Honda Financial Services Logo

Honda Financial Services

Having problems with Honda Financial Services?

1919 Torrance Blvd
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Bad service

I have had problems with Honda Finance in the past year. Granted I have been late and they did grant me an extension, but I was harrased the whole time. The customer service(a/k/a collections agents)sent me threatening letters, they called me constantly and threatened to take my car, and smacked me with a bunch of late fees. I am more than willing to pay the late fees, but the abbrasive, nasty, and condescending way Honda Finance talks to there customer's needs to change. I can't wait to pay this loan off, and I will never finance through honda again. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have called corporate before but the harrassing never stops.

Extreme scare tactics, abusive collection procedures

I own a 2006 Honda which only has 11 months remaining on the contract. I have always made my payments in a...

late charges

I leased a 2008 Honda and have made payments on time every month. Starting in January of 2009 they stopped...

Rip off palace

Do not take your vehicle to Bowie Honda for repair unless you have a warranty. The service department, while friendly and professional, will smile in your face and rip you off concurrently.

My "check engine" light was on and I took 2006 Honda Element to determine the problem. In the end, I ended up paying about $500 ($497.17) for parts and service that should have been signifcantly less.

Charge included $99.95 for a 'diagnosis' and $25.10 for 'shop supplies for repair order'(aka the Bowie Honda big screw). Shall I mention the exorbitant mark-up for labor? They were in such a rush to stick it to me that they forgot to provide 'courtesy wash' even though invoice said they did. Can you say: "never again!?" I can. Ken Dixon Honda in Charles County is more reputable.

Dishonest crooks

Me and my wife traded in our 2007 Honda for a 2010 Nissan at Coral Springs Auto Mall in Florida. We had 6 months left on our honda lease so we paid it early. We gave the car back to the dealer, where we leased it. They told us, dont worry, we will take care of everything. That was on March 28, 2010. I kept getting bills from honda so i called. Honda told me that the dealer has not called to turn vehicle in, this was on June 9th. I call dealer to find out whats up. They say, Dont Worry, we will take care of it.

3 weeks later i get a $1400 bill in the mail with no description. I call honda and they tell me the oneplus seat was missing, the mini seat in second row on a odyssey. It was, my wife took it out the day we leased it. We forgot to put it back in when we turned it. I told them i had it and that i would drop it off at dealer. I was told that i could not, they had to find out where the car was and that they would call me back. Ya right, i had to call back to find out that they would not take the seat back and i owe $1400. I fought with them for a week with no results. Finally i got the inspection report in the mail. The ### who inspected it wrote down the wrong seat. So i am being charged for the left center seat, not the oneplus seat. Only a $800 difference in cost. I will be on the phone with them in the am. Lets see what they have to say. They are the rudest and most unprofessional people i have ever dealt with. If it comes to it, i may have to sue them. DO not buy a Honda, and do not buy a car from Coral Springs Auto Mall. The dealer refuses to help and told me to not call again after i bought 2 cars from them.

Good luck to you all. I will be looking for a class action lawyer to file a major suit against them when this is over.:

outrageous finance charges

We are at the end of the lease of our 2006 Honda Odyssey, so I dug out our paperwork to find out some specifics on the terms.

Running the numbers and talking to the dealer, I found out we were charged a 40% interest rate, Honda calls it a Rental Charge. This amounted to being overcharged over $5000 compared to an auto loan from Citi-Financial I had received a year earlier at a 10% rate, also on a new Honda.

I wrote Honda a complaint letter and then talked to 2 representatives and they didn't want to do anything to make our deal "right." This was my 3rd new Honda either leased or purchased, and I told them it was my last. They didn't seem to care.

I realize that a contract is a contract, but I would think that the financial arm of Honda would treat their customers better and would have the integrity not to charge their customers a 40% interest rate.

outrageous finance charge

We are at the end of our lease on our 2006 Honda Odyssey, so I dug out our paperwork to find out some specifics on the terms.

Running the numbers and talking to the dealer, I found out we were charged a 40% interest rate, Honda calls it a Rental Charge. This amounted to being overcharged over $5000 compared to an auto loan from Citi-Financial I had received a year earlier at a 10% rate.

