Complaints & Reviews

Uber eats and rides will allow others to use your account and expect you to pay

This is a warning to all to make sure that you check your uber accounts regularly because it turns out that...

Was charged a fee of over $5.34 for driver cancellation

Driver was supposed to be at my place of residence in 9 minutes, 20 minutes later I received a text saying the DRIVER cancelled. Meanwhile I'm on my way to my mother's funeral so my finances are already tight. It only says if the customer cancels there is a fee, not if the driver does. How am I responsible for this?

overcharge a tourist:

FYI, I mr.mohamed a senior citizen of Canada came to Visit my mother(senior citizen) of USA after 4 years, I flew to tampa and ftayed at the ramada hotel 1200 north west shore blvd. tampa florida for 4 days, I I landed in tampa airport on Monday 16th. September 2019, i took the Ramada Shuttle to the Hotel. On the 17 t. Sept.19 i order the Uber tech: on the internet to pick up my self and wife to see my Mother at 5237 1ST. AVE North st.Peter'sburg Florida, i was told by the driver Matthew $30.00 us dollars to go to the above address. so i order about 4:30 Pm to return to hotel Ramada, In total i Made 4 trips On Tuesday @ trips and on Thursday 19th. 2 last trips. When i return to Canada and i check my online banking i saw On My Master Card Extra charges like tips$7.61 us dollars i did not give any tips according to the Receipt i receive from UBER TECH: it should read as follows $30.79 us dollars second $30.44 us dollars third 34.02 us dollars and Thursday Sept 2019 Should be, My last Trip at about 5:00 PM Leaving St.Peter'sburg to 1200 North West shore blvd Ramada hotel that trip was $ 34.47 this is the letter sent to me from UBER TECH:

UBER TRIP [protected] CA 7.61 USD @ 1.[protected] $10.38(TiPS)
Sep 17, 2019 UBER TRIP [protected] CA 34.02 USD @ 1.[protected] $46.31

This is the invoice that does not correspond with the receipt i received from Uber Tech:Sep 19, 2019 UBER * PENDING SAN FRANCISCO CA

Foreign Currency $40.36

BER TRIP [protected] CA 7.61 USD @ 1.[protected] $10.38
Sep 17, 2019 UBER TRIP [protected] CA 34.02 USD @ 1.[protected] $46.37
THESE ARE ALL THE CHARGES, I only had 4 rides from 1200 Royal Orchids(RAMADA Hotel) TAMPA to 5237... 1St. AVE NORTH St. Petersburg FL ...to Go and RETURN.. that's all, kindly refund asap on Master Card 6 Digits...541590 and 4 last digits 1965 Master Card expired on 03/23. I hope that you resolve this case as soon as possible. REFUND NOW..THANK YOU...M. MOHAMED

From: Uber Support
Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2019 5:09:24 PM
To: [protected]@hotmail.com
Subject: I was charged more than once for this trip

/// Please enter your reply above this line. Replies below this line will not be received.

| Support

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY

I was charged more than once for this trip
Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 8:41:12 PM · UberX
Happy to explain this charge, Mohamed.

I've confirmed that a tip of $7.61 was added to your trip on September 19th, 2019 11:42am EDT . When a trip is completed, a receipt for the final fare is sent. If you choose to add a tip, a new receipt with the updated total (including the tip) will be sent.

I can confirm you were not charged twice for this trip. Please keep in mind that when looking at your payment method statement, the tip will be processed as a separate transaction from the fare charge transaction.

Moreover, we have not been able to locate the other charges in our system with the information provided.

So that we can investigate further, please provide us with a photo of the charge as it appears within your bank statement.

We'll be happy to help from there.
Sent by Syed Y. on Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 9:09:23 PM
This is the Invoice Received from UBER TECH. Kindly see how we can resolved this case is not Fair to me and wife to be Scam by UBER TECH.I do have all documents to support my case if you need any Proof kindly email me, asap. M.Mohamed Hassan.or you can call me [protected] my cell phone during work hours, From 8:00 Am to 5:00PM Estern Time CANADA..Thank you..

