Having problems with Hotels.com?

Hotels.com Customer Service Contacts

800 246 8357 (United States)
800 807 6641 (United States)
800 224 6835 (Canada)
1800 11 142 079 (Phillipines)
+1 417 521 0845 (United States)
+44 203 024 8216 (United Kingdom)
+61 280 662 747 (Australia)
+64 99 151 135 (New Zealand)
+43 810 310 803 (Austria)
+32 22 008 524 (Belgium)
+45 43 682 330 (Denmark)
+353 16 569 439 (Ireland)
+31 207 006 039 (Netherlands)
+351 707 201 282 (Portugal)
+41 445 118 477 (Switzerland)
+20 800 844 1089 (The Middle East)
+27 214 277 778 (South Africa)
+852 30 774 856 (Hong Kong)
+65 68 185 638 (Singapore)
+82 234 800 145 (South Korea)
+54 115 354 2374 (Argentina)
+44 203 564 5228 (Other Countries)
5400 LBJ Freeway, Suite 500
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hotels.com Customer Service. Initial Hotels.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hotels.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hotels.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Hotels.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Hotels.com And Clarion Hotelhotels.com and clarion hotel

Booked 2 managers into Clarion Hotel through Hotels.com. Their flight was delayed and they didn't arrive at the hotel until 2:00 am anxious for 4 hours of sleep prior to a scheduled meeting. There was no one at the front desk and no one in any of the common areas. They searched and called out. When no one was found, they had to leave to find another hotel. After contacting Hotels.com which was a combination of 3 hours of phone calls listening to horrible music and messages, I was told I could have a voucher for my next booking at hotels.com. LIKE I WOULD USE THEM AGAIN! I then called the Clarion Hotel and was told by the manager, Michelle, that her employees have worked there for 7 years and that the only time they leave the desk is to go to the bathroom. Will not use hotels.com or Clarion hotels again. I will attempt to contact Choice Hotels which owns Clarion only to advise them of the incompetancy of this particular hotel. I don't expect much to come of the complaint, but feel they need to know that if an employee needs to go to bathroom, then thiefs will have open reign on their hotels.

Hotels.comunauthorized transaction

In March I gave my debit card number to Hotels.com to make a reservation for a spring break trip for my kids & youth pastors fm our church. In the course of a conversation that lasted approximately 30 minutes I ended up telling the Hotels.com rep to cancel the transaction as they did not have sufficient rooms to accommodate the three families traveling together as their website had indicated. At the beginning of the conversation they had three rooms available, I gave my information, I was put on an extended hold only to have a rep inform me when she returned that only 1 room was available with absolutely no other explanation. I told the rep that was unacceptable, cancelled the entire transaction and hung up. Hotels.com forwarded this illegitimate transaction to the hotel anyway and I was charged for a no show. There is no confirmation on my part that this "reservation" was ever authorized.

• Mf
        MFavor Jun 24, 2011

Brenda: is correct. But I say never uses Hotels.com I have been screwed before and their customer service is terrible.

• Su
        sunshinek67 Jun 25, 2011

Already called them, they won't take responsibility. Wonder if I should file a case in small claims court? Forget about it & write off the loss?

• Su
        sunshinek67 Jun 25, 2011

Wells Fargo told me today that since I gave out my debit card number that is considered an authorized transaction, regardless of product/service delivered. Wells Fargo has their own set of problems I know. Have been banking with them since 1999 and this is how they treat their longtime customers.

• Mr
        mrs white Jul 31, 2011

yeah i am going through the same issue with hotels.com but they dont tell me anything they place me on hold and then hang up on me i called my cc company and they have removed the charge and they are investigating hotels.com for this never use these people

Venere.comHotel booking

We had made a booking in a hotel Villa Campana in Siofok, Hungary through venere.com and recd confirmation. But when we reached the hotel therewas no such booking. The owner said that there was no room available and she had communicated us this through venere but I did not recieve any such mail. To add to this venere is not replying to my emails and is not even apologising for this mistake. It was a really bad experience and I am never going to deal with venere.com again

Hotels'we want free& stay two separate times earn one night free

I had stayed at the Quality Inn on Bay St on two separate times, gave the receptionist my choice club card at the time of arrival and made the assumption that I would qualify for the free night. When I checked out on the second stay I asked the receptionist to clarify the signage at the front desk. There was a huge sign saying "We want Free" stay two separate time and earn one free night. I asked her to ensure that my card was swiped as I wanted to use it the next time I came to the Sault. As she looked over my account she noticed that the clerk had added my choice club card in the correct area so it did not show up adding any points she added that the new clerks do not know how to add the old cards to our new system. She recommended that I call choice club to get an updated card. As I am not in your business I am not sure what that means . I got the card in 1996 I have not moved since that time my card number is 221050. She told me that who ever took the information from my card had done it incorrectly but she would fix it. I told her that I have stayed with an affiliate hotels for the last 9 months at least once a month does that mean that none of those stays have been recognized? She could not answer that question for me. She did rectify the issue at their hotel where I stay the two separate times to quality. I certainly hope that you will provide me with at least the one free night. I will call to fix the problem with the out dated card.