• In
    In My Opinion Jul 19, 2010

Caveat emptor

the truth will set u free Nov 22, 2010

You compaint is ridiculous. You are upset FOUR years after the beginning of the contract? Really??? You did not realize what you were paying every month when you got your statement? BTW, rent charge and iterest are NOT the same thing. Rent charge is a fixed amount you pay every month and does not fluctuate, similar to "renting" a car-an interest rate stays the same but the amount you pay monthly changes depending on the balance owed. If you were paying a FORTY % interest rate, you would be paying alot more than $5, 000 over the course of a loan.

the truth will set u free Nov 22, 2010

One more thing...you said you talked to the dealer? The dealer is the one who writes up the contract and submits it to Honda Finance. All they do is approve or deny it based on what was submitted to them. So, if you are upset, your issue is with the dealership not HFS.

• Ge
    geri343 Jan 04, 2014

Honda made a deal with me on a new car, then the finance manager wants to charge me a special finance fee of $1, 800 on top of the interest. I even had a trade in worth $8, 000 and the car I wanted was only $22, 700. That's not even legal for them to make up some extra charge.

• Co
    Cosby Apr 16, 2015

Hey I have purchased an honda accord in 2009 and final payment was supposed to be in 7 years but I took 3 deferment and pad four back but they say that I still own them more money. If I had went to the bank I would have been finish. How can I gat anyone to listen to me.

Bad experience

I had the unfortunate experience of having my mother's car towed because it was two months behind in payment. After diligently calling to see what can be done, they told me, obviously, that a POA was needed so one was sent. Then they told me that the POA was invalid because of the date. After arguing that they should check with the Clerk's Office of its validity, they then required that my mother send in her license. Even after all this was done, Team Leader Tim and his goons, Debbie and Marcy, refused to help. They now do not even pick up my calls and cuts me off if I ask how I proceed. I even got a translator for my mother so they could speak to her and even that didn't help...

How am I supposed to get the car back? And I also didn't know that Honda Finance was supposed to collect on behalf of NYC Finance (for parking tickets.) They're actually demanding that I pay $1195 in tickets which are ALL pending.

I really do not know how I'm supposed to get this car back when NO ONE will help. Is there anyone else out there?

Rude & Arrogant Customer Service

I have been a loyal Honda customer for many years but after dealing with Honda Financial over the phone...

Rude, dishonest, unprofessional finance team

I suspected the deal was shady when the finance manager, Carlos, refused to let me see the numbers on paper. He fiddle *** around with paperwork trying to distract me. When I did see the contract I saw the price of the vehicle had actually increased AFTER my down payment and friends/family discount had been applied. I'm not sure how a $19, 900 SUV after a 2K down payment ends up being $20, 500 BEFORE the finance charges!! Then he tried to sell me GAP insurance, stating the finance co. requires it, which I refused. I was told I had to have the 100K mile warranty as well or the finance co. would turn us down. I was also told it costs Suntrup 2 grand to "sell" this loan to us and they can't come down on the price of the SUV or they would lose money. So that "fee" is passed on to us, the customer.

A few days later the finance co. calls me to verify our address and income info. I asked the rep about this so called 2 grand fee they supposedly charged Suntrup to sell us this loan. She said the finance manager was NOT supposed to tell us that and they could no longer finance our loan. I also asked if they required us to purchase the 100K extended warranty and she said absolutely not. She said she was going to call the finance manager immediately to terminate our contract.

When talked to the salesman and finance manager that day they said for me to bring the SUV back immediately. I said that’s fine and asked about the 2 grand we put down on it. They said they'd send it to me in the mail. Umm... I'm supposed to trust these liars to get mymoney back to me after the lies I was just told? GREAT. My husband then called the finance manager later that day and told them they will get their car back when we get our money back. The car is in the garage safe and when they get our 2 grand check ready for us we'd be more than happy to give the car back. The finance manager told my husband he was calling the police on us and hung up on my husband! Now THATS customer service.

Then following day I drove the car to the dealership and returned it. I asked the salesman for our check and he said they don't cut checks there and I'd get it in the mail in a week. I said that's not good enough because I need ourmoney back so we can find another vehicle. He refused to budge so I asked for the accounting dept. He said they didn’t have one. He referred me to BJ in the finance dept. I started to ask BJ if there was any way he could do me a huge favor and work on getting the check to me that day and before I could even open my mouth he began to tell me in a very loud, ignorant matter "You heard what the salesman said, we don't deal with checks here. I'll call the office later and request it." I said I really need my check and I can't wait a week. He replied in an even nastier tone "Look, you are getting your check next week and that’s it" At that point I interrupted him by asking him who in the F he was talking to like that. He stated loudly "You are lucky you have a relative working here or your butt woulda been outta here a long time ago!" I was shocked and asked to speak to his supervisor immediately. He said his supervisor wasCarlos who is the one who gave us this bogus deal to start with!!! I asked to speak with Carlos's manager. He brought out Jeremy to speak to me. Jeremy was way more concerned with his new cell phone than to speaking to me. I told him I really needed my down payment that day. He said "ok no prob I'll see what I can do." I said I appreciate it because I really need to work on getting another car fast. To this Jeremy replied "Well you had a car" Meaning the car they tried to screw me over with. I said yes but I was lied to and the finance co. refused the loan. At that point Carlos and Jeremy BOTH became very agitated and said "we don’t lie to our customers" and turned and walked away from me. I said hey, we are still talking here.Carlos told me to leave immediately or they were calling the police on me. So at that point I was sure to be extra loud when I MF'ed them on my way out the door.

I was kicked out of the dealership that I have bought 2 cars from in the past, had all my maintenance done and referred many friends to. That’scustomer service at Suntrup.

To date I have NOT received my check yet. I'm giving it another week then filing a complaint with the prosecuting attorney's office.

Save yourself the headache and money and go some where else. You can't even get a good deal here when you have family working for this place.

honda financial services show no mercy

Right now the economy is doing very bad. It's tough to find a good job, and than many of us are losing hours in our jobs. My income has decreased by almost 30% since last year. But, unfortunately, I still have to pay Honda $540 a month and my auto insurance $300 a month. Thats more than $800 a month for a 2017 Honda Coupe!

Even worse, the resale value of this car has dropped immensely due to the bad economy, who will give me $25, 000 (what I owe) for this car right now??

The best I will get is probably around $14, 000, that means I will probably owe more than $10, 000 to Honda. Apart from this, due to my recent income decrease at my job (which is slowing due to the recession) few banks want to refinance, as my income has decreased, they see it as a risk.

They charged me 18% interest rate! yet, inspite of earning only about $1400 a month right now, I'm still paying Honda my obligations. I'm also paying $400 a month in rent, which means I'm barely getting by. I only eat 2 meals a day, I just can't afford to eat 3 times anymore

Honda Financial Services who very little mercy. I told them about my situation, yet they really don't care about the current economic recession. Home owners with high interest high payments loans are getting breaks, but what about those of us who are car owners with high interest high payment loans?

why the double standards? If the US government doesnt care to help people like me, and Honda doesnt care, who will help me?

Muhattma Ghandi once said. "if fine clothes provokes poverty, burn it"

LIsten to Ghandi! He's giving us another option! Thats another option you guys have. "if a fine car provokes poverty, return it!"

declare bankruptcy---and get the loan canceled out (us taxpayers will wind up fitting the bill---but dont feel bad, us taxpayer money has already helped lehman, bank of america, wamu, and hundred of other "fat cats")

and start a new life!

I think I may have no choice. In the near future, if I lose my job, I will have a simple choice, continue to make the "fat cat" rich, or put food on the table!

I'm going to have to make a tough choice!

I guess one this is for sure, I don't need to diet because I will lose weight very soon! LOL!

• Fr
    frustrated-2years May 03, 2010

I leased a Honda Accord from 2017 to 2017. I returned the vehicle in 2017 and Honda Financial Services continues to send me bills for excise taxes! So I have been paying excise taxes on 2 vehicles from 2017 to present! I have called Honda and they are not helpful in any way, shape, or form. They are rude and keep trying to justify why I am still paying taxes on a vehicle I have not had in my possession since May of 2017 - 2 years ago. I WILL NEVER LEASE OR BUY ANY HONDA PRODUCT EVER AGAIN!!!

• Co
    Cobra5NC Jul 13, 2010

Had a 36 Month lease on 2017 Honda Ridgeline from April 2017 through April 2017. I wanted to purchase the vehicle from them so I called and asked how much I owed. They refered me to the dealer who wanted to charge me an additional $499 "documentation fee" that they said was required by law. I had already paid a $499 "documentation fee" when I had initially leased the vehicle. The law states (in North Carolina) that they have the right to charge a documentation fee", but they also have the right to waive it. I spoke with a sales rep, a sales manager, and the accounting manager before they refered me back to Honda American Finance. They must have the ability to have Honda America Finance change a prompt on their phone line, because the next time I called there was a pay-off option on the menu. I purchased the vehicle using a loan from USAA in April 2017 and in August 2017 they billed me $119 for a fourth year of property taxes. I disputed the charge with them, but the $119 charge shows up on my credit report.

Moral #1: The documentation fee when you lease or purchase a vehicle is negotiable in most states.

Moral #2: Never finance through Honda Financial Services.

Moral #3: Never lease a vehicle.

• Re
    reallyreallyreally Aug 09, 2010

I like how you say that they don't care about the current economic situation... It sounds like you were trying to refi your auto loan. They cannot do this directly due to the type of banking license they have. They are an INdirect lender, which means they cannot make a contract directly with an individual. It has to go thru a dealer. Did you try a direct lender such as a regular bank or credit union?? As far as your interest rate, it is high due to the fact that you either have poor credit or not enough credit to be established. As far as your statement about home owners getting breaks, that is only because the government is assisting with that. Not the banks... do some research before you stick your foot in your mouth!

impossible to deal with.

We purchased a Honda Fit Sport early this summer from Honda Mission Valley in San Diego. We love the car and...

The lien holder lost my car's title

I purchased a 2005 Honda Civic in 2005 & financed it through Honda Financial Services. OIn 2007, they contacted me and told me they did not have the title to the vehicle and thought it might have been mailed to me in error. I told them I had no received the title from DMV or Honda Financial services. They sent me an application to apply for a duplicate title, I signed and returned the paperwork. I recently paid off the loan and called to find out when I would receive the title. They don't have the title. They think it will take 6 weeks to obtain the title from DMV. I wanted to sell the car by the end of the year but I can not without the title. The title to my car has been mishandled and no one will accept responsibility or help me. I do not trust them to follow through.

vehicle service contract cancellation

I canceled my vehicle service contract in May 2009 and it is September 2009. I have not yet got my refund back.

Count down of the reasons given so far:

#10. Honda of Kirkland says that the check is with Honda Financing Services who is the lien owner. They will have send it back saying that they don't have any interest on this car/ loan anymore.

#9. Honda Financial Services sends the check to Honda of Kirkland. Honda of Kirland says that it mailed the check but it was returned.

#8. Honda of Kirkland: Hard to catch the finance guy since he is either in a meeting/ attending to clients or on a vacation. After attempting so many times, I got hold of the guy who hardly turns up to work. He advices,
"Why don't you arrange for someone to pick it up? You only will have to send a fax authorizing the payment. After sending the fax, we called them back to schedule a day for pickup. "
When my friend called to pick it up, they said the check has been take care and it has been mailed.

#7. The check is sent back to Honda Financial Services

#6. If you can give us your Canadian address, we can mail you the check.

#5. We cannot mail the check to Canada. You will need to schedule a fedex pickup.

#4. We cannot handover the personal check to fedex. Nor can we allow you to schedule a pickup.

#3. My manager Monica is on leave. I don't know about the status of your check.

#2. Monica is on phone.

#1. Are you from Arizona? Your address is mentioned incorrectly in our records.

This hassle is still going on.

• Fe
    fedupwithhonda Feb 08, 2010

Muhattma Ghandi once said. "if fine clothes provokes poverty, burn it"

and start a new life!

good luck!

account rep kemeesha

I had five payments left on my car when I lost my job. My so-called Honda account rep Kemeesha kept telling...

do not apply principal payments

Honda financial makes it a pain to make principal payment. Their website does not allow for making principal...

Terrible experience

For several months, I was consistently late on my payments. I spoke with a rep at Honda Finance who told me as long as I made payment before 49 days past due, I would be okay. My payments are due on the 21st of each month. I make payments same time each month, usually 45 days past due. I made July 21 payment on 9/04/08.

Payment was drafted. My Honda Accord was repossessed (early AM hours) on 9/10/08, when my August 21 payment was 18 days past due. I called rep and was told payment was not "accepted" due to account status. Would not accept August and September payments, wanted full balance $10, 179 by 9/25/08. Should I file bankruptcy? Have invested $15000 in the care with payments.

crooks

I purchased a car about 2 years ago, and at that time, I was working at a Honda dealership. I had to leave my...

they are taking me to court for non-payment so they say

I got a new car from Honda 2005 I have been making payments I lost my job and made some payments late call them to find out how much I owed and they send me the letter stating what I owed even though I knew that the amount was more then what I owed I sent them the payment. They then sent me another bill stating that I was behind and that they wanted the car not the payments and that if I did not take the car to a dealership that they would put my son in jail for seven years for auto theft . While I was making payments they were calling my son and totally abusing him verbally, they belittled him in any way they could to see if they could push the right button to get me to return the car back. Unlike you I really did not use the car I left it in the garage because I knew that they just wanted to get the car. I then also filed a complaint with the consumer protection agency and asked them if they could put my son in jail. They told me it was a scare tactic and to continue to pay them so they had no reason to take the car. They have been sending some of my checks back and as it stands I am going to court 6/10/08 because they want to repo the car. They state that I am 442.95 behind and they have sent me checks totalling about 3, 500.00 so far in cks that I have not cashed yet. They are charging me for their stupid private detective and esq. fees according to them. What you all should do is file complaints with the consumer protection agency, and the better business b nothing else will work with this company. They are trying to treat their car loans like mortgages. They have lost their minds. What could the incentive be? I don't get it.

the truth will set u free Nov 16, 2009

Why are 99.9% of the complaints against Honda Financial Services from people who were past due and failed to make payments in a timely fashion? Just out of curiousity, when you go to the supermarket, do they allow you to load up a couple carts of food, leave, and then make partial payments on the groceries you took? Didn't think so.

• Fe
    fedupwithhonda Feb 08, 2010

You have two choices: 1) putting food on the table and paying rent or 2) helping Honda Financial Services stay in business

I choose number #2, and thats why I am eating only 2 meals a day and going through the worse time of my life. But, I love Honda so much I don't want the "fat cats" to go broke

But if you value your life more than I do, than take step number 1. Stop paying the fat cats and put food on your table, pay your rent, take care of your family. The Honda people dont give a ### that the economy is in shambles, they want to stay "in business"

If you do step number 1, than please do go to a lawyer (some charge $700 for bankruptcy) and declare bankruptcy. This should wipe away all your debt with Honda. But don't feel sorry for the "fat cats" they are TOO BIG to fail. Trust me, the US government loves Honda also, and they will probably pay your debt with other American tax payer money, just like they did with Lehman Bros, Bank of America, Washington Mutual, and all the other "fat cats"

Lets continue to make the "fat cats" rich!

yea! the american dream!

• Me
    MeganBarnett Jan 29, 2013

I was not past due and turned in my car 2 months early. I paid the last two months the 20 something mile worth of overages and bought a new car. Now they want around $800 for repairs because the repairs total over $500 even though I have up to $1500 to be used in my contract for repairs. Their customer service is horrible and they never call you back and are just plain rude! One of the "Managers", Chris S told me they actually do not repair the cars just charge us for the repairs and then auction the cars off after turn in! Honda Financial is a scam!

• Pe
    perl1111 Aug 20, 2018

4/3/18. The customer representative named Brianna was extremely rude and combative during our phone conversation, didn't try to solve a problem, but instead was repeating same phrase over and over again, Refused to call her supervisor.

I would like to talk to someone who would be wiling to solve the problem.

• To the rulers of Honda, kiss my but! You stink, you crooks! What you do to America makes ww2 justified! Hope you rote inhell honda financial!
    FYI my 3000+ friends are never buying your crappy cars again!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices