Honda Financial Servicessleezy collection practices

D

You have been warned!!!
Honda financial services has reached a new low in sleezy collection tactics, so listen up everyone! Stay away from honda financial svcs!!! Everything I read in these reviews happened to a family member of mine, too - almost duplicate. I called them myself and got a taste of their tactics. It was unbelievable that a financial service, representing a good car company, could have stooped so low. One of my favorite lines used by the recovery dept was, "we told them they had 5 minutes to make the payment by western union or moneygram or the car would be repossessed." I was dumbfounded and asked her to repeat that. She did. Now how could any human being grab a coat and car keys and even get in their car in 5 minutes? Much less find a place to send a moneygram? So they make it impossible for you to make your payment, then repo the vehicle when it's almost paid off...

My daughter called to discuss payment with honda financial svcs one day and the person she spoke with immediately went on a "personal" attack with comments that were extremely hurtful and unwarranted; "what kind of person are you that you don't make your payment?" my daughter's answer was simple, "unemployed." but a new job was on the horizon and she had hoped to make arrangements to get caught up.

We made an arrangement with this company to pay any and all back payments on the following friday. Honda agreed on the telephone. But they sent a repo man to collect the car on thursday, one day before the payments were to be brought current!!! And of course, the only way we could get the car out of repo was by paying the past due, the current, and all future payments (6) in one lump sum. I do believe these practices are unlawful.

I could go on and on about this company and it's underhanded dealings. But be very clear about one thing; if you choose to use this company, you will lose! We did a little research into the value of the honda they repossessed from our family... There were only 6 payments left on the car, so thousands in principal and interest had already been paid to honda financial svcs. By repossessing the car and selling it at auction, with a kelly blue book value of around $12, 000, they would stand to almost double the revenue received for one little crv.

You have been warned! Don't do business with honda financial services in alpharetta, ga. Spread the word!!