Hotels.comhotel booking

M Jul 15, 2019

I was asked to leave my hotel in Lisbon at 11.30pm and made homeless after travelling from the UK. The hotel made a business decision to re-sell my room although i had a confirmation. I spoke for hours with the live chat operator on hotels.com and was told it was a decision made by the hotel and their was nothing they could do. Hotels.com don't care if you arrive at your hotel and they throw you on the street at near midnight.

if you have a confirmation- you are not obligated to do anything other than arrive

my original complain to hotels.com:

we booked a room called Suite at House São Bento Guesthouse - Lisbon. I was contacted by the hotel asking what time we will arrive to which i responded saying approx 8pm. I received no reply and assumed all would be OK. We arrived at the hotel and nobody was there to let us in? we were able to access the building as we had friends also staying. inside the hotel there is approx 10-15 rooms and all were closed except a room with Suite next to the door, other people told us that when people arrive after 6pm they leave the door open for people arriving with the keys next to their room so we assumed it was our room. We rang the phone numbers at reception and left whatsapp messages to no response. after showering etc, just as we were leaving at 10pm to meet friends waiting for us in barrio alto.. another couple arrived at the hotel and they were confused as there was no room for them as they were expecting. we could have easily left them in the lurch and gone out but we stayed and eventually got hold of Pedro from the hotel who's number we had been calling earlier. Pedro stated he would be their in 15 minutes and did not arrive for 30 then said he was still 15 minutes away. after almost an hour of waiting at 11pm Pedro arrived confused. He made a number of calls to colleagues to tell me that the number provided by Hotels.com had been rang that day and they had spoken to someone who denied having a booking. Pedro claimed that House Sao Bento then relisted our room and accepted another booking. I then showed Pedro my hotels.com account which had my correct number on it. This is disgraceful.
I do not care if you are given the wrong phone number.. I had a hotel confirmation that i was relying on after 7 hours of travelling including delayed flights. We relied on this room, we had no contact from House Sao Bento to say that had tried to call me, yet they were happy to email me before asking about arrival times. This was now 11.30pm on a Saturday night, we were tired and told we were homeless and had to pack our things and leave the hotel.
Given the circumstances we were very unhappy and expressed a huge amount of anger towards House Sao bento. There response was to send us to another hotel. I explicitly asked a number of times how much the other hotel would cost and where was it? Pedro reassured me that it was in the same neighbourhood ‘just around the corner' and includes breakfast, after many times of asking Pedro stated our stay would only cost 20 euros more. We then got a taxi to the new hotel which was not that close meaning we were much further out of town and could not walk into the centre. Our fee for House Sao Bento was 75 euros per night so we were expecting the new hotel to be a little more. Upon arrival we were told no booking was made and the cost would be 150 euros per night without breakfast. Given it was two minutes to midnight we had no choice and coughed up the money.

It occurred on: 29/06/2019

This meant that angry, let down, lied to, ignored, ushered out of the hotel, treated like excess baggage

i want to know what Hotels.com think should happen. I am disgusted by the idea that a hotel can make a phone call, speak to someone who denies a booking and then re-book the room with no further contact. then lie to us about another hotel price.