Thank you for your time.

• Pi
            piercamillo Nov 17, 2010

HOTELS RESERVATIONS

• Pi
            piercamillo Nov 17, 2010

CAN WE DO ANITHING TOGETHER TO HAVE THE MONEY BACK--LEGAL CLASS ACTION...BANK...POLICE...OTHER
            AGAINST DAMNED HOTELVISION?

• In
            Ingrid Doyon Jun 22, 2011

I called head office after I posted my complaint. They rectified my issue and gave me the promotion. There was a merger in 2005 and I had an old card which there system do not recognize my old card and therefore created this problem . My new card be arriving shortly. Connie was very helpful and pleasant to work with. For some reason they had the wrong mailing address for my new card. I will be able to use my free stay on my next visit.

Thanks Ingrid Doyon

Hotelclub.comAvoid this website at all costs

In March 2011 I made and paid (using my credit card) for a hotel reservation for my daughter and her husband through this site. Upon presentation of the printed voucher to the hotel, my daughter was informed that there was no reservation. In fact, the hotel had never heard of HotelClub. Fortunately, there was a room available, and the hotel agreed to wait until my daughter's checkout three days later, before demanding payment. The reservation never arrived, so my daughter had to pay for the room with her own credit card. My card was charged $211, and I am in the process of disputing the charge. Thus far, HotelClub has only submitted to my credit card company a copy of the reservation Confirmation/Receipt which of course is no help at all. Do not utilize this site!

Hotels.com Canada — billing

I called the toll free number and booked a hotel room with taxes for $115 for 1 night. I did not receive an...

Hotels.com — double charged for room - got to pay higher charge

My family and I booked a FOUR-PERSON hotel room at the Hilton Hotel in Times Square, NYC for April 21-23. I...

Hotels.comterrible service and incompetent staff!!

Booked a room through Hotels.com, received a confirmation/email, arrived to hotel and hotel had no record of reservations, referred to call customer service at hotels.com, was put on hold for an excess of 20 mins each time, then disconnected, after 5 reps, finally got a rep who told me there was a problem with my payment even though they debited total amount from my accnt the same day I booked, missed an engagement I was in Vegas for and matter wasn't resolved until the next day. I have never had an experience this horrible dealing with travel sites. Will never use these folks again!! Sent an email detailing my experience and still no reponse from company.

• Fc
                fcmonkey Oct 06, 2011

Before booking with hotels.com call and ask to speak to a supervisor. You will be given the run-around and then disconnected. Everytime. I simply needed a detailed reciept to claim my travel/lodging at work. The hotel I stayed at couldn't give me a reciept because it was booked through a third party. Please call [protected] first, see how they treat customers and then make your decision.

Hotels.comDouble-booking scam

Made a reservation through hotels.com (aka Expedia). They double-booked the room which I discovered only after I arrived. I've spent the last month, probably 4 hours on the phone, trying to get them to credit my account for their mistake. I've contacted the hotel manager. They've contacted the hotel manager who's said that the reservation was an error, and hotels.com said they have a record of this. The last excuse they gave me was that they could only credit me when I was on the line and they had the manager on the line, too. AVOID hotels.com and Expedia!!

AnnKih Oct 25, 2011

On June 8, 2011 we made a reservation through Hotels.com for check in on September 10, 2011 (3 months away). The Cancellation policy states: "Cancellations or changes made before 4:00PM on September 9, 2011 are subject to a hotel fee equal to the first night's rate plus taxes and fees." we understood this to mean that cancellations prior to September 9 would give us our full refund (standard refund policy for hotel reservations), and starting September 9, 2011 (12am) the one day charge would be in effect. We ended up cancelling our reservation prior to September 9, and we were billed $194 (one night fee). We spoke to Hotels.com customer service and we were told that this was the actual Hotel Policy. We then called the hotel, and learned this was untrue. It is Hotels.com that charges the one night fee for cancellation of reservations. We disputed this charge with our Credit Card company (American Express). They were informed by Hotels.com that when customers make reservations and authorize the charge to their credit cards, they are agreeing to the terms and conditions.

We agreed to the terms and conditions stated "Cancellations or changes made before 4:00PM on September 9, 2011 are subject to a hotel fee equal to the first night's rate plus taxes and fees." It is Hotels.com that is implementing the Policy language in an abusive manner.

I conducted a general search of online complaints against Hotels.com, and there are many other individuals who have experienced the same charges. Many customers made reservations, cancelled within minutes, and were charged!!!

If my charge, as one individual was $194. Then I can only imagine the total amount of revenue Hotels.com is collecting by wrongly implementing their policy language.

Hotels.com — bait and switch pricing

Sorry I didn't read the complaints before I booked a room in South Carolina. The reservationist spoke...

Hotels.com — Did not honour confirmed booking

On the 1st of February we confirmed a booking with Hotels.com for accommodation in April. On the 11 April...

Venere.com — Refuse to honor confirmation of booking

I recently made two bookings for Hotel Seven Days in Prague through Venere.com. I used two different credit...

Hotels.comharrassment

I paid for 2 rooms in Tahoe in July, 2010. Hotels.com did not represent the hotel correctly on their website at the time and I ended up paying more than anticipated. I disputed the charge with my credit card. They investigated but found in favor of Hotels.com so they posted the charge to my statement in September, 2010. I paid it in full that month. However, in February, 2011, I received a collection notice from a collection agency saying I owed that money to Hotels.com. I attempted to explain that i had paid it and they sent HOtels.com the information, however they still harrassed me. After talking to someone at Hotels.com who said they had no information regarding my booking, I called the collection agency again who gave me a fax number to send my credit card statement to. After that I haven't heard from anyone as of yet. Horrible experience with Hotels.com. Would definitely recommend to stay away from this company.

Venere.comI would be very cautious about the quality of hotels on this site

Looks like a nice site at first glance, but I went ended up booking a hotel through this site and then upon arrival at the hotel had a very bad experience with their service, so much so that I didn't want to stay there anymore. I paid for one night's stay, and left disappointed. I later went back to Venere to write a review of my experience, but Venere wouldn't let me, no matter how much I asked. It seemed they wanted to protect the hotel instead of the helping the mistreated customer! I would be very cautious about the quality of hotels on this site.

Hotels.comprice match bogus

I was looking for a hotel in Keystone, CO for my husband and I for Presidents' Day weekend (18-21 Feb, 2011) and found a hotel we thought we'd like on several sites. Priceline had it cheaper (without bidding), but as we had had success with Hotels.com before, I decided to call them to see if they would match the price (per their website guarantee). The representative verified the price I had found on Priceline (over $131.00 less) and said they would match it. My clue that this was not going to go well, came next, and I should have run... she said they were going to charge the original amount and then a credit would be run, within 2 hours, to get to the adjusted amount (as she could not do it). Well, 8 days later, still no credit. This is after 3 phone calls and as many emails. I've now gotten my credit card company involved, particularly after the last call to Hotels.com 24-hour customer service line. I got a frontline representative, so was very quick to say that as I had been at this for a week, I needed to talk with a supervisor. She left the phone for several minutes and then came back and said none were available. I asked if that meant none were there, her comment, "No, helping other customers." She did not/would not give me the option to hold. DO NOT USE hotels.com (and as they are affiliated with EXPEDIA, I'd say not use them either).

• Ds
                        dsunrise Nov 12, 2011

I tried to reserve a room in Las Vegas. The website offered a rate. When paying for the rate, it went up more then double. I did not complete the reservation and called them up. I spoke with a agent and he confirmed the price on the website. He told me that he confirmed with price gaurantee department and that I had to pay the higher price, then they would turn around and credit the price difference back. I bought it. They didnt credit me back, and customer service told me there were no notes in the booking and they couldnt verify the lower rate on their own website. They said they would honor nothing due to not being able to verify anything. Total rude broken english losers

Andrew Tan Jun 04, 2013

I just had a similar experience. Booked for 5 nights at Montien Hotel, Bangkok and the price was Baht17, 324.95. Later, saw the same thing on HotelTravel.com for Baht12, 856.10. Called Hotels.com to claim on their price guarantee and the guy went to HotelTravel.com site. He filled a similar booking and in fact came up with a even lower price of Baht 9k+ . He however stated that there was a statement at the bottom of that site that stated the currency of billing is USD. Based on this statement, he claimed that their price guarantee requires everything to be similar and therefore they could not honour a claim. I tried to reason that billing currency does not mean that this site is offering a lower rate. He insisted that their guarantee condition requires everything to be the same. I read their terms and conditions and replied that their terms just said the itinerary must be the same and since billing currency does not affect itinerary, it is not relevant. He insisted the condition is applicable and the competition's booking price is not exactly similar for the guarantee to apply. I replied that this is illogical. He even went to the extent to state that in business it is very common to have things that appear illogical. This reservation organisation is really a scam.

Hotels.compoor customer service

I booked a reservation through hotels.com that says it has a price match guarentee. When I found a lower price at another website I called to tell them about it and have them match this price. They rudely refused to do so and kept saying "We''ll just cancel your reservation for you." Some price match guarentee. There is NO guarentee here! I was kept on the phone for a long time while the agent talked to her immediate boss. She was rude, argumentative and flat-out lied to me several times during our conversation. She even refused to furnish her direct bosses name, saying I don't have a boss here when in fact I heard her talking in Spanish to him in the background. They hung up on me several times and kept trying to get rid of me rather than matching the price I found. This operation is a joke! DO NOT use hotels.com for any of your travel needs. You will be very frustrated and ripped off by their lies and inability (or unwillingness) to follow through on their promises!

• Al
                          Alcatrazdan Jan 10, 2011

Looking at what their price match guarantee is, http://service.hotels.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5652/session/L3NpZC8xQVJ5d0hqaw%3D%3D/sno/0 I'd say they satisfied what they said they'd do by canceling your reservation for free so you can book with someone else.

mareenewzealand Apr 11, 2011

Irrespective of whether Hotels.com satisfied their terms and conditions in this instance, I agree with the complainant, this company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. When trying to resolve an issue we were passed around various people for over two hours I was even hung up on once. This company is not worth using if you value being treated like a human being.

• Vi
                          Vincedane Oct 09, 2011

A three night hotel stay was not booked to my account. I contacted customer service and was promised, in email, that my account would be corrected within 48 hours. Well, 384 hours and counting, and two emails later, my account has not been corrected. They have had ample time to make this right and no longer respond to me. In reading others' comments it appears that they just don't care about the customer.

Hotelclub.com — Hotelclub.com uses the bait a switch scam

I started using this Website recently to book hotels for business travel. So far of my two experiences, both...

Hotels.comcancellation

In August 2010 I made hotel reservations through hotels.com. Today I called to cancel them only to learn they were non-refundable. I was told this was on my e-mail confirmation. I went back and looked and sure enough it was there. However, I was NEVER told these were non-refundable while booking the reservations or I never would have done it. Being told something is non-refundable after you already paid for it is wrong and unethical. I spent over an hour on the phone tonight trying to speak to a supervisor with no success. I was once put on hold for 20 minutes before I hung up to call back and was disconnected twice due to no answer from a supervisor. I would not reccomend anyone using hotels.com.

• Da
                            Danamore May 23, 2011

Hotels.com is a tricky website. I put in certain dates and during the search, the dates defaulted to the wrong dates. I immediately called the hotel which I booked. However, I failed to cancel within the 2 hour limit at the website. I am being charged for their mistake. They will not refund my $241. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the person argued with me and refused to give the phone to the supervisor. They are thieves!

Hotels.combad business practice

I made on line reservations for $90.00 per night based on Hotels.com photos and descriptions of the hotel. When I got there I was very disappointed. The room was filthy & it smelled + I did not feel secure leaving my car in the parking lot none the less staying there with my family due to the people loitering in the parking lot. I explained the situation with the desk clerk and he informed me that there is nothing that he can do about a refund and I'd have to call Hotels.com.(During all this a woman was checking in with a newspaper coupon for $15.00 less for the same type of room). After 15 minutes of phone calls. Hotels.com would not give me a refund. I explained that I was not staying the night and I want a refund. They would not budge. I refused to give up and called back...Hotels.com said, "We will give you a 50% discount and vouchers worth $45.00 for future bookings". I agreed, and drove to a different hotel that I found in a discount travel guide. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS... When I received my credit card statement they inflated the room charge to $135.00 then gave the 50% discount. I immediately called American Express & disputed the overcharge & I was redeemed. Oh...by the way...I never received any vouchers in the mail. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS. They should look up the meaning of the word "Guaranteed" like they state in their ads.

AnnKih Oct 25, 2011

Hotels.comthey say on the website no penalty for cancellation but they don't mean it because they take it away from you with the small print

Watch out for hotels.com they say on the website no penalty for cancellation but they don't mean it because they take it away from you with the small print. You are much better off finding a hotel and getting the room directly from them. Remember hotels.com is a rip off!!!

• Tu
                                Tuperdi2 Sep 21, 2010

As a hotel employee, do not book through 3rd parties... If you book through the hotel directly you will get the most accurate information, and all information would be provided to you by an employee of that hotel. 3rd Parties get commission when booking reservations, so of course they will promise you the world. When you arrive at the hotel your stuck to deal with whatever situation the 3rd party puts you in. Don't pay someone to do a job you can do easily...