Green Motion International Logo

Green Motion International

Having problems with Green Motion International?

Green Motion International reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 20, 2010. The latest review car rental was posted on Nov 1, 2019. The latest complaint unfair charge was resolved on Sep 28, 2018. Green Motion International has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 96 reviews. Green Motion International has resolved 17 complaints.

Green Motion International Customer Service Contacts

Aspen Farm, Sheep Lane
Woburn, England, Bedfordshire
United Kingdom - MK179HD

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Green Motion International Customer Service. Initial Green Motion International complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Green Motion International above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Green Motion International. Discuss the issues you have had with Green Motion International and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Green Motion International Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

Green Motion Heathrowcar rental services

Corrupt practises can be systematically and strategically set in place, even using legitimate paper work to con unsuspecting customers. A rouge car rental company can easily take advantage of the lack of expertise of lay customers, It can be a strategy to not inform customers of existing miniscule scratches, dents, or bumps (yes - bumps were indicated on their forms. I don't know what it even means). Unsuspecting customers with an untrained eye would not be able to see it. There is this distinction between a trained eye that the professional car renter has and an untrained eye of a customer. It is in this lack of expertise that a rouge company can strategically and systematically exploit.

The other thing rouge car rentals can exploit is the general trust tourists place in car rental companies, because of the trust built up from other reputable companies in UK and in home countries of customers.

I am a Singaporean tourist and I am reporting to you how I have been scammed and taken advantage of as a tourist by the car company Greenmotion. I had booked a car with Greenmotion Heathrow Airport from 13-Apr 3pm to 16-Apr 10am.

1. Collection
Upon car collection, staff Costa pointed out a little dent on the side and a scratch. Costa told me a scratch 1.5mm deep is considered a damage. I was immediately thankful that he had done so. What I didn't know is that he did not indicate that scratch in the form he asked me to sign. I had trusted him and signed in good faith.

2. Return
On returning the car, another staff Aniesh (not sure about his name) scrutinised that car under direct sun ray, saw that scratch and accused me of causing it. I denied it. I reasoned by relating about the "1.5mm-deep scratch" conversation I had with Costa. When we asked Costa, Costa denied and claimed that I had scrutinised the car for "30 minutes" that it was fine without scratch before driving away. This is untrue. I did not scrutinise the car. Absolutely not for 30min. My whatsapp conversations revealed I was rushing for my family at the airport and gave them a ten minute waiting gap upon car collection.

3. Under duress
I had no choice but to pay for the charge under duress as I had a plane to catch and time was running out. I am such an easy target.

4. Unjustifiable terms
For that frivolous faint scratch, I am charged me 324 pounds! Is this amount justifiable?

5. Why would Costa not indicate the scratch on my form and why would he lie?
Philosophically, there's no reasonable explanation except that fraud or ill-will is intended

6. Business Model built on Fraud?
Think about this - 324 pounds for a miniscule scratch which I couldn't even notice it at first. What kind of a policy is this for a car company wishing to build itself on good long term reputation? Back in Singapore, a BRAND NEW FULL CAR BODY PAINT job hardly requires one-sixth of that amount!

Green Motion Internationaldamage scam!

Believe me, they are charging me 700 euros for that!!!(see pic) To avoid this company no matter what.
    Such a shame, since the car was in excellent conditions and ppl at the car pick-up were super nice and organized. However, when dropping off, they say everything is ok, and later email you with a new bill :( the picture they send you to "prove" the damage is ridiculous...
    photos cant even show me the damage. avoid it avoid it avoid it!!! @ krakow airport, poland.

damage scam!

• Un
        unhappy, Exeter Jul 21, 2017

I wish I had read your review before I traveled as the same thing happened to me. I would never use Green Motion or recommend it.
        Judging from all the negative reviews I have read online this company is definitely to be avoided.

Green Motion Internationalpayment not received

Dear,

On friday 13 th of january, I rent a car with your company in Trapani.
      When I had to pay my deposit of 200 euro, I couldn't pay with my credit card, so greenmotion informed me to pay with bancontact (with a higher insurance rate). When I returned the car, greenmotion told me that the 200 euro would be transferred the day after and they took a copy of my banc card. Until know I didn't receive anything back.
      I called them 3 times (once I had the 'boss' who didn't speak any English, the two other times I had his associate who would ask his boss...) and sent them an email but no reaction...

Johan Van Laethem
      order number: BMK-[protected]

Green Motion — car damage

My name is Michael Lamidis, from Cyprus. I booked a car through you to green motion company. Suppose to pick...

