Horizon Gold / Horizon Card Services Logo

Horizon Gold / Horizon Card Services

Having problems with Horizon Gold / Horizon Card Services?

Horizon Gold / Horizon Card Services reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 25, 2007. The latest review Weekly charge for 24.95 and wanting refund for all of these weeks charges and to cancel this for whatever this is? was posted on Dec 13, 2020. The latest complaint non-legit was resolved on Dec 18, 2014. Horizon Gold / Horizon Card Services has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 163 reviews. Horizon Gold / Horizon Card Services has resolved 40 complaints.

Horizon Gold / Horizon Card Services Customer Service Contacts

P.O. Box 1275
Indiana, Pennsylvania

Horizon Gold / Horizon Card Services Complaints & Reviews

Horizon Card Servicesfraud

I received the Horizon Card in March 2012. I never used it as it was not an actual credit card. A few months later I started receiving bills from them for products I did not receive. They called me a few months later, since I would not pay the bills because I did not purchase the items I was being charged for, and I told them just that. After arguing with them over the course of three weeks I was told that the charges were going to be removed from the account and that the account would be closed. Tonight, I reviewed my free credit score and was mortified to realize that not only had the charges not been removed, but the account still has not been closed and it has aided in dropping my credit score by over 200 points!!! Something needs to be done to prevent them from scamming anyone else the way they have scammed me!

• Da
      Dayna Brandt Apr 29, 2014

Our Compnay has received several invoices from this company for and online advertising / directory. We never authorized this service and told them this...nor do they have a signed contract...they keep calling, mailing invoices and threaten collections until you pay...

• Go
      goodie333 Nov 16, 2013

This card is stupid and they keep taking money out my account I want it back not this ###ing card.

• Gi
      ginnaty Jul 18, 2013

I was not aware that this company could just take money out of my account whenever. they have been taking 25 dollars. I am requesting my money back. I will not be using the card cause I thought it was a credit card not an online shopping card.

• Ki
      Kim Smith C Dec 18, 2012

This company took 129 dollars out of my account. It has no phone number. They also keep sending me magazines they said would be free, but I keep getting a bill.

• Wy
      Wynokie Brooks May 13, 2012

This is a total scam!!!I was told that I was to recieve a visa or mastercard (unsecured) with a 500.00 credit limit. It was totally different. It is an online services(order online merchandise only)card. I am currently requesting a refund from my bank!!! Please do not apply for this!!!

• Sh
      Shambala234 Sep 16, 2011

I received a postcard in the mail for a guaranteed $500 unsecured Net First Credit Line. I went on line and applied for the credit line and it was required that I provide my credit card number and was told that I would not e billed but that is exactly what happened. My debit card was billed $29.95 within about 3 minutes of me inputting my card number.

• Bo
      bob hansen Sep 09, 2011

tell me i can improve my credit by using this card well tried top make purchace nothing happened just check my bank statement and was charged 24.00 for what??

• Ta
      tammyw Aug 13, 2009

This is not a credit card . I didnt know this was not a REAL credit card until i called. They were very persistant on me keeping the account . I had to keep telling them cancel, cancel, cancel and finally they said they would credit my bank account, they better! Stay clear of this card!

Horizon Gold Cardunauthorized charge

This card was sent to me. I thought it was a credit card but you can know purchase from their website. On top of that, they debited my checking account $29.95 and caused my account to get an overdraft fee of $30. This is a rip off and I am demanding a refund of monies owed to me.

• Wi
        wifi8827 Dec 07, 2013

it is clearly stated on their site that it is NOT a credit card. Yes it is a rip-off, but you agreed to their terms and conditions and will not get a refund.

Horizon Card Servicesfraudulent company

This website claims they will help you build your credit and you will receive a credit card with a $500.00 limit. However when you do, it's for an online shopping network through their company only. I didn't even know what it was when I got it. I thought I was receiving a legit credit card. When i called the company to get refunded my charges for this card, they tried to up my credit limit for their shopping website to $1, 000 with 0% interest. These items arent that great and are only available through them. I never wanted this card in the first place but still was charged a $29.95 initial fee and an additional monthly fee this month for $24.95. They would only refund the current fee. They wont go beyond 30 days for refunds. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SITE. These employees for the most part read from a script and are told to sell their service. At least I was refunded for the one month but will not fall for this again!

Horizon Card Servicesno understanding

i just got this card in the mail today and i didn't even have money on my card to buy it, but i get this card and don't understand why so i called the company and they automatically increased the credit to 1000 dollars because i'm asking questions then try to give me a free 50 dollar to spend in the store online but i'm like if this is a credit card how in the hell i cant go to a store in my city and make a PURCHASE so then i ask why do i need a different card for shipping if you give me credit then this should already be taken care of then i was rushed off the phone and hung up on and now when i call back i'm getting all voice mail, so i did an indepth research and find this, i'm with you guys if i can sue for mental anguish, pain and suffering or somthing then i'm down

Horizon Card Servicesfraudulent charges to my account

I briefly looked at their website and got partway through the registration, but I never clicked accept as it looked to much like a scam. I closed the browser window and moved on. I was never sent a card, as I shouldn't have, but I've seen a charge on my account 3 times from Horizon. How do I make it stop and get my money back for a service I never even signed up for?

• Ca
              cateyezz69 Aug 17, 2013

i did the same thing-looked at my account today n found the had taken the money-i never went through the whole process of getting this card but took the money anyways

Horizon Gold Card — cancel and refund

I thought this was a real credit card such as visa or mastercard not some card to purchase junk with. I want...

Horizon Gold Card / Horizon Outlet Storescammed!!

Yes total joke u can't buy anything other than not even legit items on the site and no selection at all!!! Hahaha! Jokes on us actually I'm not laughing. The stuff on the website they sell in probably old shirts they just wash from the closests of people who work there :( sad yet true scammed for the stupid like me

Horizon Gold Credit Card — charged unauthorized fees

My primary card account master card was charged miscellaneous fees with out authorization. Spoke to some one...

Horizon Gold Card — scam

This company disguises themselves as a "credit card". I applied for my card to build my credit only to find...

Horizon Gold Credit Cardstolen card

the message will go under nathaniel blow the message that i gave it to you. beverly drew 3704 chimney ridgr place durham nc 27713. The nurse claimed to be lost that I do not see it. The card that Sherry Batten, The card that is not to suppose. Home Healthcare. My nurse is 61 years old. She used my card on anything. Reply Nathaniel Blow. I do not recieve the card back. ASAP me back to the company 10311 Kelly Lane Wakefield, Va. 23888. My lady recieved the to me. 29.99 fee pay refund my card back. Cancel the old one and get a new one. Can you recieve an by 8/29 or 8/31. under my address. If you you cannot respond me back under [protected]@hotmail.com.

Horizon Card Services — cancel my card

I don't want this card anymore they lie. I 29.95 has been withdrawn from my debt card two times with in the last 5 days

Horizon Gold Cardunsubscribe

This is one of the worst cases of mis-representation I have ever seen. It took a while for me to reach someone, but I was able to finally unsubscribe.. I did receive an e-mail attesting to this fact, and a promise to return the fee. I didn't authorize it in the 1st place that I know of

jodi fram Dec 22, 2015

they also took 29.95 off my mastercard 3 times within 4minutes. in which there was only a 140.00 credit line.I am totally devastated. and need my money right now, my babies will not get anything, , 140.00 is not much when you have a 5 yr old little girl and a 13 yr old son and i am a single mother. I cannot stop crying..Please Help...

Horizon Card Servicescanceling my card

I can not cancel my card...I do not use it and i would like them to stop taking money from my bank account.

jackie Rudolph Feb 04, 2013

I will call at 9am tomorrow Tuesday 2/5/13, I do not want this card. You have pushy sales people. I thought it was a credit card for $500.00, did not know it was a store site?? I did not want to give my debit acct # either that night, did not quite understand the man speaking with me either, and before I know it its being sent, only o get it today Mon 2/4 and find out its a store credit acct. Please put my fee for this back tomorrow am when I call, sorry for any inconvenience this caused, but it is more for me. Jacqueline Rudolph I put my zip 30044. Will be sure to get thru tomorrow am.

• Je
                      Jeanette Pedroso Jul 31, 2012

I called horizon card services this morning and they canceled my card and gave me a full refund...

Horizon Gold Card Companyrefusal to return money taken without my knowledge

I called Horizon Gold Card Company to cancel my card and get the money back they had taken oput of my bank account without my knowledge causing my account to over draw. When I called to cancel they did so but refused to return my money back to me. This company is a complete scam. I never recieved the card or any notice letting me know what they were doing. Do not take out a card with this company. Their only interest is to steal your money and sidestep their way around giving it back.
                    Nicole

• Ba
                        barbara jean brewer Sep 21, 2008

i was in the hosiptal and someone got in my house got on my computer and put all of my info in to get this card and used my bank card and stuff all of belongings was at home when i was in the hosiptal so i want my money back into my caaount or my lawyer will send them a letter thank you barbara brewer 9-22 08 @ 12.33 am

Horizon Card ServicesI was told I was getting a secured credit card with $500.00 on it. I would pay them $24.95 per month and build my credit.

I was lead to believe I was approved for a secured credit card with $500.00 on the card. I agreed to pay them $24.95 a month and it wouldchelp rebuild my credit. I never recieved anything from them not even a note or an empty envelope...nothing. They have taken $24.95 from my husbands hard earned money we put on our pre paid credut card. We just recently lost our 4-week old baby girl. I am so heart broken it feels like it is going to eventually kill me. My husband works so hard everyday & I thought I could maybe help out our family, but instead these scam artists are stealing the money he works his butt off for everyday&night. Please help me! We cant afford to lose any more money.

• Go
                          goodie333 Nov 16, 2013

• Wi
                          wifi8827 Apr 14, 2012

who told you that it was a credit card and that it would build credit?

It clearly states on their website that it can only be used to buy their junk, and that it will not repair/rebuild credit.

from their terms of agreement on their website:

"The Horizon Gold Merchandise Card credit line can be used exclusively online at thehorizonoutlet.com. Please read complete terms and conditions."

"Upon final processing, your new Horizon Gold Card will be reported to a major credit bureau as an unsecured credit line."

"HORIZON CARD SERVICES ACCOUNT IS A LINE OF CREDIT THAT CAN BE USED BY AN ACCOUNT HOLDER TO SHOP EXCLUSIVELY AT OUR ONLINE SHOPPING WEBSITE."

"HORIZON CARD SERVICES™ DOES NOT CHARGE AN ADVANCED FEE TO ESTABLISH CREDIT, NOR DOES HORIZON CARD SERVICES™ ATTEMPT, OR CLAIM TO ATTEMPT TO REPAIR A CUSTOMER’S CREDIT HISTORY."

seems like they've covered all their bases to me.

Horizon Card Services — money out of my account

These people are taking money out of my account and I never signed up for their card! I need to contact them...

Horizon Card ServicesI want to close this account and terminate the payment of this monthly amount of $19.99

I want to terminate this false card and cancel the monthly payment of $19.99 per month now. This payment should be discontinued now.

Horizongold — non cash credit card

I checked the average credit card website and horizongold card services website appeared which said that I...

Horizon Card Servicesunauthorized debit card charge

I received a postactrd in the mail for a guranteed $500 unsecured Net First Credit Line. I went on line and applied for the credit line and it was required that I provide my credit card number and was told that I would not e billed but that is exactly what happened. My debit card was billed $29.95 within about 3 minutes of me inputting my card number.

• Re
                              Reviewer16933 Feb 12, 2016

Jaime McMillen
                              3903 west 170th street
                              Torrance ca 90504

I never applied for this card, never received a card and have two charges from you guys. Please close this account, ASAP! And issue a refund for the 2 charges of 24.95, ASAP.

Jaime McMillen

Comments
                              Comments

• Ha
                              HARD WORKING1 Oct 25, 2012

I was charged 24.95 in October after I cancelled this card back in June when I called to find out they stated my card was not cancelled and was in the inactive state because I never used. I then asked do you bill your customers a monthly fee they said yes so why wasn't I billed if I never cancelled the card as you stated, silence. I was transferred to 3 different people before I was able to "cancel" when I asked for the reference number I was given 6 digits and then hung up on. THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAM ARTIST!!! UNPROFESSIONAL, UNETHICAL AND I WISH NOTHING BUT HOT COALS ON THEIR HEADS FOR ROBBING THE HARD WORKING PEOPLE TRYING TO MAKE A HONEST LIVING FOR THEIR FAMILIES. SAY NOOOOOOOOOOOOO TO HCS!!!

Horizon Card Servicesunauthorized money withdrawl from my account

I recently applied for a credit card with a low max on charges from Horizon Card Services. They have deducted two months so far without my authorization. I am trying to rebuild my credit and how can companies like this one be allowed to do unscrupulous business. If you want to buy something, it has to be from their outlet and they don't offer anything of any use to purchase. Toboggans, tshirts, electrical plugs, etc. Not a thing that I or probably anyone else would want. I am charged $24.95 each month for nothing and I can not get hold of them. They are taking advantage of honest people trying to make an honest living. It is the "Scam of all Scams". One thing that is stressed on credit counseling is to get a small credit card, pay it off every month so you will get a good report on your credit and you get scammed on something like this. Someone needs to do something to stop this and if I could get an address/phone number I would gladly persue this. This really makes my blood boil.

• De
                                deezdeez Jul 31, 2011

[protected] for that stupid horizon card they card me 24.95 but on debit card umeployment card so they fix stuff like this if u cant contact company. dont have a card