Home Depot Of Canada — poor response to service call
In the late spring of 2012 we required a replacement of the roof on our home here in Ottawa. We selected The Home Depot of Canada not for its price but for what we thought was potential future service. Home Depot uses a general contractor by the name of Peak Installations. They in turn sub contract to local companies.
On Oct 16th I called Home Depot (Peak Installations) to have the flashing repaired (screwed down) as they had started to pop up. It was a minor repair that I could have done myself but I wanted them to do it for warranty issues. It would be a 15 minute job at the most.
So as not to bore you with details, after I was told I would receive call backs and not receive them, being apologised to for more than a few times, would not be called with the “follow-up” (assuming the work was completed)...you get the picture.
On Nov 18th and after multiple phone calls that “I” had to make to “them", the roof finally had its 15 minute repair.
Over a month!
Was there a benefited to have either Home Depot of Canada or Peak Installations involved including installation or Service? Absolutely not. They provided NO value to the whole process.
Was there any cost saving by going through Home Depot? Zero, none. They were not the cheapest.
Would I use Home Depot again? Not in this life time for any kind of work. They added meaningless delay and no means of complaint, as I tried. They simple passed me on to Peak who eventually “after 24 days” passed me on the sub contractor, who 9 days after that fixed the 15 minute problem.
Watch for a neighbour getting their roof done. Observe who and how the roof work is being done. Watch for their cleanliness, the tools they use, efficiencies and completion time. Speak to the home owner afterwards about the service and the process. Avoid the nonsense advertised by Home Depot their supposed Big Service name and helper in all this, because it’s all useless BS.
More Home Depot Of Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Home Depot Credit Card - I urge all of you never to get this credit card!
- Home Depot Stainmaster Carpet - staineasy carpet
- GE Adora - dishwasher won't clean dishes
- Home Depot Store Employee Complaint - employees
- Hampton Bay - outside solar lamps model #79339 79330
- Home Depot - Hot Water Heaters - unfair installation charges
- Home Depot - Customer safety during covid 19
- Home Depot - unethical charges-home depot home improver credit card
- Home Depot - will never buy anything from them again
- Home Depot - appliance delivery order w838836677