Green Motioncar rental practices at luton airport

Hi All,
        be very very wary of renting from Green Motion at Luton Airport.Over the Christmas period in 2016, I rented from them for 8 days, fully read through their web site terms and conditions and still got caught by them.

Their terms and conditions state that a proof of address in the form of a hard copy utility bill or bank statement must be presented. I forgot to bring such a copy but offered to print it off the internet right there. This was refused. Their terms & Conditions also state that if such a proof of address is not supplied, the rental could be refused.

This was not given to me as an option. Instead I was told I would have to buy extra insurance. Why does forgetting to bring a proof of address document mean that extra insurance is needed? Nowhere on their website does it state that failure to provide a proof of address document such as a bank statement or utility bill will mean that the customer must purchase additional insurance?

In this instance i was told I had to buy a Risk Reduction Premium (RRP) insurance at a cost of over £250 for my rental period. After much discussion, the sales person stated that I can instead buy the Risk Reduction Plus (RR+) insurance package and charged me £144 for my rental period. I asked this quesiton to the desk person: where does it say that if proof of address is forgotten, the only way to rent the vehicle is to buy extra insurance? What it does say in your Ts & Cs is that vehicle rental could be refused - which is fine, why was i not told that?

A second question i asked was: How is it that the representative was randomly selecting different insurance packages? Obviously selling extra insurance is a hugely profitable business so he was just randomly deciding which option to offer me. How does buying extra insurance negate the need to have a valid proof of address? Suddenly, if the customer buys extra insurance, the proof of address is not needed?

I never received a satisfactory answer to these questions. Second point: After signing all paperwork inside the Luton office, i was walked to the car and exactly just as I was about to drive off, I was given one more single sheet of paper to sign. This was titled: "Rental Agreement T&Cs Acceptance Form". Right at the bottom of this form, it stated that if the renter incurred any penalty charges, they would be charged a service fee of £84 for each traffic offence - of course in addition to the traffic penalty charge.

Now, I understand that if I commit a traffic offence and get a fine, I have to pay for that - no argument. But on top of that, for their administration time, you are charged £84? And why was that form given to me right as I was about to drive off, why not in the office where i could still have had the option to cancel this whole agreement and walk away because i did not like the Ts&Cs? I was about to drive off, fully committed, and then an agent thrusts the form at me to sign A final insult is that I was given a car that was not deemed roadworthy.

I was driving at 30 MPH on my way back to return the car and one of the rear tyres burst. How can that happen at that speed, on a smooth road surface? The tyre was clearly defective and abused and weak to suffer a failure like that. Then at the office i was charged £120 for a new tyre and a "Damage service fee" of £30.

Adding insult to injury, customer service and the attitude of staff was absolutely atrocious verging on threatening behaviour. Never rent from Green Motion.

The price they advertise and you pay up front will NEVER be the price you end up paying.Go to a reputable company and pay more if you have to - you will have peace of mind.

Green Motion Car Hire — admin fee for fine

Never ever use green motion. They basically tried to charge my credit card £84 for crossing the dartford...

Green Motionunexpected charges

Me and the additional driver Miss Pardi had our worst experience with Green Motion car hire company ever!
          They misled us about the price of a damage they think happened during our rental. When we returned the car one of the member of the staff found a small chip on the windscreen on the passengers side. Unfortunately we never had experience with any con company before and we agreed to pay £643 to replace the windscreen because of a 1-2mm chip. We were told this is a normal procedure and we will be able to get our money back from the insurance company. We booked our insurance through Rentalcars.com. As we thought we will get our money back we paid the £643 but after contacted the insurance company we realized windscreen damage is not covered.
          We were not just fooled that we can claim our money back from the insurance company but also misled about the price of the repair. After contacting Hyundai we realized a small chip is only repaired instead of replacing the whole windscreen. The windscreen chip repair is no more than £50.
          We rented the car between 25 March and 29 March 2016. Still no answer form Green Motion Edgware branch nor [protected]@greenmotion.co.uk about the proof of the repair. Our emails and tracked letters are ignored.
          Wouldn't be surprised if this damage had never got repaired. Anybody who reads this comment and hired the same car (Hyundai i40 Registration number starting with DV65) after 29 March 2016 please contact eszter.[protected]@gmail.com or david.[protected]@gmail.com. We are already taking legal actions against this con company.

Green Motion Car Rental, Luton, UKextremely bad car hire company

Rip off cowboy Company.
            We had booked with this Company through a third party car rental firm.
            When arrived we could see that they were very upset about the fact that we had pre-paid for everything (even the full Insurance) and found an excuse that they could not rent us a car without us paying for a new full Insurance through them. I refused and was basically shown the door.
            Be warned don't touch this company they are cowboys

• Uc
                ucmd Apr 30, 2016

I have been ripped off today with this company. I paid 40 pounds to lessen my excess. When I returned the car I was brought outside and shown a scratch (not seen by me or caused by me) after I returned the car. I was charged £150 the excess. I was told it would cost 880 to fix so I asked them to send me the invoice as proof of this. I also asked for the police to be called. They refused both requests and admitted they probably wouldn't get the car fixed although they have claimed the insurance. Con artists. Any advice to get my money back?

Green Motion Stansted Car Rental — misleading office location and refusal to rent car. stay away from them.

Greenmotion refused to rent me a car after taking my money. I had never heard of a DVLA check code before a...

Green Motion Car Hire UKunethical behaviour & bad customer service

On collection the cars exterior was very dirty, the rear window washer did not work. I totaled around 170 miles on hire. Returning the car was told the mileage was 1500 less than on collection and that under the dirt was a small scratch on the rear bumper. I informed them I had not used the rear hatch door and that the vehicle had been parked on a private drive and had only been used to and from airport .I stated that as the scratch was underneath the dirt, was obviously there on collection Staff were not interested - told me my I would have my £400 excess taken.I could go directly to their office and get it sorted, I said I would be contesting their findings. I wrote to green Motion Head Office, no support at all, basically told me I was a liar, no scratch marked on collection, and I would have to pay. I emailed them and again expressed my concern that I felt this was a set up and as it was dusk on collection would not be at all visible. I had private excess cover, so this did not concern me. What did concern me was that the car was supplied in a bad state, the staff had rushed to get it ready, I had to wait, and they had entered the mileage incorrectly, I was minus 1500 miles upon return, clearly they had not checked the vehicle properly. Then the attitude of the Stansted branch and Green Motion Head Office was appalling, they dismissed all, told me I as I had refused to get it sorted on site at the time returning the car, I would be charged £400 for a 1inch; scratch. This statement more or less said we are punishing you financially as you dared to object to what we are saying !!! Great Customer Service !! How can £400 be justified for such a small scratch? It only needs a few cars to be told a scratch has appeared during rental and several extra thousands of pounds can be made each day! My insurance has replaced my £400, but as I have been using car hire companies all over Europe and many times at Stansted - Green Motion has proved to be the worst by far e. I was made to feel I was in the wrong by complaining and felt bullied by their staff . Reading Feedback on this company at Stansted, there are several similar incidents reported.

Green Motionheathrow branch - big scam waiting for u

I am a frequent car renter/traveler and this is my worst car rental experience.

First of all, when I picked up my car at night time and the parking lot with no lights!!

I returned my hire car to Green Motion – Heathrow and staff “Rohit.K” claimed he found a tiny less than 1mms scratch on both door

Rohit.k start off very rude and not treating me and my wife as customer and asked for GBP601.20

When we are still in bargaining about the damage, the manager “Shaf.H” asked one of their staff to drive out the van out of our sight (IMG2469) which I failed to stopped them. Both staff are aggressive, rude and arrogant

At last, both supervisor and manager threated us about our deposit and credit card information with them and we needed to pay the charges anyways.

We clearly stated in the form that we “disagreed” the charges (attached#[protected])

any department we can report and stop them??

Green Motioncar rental deception

Date of Incident: 12/Feb/2016
                  Booking Number: RES0006197

I pick up the car at 7:00 am in the morning of 12th. They told me the car is brand new and never rented others before. And let me check the car. I check the main parts of the car includes alloys, door mirrors...

When I returned the car at 20:45, they told me there is a scuff on the rear bumper, it is a 3cm scratch. I checked that it is very superficial. And they told me that was made by me. I need to pay 352pounds for the scratch.

In fact, I use the car very carefully, I am sure that scratch was not made by me. But my fault is I did not notice that scratch in the morning. However, if times go back, I could not found that scratch either. Image that, how I can check the car like looking for the hair in the black sweater. Interesting thing is their staff could pointed out the scratch easily and directly within one minute, it seems that they knew the scratch was waiting there.

I am a Chinese, they know my english is not good enough to justify my innocent, and they give me the only solution is to pay 352 pounds to repair the scratch. Finally, they take the money from my deposit of my credit card frozen money without my permission.

Firstly, in my opinion, I fall into their trap. They insisted on sell me an extra insurance in the morning of the day I picking up the car, but I rejected. That is one of the reasons to charge me money for the fault not made by me.

Secondly, the very slight scratch is worthing 352 pounds to fix. I did not have any chance to talk about the solution. The only choice they left to me is to charge me, and the amount is 352 pounds.

As a foreigner living in London, I hope to get the fair treatment. What they did is just like a robber.

My email is [protected]@hotmail.com. Any other information requires, please email me.

• Simon_z Feb 27, 2016

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with this fraudulent company and I still don't know why the British Government allows them to continue the business.

Their business model is simple, milk the customer's money... Full Stop

The low rental cost is the bait to fish your towards the scam. I spend 1 hour in their office when returning my car and EVERYONE was forced to pay in the same way they forced you. My advise for all people renting cars... STAY AWAY from Green Motion

Green Motioncharging for fake damages

Booking Reference Number [protected]

I booked the car with Argus and despite telling them I lived in Leyton, East London, they booked me a car on the other side of London in Green Motion Car Hire in The Hilton Hotel in Edgware Road, which it took me an hour and a half to get to on a Friday night from work.

When I got there at 4:45 pm on 22 June 2016 and notified Green Motion that I was there to pick up the car, the representative who was supposed to deal with me spent more time chatting to his colleague about playstation 4 than dealing with me, though both associates told me I was fortunate to receive an upgrade to a brand new car from the compact that I had booked. This seems unlikely since the mileage counter already read at least 179 miles, but the company employee said that was ‘delivery mileage’ and I was the car’s first driver.

When I went down with the Green Motion representative to the car in the basement of the hotel car park, the car was full of mud and water marks. I mentioned this to the representative who said, ‘yeah, but there’s no actual damage.’ Being a layman and unfamiliar with what to look for, I acknowledged that it was running perfectly. Perhaps I foolishly trusted that a representative when he said there was no damage, so I signed the rental agreement and drove back home. My wife said when she saw the car that the exterior was filthy. I took my son in a short trip to Hackney to his friend’s house and then drove back. We used the car the next day for a couple short trips to Hackney and back, during which it incurred no damage.

When I returned the car at 4:45 pm 23 June 2016, the representative at the time, Mullah, told me that that the wheel alloys had some damage. He said that it could be caused by unseen branches hidden underneath mud. He also told me that about 70% of customers damage the wheel alloys. He then told me that he would be charging me £348 for the damage. After explaining to me that it could have been caused by unseen branches underneath mud, it is entirely consistent with those causes that the barely visible alloy damage was caused during the alleged ‘delivery’ that the first representative claimed had put mileage on the car. Had I known to look for tiny marks in the wheel alloy, I’m sure I would have found them before I had driven the vehicle away.

Fearing that I would lose my £995 deposit, I paid the £348 charge and told him that I disputed the fact that I had caused the damage. Since Mullah said that I was the first driver of the car, but his colleague told me that the mileage had been accrued during ‘delivery’ it is not possible that I was the first driver and therefore both Green Motion associates have formed a pattern of making inconsistent and inaccurate complaints.

Since it is entirely possible that the wheel alloy marks were caused in the course of delivery to the car hire location and not my fault, I am seeking a full refund plus the cost of the car hire.

• Simon_z Feb 27, 2016

Their business model is simple, milk the customer's money... Full Stop

My advise for all people renting cars... STAY AWAY from Green Motion

Green Motioncar hire

I picked up the car on a dark wet evening. We were given a condition report form showing only 1 fault to the bodywork. I then checked the bodywork with a flashlight before leaving the parking area. I found 7 faults on the bodywork and wheel trim. I went back into the office to ask why these other faults were not shown on the condition report form, I was told that they had all the damages listed on the computer. I asked that they show all the faults on my copy of the form to ensure that on my return I would not be charged for existing damages. How many people drive away without checking the existing damages only to have a claim made on their excess insurance upon there return? I also pointed out that the car was dirty internally and externally although it was part of my contract to return the car in a clean condition. We travelled round the corner to the IBIS HOTEL where we stayed overnight. In the morning we had to clean the inside of the windscreen as it was very greasy and made visibility dangerous. The registration number of the vehicle I hired is : LK15 ZZY

