Hotmailstolen email account

My email account was stolen and I cannot find any place to report it. I have tried to locate a hotmail complaint or contact address and I have not been able to find one. I have called the FBI and was told to contact my local police dept. and the police dept. told me they did not have the facilities to handle Internet problems.

They told me to contact the nearest KBI Office and I did. Their Investigator was out of the office until next week.

They told me to call the Attorney General's Office. He was out too.

My family and friends are getting emails saying that "I" am stranded in London and for them to send money, $2, 200 by Western Union so I can come home. I have no way of contacting some of them as my only contact was by email and all their addresses went with the stolen account.

I cannot even find a place that I can alert other victims to the Scam that got me.

After much searching over days, I finally found this site and even it may not do me any good, maybe it might help someone else.

The Scam that got me was purported to be from "Hotmail". It said something to the fact that they were up-dating the program and in order to keep from deleting my account, they needed my email data so they could make sure that my account would not be deleted with the other "defunct" accounts.

I gave them the information and the next day when I tried to access my email no matter what I did, I could not get into my email.

Then my cousin called me to find out what was going on and told me she had received an email and its contents.

I, imediately contacted the few people whose email address I knew - to alert them.

There needs to be a place that people can contact to be able to report email scams. Most of the suggestions from Hotmail's information told me to log into my account and go to the help tab, but if your email account is gone, how can you do that? As well as to report the scam and show the proof that disappeared with your email account.

rasha Nov 21, 2008

my hotmail been hacked even the secret answer... and my facebook so everything is personal now is being exposed... i really dono how to act cant sent to hotmail from anywhere... i'v sent to facbook admins maybe they would help..

john jumphries May 20, 2009

my email account has been hacked into & im unable to access it.
    what can i do

john jumphries May 20, 2009

my email account has been hyjacked im unable to access it
    can you please advise

saqib ch May 30, 2009

sir, my Account / [email protected] has been hyjacked since long time even i can't open /access it, or some one useing my account, please help me out regarding this and reply me

Thanks & Regards
    Saqib Gulzar
    New e mail
    [email protected]

• As
    ashraf negm May 31, 2009

Dear Sirs,
    I have received the below email and I wonder is that true
    Please reply to me as oon as possible on [email protected]
    Thanks and regards
    Ashraf

"This is Tara and John, the directors of MSN. We would like to sincerely apologize for the interruption, but msn is closing down. We know many of these messages have been sent out lately, and that they wouldn't be true. However, this one is in fact true, and it will occur soon.
    MSN will begin to charge you money soon. This is due to the fact that too many inconsiderate people are taking up all the names (ie. making up lots of different accounts for just one person). Therefore, we only have 578 names left. If you would like to close your account, DO NOT SEND THIS MESSAGE ON. We would not reccommend this, because if in the future you'd like to use MSN, and you don't send this message on, you will be CHARGED to use MSN monthly. If you would like to keep your account, then SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. As we said this before, this is no joke, and we will be shutting down the servers. Please send it on. We do not want to be receiving phone calls stating that your MSN will not open, or that you are being charged for using it - because this will be your fauly for not sending it on. The estimated cost for MSN monthly will be about ten dollars CAN.
    SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. NOW YOU
    KNOW WHAT TO DO.
    ATTENTION. In case you believed this is yet another of those 'prank' MSN shut down emails, go to:
    http://news. bbc.co.uk/ 1/hi/business/ 1189119.stm
    Once you've sent this message to at least 18 contacts, your msn icon will become blue.

Regards,
    Tara and John
    (Directors and Operators of MSN.com, Hotmail, Windows Live Hotmail, etc)"

• Du
    dustymar Jul 23, 2009

I stopped using my hotmail address about a year ago, but kept it opened and checked it every now and then to make sure that if someone was trying to reach me, I could give them my new address. About a month ago, everyone on my mailing list received an e-mail from "me" inviting them to purchase electronics etc. I contacted everyone who got the e-mail, but they said they all knew it wasn't from me because the grammar was so poor (!!!). So I tried to complain to MSN and I received an e-mail from them basically stating that they had no responsibility (the e-mail was also full of poor grammar, by the way). I canceled my account, but now a 2nd and 3rd round of e-mails from that hotmail address is showing up.
    I sent a "test" e-mail to that supposedly defunct address and received a "vacation" reply. I have no idea what else to do -- when I tried to submit a complaint to the feds internet crimes division, it crashed my computer, so I'm not going to try that again.
    I am very frustrated.

• So
    Something Designer Sep 17, 2009

Thats 3 messages sent to all my contacts in 3 days. I also can't find anyway of reporting these idiots.

www.somethingdesigner.co.uk
    www.somethingsensual.co.uk
    www.somethingfancy.co.uk

• Dear Sir,
    This is Saleem, My hotmail account was stolen and I cannot find any place to report it. I have tried to open a hotmail complaint or contact address and I have not been able to find one. this is my stolen [email protected] passward is fsearabia.
    sir pls send your comments on my new email id how to open our company hotmail. [email protected]

• Gi
    giovanni_cuad Nov 24, 2009

My email account [email protected] was stolen and used to send out a message as in your example, from London, , asking for money. I would like to have the account canceled to stop the attempted extortion. My regular email [email protected] Thanks for your resolution to the problem, , , John

• Gi
    giovanni_cuad Nov 24, 2009

My [email protected] was stolen and is beingused for extortion. I would llike that email account closed to prevent theextortion. Thank you, John Carre

• Th
    THOMAS VITHAYATHIL Jan 16, 2010

hacked and missused my e- mail account. my e-mail a/c is vithayathiltom @hotmail.com

• Be
    Bea21 Jan 25, 2010

My email account was hacked into as well, this guy uses my contacts to send his sales pitch to my friends, then steals their contacts and so forth. What can be done about this?
    In this case none of the email addresses are mine, the "to":[email protected], is not my email, but also hotmail. I keep putting all of them into blocked sender, as none of the virus programmes seem to be abel to stop it.
    But since he is using hotmail: [email protected], maybe hotmail could cancel his free account???
    This is the email:

Hey SECOND‏
    From: Mubarak Jaber ([email protected])
    You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
    Sent: Monday, 25 January 2010 11:43:10 PM
    To: [email protected]

Honorable sir or ms:
    I would like to introduce you a very good company, it can offer you all kinds of electronic products that you may be in need, such as laptops, gps, TV, LCD, cell phones, ps3, MP3/4, motorcycles, etc. There must be something interesting you'd like to purchase .
    website: yyweoh.com
    Email: [email protected]
    MSN: [email protected]
    Thank you and best regards.

• Mo
    mohamed elhag Feb 24, 2010

my e- mail [email protected] stolen. I cannot access it please help

• Mo
    mohamed elhag Feb 24, 2010

my e-mail acc [email protected] stolen Messages sent demanding money please close it immediately

Rainy Noonan Mar 07, 2010

My hotmail account [email protected] has just been stolen/hacked as well. They changed everything, my security question and password. They are sending emails requesting money from my contacts.
    I can't find any contact information for hotmail.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    thanks,
    Rainy

• Za
    Zahid___ Mar 10, 2010

My Hotmail account ([email protected]) has been stolen, I forgotten my pets name even my alternate account ( [email protected] ) has stolen. Please my both account give me back from that guy.
    Please can U contect me at this email address [email protected]

Regard.
    Zahid Hussain

• SammyBabeey Mar 23, 2010

I think that hotmail should have a section where you can send complaints, cause it would really help them and help us. Right now my msn is saying i'm offline but i signed in, and i can't find any where on how to get it normal, so if you read this hotmail please put a section where we can put our complaints.

sallyburt Apr 01, 2010

My email has been hacked for the 2nd time in 6 months. The information I had provided was spposedly to Microsoft so they could update my hotmail account. I need to know how to get back into my email account because I need my contact list plus some valuable stored information. I can't seem to get anyone to hear me or help me. I had contacted our Attorney General's Office and they would not help me. The other recommended sources would not help me either.

Sally Burt
    new email account [email protected]

• Ka
    kaya1234 Apr 02, 2010

ebagsshopcn.com sent e-mails to everyone on my my list

• St
    stolen e-mail account Apr 12, 2010

My email ID : [email protected]
    India

My family and friends are getting emails saying that "I" am stranded in Malsia and for them to send money, $2, 000 by Western Union so I can come home. I have no way of contacting some of them as my only contact was by email and all their addresses went with the stolen account.

Iam not finding any place to comlaint and get the e-mail back, if anybody can help me, please reply [email protected]

Regards,

Satish

Rayprs Apr 18, 2010

My hotmail was stolen the same as other people on this site,

I also can't find any authority to complain to,

Ray.

• Pl
    please hel me Apr 30, 2010

Please help me.. someone stole my email account.. what should I do?

thank you.

• Wa
    wajdi hamdan Jun 21, 2010

dear sirs,
    My name is wajdi hamdan. I am a physician working in Lebanon, i have been having a hotmail account for the past several years. My user name is [email protected] and my password was 13021970. Few days ago I received 2 or 3 e-mail notification presumably from hot mail mentioning that i need to suplement my full details i.e name and password for better quality control, so I did. few days later i satrted getting calls from the United states and other countries from friends asking whether truely I am stuck in London and in need of money because they just received an e-mail from me mentioning clearly that. I couldn't log on again to hotmail (my official e-mail whcih all my frineds and the surgical socoieties know as well as the e-journal i get on a monthly basis). So please if you can help in that regard. I already opened a new e-mail account : [email protected]
    thanks again for your help

• Sh
    Shraya Jul 02, 2010

To whom it may concern,
    Dear Sir,
    Please be aware that I have not requested for a password reset in my email account. I have been receiving emails from the hotmail team that I have requested for a reset in my password...
    I dont know what is happening but I havent requested for any password request.
    thank you.
    Shraya Shresha([email protected])

p.s- The fraud email address is [email protected]

• Co
    ColonelJAG Jul 26, 2010

MSN has no interest in resolving these problems concerning stolen accounts. I have been trying for 4 days and all I get is requests that I fill out the help form completely which is not possible because some of the needed information is only found in my stolen account other items no longer match because the thieves changed all my information. I am an attorney and think there must be a class action cause of action against microsoft in this mess somehow. Like others I relied on MSN and kept email adresses, critical emails and other data on that account and did not realize until it was hacked that I no longer had access to that information. MSN may have a legal duty to ensure that that information is made available to the true account owners and have alterante procedures in place to verify the identity of account holders. I would suggest filing complaints with the FTC and State Attorney General's Offices alledging MSN is indulging in a form of consumer fraud or outright theft in denying the true owners their private data.

• Ta
    tatiana lukman Nov 07, 2010

My hotmail was stolen, the same as other people on this site. My friends are getting email requesting them to send money. Now I have no access to my account and I lost all my friends addresses. How can I recover those addresses? If, like you say, you will begin charging people for using your service, then I want to close muy account. But before you close itu, I would like to recover all my friends addresses. So please help me recovering them. My new email account: [email protected]

• Li
    Linda Joppich Dec 02, 2010

After being inundated with scam emails, my daughter Linda Joppich, cancelled her email address which was [email protected] Since then, I (and many others from her address book) receive 5 or more emails per day FROM [email protected] despite having cancelled this address. Some are offensive and have upset people in my daughters workplace as they do not realise that this address has been cancelled. PLEASE TREAT THIS AS URGENT. With thanks.

• Tr
    Trias Dec 02, 2010

Linda, I don't think this is actually an issue with hotmail. This recently happened to my brother's email address (gmail); everybody on his contact list was getting some pretty ridiculous spam. After looking into it, we determined that someone was generating emails that LOOK like they are from one account even though they are sent from another. It's like sending an email from Outlook and changing the respond to address to something else. Some bot got your daughter's address (probably from someone elses' contact list) and is send spam with her email address attached. Regardless, it's a pain in the butt. My brother basically had to tell all of his contacts to block his email address and open a new account. Sorry!

• Tr
    Trias Dec 02, 2010

Okay, I have no idea why my message looks like spam. Oh, the irony of that post.

• 70
    70810200 Dec 31, 2010

My email, [email protected] was hacked a few weeks back. The hacker has sent an email to my contacts saying that I need money in London.
    Many contacts with the hotmail authorities have proved futile. It appears they are not convinced that I am the authentic user!! Therefore, my years of email records are doomed.
    Can anyone help? My password was homasm.
    Thanks and happy new year 2011.

