Green Motion Car Hire Luton Airportdihonesty

H Review updated:

Green Motion Luton Airport
I hired a car in Luton airport for 2 weeks. When we returned the car on 13/8/2012 the workman immediately spotted a tiny dent at a size of 2 mm on the left back door. At the beginning we didn't know what he is talking about and I needed my reading glasses to see the "dent". A picture I have taken with my digital camera doesn't even show it.
I asked the manager Mr. Leslie Shepherd if he is going to repair it and Mr. Shepherd stated "not necessarily".
He suggested that probably a car who parked next to his made this tiny damage when the door was opened in a car park nevertheless since he insists it's the renter's responsibility and thus I must pay for it. They charged me 150 GBP the full amount of the CDW excess I had, without repairing the car. I wonder how many more renters will pay for this particular "damage" !?
I sent 2 e-mails to Green Motion headquarters' customer service which were ignored.
In my opinion this is their strategy - to initially give a cheap quote and then supplement the fee with ridiculous damages.
Hagai Hammer

Marinajaneen Oct 06, 2019

Same happened to us. Green Motion in Luton. They went around the car with their clipboard preparing us for the scam that lay ahead!. On return were told that there was a scuff on the alloy wheel and a scuff on the bumper. We were very late for a flight due to pile up on M25 and so did not have the time to dispute anything. We also took the car without a parcel shelf but on return they insisted that it was there when we left (it definitely was not as my husband told me when we were still in the carpark to message them to tell them it was missing - but I stupidly did not). Anyway they charged us 400 pounds for the parcel shelf and over 400 pounds for the tiny mark on the alloy and "scratch" which could have been wiped off with a cloth had we had time. Definite scammers. They knew exactly where to go to find the "damage" when we returned.

• Dp
    DPB007 Jul 26, 2016

We hired a car, dirty and oldish, unable to really see any damage. We drove for two days NO COLLISION with ANYTHING including kerb, parked only in one drive way, on return, the green motion guy went to one wheel, cleaned and we were told alloy rim was scuffed and we were charged 138 pounds!
    COMPLETE AND UTTER RORT!

• Simon_z Oct 20, 2014

Had a similar problem with Green Motion at Birmingham Airport, UK.

When I collected the car from them, they went through every nit and cranny and marked it on the form, and when I returned it back, I realise the SCAM they have prepared for me.

The best way to put these people out of business is :

1. Everyone to write to their Credit Card companies and insist they block doing business with this company (even those previously scammed)

2. Record mobile phone videos of the collection and return to be posted on Youtube.com later.

3. Write and complain to the Airport Authority concerned that we have been scammed on their premises by GREEN MOTION

4. Social Media Alerts and Broadcast. We have to associate Green Motion with SCAM and SCAMMERS

• Ba
    BarbaraGedden Oct 12, 2014

Green Motion in Luton are unprofessional and cause problems. I booked them through reputable Expedia based on price only and have ended up losing out. I didn't have my diriving licence because I was moving home, and so he told me to call back to see if they could call the DVLA to check (it was a Sunday) and I called back 8 times and no answer on either of their three phone numbers (one was a mobile too) and then the branch closed for the day. Never got through. He should have checked with his boss and then called ME back anyway. As soon as he told me to call him I smelt a fish as this is not normal customer service practice for the customer to be chasing when a store closes in one hour too. But after reading these negatives reviews I'm now glad I didn't use them as a hire firm. I'll see if I can get a refund from Expedia but the amount is only £13.45 so I don't know if I can be bothered with the hassle. I'll try and put the complaint in motion anyway.

JustMeToo Apr 11, 2014

i'm putting together a comprehensive list of Green Motion business "practices". Please visit my website greenmotionsucks.com or if the address is edited out, please google "Green Motion sucks", and send me your story

• Mp
    mplm May 04, 2013

Another issue with GreenMotion

A tiny chip on windscreen, they debited £750 from my credit card, which cost me AU$1135 plus AU$33.35 in international transaction fees. (UK Citizen now Australian resident on holiday in UK)

GreenMotion didn’t answer calls, or emails.
    Only when I registered a complaint with VISA did they contact me via email with their pricing menu showing £80 for a windscreen chip. So why snatch £750?
    I suppose the bottom line here is that I hired based on price not reputation, this seems to be how they make their shortfall.

5 weeks later I've paid the credit card bill and am out of pocket.

GreenMotion have promised a refund, but it didn't materialise.

While I have contacted Trading Standards, I would like to see a complaint to the office of fair trading, so if we can get our cause publicised, then get as many people on board as possible the OFT would have to investigate.

JustMeToo Mar 11, 2013

I'm still arguing with Green Motion, Luton via Trading Standards. I still maintain that there was no damage to the alloy.

Green Motion have finally sent a picture showing the damage. The picture indicates the damage was to the outer edge of the alloy, whereas the inspection sheet indicates the damage is to the centre section. The two pieces of "evidence" don't match.

The picture was actually taken on 9th January 2013 at 10:40am, over 5 months after the alleged damage occurred. I know this because each photograph has properties that are visible when you right click on the image. I can even tell you the photo was taken with an IPhone. If you have pictures from Green Motion, try it yourself. To do this right-click on the image and select properties. A window will pop up. Select the 3rd tab and you will see when the photo was taken and on which device. I've attached the details of the image for your information.

Green Motion are still unable to provide an invoice to show the car was actually taken off the road for the repair to be carried out. Without this invoice the work could not possibly have been carried out, therefore they should not be charging for loss of earnings.

Keep up the fight, guys, don't let them win.

JustMeToo Feb 13, 2013

I've already filed a complaint with my local trading standards.
    I asked for photos and the invoice to prove the work was done, but received nothing but a promise to provide. My costs included loss of earnings. If no invoice then no loss of earnings, which has to be fraud, but police say it's a civil dispute and they can't get involved.
    Waiting to hear back from trading standards
    I would urge all of you to write to:
    Mrs Rebecca Hall ([email protected])

• Pr
    prometeusz Jan 30, 2013

Guys, we could file a complaint to Office of fair Trade but we can't do it as Individuals. I suggest we group here create a letter and send it together. I will have bigger impact.

Please ask for photos of the damage, you will see that lot's of people are scammed for the same scratches.

Kind regards

GREEN MOTION = SCAM

I have just been charged £150 on a 2mm long scratch that was found underneath the front bumper of the car I have rented for one day!
    Apparently the car has been repaired but how come all the old scratches are still there?!?!?!?

(new Honda Civic)

This damage was marked on the condition report that was produced on earlier rental and because the member of staf couldn't find it he did not marked it on my card. Car was wet all covered in waterdrops so we both agreed it was impossible to check it.
    I have returned the car the next day and a different person found that micro scratch.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY YOUVE BEEN WARNED.

GREEN MOTION will scam you.

Comments
    Comments

JustMeToo Oct 31, 2012

Same here, but a scuff on the allow - charge £177, still arguing with them

• Go
    Golf Mad Oct 06, 2012

I have just had the same treatment by this company. When I received the car I went around the car with their representative and he noted the obvious damage. I felt that he was being over zealous but nevertheless 3 very small dents were noted down. When I returned the car, another chap said he could see a scuff. I was so annoyed because at that stage I realised I was being taken for a ride and there is probably nothing I can do about it; The scuff was non existant. I got my camera out and took pictures. Sure enough, I have received an invoice for the "damage" for 241 pounds. I have been scammed. Others beware