Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Online Shopping GunBroker Account locked.

GunBroker  -  Account locked.

F
Author of the complaint
4:16 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Mar 4, 2022, 11:47 AM EST

Account locked. Buying Privileges be restored.

Mar 4, 2022, 12:49 PM EST

This account is not allowed to place bids, purchase items or sell at this time. This is a security measure taken due to account inactivity or when routine security checks occur.

Please provide two forms of identification that match the name and address you have listed on your account before your account can be activated. Take a photo of yourself to attach to this message holding a photo ID like a driver's license as verification.

The most common forms of ID are a DL and utility bill, but you may send other documents such as a loan statement, paycheck stub, vehicle registration, carry permit, cell phone bill, or other items received with your name and address. An image of a personal check, envelope, shipping label, SSN card, passport ID’s, bank checks, and business cards will not be accepted. You may black out sensitive details if you wish.

You may attach this information to this email in pdf or jpeg format.

Mar 4, 2022, 1:53 PM EST

Here You go. See attached below.

On Friday, March 4, 2022, 12:49:51 PM EST, GunBroker.com wrote:

#yiv4050748697 table td {border-collapse:collapse;}#yiv4050748697 body .filtered99999 .yiv4050748697directional_text_wrapper {direction:rtl;unicode-bidi:embed;}

Attachment(s)

Mar 5, 2022, 12:18 AM EST

Mar 5, 2022, 4:07 AM EST

This requirement is asinine and absurd. One can secure a 250K mortgage with out a personal photo holding a D.L. for what ? This once long term customer is finished with G.B. quagmire ! Not satisfied with customer service at the least. Not recommending this site to even an enemy ! Since the AMMO take over a grand decline in service has occurred spawning desention in the ranks. After weeks of dialog the talks have now ended. No longer using G.B. as my go to source for trading needs.

Good luck Chuck !

Mar 5, 2022, 11:02 PM EST

I apologize for your frustration, however we continually work to keep our site—and your information—secure. At this time, when users register or change information on their account, a security check is done to verify the information and ensure that it is not being used by another individual for fraudulent purposes. If your information does not automatically verify, we are required to manually verify you with documentation. Again, this is to protect you and your identity and keep our buyers and sellers secure.

Mar 6, 2022, 6:44 AM EST

What is being done ? Call my phone number on record.

Mar 6, 2022, 8:50 PM EST

We do not offer phone support.

As we told you in our previous message, You will also need to take a photo of yourself to attach to this message holding a photo ID like a driver's license as verification.

We cannot assist you further until you send all required documentation.

Mar 7, 2022, 9:35 AM EST

To date G.B. has not provided any Objective Quality Evidence as to why my account has been locked. G.B. only states what could be the reason for my account being locked but is not supplying any specific justification as to why it is locked. Not satisfied.

Pete

Moosp,Ct.

Mar 7, 2022, 9:52 AM EST

G.B. has enough of my personal information as it is. I am a retired defense contractor employee and have maintained a secret government security clearance for over 40 years. Over the years during clearance reviews I have never been asked to supply a picture of myself holding my driver's license. G.B. is off their mark with this request. I request that this issue be escalate to upper management for resolution.

Not satisfied

Pete

Moosup,Ct.

Mar 7, 2022, 3:52 PM EST

I apologize for the frustration, however as explained in the User Agreement, we are not required to provide an explanation or notice and we already explained to you that your account was part of routine security checks and flagged for verification.

c. Termination and Suspension. We agree to provide you access to the Site and the services available on the Site only as authorized in this Agreement and the Site Rules. We reserve the right to reject your user registration by notifying you of our decision. Even after acceptance, we may terminate or suspend your account and ability to use the Site in our sole discretion, with or without cause and without prior notice to you. If we believe your actions may cause us or other Users legal liability, harm, or loss, we reserve the right to notify other Users of your actions. Should you object to any of the terms of this Agreement or any subsequent modifications thereto or become dissatisfied with the Site and related Services in any way, your only recourse is to immediately: (i) discontinue use of the Site and Services; (ii) terminate your account; and (iii) notify us of termination. You may terminate this Agreement and your account with us only if you do not have active transactions on the Site and if your account is paid in full. At any such time, you may terminate this Agreement and your account by notifying us in accordance with the “Notices” section below. In addition, your account will be deemed inactive and closed if there is no activity on your account for one year. In the event your account is closed or terminated, it will be marked inactive in our systems, but we cannot delete your User Information or transaction history, unless required by Applicable Law.

We cannot assist you further if you refuse to provide the requested documentation. We do not make exceptions to our security policy for anyone. This ticket will now be closed. If you decide to provide documentation in the future, we will be happy to assist you in activating your account.

Mar 8, 2022, 10:13 AM EST

G.B. needs to review the user agreement presently in place. As You can see from the e-trail . . . . . . shortcomings exist. Closing out a ticket at the discretion of a lower tier customer service representative is not the way to satisfy a customer. I asked that this issue be elevated. With that said it is my time to flag issue to other G.B. and AMMO supporters. Perhaps C.E.O. Mr. Fred Wagenhals and Director Richard Childress would like to know and see how the AMMO customer service department is addressing their customers ! pete C.Moosup,Ct.

Mar 8, 2022, 12:18 PM EST

Management has already responded to you and provided the same answer we provide all of our customers. We do not compromise the security and safety of our website when it comes to firearms. I apologize for your frustration, however threats do not change our requirements for documentation. Please let us know if you would like to provide the documentation required to continue activation. Have a nice day.

Tue, Mar 8 at 1:16 PM

I am sorry that G.B. customer service has taken the results of my frustration noted in this e-trail as some form of a threat. It is nothing less that unclear what G.B. customer service is asking for. How will a self photo of myself holding my state issued drivers license protect me ? This is so odd to say the least. So You get the photo what does it prove ? How is G.B. going to authenticate my submittal. How would G.B. know that it is authentic or fake ? Sounds like you would have to contact the state of Connecticut. If you can not get the verification from the billing statements that I have already provided so be it. Your call. I have never sold a firearm on G.B. since I first started using it. All my dealings were done thru the Connecticut Department of public Safety ( F.F.L. to F.F.L. ) I.A.W. federal and state law. And in Your policy statement nothing is mentioned about providing a self photo of the customer holding their state issued drivers license. What it is stating and I quote "Even after acceptance, we may terminate or suspend your account and ability to use the Site in our sole discretion, with or without cause and without prior notice to you.". So my frustration and annoyance comes from what I interpret as G.B. customer service making up requirements as they feel fit to request. So when will end ? Hair sample, urine sample or maybe D.N.A. sample sent to G.B. customer service to analyze.

pete C.