Mahmoud Elattar Jan 07, 2011

my email [email protected] I could not reach my inbox for almost 7 days

Mahmoud Elattar Jan 07, 2011

I could not reach my inbox for almost 7 days till now my email is [email protected]

• Sm
    S.M.Raza Feb 28, 2011

Respected Sir/Madam,

Sir my Email id and password somone misused i request you sir please give me my id and my password my id is [email protected],
    and i forgotn passwoed my alternate id [email protected] so help me please.. now i have use id temporary [email protected] so please you send me any mail in this id.

Thanking you,

Raza

• Pu
    Pulverulescent Mar 02, 2011

The treatment I've got and am still getting from the so-called Hotmail Customer Support is actually making me suicidal!
    A simple temporarily forgotten password has resulted in me being locked out of my very important primary account for 2 weeks, and counting!
    Because my account has been blocked due to too many incorrect passwords being entered, last week, I cannot now login with my now remembered password.
    I have pleaded with them at least a million times to unblock my account so that I may login with my password but they have stubbornly and consistently refused to act!
    By choosing Hotmail in the first place, I am ultimately responsible for the whole Kafkaesque nightmare I now find myself in.
    For two weeks now I've been telling them how vitally important it is that I finally regain access to what is my personal property but I may as well talk to brick walls for all the assistance I've got, to date.
    Their incompetence I've encountered too is truly staggering!
    And I'm no closer to a resolution now than I was a fortnight ago!
    I would sternly advise anyone setting up an email account for the first time to absolutely avoid Hotmail like the plague it is!
    I can guarantee them that they will curse the day they chose Hotmail.
    I've been cursing my choice of email provider for a very long fortnight!

• Po
    pobarjenkins Mar 03, 2011

You should never depend on a free service whole-heartedly. You should back up your information and keep a side email account for safety. Finally, you should write down your password and keep it at home. I enjoy hotmail, as it has served me well. However, I have back up accounts and any pressing or important information is backed-up and directed to multiple addresses.

"I firmly believe now that there is some kind of criminal conspiracy afoot and that there are actual criminals involved with Hotmail Support."
    You sound like an idiot here. It's a free service. Get over yourself and take some responsibility for your contribution.

chippewa1 Mar 21, 2011

The same exact thing happened to me i get a message from the hotmail team saying that i needed to update my info or i would lose my hotmail acct. i started to fill the stuff out and got tired and quit half way threw and once morning came i tried to open up my email and it said i was locked out. I tried everything and nothin worked. About a week later one of my friends called saying he got a email from me saying i was in another country and i needed $3, 500 and not to worry and i would explain later. This needs to be stopped !!! MSN and hotmail.com needs to get onboard and fix this problem this is there software and they encouraged us to join.Now when there is a serious problem and this is SERIOUS they have noway to be contacted and we have noway to close or delete our hotmail account. I find this disturbing. Please if anyone has info on how to fix this can you please post.Thank you . One more thing this is crazy we have to reach out to the public for help... Thanks MSN HOTMAIL.

raza rizvi Mar 21, 2011

Respected Sir,

Sir my Email id and password someone misused i request you sir please give me my id and my password my id is [email protected],
    and i forgot password my alternate id [email protected] so help me please.. now i have use id temporary [email protected] so please you send me any mail in this id. and please help me my above id for recovering.

Thanking You

andre81 Apr 05, 2011

someone has been using my email and sending money emails to all my friends their ringing me complaining,
    please could you sort this out, my email is [email protected]ail.co.uk
    andrew haines

safi_sarwar May 14, 2011

My hotmail ID has been blocked by the Hotmail official. I don't know what was the reason behind. The only message that appears, whenever I login, is that numerous Junk Mails have been sent to other IDs using my Hotmail ID. This is a shocking factor for me, because no such activity has been undertaken.
    Well, now the question is that how can restore my ID. My hotmail If carries some important backup files us well. So anyone who can guide regarding this issue.
    Kind Regards
    Safi

• Br
    bradcan Jun 07, 2011

For a few years now I have received various spam purporting to be from a number of friends using hotmail. The most recent and serious is of the kind reported above. ie a request for large amount of money to help said friend abroad after loss of wallet. I have made strenuous attempts to make it clear to hotmail tech support that THEIR SERVERS ARE COMPROMISED. At no time have I received any reasonable request to assist them in tracing the source of these problems. The hacked account holders have been consistently accused by hotmail employees of causing the compromise themselves, this is not the case. In all cases the accounts in question have been immediately disabled without consent of the account holder. Unacceptable! The solution is obvious.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices