Menu
Home Transportation & Vehicles Greyhound Lines Misplaced/lost luggage

Greyhound Lines review: Misplaced/lost luggage

Author of the complaint
9:24 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Last Friday (April 22, 2022), I boarded a Greyhound bus in Washington DC, destination: DETROIT, MICHIGAN. I had one (1) piece of luggage, a

Plum-colored Samsonite Ascella X Softside Expandable Luggage with Spinner Wheels, placed in the hold of the bus.

This bus carried me as far as CLEVELAND, OHIO, where I had to disembark and wait in the Greyhound bus station there for an hour. Then I was put on another bus in which I arrived in Detroit at 9:25 AM (April 23, 2022).

I then spent the next 6 hours trying to find my luggage. I placed a claim with the Baggage Claim in Detroit, providing them with my name, phone number, and baggage number (AA3438146) which was given to me by Greyhound in Washington DC on April 22, 2022. The Greyhound personnel in Detroit - with whom I have inquired from time to time about the whereabouts of my luggage, have been courteous and helpful to me as much as possible in this matter.

But I HAVE BEEN SO FAR UNABLE TO DIRECTLY CONTACT BY PHONE THE GREYHOUND BUS STATION IN CLEVELAND, OHIO. Greyhound gave me 3 phone numbers in Cleveland, through which, they assured me, I would be placed in direct contact in a person on their staff in said station. I have called all 3 phone numbers — and each time, rather than being directly connected with Greyhound in Cleveland, I am connected with General Customer Service, who have NOT been helpful at all.

I AM VERY, VERY FRUSTRATED. I have been a steadfast customer with Greyhound since the late 1990s. Until this past Friday (April 22, 2022), I have received very good service from Greyhound. Now, given what I have now been put through, I will likely NOT use Greyhound again for long distance travel. Nor will I recommend Greyhound to anyone.

View 0 more photos
Update by Komet-2022
Apr 27, 2022 8:15 am EDT

I would like to say that, as of April 25, 2022, Greyhound did find my luggage. I called the Detroit bus station, who informed me that my luggage had belatedly arrived there earlier that day. I later proceeded over to the station, showed my baggage claim number, and had my luggage returned to me.

Before leaving the bus station, I checked the contents of my luggage. ALL OK.

I will be returning to my home on the East Coast on April 30th, 2022 --- via Greyhound.

More Greyhound Lines complaints & reviews