Google Money Treeunauthorized charges

Okay, after further investigation, I went to the website: www.googlemoneytree.com and pulled up the Terms and Conditions and I will insert below what I read. I did call the toll-free number and got the same "response" as the former number I called. I read about this information from www.careerbuilders.com as I am looking for employment. At the top of the website is a very convincing story of instant wealth with FREE grant money and that is where I got started with all this Fraud! The website for that is: www.lindasbailoutblog.com. I also signed up for the FREE grant money and it said I was eligible so I paid $3.95 and I am still waiting for the CD information! That website is: www.granthelporder.com and I was charged an additional $74.95. So now I have to contend with this also! I hop some of the information I have given will help anyone else to recover there money! Please keep me posted or email me @ rita.[protected]@sbcglobal.net. I will be glad to talk to anyone and help if I can. Good Luck to us all!
Kathy Markham

• Le
    Lemonta Renna McBroom Jan 04, 2010

Google Money Tree

Notice of intent: When I see the name Google, I have high expectations. What I do not understand is why Google continues to allow this crime, why they do not take legal action against the scammer. Thus, a reasonable conclusion is Google is as much to blame for this criminal activity as the criminal, coconspirators by complaisance. In the least, Google should protect its name by warning users of the unauthorized activities, and continue to do so until it ends, but they do not. Perhaps this criminal conduct is authorized and Google is receiving their cut, thus Google has no incentive to stop it. We do not, and should not take this irresponsible attention to users. The good news is, we can do something about this if Google will not. We, as users need only realize that Google is not the only internet tool available and is not entitled to our consumption correspondently. I assure you, if we let Google know we will no longer use their services because of this kind of inattention, Google [w]ill correct the problem and we will no longer be subject to these kinds of scamming. Otherwise stop crying and continue to be scammed.

• Pe
    percyk Sep 24, 2009

hi i just went through this also, heres what i did i called my credit card company and reported it as a fraud then i called the company the number was on my statement and i informed that that if they did not cancel and refund all my money i would go to the media and a lawyer!! it took about 3 emails and an hour and bang money was refunded right away. they will try to tell u that you are not co-operating but keep at it and tell them u will go to media and lawyer as u did not ask for this product and they will refund once u threaten they dont want the media to get hold of this as it is a scam!!! good luck to all. i have also notified my credit card company and they have red flagged this company

thanks
    Priscilla

• Wo
    Wolota Aug 21, 2009

I ordered this too, and hadnt been able to access my user name and password - i wasnt aware that there would be further charges after paying for the google money kit which was affordable, i have just noticed that they have been taking $80 every month for the past 3 months. I called them today and a company that i dealt with profitstudiolearning.com aka pacific webworks insisted that this was on each and every page on their website - which i didnt see at all!
    I didnt receive anything from them either - dont know what else to do now to persuade them to pay me back.

have cancelled bank card but have lost a reasonable amount of money

Dishonest and misleading - proper scam!

• Do
    Dory B Jul 24, 2009

BEWARE! This is where I found the Money Tree Scam!

Here is the Link:

• Do
    Dory B Jul 24, 2009

Wow. I'm glad I read your comment as well as others. I was about to order this product but decided to do a search on possible fraud. It sounded too good to be true. I am financially in a bind right now and was hoping that I could find a realiable source on the internet to make money from home. This website I visited stated that the Google Money Tree Kit was praised by ABC, CNN and USA Today. I can't believe what a scam this really is. How dissapointing! I am fortunate that I decided to research it first. I do hope all of you get your money back. I am so sorry.

• Sn
    snapdragon Jul 24, 2009

Try contacting the bank that took the charges out of your account and ask for a refund. I had a fraudulent charge for something similar and it was an instant refund.
    also let your bank know it was fraud and contest the charge.

