Complaints & Reviews

unauthorized charge

This card was sent to me. I thought it was a credit card but you can know purchase from their website. On top of that, they debited my checking account $29.95 and caused my account to get an overdraft fee of $30. This is a rip off and I am demanding a refund of monies owed to me.

• Wi
    wifi8827 Dec 07, 2013

it is clearly stated on their site that it is NOT a credit card. Yes it is a rip-off, but you agreed to their terms and conditions and will not get a refund.

fraudulent company

This website claims they will help you build your credit and you will receive a credit card with a $500.00 limit. However when you do, it's for an online shopping network through their company only. I didn't even know what it was when I got it. I thought I was receiving a legit credit card. When i called the company to get refunded my charges for this card, they tried to up my credit limit for their shopping website to $1, 000 with 0% interest. These items arent that great and are only available through them. I never wanted this card in the first place but still was charged a $29.95 initial fee and an additional monthly fee this month for $24.95. They would only refund the current fee. They wont go beyond 30 days for refunds. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SITE. These employees for the most part read from a script and are told to sell their service. At least I was refunded for the one month but will not fall for this again!

no understanding

i just got this card in the mail today and i didn't even have money on my card to buy it, but i get this card and don't understand why so i called the company and they automatically increased the credit to 1000 dollars because i'm asking questions then try to give me a free 50 dollar to spend in the store online but i'm like if this is a credit card how in the hell i cant go to a store in my city and make a PURCHASE so then i ask why do i need a different card for shipping if you give me credit then this should already be taken care of then i was rushed off the phone and hung up on and now when i call back i'm getting all voice mail, so i did an indepth research and find this, i'm with you guys if i can sue for mental anguish, pain and suffering or somthing then i'm down

fraudulent charges to my account

I briefly looked at their website and got partway through the registration, but I never clicked accept as it looked to much like a scam. I closed the browser window and moved on. I was never sent a card, as I shouldn't have, but I've seen a charge on my account 3 times from Horizon. How do I make it stop and get my money back for a service I never even signed up for?

• Ca
    cateyezz69 Aug 17, 2013

i did the same thing-looked at my account today n found the had taken the money-i never went through the whole process of getting this card but took the money anyways

cancel and refund

I thought this was a real credit card such as visa or mastercard not some card to purchase junk with. I want...

scammed!!

Yes total joke u can't buy anything other than not even legit items on the site and no selection at all!!! Hahaha! Jokes on us actually I'm not laughing. The stuff on the website they sell in probably old shirts they just wash from the closests of people who work there :( sad yet true scammed for the stupid like me

charged unauthorized fees

My primary card account master card was charged miscellaneous fees with out authorization. Spoke to some one...

scam

This company disguises themselves as a "credit card". I applied for my card to build my credit only to find...

stolen card

the message will go under nathaniel blow the message that i gave it to you. beverly drew 3704 chimney ridgr place durham nc 27713. The nurse claimed to be lost that I do not see it. The card that Sherry Batten, The card that is not to suppose. Home Healthcare. My nurse is 61 years old. She used my card on anything. Reply Nathaniel Blow. I do not recieve the card back. ASAP me back to the company 10311 Kelly Lane Wakefield, Va. 23888. My lady recieved the to me. 29.99 fee pay refund my card back. Cancel the old one and get a new one. Can you recieve an by 8/29 or 8/31. under my address. If you you cannot respond me back under [protected]@hotmail.com.

cancel my card

I don't want this card anymore they lie. I 29.95 has been withdrawn from my debt card two times with in the last 5 days

unsubscribe

This is one of the worst cases of mis-representation I have ever seen. It took a while for me to reach someone, but I was able to finally unsubscribe.. I did receive an e-mail attesting to this fact, and a promise to return the fee. I didn't authorize it in the 1st place that I know of

jodi fram Dec 22, 2015

they also took 29.95 off my mastercard 3 times within 4minutes. in which there was only a 140.00 credit line.I am totally devastated. and need my money right now, my babies will not get anything, , 140.00 is not much when you have a 5 yr old little girl and a 13 yr old son and i am a single mother. I cannot stop crying..Please Help...

canceling my card

I can not cancel my card...I do not use it and i would like them to stop taking money from my bank account.

• Je
    Jeanette Pedroso Jul 31, 2012

I called horizon card services this morning and they canceled my card and gave me a full refund...

jackie Rudolph Feb 04, 2013

I will call at 9am tomorrow Tuesday 2/5/13, I do not want this card. You have pushy sales people. I thought it was a credit card for $500.00, did not know it was a store site?? I did not want to give my debit acct # either that night, did not quite understand the man speaking with me either, and before I know it its being sent, only o get it today Mon 2/4 and find out its a store credit acct. Please put my fee for this back tomorrow am when I call, sorry for any inconvenience this caused, but it is more for me. Jacqueline Rudolph I put my zip 30044. Will be sure to get thru tomorrow am.

refusal to return money taken without my knowledge

I called Horizon Gold Card Company to cancel my card and get the money back they had taken oput of my bank account without my knowledge causing my account to over draw. When I called to cancel they did so but refused to return my money back to me. This company is a complete scam. I never recieved the card or any notice letting me know what they were doing. Do not take out a card with this company. Their only interest is to steal your money and sidestep their way around giving it back.
Nicole

• Ba
    barbara jean brewer Sep 21, 2008

i was in the hosiptal and someone got in my house got on my computer and put all of my info in to get this card and used my bank card and stuff all of belongings was at home when i was in the hosiptal so i want my money back into my caaount or my lawyer will send them a letter thank you barbara brewer 9-22 08 @ 12.33 am

I was told I was getting a secured credit card with $500.00 on it. I would pay them $24.95 per month and build my credit.

I was lead to believe I was approved for a secured credit card with $500.00 on the card. I agreed to pay them $24.95 a month and it wouldchelp rebuild my credit. I never recieved anything from them not even a note or an empty envelope...nothing. They have taken $24.95 from my husbands hard earned money we put on our pre paid credut card. We just recently lost our 4-week old baby girl. I am so heart broken it feels like it is going to eventually kill me. My husband works so hard everyday & I thought I could maybe help out our family, but instead these scam artists are stealing the money he works his butt off for everyday&night. Please help me! We cant afford to lose any more money.

• Wi
    wifi8827 Apr 14, 2012

who told you that it was a credit card and that it would build credit?

It clearly states on their website that it can only be used to buy their junk, and that it will not repair/rebuild credit.

from their terms of agreement on their website:

"The Horizon Gold Merchandise Card credit line can be used exclusively online at thehorizonoutlet.com. Please read complete terms and conditions."

"Upon final processing, your new Horizon Gold Card will be reported to a major credit bureau as an unsecured credit line."

"HORIZON CARD SERVICES ACCOUNT IS A LINE OF CREDIT THAT CAN BE USED BY AN ACCOUNT HOLDER TO SHOP EXCLUSIVELY AT OUR ONLINE SHOPPING WEBSITE."

"HORIZON CARD SERVICES™ DOES NOT CHARGE AN ADVANCED FEE TO ESTABLISH CREDIT, NOR DOES HORIZON CARD SERVICES™ ATTEMPT, OR CLAIM TO ATTEMPT TO REPAIR A CUSTOMER’S CREDIT HISTORY."

seems like they've covered all their bases to me.

• Go
    goodie333 Nov 16, 2013

This card is stupid and they keep taking money out my account I want it back not this ###ing card.

money out of my account

These people are taking money out of my account and I never signed up for their card! I need to contact them...

I want to close this account and terminate the payment of this monthly amount of $19.99

I want to terminate this false card and cancel the monthly payment of $19.99 per month now. This payment should be discontinued now.

non cash credit card

I checked the average credit card website and horizongold card services website appeared which said that I...

unauthorized debit card charge

I received a postactrd in the mail for a guranteed $500 unsecured Net First Credit Line. I went on line and applied for the credit line and it was required that I provide my credit card number and was told that I would not e billed but that is exactly what happened. My debit card was billed $29.95 within about 3 minutes of me inputting my card number.

• Ha
    HARD WORKING1 Oct 25, 2012

I was charged 24.95 in October after I cancelled this card back in June when I called to find out they stated my card was not cancelled and was in the inactive state because I never used. I then asked do you bill your customers a monthly fee they said yes so why wasn't I billed if I never cancelled the card as you stated, silence. I was transferred to 3 different people before I was able to "cancel" when I asked for the reference number I was given 6 digits and then hung up on. THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAM ARTIST!!! UNPROFESSIONAL, UNETHICAL AND I WISH NOTHING BUT HOT COALS ON THEIR HEADS FOR ROBBING THE HARD WORKING PEOPLE TRYING TO MAKE A HONEST LIVING FOR THEIR FAMILIES. SAY NOOOOOOOOOOOOO TO HCS!!!

• Re
    Reviewer16933 Feb 12, 2016

Jaime McMillen
    3903 west 170th street
    Torrance ca 90504

I never applied for this card, never received a card and have two charges from you guys. Please close this account, ASAP! And issue a refund for the 2 charges of 24.95, ASAP.

Jaime McMillen

Comments
    Comments

unauthorized money withdrawl from my account

I recently applied for a credit card with a low max on charges from Horizon Card Services. They have deducted two months so far without my authorization. I am trying to rebuild my credit and how can companies like this one be allowed to do unscrupulous business. If you want to buy something, it has to be from their outlet and they don't offer anything of any use to purchase. Toboggans, tshirts, electrical plugs, etc. Not a thing that I or probably anyone else would want. I am charged $24.95 each month for nothing and I can not get hold of them. They are taking advantage of honest people trying to make an honest living. It is the "Scam of all Scams". One thing that is stressed on credit counseling is to get a small credit card, pay it off every month so you will get a good report on your credit and you get scammed on something like this. Someone needs to do something to stop this and if I could get an address/phone number I would gladly persue this. This really makes my blood boil.

• De
    deezdeez Jul 31, 2011

1-800-251-6144 for that stupid horizon card they card me 24.95 but on debit card umeployment card so they fix stuff like this if u cant contact company. dont have a card

unauthorized account withdrawal

I was just looking into getting a loan on-line, cash advance only, and credit card services kept popping up...