Menu
GunBroker
reviews & complaints

GunBroker
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

48 complaints
5 resolved 43 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of GunBroker. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
A
12:18 pm

GunBroker - Will not back you up when you have been defrauded by criminal activity

WARNING WARNING ! Stay away from this site ! Will not back you up when you have been defrauded by criminal activity. They can't help but be aware of criminal activity -- check reviews -- it has been reported by many other besides me. They especially allow C&R holders to engage in the business of selling. 144 plus transactions just isn't collecting. Then the C&R rips you off. STAY AWAY !

G
6:18 am

GunBroker - Everything seemed to work, except when I tried to bid

Completed the procedure to register and verify. Everything seemed to work, except when I tried to bid. Then the system said I was suspicious and directed me to another page requesting more information. Why was I approved in the first place. Sent additional info and got the reply they would act in 24 to 48 hours. The Bid item I wanted was only open for 20 hours.

R
5:56 am

GunBroker - Do not buy anything from GunBroker

Ordered $100 item using my old GunBroker account. I had to update my old address to new address. Invoice said shipping to: correct address. Seller received old address, and I am now trying to retrieve an item 200 miles away from whoever lives at my old apartment.

Do not buy anything from GunBroker. This service is abysmally bad.

D
5:55 am

GunBroker - I urge anyone else who has had similar problems to file charges against them for credit card fraud

Before you do business with this company, either buying or selling, please do yourself a favor and do a search for them on complaints. You'll be astonished at the range of complaints against them. My own is about billing issues and fraudulent credit card charges. I urge anyone else who has had similar problems to file charges against them for credit card fraud.

F
5:53 am

GunBroker - They have no check's in place to stop the seller from jacking up the price of the auction

Stay away from this site. They have no check's in place to stop the seller from jacking up the price of the auction. Seller will put up a gun on "NO RESERVE" and then use different account to drive up the price. Here is the bid history of one of the auctions I thought about bidding on since it was no reserve. Notice the user P***4 made 4 bids for the gun (bidding against himself since there were no other bids during that time frame) to drive the price up.

Here is the BID History.

Bid History
(If two bidders place the same bid amount, the earliest bidder wins)

Date / Time Amount Bidder User Name
8/2/2012 4:23:43 PM EST $290.00 s***1 NR *
8/1/2012 4:28:02 PM EST $290.00 s***1 NR
8/2/2012 6:33:27 PM EST $285.00 R***r NR
8/2/2012 6:31:41 PM EST $275.00 R***r NR
8/2/2012 6:31:06 PM EST $260.00 R***r NR
8/2/2012 9:31:46 AM EST $250.00 1***d A+(68)
7/31/2012 1:29:45 PM EST $245.55 s***1 NR
8/2/2012 8:18:22 AM EST $240.00 d***2 A+(44)
7/31/2012 7:35:20 AM EST $226.00 b***y A+(36)
7/29/2012 11:44:34 PM EST $200.00 P***4 A+(3)
7/30/2012 6:49:42 AM EST $195.00 l***r A+(7)
7/29/2012 9:05:35 PM EST $160.00 l***r A+(7)
7/29/2012 11:44:08 PM EST $150.00 P***4 A+(3)
7/29/2012 11:43:42 PM EST $75.00 P***4 A+(3)
7/29/2012 11:43:22 PM EST $54.00 P***4 A+(3)
7/29/2012 8:01:11 PM EST $50.00 W***V NR

1 comment
B
Nov 25, 2019 6:14 pm

Ummm... Look at the time stamps on the bids. they are not in chronological order. l***r made a $160 bid at 9:05PM on the 29th. Then P***4 made four consecutive bids between 11:43 and 11:45PM until they were the high bidder at $200. It's called bidding by proxy. The website remembers your high bid and automatically places bids for you until you are outbid. Gunbroker has policies against shill bidding and will delete accounts caught doing so. Also sellers who employ shill bidding run the risk of winning their own item. Since Gunbroker does not allow bid retractions or cancellations a shill bidder can get stuck with commission fees on an item they have to keep.

O
3:35 am

GunBroker - They ignore me, then disable my account and remove my negative feedback against the offending vendor

Horrible site. After sending them all documenting evidence that I was being cheated, outright defrauded out of $200, they ignore me, then disable my account and remove my negative feedback against the offending vendor. There are too many other good auction sites with better prices. Gunauction.com, Auctionarms.com, GunsAmerica.com...just to name a few...to waste time with Gunbroker.

1 comment
M
Jan 22, 2022 7:29 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gunbroker ripped me off for $635.00 with ZERO support, they will not even return my email.

V
7:58 pm

GunBroker - Do yourself a favor and take your business elsewhere

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. I have a 100% feedback score from eBay after doing business with them for 10 years. In contrast, I found GunBroker.com to have the worst customer service. They pretty much ignore you and you can't call them, either. Plus, they have an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. Do yourself a favor and take your business elsewhere.

2 comments
B
Nov 25, 2019 6:37 pm

I call bull on this. All you have to do is send a payment reminder. 10 days later file a non-paying bidder report. Re-list the item and leave negative feedback. Your seller fees will be refunded. Gunbroker does not provide an option for buyers to "cancel" an order.

F
Apr 30, 2019 5:44 am

I had a buyer choose to cancel an order and gunbroker charged me a selling fee for an unsold item. I tried to resolve it using the steps they provided. Unfortunately, all it takes is a dishonest buyer to exaggerate/lie why they did not submit payment for gunbroker to side with them and charge a seller for an unsold item.

R
9:51 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I used the service one day and pulled my listing. After contacting this company (if it can even be called that) many times I still can't get my account closed and they keep billing me for charges that I never incurred.

GunBroker contacts