Complaints & Reviews

not a credit card

they told me of a unsecured credit line of 500 dollars, when I received the card it was not a credit card talked about cash advances not capable of that this is the biggest scam I've ever seen. They also said I could build my credit charged me 35.00 dollars for something I cannot use that money could have went on a bill.

johnny e turner May 09, 2008

I THOGHT I WAS GETTING A CREDIT CARD FOR USE AT ANY MERCHANT OF MY CHOICE WHAT I GOT WAS CREDIT AT THEIR OVER PRICED OUTLET STORE.I WANT MY 29.95 BACK.

scammed

I ordered this Horizon Gold card because I thought it was either MasterCard or Visa. I paid the initial fee of 79.95 and was waiting for the card to arrive when I found many unsatisfied customers of Horizon Gold, and decided to cancel the card.

The services that they provide are not even worth paying for. They claim you get for free credit reports, roadside assistance, and cash advances, but in reality you have to pay extra for all of this.

I called them and a lady said that since the account was open for 10 days, I would only get a partial refund! I requested to speak to her supervisor and he offered a free month (they have a $14.95 maintenance fee or something.)and to increase my credit limit if I don't cancel. I requested a cancellation and a full refund. He said OK.

A month later I saw that Horizon Gold charged me their $14.95 monthly fee again. I also received no refund. I called them again, this time they refused to refund me my last month payments, and promised to cancel.

When last week I saw a charge from them again, I was outraged. I am now contacting my lawyer and FTC, and BBB, and my Attorney General.

• Wi
    wildatheart_44 Oct 24, 2011

Thanks to all for your comments re: Horizon Gold. They prevented me from making a huge mistake. I am on Social Security and can't afford to be ripped off, so while doing a web search, I came across this site and made me make the right choice NOT to accept the Horizon Gold card. Thanks all.

unlawfully took my money

I was searching for a credit card to help me through the holiday season when horizon gold card pop up claiming to give 500 dollars credit limit with out credit checks or employment checks. So I started the application process giving my personal info including my current credit card info, however when it came to the part asking for my card secure code a the holy spirit advise me to look the company up to see if it was truly legit that is when i came across this website. I was so relieved that I looked it up before going through with it so I went back to the page and pressed cancel then an message box appeared and asked if I really wanted to navigate from this page and I pressed OKAY all of a sudden it moved me to another page that looked like a home page at the bottom it had options Yes to go ahead with the company and No Thanks, so I pressed No Thanks. Now here is where the scam happened a page saying thanks and the company has went ahead and took 29.95 from my account. I was in SHOCK. HOW THE HELL CAN THEY DO THAT, JUST IGNORE ME SAYING CANCEL AND NO THANKS AND TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT WITH OUT MY PERMISSION. HELP PLEASE WHAT DO I DO I NEED THAT MONEY TO GET MY SONS CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!!!

• Ge
    gerald lind Dec 21, 2010

i am very upset with the horizon gold card rip-off! I paid into their scam patiently for 7-months waiting for Christmas to finally arrive, and when it did, i had already paid 39 dollars times 7months...whatever that comes out to be.Approximately 280 dollars. When i went to order for my girlfriend and her young daughter, i found out that they were only a very small private shopping network which cosisted of products that were overpriced as much as 100 percent mark-ups! And to make matters worse, when i arrived at the check-out they formulated this ridiculous handling fee whichn was over 50% of the total cost of my goods. They(of course )wanted this to be paid for up-front and out-of-pocket.Having nothing to do with my already skyrocketed overpriced merchandise.These people should be locked -up for crimes against humanity, and taking advantage of people who are trying to establish their good credit again.

fraud

I am pissed! not juz about this company but about all the fraud that's allowed to occur today!! period! there was a time of day something as such would be held accountable and punished by law! I've been wandering to myself juz when this law was changed and became a constitutional right???? Then i thought, maybe due to the lact of majoritiy to press the issue! Then, juz- maybe then it would justice would prevail! So, It is a question of... who feel's the same??? Have you been a victim of... falsified advertising? Did or did not summit too, .. electronic signature's, etc.? Had been promised something you did not recieve? Totally believe it to be a faslsified advertisement, and believe it should be rebuked by law-to be allowed to be online! And further more be subject to justice and punishable by law!!! please visit me/ email: [protected]@rocketmail.com n on fb!
Horizongoldcard created a mess w/ my checkin account! do ne of u desearve this misrepresentation????
sincerely, tina

michael gaffey Feb 23, 2008

they tell its a credit card then when you get it. its a ###ing outletstore you ###

• Mt
    M.Thompson Apr 25, 2008

Thank God for these sites. I knew something was wrong. My advice is when they start asking for your bank account inform. STOP RIGHT THERE!!! Because if you don't you are going to fall right into the rabbit's hole and them only taking your money.
    The weird thing about this for me is that I had never applied for this card. I mean I saw a bad deal for the word go. So, no money was taken from me. I did checked out their online so-call goods. My god... Garage Sale!!!
    It's ashamed that there are sites like this only to mislead you especially for those you are trying to reestablish their credit. Lets face it folks bad things happen, and the hard times are here. But if it ain't the real true VISA Company or Mastercard. Ditch it!!! I sincerely hope those of you that had their money taken from their accounts do get their money back. Personally I think you all need to get together and sue the yucky pucks. HorizonGold we are going to catch up with you sooner or later. WATCH OUT!!!

• Ka
    kamika lewis Aug 29, 2008

why are you all trying to scam people for there money with a credit card?

• Da
    danielson Sep 18, 2008

please call me 954-817-4365

• As
    ashley Sep 29, 2008

They sent me a ### letter saying that i was approved for a five hundred dollar gold card but when i went on line they just kept on asking for my social and for a checking account or savings number i do not appreciate ### like this and i would appreciated if they would be put out of business for good before they have real bad problems on there hands Thanks ashley

• Ev
    Evelyn Schroeck Oct 30, 2008

I recived A notifcation in the mail that I was aproved Gave an approval # says I will get my card in 5 days No # to find out any thing about this number Or what kind of card this is. Is it a regular cridet or what?

• Pa
    patricia herron Nov 03, 2008

I want my money back this is a scam they took $3900 dollards and they was only suppose to take $10.00 please refund my money.

• To
    tommy Nov 03, 2008

not a credit card, a catalog credit card.with high prices

• bigtina Dec 18, 2010

SORRY, FOR MISPELLING IN ABOVE COMPLAINT! I AM SORRY TO SAY... I WAS JUZ SO PISSED! AND HAD ALOT OF E-MAIL CLEAN UP"S, ETC. BIG TINA

• bigtina Jan 13, 2011

I am back to say, I am sorry for all who have been had by horizon's false ad. However i did have a hold at my bank and was very happy to know they stopped it in time! However, it is said to have so much false and misleading ad's allowed online or anywhere today! I can't say i've learned my lesson exactly. As everytime I believe i do, another ad just turn's their perspective round. However I am much more careful. And after alot more research I've found success with a 100% real visa card! I no longer need to be bother with these advertisement's, it feel's good. In case anyone need's to know off hand. The whole horizon thing is only gonna hurt your pocket in the long run. If you spend that card on their junk crap stuff (nothing high end at all). and exspensive- a t-shirt you can by at walmart/k-mart, etc. You have to pay that back plus for account 30.00 to 40.00 a mth.Then tell me is it really worth it? To think it's worth establishing credit- You may as well just work your finger's to the Bone. This is part I the advertisement they should inform about before hand. And yes I'm almost certain this company is not gonna advance much at all. big tina

fruad

they charged me 29.99 and took it from my bank account after i filed out an application for a credit card...

membershipment card

The avertisment explainted as if this was a Visa Credit Card with a limited of $500.00 and a fee of $29.95 debiting my cheching account. I was miss informed this is a merchendice membership with a monthley fee of $24.95. I applied for the Horizon Visa Credit Card on July 06.2010. I had called customer service and cancelled on July 7, 2010. Management said my account would not be debited. Money was taken from my account on the July 8, 2010 in the amount of $29.95. I would like my refund back in my account. Do not debit my checking account next month.

• Te
    tequilla barnes Nov 07, 2010

i agree I was told the same thing amd I feel as though we shoukd all get refunds.