Get help

| Support

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY

I was charged more than once for this trip
Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 8:41:12 PM · UberX
Happy to explain this charge, Mohamed.

We'll be happy to help from there.
Sent by Syed Y. on Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 9:09:23 PM

Continue this conversation by replying to this email or going to help in your Uber app.

Get help

Unsubscribe

Uber Technologies
1455 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94103
Privacy
Terms

uber

Uber is robbing it drivers by makeing them take a course that they profit by calling it 7x7 experience using a second company they formed to steal money from there drivers they forse the drivers to pay for the class to get reactivate stealing from there drivers it thief and fraudsters there rateing there drivers bad so that they can scam there drivers out of money

customer service - other

The issue that I have experienced was: On the 26th July 2018, I was charged £110 cleaning charge. The photos that were provided showed my e-cigarette. I asked Uber to give me back my e-cigarette but the Driver claimed that this was his. I have provided proof of purchase and photos of myself with the Vape to Uber but they rejected my case claiming the e-cigarette was the drivers. Unsure why the drivers e-cigaret was in the back seat and covered in sick. TFL investigated this and found that the driver was unable to provide the proof that the e-cigarette was his.

It occurred on 26/07/2018

Uber has since then refused to comminate with me. They are going against Trading Standard and have stolen from me.

missing money from my uber account

Yeah I contacted Uber for a ride every time the take double payment for one ride I trying to reslove the...

transportation service

So got two starred today. Rider didn't seem to be in the talking mood and was listening to music. Exchanged pleasantries and dropped her off about a mile down the road.

Warned her that since there was a police chase in the area that traffic might be from road closures. Other than that I didn't say much.

Lyft excluded the ride from my ratings and the rating took me down from 4.92 to 4.98. How on earth can these bad ratings cause these massive drops but five stars don't even budge it?

Seems like Lyft is opening the door for a lawsuit concerning lack of ratings protection for drivers.

I know we shouldn't be concerned about our ratings, but this is the second time in a few days a rider has done this sort of thing. Lyft should force the rider to leave feedback.

In other news, I did the invisible stop sign with another rider who ended up leaving me a tip! I don't know if race could have played a factor in the poor rating from the first rider since she was black and I'm white.

Reported the ride to Lyft, challenged the rating and one starred her.

Also, for some reason unrated rides aren't appearing as five stars or any other sort of rating. Is this going on with anyone else?

loose mountains /loose engine or gearbox

I towed my car to woodmead ford fury on Monday 29 January 2018 to replace a clutch but I was told to wait for the date I booked in for the car which was 02/02/2018 I waited for thursday they phoned me that they are busy with my car I was happy because I lease the car from wesbank Thursday they never phoned on friday morning I went to the workshop I found my car still in position I left I wasn't happy they promised to fix it on monday they said they are waiting for wesbank for authorisation Tuesday I went to workshop they said I must check with wesbank I hired a car to fairland wesbank they said they where waiting for photos from workshop I went back to workshop I found the mechanic just starting to strip the car to fix it I asked that photos have been sent he said no on Wednesday I went there cause I told them they charge me by a day. They gave me the car when I was driving I heard that in front something like mountains are loose I phoned them that the car is doing a funny noise m not happy about it they told me stabilizer are finish but how can you give aperson a car while you see there is a problem now im confused cause I dont want to take my car back there im kindly asking what must I do cause its a return job but I dont want to go to that dealership Im not happy about the way their treated me please help my car sound like a 1818 ford its falling apart

disappointing

Uber to me is a big disappointment. I am not going to use this service again and don't recommend you to use them as well.
I understand that their drivers are ordinary people, most of them are unprofessional and its ok, but don't they take tests before becoming Uber drivers? Aren't they aware of how to treat customers?
Last time I ordered Uber a driver was rude to me as if I ruined his plans and he was always in a rush, drove very dangerously and dropped me out in a wrong place. I didn't say anything to him because he was too nervous and mean, so I thought I didn't want to make him angrier. Terrible.

excess charges and rude communication by uber staff

This is the communication for your reference and immediate action. Quote you have a black heart, my wife ha...

Mumbai Tax Services

driving service

I didn’t request a driver when I logged on to the car riding site after landing at the Louisville Airport. I requested a large, comfortable car to take me to The Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati, about an hour north of Louisville. I expected a comfortable vehicle I could take a brief nap in, if I felt so inclined. A smooth, chauffeured ride.
What I did not realize was that the rider experience was defined by the man behind the wheel. And the man behind the wheel of the roomy Cadillac Escalade that would be waiting me would be a Kentuckian named Cary Quattrocchi.
Right from the start there were problems.
Cary Quattrocchi could not find me. I asked him to find me outside the United Airlines arrivals area on the lower level. An easy place to find. I told him what I was wearing and that I had a large black bag slung over my shoulder. Now, admittedly I understand there are a lot of people of my ilk waiting for cars. White guy. Six feet. Husky, Carrying a large black bag. But I told him I had a flashlight that blinked on and off that I would hold above my shoulders. It flashed on and off for more than 20 minutes. He only found me after I called twice to ask where the hell he was.
I almost canceled. I should’ve canceled.
I got in Cadillac and told him I was headed to Cincinnati.
So yer fixin to cross thuh Ohio River. Why?
I didn’t answer. No need to. We hadn’t said a friendly word to each other yet.
A minute later I asked him to stop. I wanted a coffee. I didn’t care which coffee place he stopped at. But after five minutes he still had not pulled off the road. He had passed Starbucks, then another local coffee purveyor, and when McDonald’s lurked ahead I took action. I yelled, Pull over, I’ll take a McDonald’s coffee. It’s okay.
He didn’t pull over. He floored the accelerometer beyond 70 mph.
I shouted What the hell? (What happened to the customer is always right?)
Nothing. Cary Quattrocchi was breaking every rule of customer satisfaction. Why?
So, I rationalized. At the most I’d be with him an hour. Then I’d never see him again. I could live without my cup of coffee. Much as I wanted it. But then I asked, Can you find me a classical or jazz station? Put it on back here, softly.
Mistake. Nothing. Not even a fixin’ tuh.
I asked again in a louder voice. Cary? Did you hear me?
Don’t call me Cary.
I tapped him gently on the shoulder, I just want to hear some music.
What he said qualified as cacophony.
Get yer goddamned hands offa me, or ahll fixin’ tuh break yer hand. Ahm not sh#@tin’ you. Sit there and should up.
I was so shocked I asked, Is this what they teach you in Kentucky, Cary?
They teach me tuh ignore fools, lock you.
This time I did not touch him. I stewed in silence. There was nothing to say.
Half an hour later he dropped me on the wrong side of the stadium.
Finally! I thought.
He did not offer to open the door for me. And at that point it did not matter, I was so glad to be out of the car in one piece. I didn’t care if I’d be a few minutes late for my meeting. I’d be-rate Cary Quattrocchi, later.

stay away from uber

Uber drivers treat customers like garbage. Very rude and disrespectful. You never know who will drive the car. There were so many situations when a driver could throw a passenger out of the car, or when someone else could use your account to make a free trip. I finally deleted my account and I am not going to use uber anymore. I ертшл it's too dangerous.

unknown charge

On the 6th of august I found a $12 charge on my account from Uber. Well I really took an Uber three times but it looks like I was overcharged because of the driver. I can’t say anything bad about him, he was nice and polite, but his gps device a little misled him and we lost some time searching for the right way. So I guess that’s why the ride was expensive.

But like I said I took an Uber several times that day and paid less for the same distance. I tried to contact the customer service, but the line was busy.

Please look into the matter and refund my money.

fraudulent cancellation fee charged to riders by drivers who fail to show up and cancel trips

3 instances in one week, I have been charged cancellation fees for trips where the driver failed to show up...

Nairobi Taxis

abuse power

Hi,

At 5.40 dated June30, I was heading down 5th Av to penn station, Try to turn 34th street, I was behind the bus to tuen west 34th street, This lady stop me middle of intersection unnecessary yealling and took my number plate and force me not to turn, Everybody turn except me, I have pic and video,

It will be highly appreciate for your all cooperation,

abuse power

charged for a trip I did not take

I am a resident in johannesburg, south africa and have been incorrectly charged for a trip that I did not...

I was overcharged for a 3 minute trip, im a regular user of uber and I know what trips cost

On 3/27/2017 about 7.30 am, I got a uber I was going 3min from my house to a dr. Apt I was charged 8.40 only...

uber driver

Uber did not pay me my driver referal bonus. Initially I was suppose to recieve $1600. Then Uber tells me I will only get $1000, then it went down to $920. This bonus is advertised as a guaranteed new driver referal and in order for me to recieve this bonus, I had to complete 100 trips within 30 days which I did. After so many countless messages with Uber in app support, and 2 trips to Uber greenlight hub support office Uber refuses to pay my bonus incentive. Uber tells me after I successfully completed my 100 trips that this bonus gets added up with my total earnings. Meaning if I made a total earnings of $920 im not eligible for this bonus. That is so unfair. I even have saved messages from Uber saying that I will recieve this money. They cheated me big time. Theres even messages that I saved with Uber telling me I only completed 99 trips and once I do 1 more trip the bonus money will automatically be funded into my account. Its not fair at all. They owe me this money. There has to be someway these Uber crooks stop cheating drivers for bonus incentives. Uber recenty was sued for $20 million dollars in January 2017 for misleading drivers / cheating drivers for earnings and bonus incentives. Its pretty obvious Uber did not learn a lesson because this company is still doing bad business and cheating us Uber drivers. It is illegal to do this. I hope people reading this knows what Uber is really about. For the riders, Uber provides excellent service but please know that if you ever thought about driving for Uber, they will cheat you for your bonus money. I tried everything humanly possible to get the money they owe me and ran into a dead end. My final step is currently in proccess to opt out and sue Uber. This bad business behavior should of been stopped a while ago. These guys are scams, and crooks. They robbed me cold blooded. Everything I mentioned here is 100% true and correct. - Ryan Santos

uber driver

Safetycouncilorlando Mar 10, 2018

Orlando is about to crack down on Uber drivers going too fast in the parking lot of many restaurants and hotels they are considering putting Gates and Cones to stop all ubet drivers to stop them from enter ing the property because of concerns over guest safety. We are also considering putting up signs warning everyone of Uber driving too fast through our parking lots.

• Ih
    I hate UBER Jul 09, 2018

I left my phone in an uber car. I tried to log in after the ride, but could not remember my password. After 4 hours of trying to work through their customer service web site, I gave up (I obviously did not have my phone to receive the verification sms they sent asdn they have no phone number to call). When I contacted my credit card accounts they all had been used whiel I was trying to reach someone at UBER. I had my phone, driver's license and credit cards in my phone case. The value is well over the 1500 limit to constitute a felony in my home state. I am working with police to issue an arrest warrant for the driver, but am contemplating naming UBER as aiding and abeiting a felon. Will they have to issue an arrest warrant for an UBER corporate officer in San Francisco and if so, who do I name in the warrant?

lost phone

I used Uber service and can't say anything bad about the provided service, it was nice and driver was also friendly. But unpleasant accident happened when I forgot my phone in Uber car.
I contacted Uber company as soon as I noticed it and told them everything they asked and even drivers name and they promised to contact the driver.
After a week of waiting I contacted them again and they said that driver said that there was no phone in the car. But I'm 100% sure I forgot it there and the second thing what bothered me was that they did contact the driver but no one called me back!
I believe I was scammed. I will not use this dishonest company ever again!

uber service

The cab company in Jefferson is not capable of servicing the City of Jefferson. You can wait up to 3 hours for a cab and sometimes may never get an answer when calling. The cars stink, the drivers are rude and the cost is outrageous.

Why does Jefferson City oppose Uber. They are a very reliable, reasonably priced, convenient for everyone AND a much needed service. Uber would make our streets safer by giving people a QUICK, RELIABLE & AFFORDABLE ride after having a drink.

The City government needs to quit worrying about hurting Tom Landwehr's feelings and make decisions based on what is best for all the citizens.