Google Treasure Chestfraudulent deduction from card

After purchasing a cd for $1.97 about one week later there was a charge to my account for $72.21 which I did not authorize I read the terms and conditions and there was no mention of such a charge this is a complete scam.. I have cancelled my card so that they cannot do it again I have reported them to my bank which is doing a fraud check Their number is no good and no one ever answers the phone. To anyone else please do not fall for this work from home scheme. It was very well done. I have never been scammed before and I will never be again.

• De
    Deborah Peters Jan 16, 2009

I was charged 3.95 to my account from Google Money Tree and then Ireceived Another charge From Google Treasure Chest Did Not receive anything from these companys Trying tocall [protected] and it is a recording will have to cancel my account the charge was 72.21 and a overdraft fee of 28.00

Jason Boggs Jan 24, 2009

This also happened to me. I never received anything in the mail and my account was conveniently charged during non-business hours.

James Jan 26, 2009

I just discovered that eventhough the internet ad said that the material was free if I paid the shipping of 3.88 I have a charge to my account of 72.21 which I never authorized and am disputing through my bank.

• Lo
    lou Feb 02, 2009

same thing happen to me

• Th
    Thudson Feb 02, 2009

On the 12th of January 2009, I requested the free Google Treasure Chest materials for the price of shipping($3.88).
    On the 13th I underwent open-heart quadruple bypass surgery.
    On the 1st of February I was billed 72.21 for my "account" with google Treasure Chest. This charge overdrafted my account which has been heavily taxed with medical bills.
    I called to cancel the "account" and have them reverse the charges, only to be told that my account was cancelled but there would be no refund and that I could enjoy access to the website for the rest of the month, because I did not respond within 7 days.
    I requested to speak to the supervisor. I was told there was none.
    I requested to speak to the company president. I was told that was not possible.
    I requested the phone numbers to contact both her supervisor and the company president. I was told that she did not have that information.
    If this form of highway robbery isn't illegal, it should be. It is definately unethical and unamerican, the sleaziest of interpretations on the application of freedom.
    I am amazed that Google hasn't put their big toe down and disassociate
    from them. I trusted that they were affiliated, and had confidence that it would be above board. Only to learn that they are seperate entities, with absolutely no affiliations.
    These business types should be run out of town and banned forever, after we tar and feather them, of course.
    Tom

• Mc
    M. Covey Feb 03, 2009

The same happened to me today. They refused me a refund. I am now disputing the charges through Visa and I have filed a complaint through the Better Business Bureau. I urge everyone here to also file a BBB complaint at www.BBB.org or at https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx My complaint number is [protected].

• Ca
    CAL Feb 06, 2009

I too was charged the $72.21 from Google Treasure Chest even tho I canceled my order with Google Money Tree. They did refund me the $72.21 because they do have a record of me canceling my order but they can't refund the overdraft fee. They said that the only way to get the overdraft fee returned was if asked my bank to call them and have them discuss the matter and have my bank null the overdraft fee. I asked for a supervisors name or a managers name and they said they are not allowed to give out that personal information and supervisors and managers do not take phone calls... so what do they do there????
    Anyway, here's the number that I called. Hopefully some of you can use this and get your money back. [protected]) I called at 11:00am EST and got thru without any waiting. Hope this helps other people...

-C
    Orlando, FL

Jacky R. Feb 09, 2009

I w also chaged $72.21 from ogl Money Tree.

My bank is investigating. M bank seemed no to know about the scam, but II tod them the iternet is fuf comptts.

Jacky R. Feb 09, 2009

I didn't write that. The Internet twisted my words. My bank has returned the $72.21, but they are investigating and I will have to fill out an affidavit attesting to the fact that I did not order this charge.

This is definately a scam. The company's website is: www.googlemoneytree.com.

• Ph
    Phil Feb 11, 2009

The same thing happened to us yesterday 2/10/2009. An unauthorized charge of $72.21 drawn out of our account, after my wife debited the "price of shipping($3.88)" for materials which we never received. The tragedy of this scam is that reputable online vendors will now suffer lost sales because people like us will never use any credit card on the internet again.