Green Motioncar hire

We were in Croatia on holiday in August and had booked car hire through Green Motion for the second week of our holiday for £549.38. I had requested a nine seater vehicle and had arranged to collect the vehicle from Dubrovnik Airport and had provided 9h00 as the estimated time that we would need the car. I also provided my mobile phone number to bookinggroup.com (the booking agent for Green Motion), who subsequently sent me a car hire voucher showing that the car would be provided by Green Motion Care Hire whose “opening hours” at Dubrovnik Airport were 7h00-22h00. It took longer to get to the airport than expected and I arrived at the airport around 10h30 but could not find a car hire desk for Green Motion. I then walked to the car hire site on the edge of the airport grounds and could also not find Green Motion car hire at this site. I then phoned Green Motion using the number provided on the car hire voucher (at around 10h40) and was told that their driver had delivered the car to the airport at 9h00 but had since left (with the car) as I had not arrived at the scheduled time and they had not been provided with my mobile phone number. I was also told that it was now impossible for them to provide me with a car and I should make alternative plans, but that I could expect a full refund. It was very difficult to then find an alternative car and we were only able to find a seven seater, which was a considerable inconvenience for our large group and which also cost EUR500 more than the car we had booked and fully paid for in advance. We were also never told that we had to be at the airport at 9h00 sharp and were expecting the more normal situation where you collect the car from the car hire desk at the airport and from a car hire operator who has a permanent base at the airport; which was also what appeared to be the case based on the car hire voucher that was provided. I have since made several attempts to contact Green Motion – they are impossible to make contact with by phone, but have replied to some of my earlier emails to say that I should seek a refund from bookinggroup.com. However, bookinggroup.com have confirmed (via my credit card provider) that they have paid the rental money to Green Motion and that I should seek a refund from them. However, no reply from Green Motion...

Green Motionimaginary scratch - excessive charge for the scratch

We rented a car from Green Motion Heathrow from July 14 to July 16, 2015. A tiny scratch on the rear-view mirror was not mentioned on the Vehicle Condition Report Form and was not detected by us . We drove on the Motor way and used our friends'car in Kent. We assume that the scratch was not done during the rental (but before). Green Motion charge us for a damage of £92 for this tiny scratch. We protested, we wrote many mails asking to speak to someone. We were unable to speak to anybody at Green Motion, and this company rejected any discussion/reduction/suppression of charge.

Green Motionnot having a car that was booked

I was deeply disappointed by the service I received (rather I didn’t receive). I booked a car to pick up at 7:15am (Birmingham International Airport) and when I arrived there was no car for me. It is already paid for.

The employee said there is nothing he can do and will call security if I don’t leave the premises immediately (remember I have paid already).

What kind of service and business is this? I was stranded at the airport and missed an important meeting. On top of this I must call and get my money back from head office. Is this fair?

No manager was on site and when I asked that he be called the employee said that the manager does not like to be disturbed when he is asleep.

Green Motion Car Hirename & shame scam company employees

Green Motion’s is a dishonest company founded by Richard Lowden, its strategy is to offer the cheapest quote and scam every customer that uses their service by highlighting minor marks on the car that are unnoticeable especially on the wheel rims.

The Employees working for this company knowingly taking part in scamming honest customers and deserve to be named & shamed on the internet. Whenever and wherever they go in life, their name will pop-up on search engines in the UK and worldwide.
                              So next time they apply for a job, Bank Loan, bank account, rent a house or meet anyone, their name will come up as some who is dishonest and a known SCAMMER.

If you have been scammed by Green Motion, please add their name and branch where you got scammed:

Green Motion Car Hire Stansted Airportovercharging

We hired a car from Green Motion at Stansted Airport London on Thursday 11th September - it was dark when we picked up the car and the inspection was done by an employee of Green Motion with a small torch. He pointed out to us what was already written on the Car Vehicle Condition Report Form and that was all. I repeat it was dark and the inspection was done with a small torch. When we returned the car on Tuesday 16th September a very small chip was 'discovered'!! on the wheel trim. We said it was nothing to do with us and it was probably there when we picked the car up - this was disputed by Green Motion as it was not on the inspection sheet - but as the inspection was done in the dark how can we tell for sure that the mark was not already there!! We were charged £300 for this small mark the reason being that we had polished alloys wheels - we had actually booked the second cheapest car for hire. The money has been taken out of our account without any correspondence from Green Motion. When we originally disputed the charge the employee in the office at Stansted showed me a sheet that had a list of charges for any marks on 'normal wheels' and 'polished alloy wheels'. We had the second cheapest car for hire with the most expensive wheels - does that actually make any sense? We were also told that the Customer Service Department would contact us about this disputed claim and obviously they never did. If Mr Richard Lowden CEO or Green Motion ever actually reads this email my message to him is that he should be ashamed of his Company and his treatment of clients by Green Motion staff. To everyone else don't ever hire a car from this company - they may be very competitive in the car hire market but they are recouping their money from excessive charges elsewhere. Be ashamed Green Motion.

Green Motion Car Rental Manchester — 850 pounds deducted from credit card for damage when there clearly wasn't any?

I returned a VW Golf to Green Motion Manchester after a fortnights hire on 24th May 2014. Due to our 0925...

Manchester