Greyhound Linesunsafe so-called bus terminal?? nowhere in site!

E Oct 28, 2018

Don't get taken by Greyhound like we were. It is Oct. 28th, 2018. We were scheduled to leave from San Diego to Yuma at 6:45 AM. They only have 2 departures out of there a day, one at the 6:45 AM and one at 11:30 PM at night. Both when it is dark outside. When I booked this trip I thought there would be a safe modern terminal that we would be in until the bus arrived. Our daughter drove us down to the area which was at 1313 National Ave. downtown San Diego. There were homeless people everywhere, sleeping on sidewalks and very deranged people milling around on the darkened streets. I have never in my life seen such unsafe environments. To make matters worse we could see no terminal in site, only straggler people sitting near the walk way on crude benches. There were no visible signs in site stating we were actually at a Greyhound terminal. very little lighting so you could even see if it were a terminal or not. NO signs stating this was actually the pick up point for Greyhound. Don't ever take a Greyhound from this area of San Diego if you fear for your life. I cannot imagine Greyhound even having a pick up place in this type of area. It was very scary to drive through it, let alone get out of your car. Our confirmation # was [protected]. Not only did we not get a refund for not wanting to put ourselves in danger and now we had to find other means of transportation to our destination which added more expense and loss of time. Don't be fooled leaving from downtown San Diego, CA. Not worth chancing your life for.