GumTreescam contacts

K Nov 26, 2019 Review updated:

Sirs,
We placed an add on Gumtree to sell an oak table (our details Kevin Ashford Tel [protected] or [protected]) email kevin.[protected]@talktalk.net
to date we have had two replies both from scammers
[email protected] and [email protected]
amazingly both had disabilities that prevented them from viewing or entering into telephone conversations and both required our paypal details and passwords.
We were under the impression that you monitored your site for such scams, otherwise we would have used ebay and saved ourselves the £10 fee.
Please take these two sites down and warn you other users before some one looses their life savings.

Jason Howe Oct 18, 2021

Yes boring I know same as deaf, send me a pic of cochlear implant/deaf aid, son wants car ok send me a pic of him driving his last car, problem with bank, transfer the money from PayPal to your son's dad bank account then, surely somebody you know can Bacs me. Ring the courier this is normal while you can hear another Indian guy giving the same lines in the background so somebody else they are scamming. Do what I did tell them you got a cousin up their way who's traced them and their waiting outside. Then say you got the local PC kid ready to mirror and bounce the "couriers " account all round the world. You've got my details deposit £2000 in my PayPal or I'm not responsible for my cousin and his mates. Plays on their paranoia and 10× better than reporting it when you see in 2021 they were using this email in 2018! Justice hey

• Bl
    BlazingMisdeed Sep 26, 2021

I've just had exactly the same message while trying to sell my fridge on gumtree, from the Jennifer Annie address.

Jo Hoggarth Mar 23, 2021

Another scam attempt from the infamous [email protected] as follows:

Great! please consider it sold and take the ads down off gumtree, i am buying it for my son and i am ready to pay your full asking price, i have read through the advert and i'm totally satisfied with it and i will be glad if you can get back to me fast, sadly i won't be able to come for the inspection and pick up due to my disabilities, i loss my hearing and being on a wheelchair but I have a courier agent that will help me to pick it up at your preferred location .
    Regarding the payment..i can't make an online banking am having technical issue with my bank and i can only access my PayPal account at the moment and I will be responsible for all the PayPal fee/charges on this transaction kindly get back to me with your PayPal email, Phone Number and the pick up location so that i can inform the courier agent about it now?
    Awaiting your reply soon...

Shocking, please endeavour to bar access by this scammer to Gumtree.

Andy Hoggarth

• Fi
    Fiona Dwanell Apr 10, 2021

@Jo Hoggarth Hello,

I received the exact same message from the above email yesterday when I was selling a product on Gumtree.

I have reported [email protected] to both Gumtree and Paypal.

If this helps, Paypal have advised me to send the email to [email protected] and remove from my inbox.

However, this person DOES needs to be barred. They still continue with this fraud.

Best,

Fiona

Sathyasree A J May 25, 2021

@Jo Hoggarth I received the same message On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 7:27 AM Jennifer Annie wrote:
    Awaiting your reply soon...

So be aware
    Thanks,
    Jay

• Ro
    Romeo55 Oct 05, 2021

@Sathyasree A J Yes, I've received the same message as well asking only use email conversation to [email protected] someone has to stop them