• Lu
    Luis F Mendoza Nov 15, 2010

Como las anteriores personas, tambien he sido engañana, pues la solicitud fue concretamente para una tarjeta de creito y lo que me han enviado es una tarjeta para comprar on line en un sitio inexistente, necesito la devolucion de mi dinero inmediatamente y la he solicitado desde el moment que me llego la famosa tarjeta sin conseguirlo, ya saben ESTO NO ES UNA TARJETA DE CREDITO, ES UN ENGAÑO

please read! I worked here and know all about it!!

PLEASE READ!! I WORKED HERE AND KNOW ALL ABOUT IT!

Horizon Gold Card is not something that you want. I left my steady job to work at this credit card company. I only worked there for a week because I couldn't live knowing what I was doing to the poor people that were victims of this company.

You apply for it on this website: https://www.horizoncardservices.com/index2.php?referID=&csaff=&cscust=&drid=X&trid=&zip=&em=
They also have the net trust card, it is the same thing. The visa logo on one of the pages misleads people, it is not a major credit card.

They say that they offer you a credit line of $500 dollars. THIS CREDIT LINE CAN ONLY BE USED ON THEIR WEBSITE! This is that website. http://www.thehorizonoutlet.com/ Everything on the website is tacky and really cheap and they charge you a very large amount for the shipping and processing. This is part of what actually made me quit. There was a customer asking why he was paying OVER $100 in shipping and processing. My manager told me I had to lie and tell him that we didn't control that.

It's supposed to "report to the credit bureau Transunion to build your credit". I had a customer call in and say she called transunion after having the card 4 months and they didn't have any record of horizon.

They charge you $29.95 to activate it. IT IS ACTIVATED AS SOON AS YOU APPLY ONLINE AND CHARGES YOU IMMEDIATELY!! DO NOT ENTER YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER YOU WILL BE CHARGED! When you receive the card in the mail it says horizon on the front. It doesn't look like a credit card because it doesn't have a bar code! That's because you can only use it on their website. IF YOU RECEIVED THAT CARD IN THE MAIL, YOU ARE BEING CHARGED, EVEN IF YOU NEVER USED IT AND THREW IT AWAY!!! AND IT WILL CONTINUE TO CHARGE YOU UNTIL YOU CANCEL!!

When you call they will try to talk you out of cancelling and pretty much ignore you and practically hang up on you after reading their script. IMPORTANT: IF THEY IGNORE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING THREATEN TO CALL THE BBB! AS SOON AS YOU SAY THAT, THEY ARE REQUIRED TO GET A MANAGER. IF THEY DON'T WANT TO REFUND YOU, THREATEN WITH THE BBB AGAIN, THAT WILL DO THE TRICK! YOU CAN ALSO THREATEN TO CALL YOUR BANK AND TELL YOUR BANK YOU DIDN'T AUTHORIZE IT AND THEN THEY WILL HAVE CHARGEBACKS WHICH COST THEM MONEY.

I'm sorry to ever have worked there. I really hope everybody that applied or is thinking about applying reads this. I worked there and I know what has happened to hundreds of people and I know how to get them to listen to you.

• Sm
    smurfette2011 May 28, 2011

You ppl really are stupid! So because YOU didn't read your terms and conditions and was dumb about applying for a credit card you want to act like asswipes towards a company that is offering customer's a chance to rebuild their credit? Do you really think visa or mastercard are going to give you a credit card without a credit check?!? I truly believe all of you who write complaints are idiots and probably acted like it when you called in to that company. In which they probly laugh at you for being such ###. First of all, learn how to read, secondly learn some manners. Obviously there are a lot of stupid ppl in this world and ur mother's did not raise ya right. Shame on her for that and only contributing idiots to the world who can't make big boy/girl decisions like an adult!

• Ho
    HorizonGoldCardScam Jun 23, 2018

@smurfette2011 Article writer is exposing a consumer-based scam and you respond with this?

Anyone reading this can tell that the OP is sincere and felt guilty working at this company and decided to expose the scam that Horizon Card Services (Net Trust) is running.

Sorry - everything that you wrote is just trying to right a wrong. It's clear as day to me that you work for this company and you're trying to justify the pricing of this scam.

not a credit card

THIS IS NOT A CREDIT CARD LIKE I WAS TOLD WHEN I SIGNED UP FOR IT AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK ASAP WHAT A RIP OFF

• Mo
    mOOKIEX2 Dec 10, 2012

SIGN UP WITH HORIZON AND YOU ARE f***ED! NOT A REAL CREDIT CARD, YOU CANNOT VIEW THE ### THEY SELL OUT OF THEIR CATALOG, YOU HAVE TO BE TRANSFERRED 4 TIMES IN ORDER TO CANCEL AND EACH TIME YOU SPEAK TO SOMEONE THEY WANT TO INCREASE YOUR CREDIT LIMITS AND GET YOU HOOKED. ONCE YOU SAY YOU DO NOT WANT ANYTHING THEY LOSE ALL PERSONALITY AND RATTLE OFF A CONFIRMATION NUMBER AND SAY GOODBYE BY HANGING UP ON YOU. OH YES AND DID I MENTION THE INSTANT AND EXCESSIVE SPAM YOU ARE GOING TO SUFFER THROUGH/ I TOTALLY AGREE! HORIZON CARD SERVICES CAN f*** OFF! YOU ARE USING SPECIFIC AND MINIMAL WORDING TO LIE TO THE CONSUMER AND PROVIDING SOMETHING THAT THE CUSTOMER CANNOT EVEN RESEARCH UNTIL YOU HAVE THEIR MONEY! DISHONEST AND A SCAM!

the hidden fees

I did not know that the fees were going to be taken out right away. I was told that the fees would be taken...

they implied they were giving me a visa or master card with a limit to help me restablish my credit

i tracey j. huff was and from a lot of other customers, there feedback was all negative after recieving my...

do not want this card

This Net First Platinum card is nothing like I expected. I didn't know I would only be permitted to shop from horizonoutlet store. Do not want this card. Account needs to be terminated immediately. Thanks

• Ki
    Kimberly11 Sep 03, 2010

I was dupped the same way and they still keep taking $24.95 a month from my account after I've requested termination. They are very misleading and have absolutely nothing but junk on their website to purchase anyway.

MissyB04 Dec 09, 2011

I specifically said I didnt even want this card and they still took money out of my bank. Im calling today to see about a refund but I'm guessing that won't happen. Glad they have to values and will rob people of their money. I knew this would be a bad card so I checked "No" yet Im still paying for it. WTF! So mad right now.

• Me
    melinda79 Aug 26, 2016

This card is worthless nothing good to buy if I wanted to pls don't get this card

rip off

This company disguises themselves as a "credit card". I received my card only to find out it wasn't a credit card at all. The card can only be used on their website. Once I went to the website and entered my card number and zip code it would not let me enter the site. I want my money back because this card is the biggest rip-off I have ever heard of or been sucked in by. I needed a credit card to help with financial woes and instead I got ripped off and taken advantage of. Don't get sucked in.

AndK98 Aug 20, 2009

missphat Aug 28, 2011

This is ca rip off i want my ###ing money back from horizon card services !

being dishonest

I have read many of the complaints listed at this site about horizon gold, I only wish I had seen them when I also payed 79.00 to get my card also thinking like so many others that this was a credit card (visa or mastercard
but it was not Ive never used this card and ive had it since 2007 it is a scam to get people to buy things from their company and then charge you interest on this crap they want to sell you although they do report this to a credit bureou (ive seen it on my credit report) they were decieving in the way they get peaple to pay there fees, to get a card i will NEVER use I never got my money back, but it's definetly a good lesson learned

scam or not

after reading this i figured omg this is a scam so i called them to cancel and the lady i spoke too was pissed because she was trying to keep me in the service because i just got it new and i didnt check it out yet so she says. lol i kept sayin cancel my account she got so pissed that she acctually puffed lol. then she said anyways i cant cancel it for u so she connected me with another lady and also she wouldnt cancel i figured omg wow how can i not see the truth this is a scam anyways finnaly i told her i dont care about the program i dont want to check it out and just cancel my account so she said {with a low voice} ok i guess i am going to cancel ur account. she even gave me a cancelation number. i just hope i got out of this help anyone please!!!

• Ge
    Germilise Alvincy Sep 19, 2014

Please cancel that card for me, I don't want it. I need my money back.

false advertisment

I receintly applied for, and recieved, a Horizon Gold (so called) Credit Card.. It is not a credit card except for on their website, which in my opinion, has nothing but junk.. There wasn't one thing on their site that even interested me.. It was very misleading, and do not want this card and am demanding my money back, and do not want them taking any money from my account.. If any money is pulled from my account I will have no option but to contact aa lawyer to represent me, which I would perfer not to have to do.. Thank You.. Georgia Ressler..

• Sh
    shelbia bessent Nov 29, 2008

people the card doesnt even have a master, or visa card logo on it, so please dont be fooled by these jerks who pray on people who are looking for a break in life and are just trying to get by, because most things that sounds to good to be true are probably is.

Jacqueline Ferrell Oct 08, 2009

Hello my name is Jacqueline Ferrell At the time I was living at 908 S Maple Ave Sanford Fla 32771 when I recive my approval card So I nexted Day MY MONEY into you with my approval number and I have not recive my card at this time I live at 1505 west 11 st Sanford Fla 32771 it would be nice to here somthing from you. to say i am sorry are refund my money PLEASE Jacqueline Ferrell

• Pa
    patriciaperry Nov 23, 2009

please canceal my card or i to will be with alayer if its not a credit card, like you said i dont want and better not be charged any thing, bestmom.com

michaelgray Jan 13, 2011

horizon state that is a 500.00 unsecure credit card, I wanted a visa or mastercard credit type card. not this
    I would like a charge back of my processing fee...Please do that for me.

michaelgray Jan 15, 2011

my problem is I need glasses, so i miss understood. my bag i amide.

• Pd
    P****d off cj May 04, 2012

This is not a credit card its worthless use of plastic and the only benefit from it would be to recycle it. After scamming you out of 75 dollars if you ask to cancel it they refuse and ramble about credit reporting. They are lying thieves.

• Pd
    P****d off cj May 04, 2012

No the advertisement they sent me said nothing about merchandising it said a real credit card with a limit of 500 dollars to pay bills and such and the merchandise they are selling in the store looks cheap used home made and it's not available. So why give the hard time about refunding my account if I'm not satisfied.

• Do
    Dolores Elkins Nov 04, 2012

I received this credit card (if this is what it is) in the mail. I did not order it and do not want it. I do not know how they got my name and address.unless someone else submitted this information. I noticed a charge of $29.99 to my checking account and called my bank to find out what it is for. I was told it was a charge for a Horizon Gold credit card. As a result of this $29.99 charge my bank charged me a $34.00 fee for overdrawing my account. I would like the $29.99 fee back. Can you help me?

• Bu
    Butushete Jan 04, 2013

Applied for this card on line thinking it was a VISA. All indications in the advertisement was that it was a VISA that could be used any where. When card was received it was a card to be used only at their store online.

hypocrites

As an ex employee that left for personal reasons only, I can't help but want to comment on what I read about the horizon gold and net trust cards from these people...

I heard the same crap from customers daily. "you stole my money!" when in reality, 95% of people signing up for the horizon gold car have credit scores of 500 which mean in reality, they all stole from other companies and never paid them back. Such irony.

All of you have crappy credit. Yet, you expect visa and master card to offer you credit cards. Do any of you know why they don't? Cause you suck at paying your bills. And more than likely you would get their credit card, charge it up and walk away just like you've done before.

No one creates bad credit for you. You do it to yourself, they you sing the woes me song... Always the victim, huh?

Get off your butts, get jobs and fix your credit (yes, pay the bills you owe) and then you will have choices other than merchant cards.

And stop being such hypocrites. Bad credit means you have riped other companies off by taking their products, services and lines of credit, used them and never paid them.

taking money off my debit card and contancely doing it without my consent

i dont know if its from a previous card or what but i believe it could be from a card that was maybe applied for but nver used or activated but i want them to quit because they are over doing it trying anythiny time they feel like it 2 and 3 times a day getting me charged for it i did not authorize them if any but maybe a one time fee of 29.95 i never look on the internet until tonite and notuced that thats what they were doing since appro. may 2009

scam/piece of #

This card is a piece of ###. The company don't help you rebuild credit at all. You can only buy there...

scam employer

I have been a sales reprsentative for companies for 20 years. I became unemployed due to outsourcing last year. I applied at this company and was hired. I worked 3 days only to find out what kind of company that I was working for . I couldn't sleep, eat and I have alwys worked for companies and PAID to be truthful. Word of mouth is the best advetisement any company can have. Now I am unemployed and am appealing my unemployment because I could not find the heart to scam and mislead the poverty, elderly and poor working class to pay my wages. I'm sorry to have woked there for those 3 days. Anyone need an honest sales rep?

JOHNELWAY07 Aug 28, 2011

The mere fact that an ex-employee would take the time to get on here and explain to us the inner workings of this scam and that it cost him sleep, appetite and a morality check that after only three days he had to leave running, says so much more than just the fact that the author of the above comment is a good guy with great moral character. I want to take this time to not only thank him for his honesty but for all of the money, trouble and heart ache that he probably saved thousands of people who did their research about this obvious fraudulent company before giving away their bank account information, full names, SSN's.DOB's, mother's maiden names, etc. This is not only opening yourself up for an easy take on this company's part to access your financial institution and any or all of your funds in which you unknowingly gave them permission to do so, but it is also every piece of information anyone needs to steal your identity, which from experience, can not only wreck your credit but also wreak havoc on your life in such ways you could never even in your wildest imagination or dreams think about. Well, that is assuming you are a normal human being and not a sociopath or psychopathic with selfish and greedy ways. The thoughts, ideas and plans that reach the depths of these individuals are enough to scare a grown and well educated long time psychologist who obviously professionalizes in such type individuals. Trust me, I have had an unfortunate run in with one type individual. Greed and materialism has no morality or ANY feelings what so ever besides sefishness and the only happiness these people feel is when they have yet again scored another few hundred bucks, bank account information and discovering a nice savings account maybe from the poor unsuspecting WWII veteran living next door to you! A man that served his country putting his life on the line so that we can live in peace by the constitution of the united states without fear that when we walk out our front door to mow the lawn or wash our cars that a German, Korean, Vietnamese or an Iraqi insurgent isn't going to come at us with an AK-47 popping rounds into a suburbian un-armed man with a bucket and a bottle of Auto soap in one hand while rolling out the brand new hose to his car with the other holding a smile on his face about to begin enjoying his first weekend of retirement.
    Now, I know some of you are going to feel as though I have gotten WAY off topic here when we are discussing a fraudulent, scamming, and fake credit card company but I am just writing in combination for the purpose of venting some specific frustrations I feel about how this country and it's white collar criminals can get away with so much crap like this and the people they are targeting. I think it's sad and an embarrassment to our country. How many wealthy people in suburbia or in Beverly hills received emails such as this? I doubt a single one did, because just as the gentleman was explaining, they are targeting the people in poverty, desperate and hungry, about to have the electricity cut off with small children in the house.
    Also, and I will leave it at this. According and due to the company's OWN statements in their "terms and conditions" section that these cards do not have VISA or MASTERCARD logos on them but on the very front page of their advertisement that is sent via email shows in a few different places including on the cards themselves, both the VISA and MASTERCARD logos! Somoeone needs to shut these guys down!!

• Ni
    nigelw Jan 20, 2012

yes, all true. Used to work there. Ownership does nothing but take advantage of people, both customers and employees. Targets inner city, urban, poor, and credit starved. Product is worthless. Customers pay monthly fee for worthless benefits and a promise to be reported to credit bureau which rarely happens. Shopping store items are overstock junk and penny jewelry. Company makes much $$$ in recurring credit card transactions from hidden terms. Company does not even fight back much when customers call into to cancel, as their reputation with banks is borderline at best.

I di not authorize use

i don't know what this service is but i do know that you keep charging my card and I did not authorize this because I have never even heard of horizon card services so i would appreciate if you would refund my money to my account or do i need to contact headquaters of your services because some type of fradulant activity is occuring.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices