Having problems with Hotels.com?

Hotels.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 10, 2007. The latest review No refund from hotel because they closed due to Covid was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint miscommunication between hotels.com and the charterhouse hotel hong kong was resolved on Aug 22, 2019. Hotels.com has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 647 reviews. Hotels.com has resolved 45 complaints.

Hotels.com Customer Service Contacts

800 246 8357 (United States)
800 807 6641 (United States)
800 224 6835 (Canada)
1800 11 142 079 (Phillipines)
+1 417 521 0845 (United States)
+44 203 024 8216 (United Kingdom)
+61 280 662 747 (Australia)
+64 99 151 135 (New Zealand)
+43 810 310 803 (Austria)
+32 22 008 524 (Belgium)
+45 43 682 330 (Denmark)
+353 16 569 439 (Ireland)
+31 207 006 039 (Netherlands)
+351 707 201 282 (Portugal)
+41 445 118 477 (Switzerland)
+20 800 844 1089 (The Middle East)
+27 214 277 778 (South Africa)
+852 30 774 856 (Hong Kong)
+65 68 185 638 (Singapore)
+82 234 800 145 (South Korea)
+54 115 354 2374 (Argentina)
+44 203 564 5228 (Other Countries)
5400 LBJ Freeway, Suite 500
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hotels.com Customer Service. Initial Hotels.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hotels.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hotels.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Hotels.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Hotels.com Complaints & Reviews, Page 22

Hotels.com — unauthorized credit card charge

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to respond to my email I did contact hotel.com she place a...

Hotels.commia sold room.

I have a booking at the ibis style grovsnor hotel.

It's clearly states a city view room...I look out into a narrow dark courtyard onto ugly painted brink wall.

This has been mis-sold. I was offered a full refund I searched websites but the city of Adelaide is all fully booked for the next few days.

I'm having a room change today however I refuse to pay for this room on the grounds of it being mid-sold.

I don't care who's fault it is hotels.com or Ibis but You need to fight it out who is responsible for the incorrect room allocation which was meant to be a "Queen room with city views" .

Please advise who will be refunding my 1st stay Ibis or hotels.com?

You'll see from my bookings I travel the world throughout January / February each year and use various third parties to book my room with including yourself Expedia/hotels.com.

My confirmation is the legal document confirming queen room with city views I request my refund and answers who is responsible for this shambolic mistake...the hotel manager was not helpful and only said complain to the third party you booked with.

Regards

Leslie Bell.

mia sold room.

Hotels.com — a customer called to book a room...

Incident date: january 24th 2018 I own "du repos bed and breakfast" in st quentin nb. A client called...

Hotels.comrefused a refund on their obvious mistake

At first, I made a reservation for Hampton Inn through Hotels.com, and then I requested to Hotels.com to modify check-in date.
    Hotels.com processed my request with pleasure and sent me a confirmation email.
    I TRUSTED them.
    But at the d-day(changed date), I found out my reservation was not changed and I missed first reservation as "No Show"
    I had to purchase a night again at the front desk ( it was almost midnight ).
    To leave a record for the second purchase, I made a purchase through Hotels.com again.
    The next day I claimed to Hotels.com about the mistakes they made.
    BUT they refused to give me a refund on my lost money because of their mistakes.
    This is their obvious mistake. I have received a confirmation email regarding changed date from Hotels.com.

Hotels.com — cancellation and charges to credit card after hotel booking was cancelled.

I booked a reservation for a hotel in NYC; I booked this reservation at the beginning of the year, and at the...

Hotels.comexpired hotel nights

Hello,
      I am writing about my reward hotel nights. Apparently the hotel nights expired 1 month ago, and not the company cannot do anything to re-activate or give me back my EARNED hotel nights. I will be filling a complaint with the BBB requesting compensation for my costs. The representatives were able to provide me a $100 voucher to compensate me for 14 nights worth of hotel stays. This is absurd. Please reach out confirming that my earned nights have been re-instated. best,
      KD

• Sh
          Shaun R. Dec 30, 2017

Hi Kam.

Was the time limit to use said nights disclosed? There's nothing wrong with contacting the Better Business Bureau, but one should remember that it has no legal standing. The question is whether they had the ability to limit the time to use this offer.

