Hotels.comunauthorized transaction

In March I gave my debit card number to Hotels.com to make a reservation for a spring break trip for my kids & youth pastors fm our church. In the course of a conversation that lasted approximately 30 minutes I ended up telling the Hotels.com rep to cancel the transaction as they did not have sufficient rooms to accommodate the three families traveling together as their website had indicated. At the beginning of the conversation they had three rooms available, I gave my information, I was put on an extended hold only to have a rep inform me when she returned that only 1 room was available with absolutely no other explanation. I told the rep that was unacceptable, cancelled the entire transaction and hung up. Hotels.com forwarded this illegitimate transaction to the hotel anyway and I was charged for a no show. There is no confirmation on my part that this "reservation" was ever authorized.

• M
      Jun 24, 2011

Brenda: is correct. But I say never uses Hotels.com I have been screwed before and their customer service is terrible.

• S
      Jun 25, 2011

Already called them, they won't take responsibility. Wonder if I should file a case in small claims court? Forget about it & write off the loss?

• S
      Jun 25, 2011

Wells Fargo told me today that since I gave out my debit card number that is considered an authorized transaction, regardless of product/service delivered. Wells Fargo has their own set of problems I know. Have been banking with them since 1999 and this is how they treat their longtime customers.

• M
      Jul 31, 2011

yeah i am going through the same issue with hotels.com but they dont tell me anything they place me on hold and then hang up on me i called my cc company and they have removed the charge and they are investigating hotels.com for this never use these people