Having problems with Grab?

Grab reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 18, 2016. The latest review File a complaint against a customer service from grab was posted on Sep 29, 2021. The latest complaint unethical behavior was resolved on Jul 13, 2017. Grab has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 529 reviews. Grab has resolved 1 complaints.

Grab Customer Service Contacts

+65 6570 3925 (Singapore)
+63 883 7100 (Philippines)
Mapletree Business Center, 1060 Nguyen Van Linh, Tan Phong Ward, District 7
Ho Chi Minh
Vietnam

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Grab Customer Service. Initial Grab complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Grab above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Grab. Discuss the issues you have had with Grab and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Grab Complaints & Reviews, Page 19

GrabCar / GrabTaxipoor service and lack of professionalism

I have booked a grab transcab Renault taxi today from Holiday inn atrium to Teban gardens at 1:52am this morning. Driver Tan Guan Wah (SHC5526G) came to pick me up. As I was feeling very cold at that time, I requested Mr Tan to turn down the air con but was ignored by him. I proceeded to turn off the air conditioner at the backseat but was still feeling cold. I proceeded at wind down the window and Mr Tan started to shout at him saying the noise from the wind will affect his driver. He proceeded to question me about why I would be feeling cold since I boarded his cab from a pub (I don't understand why passengers who boarded a cab from a hotel is not allowed to feel cold?). He then sarcastically say I should know better to wear more clothes if I am feeling cold before finally turning down the main air con. During the journey, Mr Tan also offered to give me his mobile phone so that I can bypass Grab and call him directly for transport services (I believe this is clearly violating Grab's policies with drivers). I am a tourist from Taiwan and has used Grab from time to time and most of my experiences were pleasant but Mr Tan truly tarnished the image of Grab.

GrabCar / GrabTaxi — unethical behavior of grabcar driver

I am complaining for the behavior of a grab car driver named Manuel Luis Umerez Madi, jr with plate# MT0459...

GrabCar / GrabTaxipicky grabcar drivers

Since Uber is under suspension, Grabcar should have used the opportunity to secure the market share of riders. Instead your drivers have given a bad impression to the riding public. They are picky just like the taxi drivers. They should understand that the reason why riders such as myself is taking Grab is because taxi drivers are "Picky".
    I was trying to get a ride yesterday (16.8.17) and I could see the app was pushing it to several drivers who refuse to accept. When one finally accepted, he cancelled the booking after a few minutes. So fine, I booked again. This time, more drivers are refusing to accept. When one again finally accepted, he cancelled after just a few seconds that I did not even got to see his name or plate number. I just read his car is a Toyota Innova. This is so frustrating !!
    Grab should disable the ability of the drivers to see the destination of the riders. Your drivers are picking riders based on destination (just like the taxi drivers which the riding public has now refuse to patronize). This is giving me all the more reason to choose Uber over Grab.

4 Responses
      • Ge
        GEL SY Aug 23, 2017

AGREE 100 PERCENT THAT GRAB IS SO PICKY AND VERY ANNOYING. I JUST ENCOUNTERED AGAIN TODAY WHEN I TRIED TO GET ONE THIS MORNING FROM MAKATI TO UP DILIMAN. I WAS ABLE TO GET GRAB IN FEW MINUTES BUT THEN WHEN THEY SAW MY DESTINATION THEY CANCELLED MY TRIP. REALLY PISSED ME OFF. REALLY ISNT JUSTIFIABLE. LTFRB SHOULD REGULATE GRAB FOR THIS OR EVEN PUNISH THEM ALSO BECAUSE THEY ARE MAKING COMMUTERS MISERABLE.

• Tr
        Truth always wins Aug 21, 2017

I totally agree i encounter it before

• Ia
        IamN Aug 18, 2017

I'd also like to add that i have several officemates with the same sentiments regarding the pickiness of Grab drivers - in adition to the higher fares of Grab vs Uber, the pickiness really isnt justifiable. Please do something about this, Grab

• Ia
        IamN Aug 18, 2017

I also agree with your complaint - i believe that's a major competitive advantage of Uber over Grab. Uber app doesnt let drivers know the passenger's location before they accept the booking. Therefore, Uber drivers cannot be picky over the destinations. If Grab is really serious about giving the riding public a better and safer commute experience, the company needs to introduce the same concept to its drivers then figure out other ways to increase incentives. You need to step up your game, Grab!