Hotels.comhotel booking

I sent in my complaint and request for a partial refund on11/28/2017 and again on 12/12/2017 and was told someone would get back to me on both occasions. REQ:M-1904605. It is 7:30 p.m. EST on 12/15/2017 and I have still not heard from anyone. I have contacted NBC (local Hartford). They have a segment where they air the issues and contact the merchant (in this case Hotels.com) and try and remedy the situation. They are reviewing my complaint to determine if it will air. Their number is (844) 303-RESP. I am sending a copy of this correspondence to Fairfield Inn by Marriott because they were mentioned in my complaint. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am in your organization. If my segment is aired, think of the negative publicity that both you and Fairfield Inn by Marriott will receive. And the irony is, if you refer to the complaint, you would agree. Joseph Oddie [protected]

Hotels.comstarowislna 20/1 krakow 31-032 pl

Hello

We booked into the cosey apartment on 7th Dec 20017. The complaint is about excessive noise from builders working on parts of the property. This begun before 0800 on Friday 8th December and Saturday 9th December, and included loud machinery, workman shouting and their loud radio playing in the courtyard immediately between the apartment and neighbours. We were not informed about any building work or associated noise. This had a very significant impact on our stay and ruined our break. Please let me know how I can seek compensation.
          Regards Mrs c. Waites

starowislna 20/1 krakow 31-032 pl

Hotels.comhotels.com customer service

My name is Jenna Buchanan. I have been a devoted customer with Hotels.com for several years now. After the third issue with this company where it has become unbearable, it's time to finally speak out. I travel all of the of the time for my work being a Department of Transportation employee as well as on my own for pleasure.

I recently got married and received at least 240 dollars in Gift cards towards hotels.com.
            We applied those gift cards to our account 1 week ago and when we tried to use it tonight, There was no balance accumulated. We spent two hours on the phone with customer service. They bounced us from department to department. Two managers said they couldn't help me and as I was speaking my concerns to them they transferred me to apartments and people that I have already talked to while I was still talking. I am absolutely appalled with the lack of concern and willingness to help customers. I will make sure everyone in my field is aware of the lack of concern and sensitivity that Hotels.com has for its customers.
            Please feel free to reach out to me at [protected]@gmail.com

Thanks,
            Jenna Buchanan

Hotels.com — refund issue

Reference ID No - [protected] - Case ID : [REQ:S-[protected]] This is regarding my hotel reservation for...

Hotels.comrequest for investigation of an unrecognized reservation made by hotels.com

We have tried to resolve this issue by phone with the hotels's respresentative without any success. Two reservations were made by hotels.com [protected] made for Monica Hernandez De La Torre and [protected] Made for Jose Fernandez Hidalgo) at the end of march of 2017. Suppossed made by phone according to the person we talked to. However, WE NEVER CALLED to make them. We used the website to reserve two rooms at a hotel in Thira (Antonia Apartment in santorini) from September 3rd to September 09th, 2017 which were cancelled about three time as the system was declining the cards provided. One of the cards were charge twice (378, 06 euros and 246.00 euros and set the wrong dates for our stay). No email/ no phone call with confirmation was received ever. (otherwise we have noticed the reservation dates were wrong)

WE REQUESTED HOTELS.COM TO PROVIDE US WITH EVIDENCE OF THE PHONE CALL AND EMAIL SENT CONFIRMING SUCH RESERVACTIONS.

Today November 29th, 2017 that informatuon was DENIED BY THE RESPRESENTATIVE.

We make a request for a full investigation and a FULL REFUND OF THE MONIES.

Thaks for your attention to this email,

Julian Fernandez Urbano
              +[protected]
              [protected]@hotmail.es

MayCase Dec 07, 2017

Hello,

My name is May, I am a case manager at Casemark. I have read your review and I am positive I can help you recover compensation.

We at Casemark want to create a better consumer experience and encourage accountability among businesses. Which means that our goal is to support consumers and provide them with professional representation.

On behalf of many satisfied customers, we were able to successfully negotiate and recover significant compensations in cases similar to yours. We can work on your behalf and recover the financial compensation you are seeking from the company. We take care of all the difficult paperwork and time consuming communication with the companies.

I know that getting compensated is never easy, but we have the knowledge and experience with these kind of cases and we will fight for you every step of the way.

If you are interested in hearing more about the ways we can help you, Please contact me at: [email protected]

Sincerely,
                  May Jackson

Hotels.combooking receipt "[protected]

I am now waiting ten days since I wrote to CheapOair regarding a refund. I paid them $500.26 for three nights 11th - 14th Nov. at Hotel Pennsylvania 401, 7th Ave. N. York. This was the dirtiest hotel I have ever seen. The floor of the shower was so dirty I could not use it. On requesting a change of room from the duty manager he said he did not have one as they were fully booked but would have one the next day. I asked him to look at the room but he said it was not his responsibility. I was charged further taxes of $49.99 on arrival even though I had paid Cheap0air $67.80 taxes. It was now 5.30. p.m. and I was going to the theatre at 7.30. so I had no time to find another hotel. However, I got another hotel the next morning and left as fast as I could. I have written to the N. York Fire Department as there was no evidence of ~Sprinklers and the loose tiles on the ceiling of my room 788, were very suspicious. This room should be barred to tourists until it has been completely refurbished and made safe. None of these defects appear on the hotel's website.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind regards,

Ursula Gormley,
                Dublin,
                Ireland.

Hotels.comcyber monday coupon

I got a cyber Monday coupon this morning for 60% off of a hotel stay in Durant Oklahoma for Choctaw casino resort. I just needed one night Dec. 9th checkout the 10th. It had the price of $247 on it when I went to book it it went to $334. I called and talked with someone about it and he ask for a code, it would not give me a code and the guy said he was sorry there was not anything he could do. If I do not get it for $247 I will contact the Better Business Bureau, because this is false advertising. My name is [removed] phone # [removed]

• Updated by jstat · Nov 27, 2017

• Updated by jstat · Nov 27, 2017

hotel.com does false advertising

Hotels.comhotel service

A recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Kennesaw, Ga. provided a bed for my wife and I, but lacked the full comforts of home. It started with the keys not working and then being without television service for a full day. We arrived from Michigan and really wanted to eat and unwind with some sports and normal television shows.

This incident occurred on 11/24/2017 and we would like a partial refund.
                    The number at the Hotel is [protected]

Hotels.comcustomer service

I'm trTrying to have my rewards points transferred to one account from a different town I'll because my email address has changed and hotels.com is giving me a hard time about me not knowing my own ZIP Code which I've only moved one and they're refusing to give me my rewards and I'm tired of them telling me what I need from them when this is why they have a customer service

Hotels.comnever sue hotels.com to book a hotel in las vegas

Dear Fellow Travelers,
                        We booked our stay at the Rio All Suite Hotel & Casino Las Vegas through HOTELS.com.

When we got to check out on HOTELS.com it said our total would be $142 with all fees for 2 nights.

When we went to check in is when things went side ways with both the RIO and HOTELS.com.

We tried to use the auto kayos to check in at 5:30pm and it said our room was not ready and they would send an email when it was or come back latter…..What is up with that at 5:30 and after driving 300 miles. We had to wait in the line for 20 minutes to see someone at the check in desk.

Now is when things take a big turn for the worse…The guys tells us we must pay a resort fee of $66…We told him we had paid it when we booked the room…He said no we did not. We showed him our confirmation email. He told us that the EXTRA $73 fee was charged by HOTELS.com and did not apply to the resort fees. So we had to give him a credit card for the $66 before we where given room keys.

With this extra payment our room now cost us $208 not $141

He said the $73 was a charge HOTELS.com charged us and he did not know what it was for. We ask him how much the room be if we booked it with the Rio directly and he said $148 total.

(Below I am giving you a LONG story short)
                        So when we got to our room I called HOTELS.com (I have used them for over 10 years to book all my hotels) once someone answered my call at HOTELS.com he put me on hold many times. He finally said that the $73 was for the 3rd person, and it was a charge to Rio would collect from them. I told him that was not what the Rio told us, and we wanted HOTELS.com to refund us the $73. He check with the Rio and they told him they did not charge a fee for a 3rd person.

He said no way would HOTELS.com refund us because it was a charge that was in the fine print for a 3rd person when we booked. I ask to talk to his supervisor, this is when things got WORSE. She was very RUDE and said that we had nothing to talk about and that I could go on line and complain but they would not refund me for the charge even it the Rio did not charge them

The total time I was on the phone trying to get a charge the RIO would not have charged with HOTELS.com was 61 minutes.

Trust me when I say these 2 things.
                        #1 this is a very short part of the long story
                        #2 I am the person who takes care of the travel for my wife and I, AND also for my company and one of my customers company and have book well over a 100 nights through HOTELS.com….unless they fix this they will NEVER get another booking from me or any company I book for. I will just go back to Hotwire.com

So traveler be where when using HOTELS.com

Martin

• Po
                            pobarjenkins Nov 16, 2017

Did you ask them where the fine print was that stated about the third person charge?

