Zahid Hussain

Rainy Noonan Mar 07, 2010

My hotmail account [email protected] has just been stolen/hacked as well. They changed everything, my security question and password. They are sending emails requesting money from my contacts.
    I can't find any contact information for hotmail.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    thanks,
    Rainy

• Mo
    mohamed elhag Feb 24, 2010

my e-mail acc [email protected] stolen Messages sent demanding money please close it immediately