Grab Carcomplaint about bad driver

I've just book a grab car. I selected a point on your map:
      - pick up point: golden palm Le Van Luong, Ha Noi
      - drop point: Thang Long No.1, Ha Noi
      Your driver called and said that I need to tell him the number of that building. I told him here is a building, it is nearby Star city tower (that dress I told to all driver and they understand all). The driver blame me, he speak loudly on the phone. I feel scare this driver. He told me he could not pick me up without number of my address (but it is a construction building, if I give the number to him, he also could not find, near by Star tower is very clear!). At that time I think he has to cancel the booking by himself. I took a taxi. 3 minutes later, he call me back and blame me again and talk loudly on the phone again. He asked me cancel the booking by myself. He speak loudly and teach me how to mention the number of the address. I told him if he want the number, ok, number is 4.5 No. Le Van Luong. He blame me again and said there is no number like that. I think, this driver is very stupid, impolite with full angry always. I did know if I mention No. 4.5 Le Van Luong, he will not find. Furthermore, I did select "Golden Palm, Le Van Luong", very clear on your selection point. And I also tip dor him more: nearby Star Tower Le Van Luong. But he still could not understand. He blame me too much on the phone, he did not allow me to talk or explain. And when he stop to blame, he turn off the phone immediately. I feel so so so much shame for this drive. I use grab too much but this is the drive for first time. This driver make me feel so scare, I may could not use grab service for a while. It is very dangerous and inconvenience to use your service by such above impolite driver. I think you should not use this driver since he may beat your customer or disturb them by his none service experience. Pls stop this driver for your system. I attached here that driver details

complaint about bad driver
      complaint about bad driver

GrabCar / GrabTaximanners

Hi it would be great if grab could advise it's drivers to use proper language to its rider. Earlier today I booked a ride and the driver called me. Cause I was busy was sth was not able to pick up. I know that is my fault, but I don't think its appropriate for the driver to message me so rudely. Maybe it's his way of saying stuff but it will nice if you can advise him or give a warning tq. Will provide the proof below

manners

GrabCar / GrabTaxia ride

I definitely, will never recomend to use Grab. Ok could've been problems with crazy drivers, or driver never shown and take your money (using credit card) or the app has address mistakes when getting the location, any issues could been happened, but what is unforgivable, is when you report an issue and notify it again and again and again!, but Grab cares a SH* and never answer.

a ride

GrabCar / GrabTaxi — uncooperative grab driver

Greetings Grab, This incident happened on the 14/7/17, along Loyang Ave at around 8.30pm. I was in my own...

GrabCar / GrabTaxi — impatient rude driver.

driver was impatient. I told him that I need 2 mins to be down. I explained to him that the lift was very...

GrabCar / GrabTaxigrabcar driver not honest

Driver name Neo Say Yaw SLH4179H is an dishonest grab car driver because he failed to follow my designated location to alight my elderly mum. He lied to my mum saying I instructed him to alight my mum there whereby I actually stated the location blk89 tanglin halt rd. It is very inconvenient for my mum as she has a big and heavy box (fan) with her. He just simply lighted her by the road side near taxi stand. A very dishonest driver.

GrabCar / GrabTaxioverpriced fare

This is regarding grabtaxi driver Manuel Flores Fuentes with taxi plate number T-063002. We booked the taxi August 12, 2017 at 4:09am from a hotel in Bacolod City to Silay airport. When we asked how much for the fare he said 500pesos but we asked for a discount and paid him 400pesos instead. We also noticed that the taxi meter was turned off. I was not connected to the internet at that time so when I checked my email later for the receipt it only stated 245pesos. Pls do not allow this driver in Grab taxi anymore. If I can get a refund, I would appreciate it. Thanks

GrabCar / GrabTaxi — arrival time sucks

Heard you got one of the toughest technical test for your developers during the hiring. You might want to get...

GrabCar / GrabTaxigrabcar np1056 mitsubishi mirage (silver) -, rude behavior of driver shows no respect to passenger. liar.

This is regarding a Grab driver, Ronald Doctolero Campos, with plate number NP1056.
                Someone I know booked a grab and this driver. So the passenger waited for the driver, but then driver was taking too long so the person decided to call but was answered by an enraged voice claiming he was exchanging cusses and foul words with the security guards and screamed at the passenger saying "kanina pa ako dito pero hindi ka naman sumisipot!" then the driver cancelled the booking afterwards, in which much to the surprise of the passenger because the person didn't even notice the Mitsubishi Mirage (Silver) with plate number NP1056 even passed by congressional ave, Quezon City where the passenger was waiting for too long. This driver, Ronald Doctolero Campos, is a lying piece of crap and shouldn't even be allowed to drive passengers much less have a driver's license. This incident prompted the passenger to book for an Uber instead. Driver'a with the likes of these are potentially unsafe and bad for business.

GrabCar / GrabTaxigrab hitch

Dear grab,

I have booked a hitched on the 8/8/17 around 9pm for a ride to sentosa at 10.30pm and was on my way to the pick up point and the driver cancel my booking at 10.25pm. Might be partly because I was busy and did not notice he sent a confirmation SMS, but this cannnot be the reason as he could have called before hand especially when I was not late.

Another hitch was on 9/8/17 8am. I have a booking was before and the driver did not show up, tried to SMS but there was no reply and tried calling the line but It was unreadable. The best part is according to the map, the driver was stationary at pandan garden while I was waiting at sentosa.

Please do something about this or might as well cancel the hitch service.

Need a reply for the incident, please contact me at elvis.[protected]@gmail.com.
                  Thanks

Respond

GrabCar / GrabTaxiovercharging and terrible sleepy driver!!!

Last sunday, august 6, 2017, we booked a grab taxi from lee street, mandaluyong to mercedes, pasig. It's very clear that it's stated there "INCLUDES additional booking fee of P40" then when we reached the area, the driver of toyota vios, TYV 418, jonathan salezer, was asking for additional P40! He was insisting that we booked a grab taxi so there's additional of P40 on top of the price. Unlike if we just get "taxi" or grab car, the P40 is included, according to him. And his driving was terrible! He kept on closing his eyes! He was very sleepy while driving. My companion even said we were like a boomerang because of the way he drove the car. I hope this man would get a lesson. TERRIBLE!

overcharging and terrible sleepy driver!!!

Respond

GrabCar / GrabTaxicomplaint for bad service!

The grabcar driver, named Toh Thiam Chin scolded me while I was entering the vehicle.His license plate is SLN5573P.
                      This is how it happened, I was trying to find the car
                      but it was not visible.Soon, the driver called me saying that he had already arrived.I waited at the given pick-up point patiently.After a few minutes, the driver shouted at me from his window to catch my attention, he was parked at a parking lot, blending in with the other parked cars.When i got in, He yelled at me for being late and how I should have cancelled and wasted his time.He should have made himself more visible if he wanted less of a delay, it's common sense!

complaint for bad service!

GrabCar / GrabTaxidiscount

It stated that in august 7, 2017 there will be 50% off without entering any code. But, when we got into my location and the driver confirm my ride it appears that it doesn't deduct anything. And I booked around 9:20 am so the discount is still available. You should deduct atleast an amount to my next ride. My name is Hazel Fritzie Ortega with cellphone no. [protected] and rode the car of Mr. Renato Manalo with plate no. ABH 6778. Hoping for your kind consideration. I hope I've given the right trust to right transportation here in the philippines. Thank you!

discount

GrabCar / GrabTaxi — bad attitude impolite driver

Driver Sulaiman bin Osman Vehicle car plate number : SGM668Y This driver scolded me vulgarities when he...

GrabCar / GrabTaxitiming on the app

Okay so now grab has this new policy saying that we can't cancel rides if not we will have to pay a fine. Also claiming that now that they show the "waiting time", we can decide if we can wait for it. It shows 2-3 mins of course I can wait. But everytime a driver takes me it's always more than 10mins and of course I can't afford to wait. Get your [censor] together grab. I shouldnt have to pay fine at all because of your dumb lies of 2-3 mins. It is almost never 2-3 mins. What a scam

GrabCar / GrabTaxiaqa 7284

At around 10:31 pm, driver Christopher Cimanes picked me up from Tuscany McKinley Dr going to Resorts World. On the way along there was heavy traffic and driver just would not stop going on and on about how bad the traffic situation was and suggested an alternative route via C5 via Alabang (?). I did not agree to this because we were just a few minutes away fr destination as we were along this road (Bayani Rd (?) but cars were not moving much. He still wouldn't stop talking abt traffic and showed me the traffic trends (highlighted in red) on his phone.
                            I would have quite patiently sat through the traffic to get to my destination had he not talked and went on and on and just kept quiet about. Traffic is expected and comes with territory being a driver in Manila.
                            I could not stand it anymore as I felt like it was my fault & I was being made guilty of the situation. I finally told him to turn around and drive me back home.
                            As a Grab driver, he accepted the job to take me to the destination but this did NOT happen. He drive me back home and had the audacity to charge me the full fare!
                            Driver stressed me out during the trip with his continued whinging that is why I asked to be driven back home. This is so unfair. I felt pressured to just go back home due to his insensitive remarks, etc.
                            Hence, my complaint on this matter.

GrabCar / GrabTaxidriver was late and impolite

I scheduled a hitch At 12.30 pm. Diver gary teo accepted and texted me if i will confrimed the hitch and I replied yes and will be waiting at my office guardhouse at 12.35pm. I waited for 10 min he called and explain that he will be late as he suppost to reach at 12.40pm so i told him its okay. After another 5 min he called and ask for my location and i send it to him.. from than on, i waited till 11.55pm and no news at all so I cancelled the booking as i am rushing off for an appointment and than he started calling and texted me some rude commemts saying that i shouldnt be hitching and WASTED his time and that my location is in correct.. how can it be incorrect with all the other grab driver can be there but not him?.. its my 1st time encountering this kind of situation and i think it will be best if this driver can be more polite next time like all of the other drivers i had since day 1 i have joined grab. Really hope grab will do something about this. Cheers...

driver was late and impolite