Hotels.comhotel bentleys colaba mumbai

We booked Bentleys hotel in Colaba this morning (9th November). We paid around 3000 rupees. When we arrived the person from hotel reception took us to our room. And the best way to describe it - it looked like a prison cell. We then laid down and tried to accept that we will only be staying here one night and we can't expect any luxury for the money we paid until I noticed many spiders and other insects on the wall and on the bed. Besides that I went to use the bathroom and it was flooded.
                          However I then went back to the receiption and informed the staff about my problem. They were happy to help and offered me another room which was just as bad as the previous one. On the way out we noticed many other rooms that fit the pictures we've seen on the website hence why we booked it. We went back to the reception and they decided to show us another room which was in the building they first said was fully booked... it seemed like a room the hotel staff would use for their own use as if wasn't clean.
                          The pictures on booking.com in no way match the actual rooms in the hotel.
                          With regret I had to leave the place and waste my money time to try to find and new place to spend a night in Mumbai.
                          I will leave a very bad review and will never return to this hotel again and I hope the other travelers don't fall in the same trap as we did.

Regards
                          Ilze Krastina
                          Booking reference [protected]

Hotels.combooking hotel

I am unsure if this is the correct contact for my complaint.

I have recently learnt that hotels.com is an affiliate of expedia Inc. Therefore, I figured contacting the main company would result in better customer service.

Myself (pregnant) my husband our 8 month old daughter and our family dog used hotels.com to book a hotel this past Friday November 3rd. We booked a room with two beds and a crib at the red roof in, in Lansing Michigan.

We arrived around 11 pm after a long drive from Brantford ontario in Canada. We were tired and ready to get our daughter down for a nights sleep. While checking in the front desk was unable to find our reservation for a while. Once they finally found it they informed us that we had cancelled our reservation through expedia the night before. (We most definatly had not) then we were informed that they are completely booked for the night. Now it is midnight standing in the lobby with a tired fussy 8 months old and great Dane stuck in our minivan for 7 hours now. It is not a good feeling when you are exhausted and have your entire family depending on you And being told your hotel room you booked ahead of time is gone.

My husband called hotels.com that said we still had a reservation. Eventually a room was found for us and we got to the room to find that there was no crib. Initially I assume oh they just havent put it in the room yet and send my husband down again to get one while I try to nurse our exhausted fussy daughter. (It is now 1 am I should add)

My husband returns to tell me that the front desk says they do not have any cribs at all. Not that they are all being used but that they do not even provide cribs at this location.

So my husband gets back on the phone to speak with hotels.com who when we booked assured us that there would be a crib available for us to use. If they had of said they do not provide cribs we would have packed our own. The customer service agent told my husband that was a special request and subject to availability. Which frankly is just ridiculous because they do not even own cribs at this particular location So It should not be an option at all while booking.
                            A crib is not a special request like Bath robe. A crib is a safety equipment that ensures parents their infant is in a safe location throughout the night.
                            When my husband complained on the phone he was offered a 30 doller coupon for our next stay with hotels.com which to be honest is just absolutely insulting. Our daughters safety is worth 30 bucks to your company?

So now myself being pregnant and exhausted after a long drive has no where safe for my infant daughter to sleep ( putting her in a bed is not a safe option for several reasons. One she could roll out of the bed and seriously hurt herself. Two our 150 pound dog often jumps onto beds and in the dark she is at risk of him accidentally jumping onto her. And three myself and husband are both exhausted and it is unsafe o co sleep with your infant while that tired as we could roll over and suffocate her, something that happens to many infants in North America each year. All risks I am unwilling to make! But hotels.com forced our family into this sittuation)

My husband told the customer service agent how ridiculous is it as a large company that we were not offered a refund. We were then told yes you can get a refund... if we leave the premises. Yes because leaving at 2 am exhausted and driving our entire family elsewhere is a safe option.

Since we were so disgusted with the lack of compassion given by your company for the horrible situation you put us into my husband refused your 30 doller coupon offer because to accept that is just offensive.