• Ra
    Raymond G. Cote Feb 21, 2009

On the 19 of February 2008 I was charged $72.21 for something from Google Treasure Chest. I did not Order or Authorize these charges to be removed from my bank account. I request a full refund to my bank account in the amount of $72.21 immediately! I am cancelliing all contact with your company "Googles and Affiliates"!!!
    I will expect this refund by Tuesday promptly If not completed by then I will contact Wells Fargo ID Fraud protection and file a claim for ID Fraud!

You can reply to: <<[protected]@net Zero.net>>

Raymond G. Cote

• Vi
    Victim Mar 05, 2009

I have also been scammed. My debit card info was stolen and I was charged $3.88 by Google Treasure Chest.
    I have called, emailed and provided investigation and case information from my bank and the police department.
    Still, I have not received a refund. Stay very far from this website.

• Jc
    JCT Mar 11, 2009

I was shock to know that I was charged $72.21 for 5 months. I call GOOGLE TREASURE CHEST [protected] right away, and they said they will not refund what so ever. I reported this matter to my credit card company, they closed my credit account right away and they will send me an Affidavit to investigate this matter. What legal action can I take to go after the company? Any advices?

• Ih
    ihategooglemoneytree Mar 18, 2009

I too have fallen a victim to this scam. I called and canceled my membership after I was charged the $3.88 for shipping and a man claiming to be from Google called my house and tried to talk me into using my credit cards to start a business through them. I said no. He gave me the money to google treasure chest to cancel my membership. I called and canceled and on the same day they debited my account the $72.21. I called them today and they told me they would only refund my money if I had the CD that they sent out to me. I've never recieved anything from them and all he kept saying is well we sent it out. Also I asked why my account was debited that amount on the same day I canceled and he said because they do it first thing in the morning and I called later in the day. I asked to talk to a supervisor he wouldn't let me. He told me without the CD all he could do is give me 50% back today I told him I was going to my bank and that his company would get in trouble and he didn't care. I also told him I would go to the BBB and he said he would give them all my information. This is a HUGE HUGE SCAM!! I can't belive Google hasn't shut this down yet!

• Bs
    bsscales Mar 28, 2009

I too have been charged 72.21 for absolutely nothimg!!! My 3.88 shipping charge was just a flat lie...there is no product...and now I have no faith in "google"...something needs to be done legally!! these are certainly not the times to be taking hard earned cash from people struggling to make ends meet!! Google that we have trusted over time..where are you?!

• Bs
    bsscales Mar 28, 2009

I too have been charged 72.21 for absolutely nothing !! I agreed to a 3.88 shipping charge but google treasure chest decided to take 72.21 instead!!! What can I do? Iknow what not to do...don't trust "google"...kind of sad..like losing a friend, , , but like most people these days, I can't afford to lose a cent! I need my money back !!!

• Tw
    Twin Mar 28, 2009

Well, thanks to all of you I was able to avoid the charge of $72.21. I purchased the package earlier today and after reading the comments here I called my bank. A complaint was filed on the initial charged which happened to be $1.97 in my case. The $1.97 was refunded to my account. I also canceled my card and requested a new one so that no new charges will be billed in the future. I have learned my lesson!

• He
    Heide Mar 29, 2009

When I printed a copy of my order there was no address listed to write to, no phone number listed to contact, and no info listed on what I ordered so there 's no way for me to prove what I ordered and how to cancel this order. What a scam!

Chuck Turner Mar 29, 2009

There is a big long thread about this scam at Scam.com

See: http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=56093

• Fr
    fred Mar 30, 2009

I read the fine print in time to cancel, at least I hope, so as I did it three days after I signed up. The number to call is [protected]. i DID GET A CONFIRMATION NUMBER

• Je
    Jennifer T. Apr 09, 2009

Hello, thank you for everyone getting on here to tell your story. I signed up yesterday, and the email didnt come. So I called. Sean said, "we'll email you again, if it doesnt come in 24 hours call us back. Then as I kept looking at that googletreasurechest.com I realized how juvenile the author of the texts sounds in my head. It says, you need the sign in email from the letter I sent you. Then when you click contact me at the bottom, the email they provide gets returned to you.

So I started to get nervous and searched for these complaints.

Then I called googletreasurechest at [protected]
    spoke to Reagan (a male) ee#12067
    I informed him that I had found these complaints
    That I need his name, number and my confirmation #

I called WELLS FARGO and they issued two stop payments for 71.21 (amt my material says it would charge my account and 72.21 (the common amount you guys had post).
    They say the stop hold is active for 6 months and I could reactivate it again then..

Chuck Turner Apr 27, 2009

More info on the scam and legal action being taken against it:

• Ke
    Keith Bates May 13, 2009

I too was taken in by Google Treasure Chest.I only authorized the payment for the cd which is no real help. I then find a $72.21 charge on my account that I did NOT authorize.It is a SCAM!!!

Chuck Turner May 13, 2009

Keith, you need to submit a complaint here addressed to the Utah Attorney General's Office:

Then send a copy to the Attorney General in your own state (if you live here in the US) - you can find contact details here:

Also send a copy to the FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

Company/ Person to file a complaint against:
    Google Treasure Chest (Jon Eborn)
    2249 Gambel Oak Dr,
    Sandy, UT 84092
    Phone [protected]
    www.googletreasurechest.com

Dispute the unauthorised card charges with your bank as if you did not agree to them or know about them then it is fraud.

jason l May 18, 2009

I found out the hard way that this is a scam and they charge 72.21. I was lucky enough to call within in the time and i was told that as long as I return the software that I will be refunded. I called the same number that has been posted many times [protected]). I was given a cancellation code and was also given a code for the return. The only problem now is trying to get my bank to reverse any of the additional charges for the overdraft. IF ANYONE IS GOING TO TRY THIS OR ANY OTHER "WORK AT HOME PROGRAM" READ THE TERMS AND CONDINTIONS 100% ALL THE WAY THROUGH! THAT HAS BEEN THE MISTAKE THAT WE HAVE MADE AND HAVE SUFFERED BECAUSE OF IT!

• Ye
    yellehs May 21, 2009

OK so I too conviently found a 72.21 charge taken out of my account which charged me an overdraft fee. I called the 1-800 number listed on my checking statement and i asked what company i was calling and the answer i got was this is a call center for several different companies. I then said well I have this mysterious charge on my checking for 72.21 and dont know where it came from. The lady asked me for my name so I gave it to her she then asked for my address I refused because I said i didnt know where this charge was coming from, she said she had to verify my info, i gave her bits of my address but nothing more. She finally told me that it was googe treasure chest I told her i did not authorize this charge and she said yes you did when you signed up you had 7 days I said ok good well i just got this in the mail like 3 days ago, so why am i already being charged 72.21 she said your free trial started when you singed up not when you got the CD I was like OK so I guess I did not see that so i asked her to cancel and then asked when i would get my money back. She then told me that she could not refund my money until they received the CD back I said ok good so where do i ship it she gave me an address she then said i would recommend getting it certified. So I got off the phone after she gave me a RGN number and a cancellation number and decided to check out the site, here to find out that she did not give me the complete right address and that you have to send it certified or you do not get your money back. This was 5/11/09 when they received it back in draper UT and it is now 5/21/09 and I still do not have my money and of course i try and call and they are only oopen 9-5 mon-fri mountain time. Argh... I did file a complaint with the BBB but did not hear anything back yet. Has anyone recieved there refund yet?

mark May 27, 2009

I was also a victim of this scam. It seems like my credit card company, Travelocity Mastercard does not really care. I was informed that numerous complaints have been filed. Duh!!!

I am faxing a letter to contest the charges.

Google is going to anniliate this company because it's illegal to use their name in the URL.

Angelia May 31, 2009

Hello! My name is Angelia, and I was scammed too! Unfortunately, they only got $1.97 from me . Fortunately, I have always been one who was skeptical in buying this offline or with my credit or debit card. Whenever using a card to order anything, I always use prepaid debit cards. And who ever thought they were scamming me, they may have got the $1.97, but I got the last laugh, because that was all that was on that particular card. Yep, nothing more or less. So, once agin I would like to remind everyone out there, only use prepaid cards with only the amount of money you are going to use.

• Hp
    hp_notiq Jun 01, 2009

HELLO GOOGLE GOT ME ALSO, THEY TOLD ME TO GET STARTED IT WILL ONLY COST 1.95 AND I HAD 30 DAYS TO CANCEL MY ORDER. I NEVER RECIEVED THE DISC BUT THEY STILL TOOK 72.21 FROM ME. SO I CANCELLED MY ORDER THEN ANOTHER PART OF GOOGLE TOOK 36.22 FROM MY ACCOUNT AND I ENDED UP WITH A 36.OO OVERDRAFT FEE FROM MY BANK. SILL TO THIS DAY I HAVENT RECIEVED THE DISC OR MY REFUND. IVE BEEN CALLING FOR A REFUND FOR A MONTH, EVERY TIME I CALLED THEY SAY THE REFUND HAS BEEN PROCESS AND WAIT 10 BUSINESS TO GET THE REFUND OR THEY COMPUTERS ARE DOWN. THEY ARE A BUNCH OF SCAMMERS.

• Ju
    JulieL Jun 04, 2009

I also was scammed. I received the $72.21 charge from google treasure chest. I agreed to pay for an informational video that was "free" but I had to pay shipping. Then I had another charge that showed up on my card for about $28. The name on my card was A-1 member, I've never heard of them but I called and they're affiliated with Google Treasure Chest. I cancelled that, they gave me a cancellation number. Today I had a charge from SAFE LOCK !!! This was for another $32 and some change! THEY TOO ARE AFFILIATED WITH GOOGLE TREASURE CHEST!!! They told me you agreed to the service when I signed up for Google treasure Chest! I didn't sign up for anything! I paid for shipping on a free informational DVD! I just think it's ironic that a company like SAFE LOCK that has a service that is supposed to protect you from identity theft would involve themselves in a total scam like this! They've stolen money from people just like the identity thieves! I cancelled with all three companies and received cancellations numbers from all. I talked to my credit card company who reported the charges as fraudulent and advised me to handle the card as a possible lost or stolen. That way they don't close your account which can affect your credit. They just cancel that number and issue you a new card with a new account number. I don't want anymore surprises from this company or their affiliates. Watch for other charges on your credit cards carefully! I can't even imagine how much money these companies make if just one payment goes through and doesn't get caught! Look how many are on this page! Some don't discover it for months! This should be illegal and everyone should contact their states attorney general's office. that's my next contact today! Good luck to all!

Julie

jasmine Jun 10, 2009

i called and cancelled my account after they charged me and they said that my money would be refunded and today i called and all of the numbers are disconnected

• Eb
    EBI510 Jun 24, 2009

Do not listen to these people who state this is not a scam. They are plants from the company Google Chest. The only way to get your money back is to go to your credit card company or your bank and tell them this company is a scam and you did not authorize this charge and you want a CHARGE BACK. This is the only way I have been trying to get my money back since May 15th. I have been to the Attorney General, BBB and the FTC.. The FTC stated that everytime they track them down and get to the address they are gone. They are very good at what they do. Forget trying the upteen numbers. They give you the run around to tire you out and keep your money. It is to much paperwork and they have to prove their service or product to keep your money on a chargeback.
    That is the only way. Go to the Fraud Dept. of your bank, file a claim for a charge Back. That is the only way you will ever see your money again.

You must call either Safe lock, Google Chest or Grant Springs and Cancel your account first. Otherwise they will keep charging your card. Depends which one got your card number
    Safe Lock: [protected] Grant Springs: [protected]