• 2n
    2no_or_not2no Jul 11, 2009

Pls list the website so that other may help you. The website I went to had a shipping and handling charge, and Very clear cut terms and conditions. ALWAYS read the fine print before making a purchase. ALSO if you have to submit your credit card info, anywhere, on the internet then it's not free. EVEN if it says Free trial.
    On the website I visited you had 6 days to cancel and it even provided an address where to go to cancel. So to recap 1) if ever asked for your credit card info, IT. IS. NOT. FREE., 2nd) READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO.

• Al
    Alisson Jul 11, 2009

My son ordered the "FREE" information kit for google money tree and asked me to take a look at it. I was worried, so went online. I read the fine print, and since he never signed up officially he thought he was okay. NOT! They took the funds out of the bank anyway, $72 that he does not have to throw away! He had to cancel his bank card just to get it to stop!

• Ni
    nigunit24 Jul 01, 2009

Yes, I bought into the Google Money Tree scam that was offering work at home statis and a package that was spose to contain materials that would jump stat my career. I paid the 2.00 dollar fee and was charged 75.00 dollars on my account. Any one have suggestions on how i can go about retriving my money or anything or is it something that you bladently lost. please email me for suggestions [email protected] thank you

Joan Gu Jun 03, 2009

Here is my story.

We have been pay by the credit card since 12/11/2008 for this money tree system we never signed up. I asked for the refund and was denied. When I called, they told me that they sent me the package with a CD but we never received. I asked what address they sent to me and they did not tell me. Then, they wanted me to tell them my address to verify my address. I have paid monthly fee for last 6 months for nothing . Do you happen to know there is any place I can at least complaint?

Thanks!

Joan Gu

• Ve
    vernet teagle May 10, 2009

I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE SAME JUST RECENT MAY 9TH AND UNAUTHRIZED PAYMENT IS PENDING IN MY UNEMPLOYMENT ACCOUNT AND I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THIS COMPANY AND THIS IS ONE OF MY LAST UNEMPLOYMENT CHECKS THE NUMBER ON MY STATEMENT DOES NOT WORK WHY ARE WE ALL TALKING ABOUT THIS WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT NOW HOW MANY OF US IS IT ANYWAY

Checky0self Apr 05, 2009

I'm reading the terms and conditions right now. That's why I did search first to see if this was valid. You MUST do your homework first.

It does state right in there that they charge more than just what they tell you to get you in their door.

Be smarter than them, do your research first!

• So
    SomeGuy Apr 05, 2009

Yeah, let me guess the website said it was recommended by San Antonio Living. I seriously doubt you could find the recommendation on the San Antonio Living website or magazine. You really should know better. There are a ton of these scams going on right now. You'd better cancel your card because they will bill you $47 next month. I'm not condoning their business practices, but it was probably in the small print. You know what they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.

• Cy
    Cynthia O Apr 02, 2009

I authorized $1.95 for shipping & handling for a CD which is free of charge. It teaches you how to work from home and that is what the CD is for. It came highly recommended by San Antonio Living which is why i ordered the CD. I used a link from their website to get to the order form. Today there is a $47.00 charge to my debit card. I asked my bank to look into this charge and the only thing they could see was a toll free number which is invalid. [protected]. Error Message #45-3 is what it says. I still have not received the CD. I am unemployed at this time and that money is like a hundred to me right now. There was no fine print for anything other than the $1.95 for shipping & handling. That is a wrong way to do business, no integrity.

• Ga
    Gabby Haxoff Mar 27, 2009

This is basically a scam. They charge under $10 for access to "hot information." In the fine print they say they'll be charging your account over $70/month! However, if you don't read the fine print very carefully, as I did not, they refuse to reverse the charge when you call. I never once accessed the information. But when I called to have the charge reversed, the service rep said he can't reverse the charge. When I asked to speak with a manager who could reverse the charge the rep said managers don't take calls! Sure seems like a scam.

• kthymarkham Mar 02, 2009

Sorry I forgot to add the Important information I promised:
    From Google Money Tree Terms & Conditions:

Shipping & Other Fees
    Upon submitting a request for Membership, a Member ID and Password are assigned to you and can be used to gain access to googlemoneytree.com. The initial shipping and handling charge of three dollars and eighty eight cents, includes the Internet Money Tree Kit as well as seven days worth of access to the online directories and training. After seven days, if you choose not to cancel, you will be billed your first monthly membership fee of seventy two dollars and twenty one cents for the membership fee for the googlemoneytree.com membership. Membership fees will be charged to the credit card used by you to complete the transaction.

If you choose to sign up for this product and pay the recurring monthly charges using a debit card you hereby provide pre-authorization and consent that googlemoneytree.com may charge seventy two dollars and twenty one cents on a monthly basis. You may stop payment on any pre-authorized charge by notifying googlemoneytree.com at least three business days prior to the scheduled charge date. You agree your pre-authorization and written consent to charge your debit card is given in electronic form by submitting the request for the membership, and that an electronic signature is sufficient to authenticate your authorization to charge the debit card. You further agree that these terms and conditions shall be your copy of your pre-authorization for the debit card.

Upon completion of the order form, should your credit card be declined, we may, at our option continue to try to authorize your purchase on future dates. Your acceptance of these terms indicates your additional acceptance that should your purchase of either the shipping for your free kit, or your monthly membership fee eventually approve, you will accept and approve those charges to your method of payment.

30 Day Unconditional Satisfaction Guarantee and Cancellation Requirements
    At any time during the first thirty days, if you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may call customer service at [protected] for a refund of your monthly subscription and the shipping fee. When you call, a customer representative will give you an RGA (Return Goods Authorization) number. The kit must then be returned with the RGA number. You must be able to confirm delivery to receive your refund. Please ship your kit with a delivery confirmation to our fulfillment center: 405 East 12450 South, Suite G, Draper, Utah 84020. Note: This address is for returns only. All other correspondence must be sent to the address on the website.

• Bu
    buddy Feb 27, 2009

I was charged $72.21 from google money tree. Had put in for the free merchendise. Got a call from someone named Steve. Told him I didn't want it. Never heard anymore untill I got a charge on my credit card. Called Google Money tree. Was informed to bad. That's my problem. Called the credit card company. Apparantly it's in dispute now. Is this a scam being run by Google?

• Lw
    lwtarry Feb 24, 2009

Signed up for information to work at home. Was told I had a free kit but needed to pay shipping. Ok, $3.80 didn't sound like I was going to be taken to the cleaners. Never received the product, or an email to confirm the purchase. This was two weeks ago that I signed up for this and now today I notice a 72.00 charge on my credit card. I called up Google Money Tree to get my money back and was told that there will not be any refunds given. That I had plenty of time to cancel the account and that I should have read the very fine print before I signed up for the product. The customer service rep then hung up on me and now I need to get with my bank and file a fraud charge and a hassel.

• Js
    jsnake Feb 24, 2009

i've just ordered this too.now i find out all of this stuff..wow.what now?

chelysteamer Feb 18, 2009

I purchased a CD for only shipping chages of $3.88. After that I logged onto the website to only find the opening page. I tried to flip through the website to only find a very the site very user unfriendly. I was also charged a monthly fee of $72 for a so called subscription, before I even logged onto the website. Since then I have tried to return the CD and get my money back. However I was only successful enough to find smug customer service rep that acted like he was doing me a favor by letting me keep the CD. And he also smuggly explained there would be no refund, and that his superiors were not interested in discussing this further.

Christina Feb 16, 2009

Just to let everyone know, I called the customer service number and threatened to contact everyone on this page and file a lawsuit and they refunded the entire charge plus the shipping and handling. I would do this asap!

• Lb
    LB San Mateo, Ca Feb 12, 2009

My compaint is the same as everyone here...Unfortunately this doesnt look like a fight I am going to win. Its horrible how a company can profit when NO ONE can say anything positive about them and they have charged hundreds, if not thousands, of people for absolutley nothing. Not even the BBB(Better Business Bureau) would answer my email.

Mary Blackburn Feb 10, 2009

The same thing happened to me. Expecting only a charge of 3.88, there was an additional charge for $72.21. I called and was told I was to have canceled within 7 days if I did not want this. However, the DVD had not even arrived within 7 days nor any other information. The customer service person would NOT reimburse my money, saying she had no authority. THIS IS A HUGE SCAM! I will be going to the Better Business Bureau.
    I think anything that shows on ADSENSE is a scam. Every advertisement you go into says you will pay for shipping or for a trial, etc. VERY MISLEADING.

• Ar
    Arden L. Keck Feb 03, 2009

Complaints in google-money-tree.com

Google Money Tree
    Posted: 2008-12-04 by Stanley [send email]

Unauthorized charges

Complaint Rating:
    I requested the free CD which cost $3.88 cents shipping and handling. No where did I see any other charges mentioned.
    When I got my credit card statement ther was a charge for $ 72.21 as well as the charge for $3.88. The phone number next to both charges went to a number that had nothing to do with money tree. When we called the number thaey could not give us any information on anything. I'm angry!

• Ro
    rob Jan 26, 2009

good thing i found this i was considering sending for the kit...

• Ta
    Taken Jan 18, 2009

This company is a total fraud. I paid $3.88 S & H only for a CD and nothing else. Two withdrawls of $72.71 later I was informed by my ban that there in nothing they can do. The phone number they give with the withdrawl IS NOT the same that you get. The fine print on this company that the banks can't even find it. BEWARE nothing is ever free.

• Pv
    Pvknitwit Jan 07, 2009

If you had looked under the "Terms and Conditions" for the product it clearly states: "Upon submitting a request for Membership, a Member ID and Password are assigned to you and can be used to gain access to googlemoneytree.com. The initial shipping and handling charge of three dollars and eighty eight cents, which includes the Google Money Tree Kit as well as seven days worth of access to the online directories and training. After seven days, if you choose not to cancel you will be billed your first monthly membership fee of seventy two dollars and twenty one cents for the membership fee for the googlemoneytree.com membership. blah blah blah ...No refunds of any kind . . . blah blah blah

I, too, have made stupid decisions like this in the past, but NOW I know to READ THE FINE PRINT. They may be slimy, but they DID cover their bases - legally...

• Cl
    Clare Jan 03, 2009

I answered an email add, was informed that there was a 3.88 charge for the info, (thought it was thru google, which I assumed was a ligit company), I got the disc in the mail, have not even opened it, and the company has charged me an additional 73.21 for member ship that I never agreed to sign up for.

Also was told there was no refund, because since I agreed to the 3.88 they had permission to take the 73.21. I would never had purchased this if I had known any of this.

• Pp
    ppacer Dec 29, 2008

I just took the advice to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. If you were also scammed by this company I suggest you do the same. You can do it all online and it only takes a few minutes. Maybe if enough of us complain they will take action against this company.

Has anyone got their money back?

mary garder Dec 20, 2008

paid for on my credit card for the google money tree. I was issued a user name and password to log in and no matter what I did I was not allowed access to the site.

• Sh
    Sharon Rogers Dec 19, 2008

Please read Comments by Sharon Rogers to Susan Pierce on 12/19/08 at "Work At Home" under Google Money Tree

• Al
    Alicia Dec 16, 2008

The Google Money Tree is a total scam. I sent my CD back the day it arrived and I have had two lots of $90.00 CDN taken from my bank. They will not refund me either. Please file your complaints to the Federal Trade Commission. To try and stop others getting sucked in.

• St
    Stanley Dec 04, 2008

When I got my credit card statement ther was a charge for $ 72.21 as well as the charge for $3.88. The phone number next to both charges went to a phone sex line. I am currently working with the fruad department of my credit card company to reverse the charges.

• On
    OnlineHunk Dec 02, 2008

these schemas are just like and that how they make money. There is nothing like making money easily. Assume that you have a secreat of making money easily why would you share with other ??

• Be
    becky Dec 02, 2008

i received a 7day triel and 2 days later they charged my account 89.00, I had only had the trial sample 2days, I still have the samples that were left