Having problems with Gumtree?

Gumtree reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 13, 2008. The latest review Spotlight Ad was posted on Sep 10, 2021. The latest complaint someone is selling things using my number an I can not talk to or get in contact with gumtree was resolved on Dec 03, 2014. Gumtree has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 278 reviews. Gumtree has resolved 12 complaints.

Gumtree Customer Service Contacts

5 New Street Square
London, England, Greater London
United Kingdom - EC4A3TW

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Gumtree Customer Service. Initial Gumtree complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Gumtree above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Gumtree. Discuss the issues you have had with Gumtree and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Gumtree Complaints & Reviews, Page 11

GumTreegumtree website. terrible user experience

The gumtree website is a terrible user experience the filters under "refine" search just don't work! I'll search for something then click refine and change the price to a certain amount, in my case between £3000 & $7000. Click apply. Click seach. It doesn't work, and if i also change the distance from my location to nationwide the price filter dissapears altogether! and if i try and sort listings by price it doesnt work! Sort it out gumtree, I'm giving up on you!! Such a frustrating experience! Hire some good website developers!

GumTree — minkos macs

Minkos macs Tottenham 441 high road N17 6qh [protected] Minkos macs Camden 5 Ferdinand street Nw1...

GumTreefalse advertisement of a van that is not for sale

Last November 2016 an advert was placed on Gumtree by two asian men selling our van for £600.00. This resulted in cash being paid over to these men various times, from which the 'buyers' were given no documents but a false key. This resulted in people turning up at our door expecting to buy the van, although they had been given a false address, we obviously heard the commotion outside as people had come from all over the country hoping for a 'bargain'
    This was reported to Action Fraud and local police who we gave the reference we were given by Gumtree and the advert was removed, with the assurance that the van Reg number DV56 WJE Red Transit Ford van would not appear on the site again.
    Now on Monday 10th April 2017 two East Europeans turned up knocking on our neighbours door after finding a key they were given to our van obviously didnt fit after paying two asian guys £300.00 for our van saying documents would follow.
    The neighbour called us and the men said the van was advertised on Gumtree. We have again reported this to police and Action Fraud Ref :NFRC170401811840 and they have told us to make sure that Gumtree block this vehicle from appearing on your site. This vehicle is not and will not be sold on Gumtree so we would appreciate it if you could sort this matter out.
    Myname is Lynn Davies, email ; [protected]@hotmail.co.uk Tel [protected] if you need to contact me with any information you may require

GumTreeremoved ad

I am discussed with how Iv been treated by gumtree and their staff, I paid for an ad on a Friday evening and less than 24hrs later it was removed. I received no email explaining why so for the last 10 days Iv tried call, emailing, and live chat a few times too the first time I got through to live chat I got told the system was down and today when I tried again a lady called Mel was quite rude and dismissive and she couldn't even tell me why it had been removed or how to find out and Mel just ended the chat before I even had chance to ask how I find out, all I want is my money back for my ad. You can't speak to anyone by phone I WILL be taking this further!!!

Max191964 Apr 14, 2019

Gumtree is allowed to get away with the con of removing ads and charging people’s cards it’s how they make their millions you need to complain to Trading Standards there’s a huge list of complaints they are taking into account at the moment so the more the merrier
          Trading Standards will sort them out

GumTreeford fiesta car

We saw this car advertised on gumtree. The advert stated low miles, a great little car MOT etc with no problems.W e we're not allowed to test drive because we had no Insurance on this vehicle. All seemed okay all paperwork was as stated.But when we came to drive it home we found out we had no clutch pedal so it was nearly impossible to change gears.The next day the car would not start. So buyers beware not everybody tells you the truth.This person lives in Colcester, I am probably not allowed to tell you his phone No.but please be extra careful he should not be allowed to con people like this .Luckily the car was not expensive but to get this car road worthy we need to spend a least another £800.

GumTreeadvertising

I having a terrible time with the management of gumtree how you are making any profits with this half hearted unprofessional sevice I do not know.people do not trust PayPal money going missing all the time out of people accounts unfortunately I am with them now I need to establish wether it is the incompetence of gumtree management or am I being cheated by pay pal I want to advertise with you PayPal say they have paid you you say I still have to pay for van and driver advert I have the receipt from PayPal this has caused me stress and trauma

GumTreefridge freezer from walthamstow

I purchased a fridge freezer from gumtree because the ad stated that there is a three month warranty on it. The freezer stopped working after a month and after liaising with Tony the person I bought it from he said he will send an engineer to fix it after repeated calls he then said he acts broke down, engineer is sick etc but now the number is disconnected and I can't reach him. Is there anyway of gumtree being able to reach him to obtain my £135 back as I have since the. Had to purchase another fridge freezer as all the food was going back. I don't know how to locate him as he delivered the goods so I don't know where his company is located.
            Help please. I have attached an advert to another fridge from his advert before all
            His ads dispareared from gumtree, which I've attached.

fridge freezer from walthamstow
            fridge freezer from walthamstow

GumTreelive chat

I was talking to one of your live chat staff today and was very rudely spoken to, I feel also that my complaint has not been dealt with and feel very dissastified with the service from gumtree it was today 23/3/17 the agent was melody,

also my advertisement did not break any ban and I would like to have my advertisement reinstated I'm absolutely disgusted with the service I got from gumtree

• Ca
                  Carole Denney May 06, 2017

I posted alot of items the last few yrs & never had a problem until March 2017 they suddenly blocked me from posting & kept deleting my posts.I got onto live chat & woman was very rude. Said there was no reason as to why i was banned as i followed T & C & she wasn't discussing it any further & said bye abruptly.No explation or reason why i was banned.Disgusting site to bother with as their attitude stinks

GumTreemy ad removed and my money for posting it not refunded

Today I uploaded an ad for 10 paintball tickets I bought which I am unfortunately no longer able to use anymore. This ad was then removed, I checked what you can and cannot sell on your website and there was no mention of selling tickets for an event. E-tickets were mentioned but I was not selling paintballing E-tickets in case there was some confusion. Therefore I would really appreciate that my ad is put back up or, at the very least, I get a good explanation for why it was removed.

Also I spent £5.75 I think it was making sure that my ad would be featured at the top of the list, please may I get my money back if you are not going to put my ad back up!!

GumTreezanussi dishwasher slimline

Seller being Anne-Marie
                  Ad Ref [protected]
                  Contacted this lady to buy her dishwasher on [protected] and arranged to go to buy. This date was for 7th of March, she sent me a text to say couldn't make but rearranged for today being 8th of March after 10am. So we drove a 17 mile journey but nobody was in, phoned and sent a text message but to no avail. So annoying and frustrating as driven 34 mile trip for nothing. No manners at letting us know and no further correspondence from her. Just not on, a time waster and my time and petrol being wasted.
                  This person should be removed from Gumtree selling as not being fair and reliable.
                  Yours Ian and Helen Pickavance

GumTreechef de partie

Today I bumbed up an advert ref: [protected] and gave my credit card number. I did not get a response from gumtree until 25min later.

In the meantime I thought the credit card did not go through so I gave my credit card details again.
                    15mins later I received 2 confirmations, the first was for the above ref [protected] and the second ref was charged to [protected].

For some reason you had charged my card to a second advert which was not what I had done

I am a little upset as I spoke to a customer service member by the name of Karl and he refused to put me through to a supervisor

GumTree — washing machine

answered ad yesterday 8th mar.rang supplied number, under name of nathan [protected] at 17.45 advertised a...

GumTree — complaint about a seller

I responded to the advertisement [protected] and met Ibra Sayeed on the 14/2/2017 to view the computer...

GumTreemy advert [protected]

Hello,

I tried to place an ad today(28/02/2017)mid afternoon and after waiting for few hours, it appeared under removed and inactive advert.

I thought initially pending and waited further hours but the status did not change so I got in touch with customer service.

I was then told that my account has been blocked and from the agent I was speaking to, he could not see why that is but also told that decision is final and there was nothing he could do to help me and he just ended the conversation without resolving the issue or giving me any contact details of management I could speak to.

Here is the ad ID [protected]

The agent just sent me a link of rules of Gumtree. You can imagine it is extremely frustrating as I was not told the reasoning as to why my account was blocked. It has been handled badly as the issue is not resolved and it felt rather one way communcation where he just ended the communication.

If you could look into this and get back to me that will be great.

Thank you for your help.

kind regards,

Kei

GumTreegumtree took money via paypal then cancelled my ad

I placed an ad to sell my audi a3 on dumfries gumtree, I opted to pay for the enhanced ad which gumtree took via paypal. A short time later I was told via e mail that my ad had been removed due to it being in the wrong category
                        (note it was not in the wrong category) I have placed the ad again and want it promoted but I am not paying again

I will now report this theft to paypal

• Updated by vic odell · Feb 18, 2017

I will now report this theft to paypal

GumTreeservice not available

Having been robbed of £40 by gumtree because of your ridiculous posting rules when you removed 5 ads because they were duplicate, I complained and got no where. (Thats theft) 1x even got deleted the same time I posted and payed for it. Thats disgusting.
                          I was advised to get a business account (So now its ok to post duplicate ads is it) so I thought ok problem solved until I got the cost.
                          So now ive got the option of 1x ad only @ £8 which lasts 2x months or
                          90 ads (Credits) each month @ £150. A month. !!!
                          What a choice, don't you think your missing something ?
                          Nothing in between,
                          Like a lot of people trying to earn a living by advertising on your site we are sole traders and don't need or can afford £150 a month, and 1 ad in 1 area isn't enough.
                          Why do I have to pay £150 to put in more than 1 ad.
                          I understand you not allowing duplicate ads that are free but I pay for my advertising and dont see the problem with putting in 6 ads in different areas, payed for.
                          Stupid rules made by stupid people and you reading this just a worker thats going to dismiss this complaint because (the rules say)
                          Is there no common sense around any more.
                          How about a sole trader business account ?
                          Or just let me put in several ads ?
                          Stolen £40 still needs to be refunded
                          D a wood..
                          [protected]
                          [protected]

GumTreegumtree customer service

Ad id [protected]

Hi I advertised a job in the pub I am taking over and because I could not review the advert before paying I did not realise it was going to place it in my current address. 60 miles from the pub

Support originally told me just put the pub address in the description, which I had already done, but this did not effect the advertised address as being incorrect.

I asked if it could be changed answer no

I asked if it could be deleted and re-input answer yes but I would need to pay again (Very unfair)

I finally was given a telephone number where the poor girl could only offer me a very expensive feature foc if I placed another advert - therefore still costing me twice as much..

She said there was nothing that could be done and no other ways to contact gumtree, as I found this option on the web that was obviously not true!!!

All I am asking is to have the advert advertised as planned not anything else and I find the attitude of gumtree very unfair and mean.

• Updated by spk12345 · Jan 26, 2017

see text

GumTreeadvertising

I submitted an add on 16/1/17 and was charged $23.97 receipt number [protected] . My add has not appeared, my name is Sue finlay my email is [protected]@msn.com. What are you prepared to do about this situation . I would like a refund so i can repost add . The add was for rainbow lorikeet handraised and i paid for 3 weeks urgent add . I would like a response ASAP . I still have the bird for sale and would like to repost the add . My account has been debited . Im not happy .

GumTreeselling items on gumtree

See my case - [protected]@gmail.com

I tried posting a couple of ads which took me a few hours, yesterday on 12th January 2017. I didn't put my password in correctly and so my account got shut down. I asked for help from Australia, and no-one could help me on the chat. Then I got contacted at 12.30am Aus time by email. You guys didn't believe that it was me and that I was just trying to post the rest of my ads up. So I said to close my account, and I said I would use my married name account instead and just re-do the ads. I spent another 2 hours doing 3 ads today and then the other account got blocked!!

Firstly, Aussies need on the phone support, or at least need to be able to talk online in our business hours to get things resolved. We also need to be able to set up a new account and have a provision to put our password in TWICE, not ONCE, so that when setting up if we've accidentally put our password in wrong, and then log out, that we can get back into our account. It makes no sense that Gumtree would set accounts up without us being able to put TWO passwords in to verify the passwords, before the account gets set up.

Gumtree has appalling service. This simple task of posting 4 ads has lasted 24 hours, so I will not be using Gumtree again. I will now use Ebay, as obviously you guys aren't willing to look after people

GumTreeservice

I hired a builder by getting his details from gumtree. He has no idea about any thing, he took £250 and left the job undone as he was demanding a huge sum of money as upfront. He left job undone, electric issues, leaking roof and creating sheer chaos. He tried his level best to increase the work and to rip me off of mone money. He is not a builder at all, he comes alone and agrees to every thing, then he brings in more people who also are unskilled people. I request that public at large may kindly be made aware of such people.