Naturally as a mother when I was finally able to calm my daughter and get her to sleep i sat awake throughout the entire night to ensure her safe sleep something I regretfully thought hotel.com had promised us.
                            Not not only did your company put my daughter's safety at risk once with unsafe sleeping arrangements but now myself and husband did not sleep through the night and needed to get up and drive an extremely long 7 plus hours on basically zero sleep with our daughter in the vehicle which is now putting her life at risk yet again.

So I ask you this expedia, you claim the whole purpose of your services is to make finding and booking hotels and easy seamless process for your customers. We put our family in your hands and you failed us. You did not stand up to offer us what we were told we booked you caused so much stress and frustration but most important your risked my daughter's life.

If my daughter rolled out of the bed and broke a bone or our dog jumped on her accidentally and caused serious ingurey or myself or husband rolled over and suffocated her or the next morning myself or husband fell asleep at the wheel causing an accident would your 30 doller coupon cut it?

We contracted for a room with 2 beds and a crib. After confusion stress and a waste of time we received a room with 2 beds and no crib. That is not what we agreed to pay for and we do not feel that we should have to pay one single doller for that horrible night!

We are a hard working family that does not get away often and we looked forward to that weekend as our first getaway with our daughter making great memories and we had the absolute worst time!

I am extremely disappointed with your companies customer service and plan to spread this story with all of our family friends and colleagues as well as social media. Using hotels.com or expida Inc affiliate companies has turned out to be nothing but a hassle and calling speaking directly with the hotels and booking on your own would have been much more successful.

Hotels.comdusni apartments prague

To whom it may concern,
                              Firstly, My friend and i were absolutely Appauled to arrive at Dusni Apartments to find no clear instructions to check in. We had to call the UK hotels.com hotline where the woman on the end of the phone was equallly unsure. First she told us to hold the line, we waited for approximately 10 minutes for her to return back on the line and tell us someone was on their way. We waited and waited. We called the number again and were then told we had to walk 15 minutes away to collect the key!  Strolling back through the email it was not clear or easily found where to collect the keys.
                              After wasting a good 2 hours we finally go into our apartment.
                              You can imagine our horror to discover the bathroom was NOT IN THE ROOM.
                              This was stated  NO WHERE while booking this apartment.  The bathroom was through across the public hallway and through a LOCKED DOOR into another seperate apartment?! As you can imagine we were fuming to have to walk through the PUBLIC hallway to shower let alone to use the toilet at night and having to take a key. This also meant there was no taps or water in the room, highly inconvenient especially as the room had a "kitchette". In addition to this the apartment in which we had to enter to get to the bathroom had 3 guys staying in it! So we had to go into their front  door to use the toilet. This is appauling and made us both feel VERY uncomfortable.
                              My next point, our room had an opening to the guys apartment. There was a sliding door in the room which we initially thought was the bathroom. On opening it we discovered a flimsy door which was the apartment next door! NOT SAFE AT ALL, let alone making it very noisy having three lads next door. We also questioned if they had access to our room.
                              This whole situation is atrocious and should ALL be listed  CLEARLY on hotels.com, but nothing, not even in the small print. It made both my friend and i, both female feel very uncomfortable and we spent 3 restless nights struggling to sleep due to pratically being inside the apartment next door with the loud voices.
                              To top all of this Hotels.com had listed free toiletries and bottled water which were nowhere to be seen.
                              I expect some sort of compensation for this inconvenience as it has hugely damped our prague experience. I am a gold rewards member with hotels, and been a loyal customer and have never encountered such an issue wherever i have stayed.  I have not even returned to the UK yet and feel the strong need to highlight this problem.

Hotels.commotel james, new york

Dear Hotels.com:

Thank you for refunding my account for this establishment but would like to let you know that this was unacceptable and truly was an inconvenience. Waking up at 3am to find multiple bites and finding at least 11 bed bugs crawling around the bed after they had attacked, we immediately ironed all our clothes and cleaned every article we brought into your establishment, thus leaving items that we didn't want to risk cross contaminating into our vehicle and bringing the bedbugs to our home.

After getting up early to travel upstate New York, a long day of travel and site-seeing then having to leave abruptly with little to no sleep was not only an inconvenience but needing to drive home in the rain and no sunlight put our lives at risk.

I take matters like this seriously as a consumer and guest. Your business markets establishments who's Main responsibility is to provide a safe, clean sleeping quarter for guests who travel near or far. Please know that this is no way your fault but understand that your are also marketing an establishment that is irresponsible and could have jeapardized lives.

Best,