Complaints & Reviews

poor customer service

I brought in a flyer from Honey Baked Ham showing 1/4 hams available for $19, 99. I went to the Rancho Mirage...

poor customer service

I always buy a honey baked ham for Thanksgiving and Christmas and then buy meal throughout the year. I will no longer being do this due to poor customer service. The manager at the Columbus store is rude and unhelpful. I used to get coupons through the mail and no longer do. When I called the store I was told they would be in the local paper all week. I went and bought the paper and there was no coupon there. I went to the store to complain and the Manager whose name is Thomas stated they would be in the paper Wednesday. I told him I would not be in town as I am an over the road truck driver and would not be back until right before Christmas. His remark was that was all he could do and he virtually did not care. I asked him to have his employees be more knowledgeable and asked for the corporate office number. When I called there they were not concerned that he was rude and stated I could get a coupon online and that he should offer to put people on a mailing list. They stated he would be called and told to do that but, that was it. I guess it is okay to pay over $60.00 for a ham and then get rude treatment. Well no more for me I am not buying them anymore.

• Pu
    pugru2 Dec 18, 2009

Go to the Grocery store, don't bother with them again. But understand that the statement, "I don't get coupons through the mail anymore from you" is actually an annoying statement for CS reps to here.

bad service

In December 2008 their was a new broadcast regarding recall of a ham purchase through the catalog. The company provided a telephone, which I called three time and I also emailed the company. No one contacted me. Everytime I called I was promise someone would call me back. I never to date received this call.

I gave the 1-2 ham purchase through their catalog to my son residing in Penns. I was informed that someone would contact me for my son's address. I had my son discard the ham.

What should be my next move?

• Br
    brenda fast Mar 27, 2016

i baught what was a boneless ham easter i opened it and found a bone in and glazed was burnt it puts a bad taste in my mouth what gives

on line orders

I Placed a order on line for 2 honey baked hams. Both arrived 12/23/08 at the correct locations. But they were shank hams not the butt ham. The local Honey Baked Ham store hams, that I have purchased have always been the butt hams not the shank portions. I would not have paid almost $150.00 for shank hams from anywhere! I was told by one manger from the south branch headquarters that about 10 years ago they stop sorting out the hams & labeling them .So when ordering on line customers don't know what ham they will get. You have to specify what You want either butt or shank hams. Well if they don't advertise this to the general public how does the one know about this practice . I'm very dissatisfied with the company, I have talked to about now 5 different employees & still not satisfied with the results. I was told by 4 customer service people You had to specify that you wanted the butt not the shank. Well it's my mistake thinking that Honey Baked Hams were the same as when purchased in the local store. They got me this time but never again, no matter how good the hams from the local store have been. I feel this should have been made aware, to the general public before you order on line. If I had been aware of this practice it would have saved a lot of grief. At Christmas I wanted to send 2 nice quality hams for this special time of the year. I really can't understand their 100% guarantee, why this doesn't apply.Thanks De Euker

• Cl
    classy1too Nov 30, 2009

We purchased a Honey Baked ham for Thanksgiving Dinner. Unfortunately, I did not open it until dinner time and was VERY disappointed. The ham was not cut through to the bone, was very fatty and had a large amount of gristle. There were no full slices, only slivers of slices throughout the ham. For $65.00 I could have gotten several store brand hams with much better quality.

After reading several complaints online, I wish I had searched before I made the purchase. I will not be using Honey Baked hams in any family meals in the future.

Joann Guilliams Bosley Dec 18, 2018

i ordered a ham 2 b delivered on 12 21 18 instead they delivered it on 112118 now today i got an email that they were delivering another on 12 18 18 i dont think i should pay for 2 when it was your mistake mrs joann bosley i order 1 a year

Joann Guilliams Bosley Dec 18, 2018

ok you have sent me 2 hams instead of 1 its your mistake so i dont think i should pay mfor another

@Joann Guilliams Bosley ok waiting for your rep-lay

my email is [email protected]

poor quality hams, high prices, and non-existent customer service

I preordered a spiral cut ham of 15-17 lbs and was told it would be $74 with my coupon. On the 24th of Dec. I...

greedy!

Honey baked ham company put a $7 coupon in the local paper her in metro detroit - for the past two holiday...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices