Goodwill Industries Logo

Goodwill Industries

Having problems with Goodwill Industries?

Goodwill Industries reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 9, 2007. The latest review discriminating employees was posted on Jun 11, 2021. The latest complaint don't work or shop at goodwill was resolved on Oct 22, 2014. Goodwill Industries has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 249 reviews. Goodwill Industries has resolved 47 complaints.

Goodwill Industries Customer Service Contacts

5810 Indianola Drive
Derwood, Maryland
United States - 20855

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Goodwill Industries Customer Service. Initial Goodwill Industries complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Goodwill Industries above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Goodwill Industries. Discuss the issues you have had with Goodwill Industries and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Goodwill Industries Complaints & Reviews

Goodwill Industriesclassified info

I hate your rules. When an employee's wife asks things that are classified, tell them. Because if you don't tell the wife and something like that happens you will get sued. I can make sure of that. Goodwill Santee. Now change the rule that when a family members come in, or I will sue you guys. This isn't a threat, its a promise. Other people like your customers HATE your rules. When someone like me is married to someone and worried about someone that works there, doesn't matter if its so called classified that person isn't going to hurt them, if you guys think they will, then you need help. Because married couples wont cause problems and wont hurt that employee. I can show you hurt if you want me too.. I cant tell names because its classified as you guys would say. So change the rules or I will sue you guys. And then those employees will be out of jobs and it will be your fault not mine. -A

Goodwillrude managers

I have been going to the store for years and don't get me wrong there are some very nice people that work there but, the managers are very rude especially the tall heavy women in her late twenties. She is very rude, and always has a poor attitude. I never once was rude to her I would smile and she would give me a dirty look. I ask her a question about a price of something and she responded rudely and always gives me a poor attitude. There is another old manager there with grey hair in his 50's that is rude also. I was there right before closing and there was a person in front of me with a hundred things in her carriage and instead of offering to check me out at the other register...he just stands there acting like hes doing something.I asked to see something in the case and get a poor attitude also from the same guy. Someone please hire more people with better attitudes and stop hiring head cases! I can keep complaining about the place but I would be here all night! Bad enough they raised the prices of everything and you have to put up with negativity! I treat them with respect treat me with it! No wonder why people litter all over the parking lot and leave cans and trash on the shelf! Goodwill does nothing to keep the place clean either except organizing the shelves.To the manager at Goodwill with the poor attitude, leave your personal problems at home! Never had an issue at any other Goodwill store except this place! I have spent thousands of dollars over the years and this is no way to be treated!

Goodwillstolen bike

I went o goodwill with my daughter 08/19/2015 and the employee in the store advise we could not take her bike to the back so we put the bike inside the store in the front. The employee knew the bike did not belong to the store she saw us put it there she herself told us we could not take the bike to the back and she sold the bike to another customer for one dollar and had the nerve to say I'm sorry about it. I contacted good will and I was told there was nothing they could do about it and that they were not responsible for the employee's actions. There is a camera inside the store I mean come in really. Needless to say I'm am going to file legal charges, I have already filed the police report. I'm going to make sure I do no back down. I work very hard for my money. I can't believe she would sell the bike knowing it did not belong to the store.

Goodwill — broken items, overpriced, sell broken toys or toys missing parts

I purchased many items in this goodwill, they sell broken items give you two hours hold even if the item ha...

Goodwill Laundry — Female co workers lie on you in goodwill laundry

Please do not work at Goodwill Laundry, Goodwill Laundry is evil, wicked, crooked and poisoned, If you work...

Goodwill Laundry & Linen Services — Can't keep nobody in that department

Goodwill Laundry can't keep nobody and good co-workers in that department, Goodwill Laundry ain't...

Goodwill Laundry and Linen Services — Lie, make false accusations on you and tarnish your reputation

When I was working in Goodwill Laundry from 2005 to 2007, A female hmong co worker lied on me, made false...

Goodwill TarzanaGoodwill Tarzana manager

Im so disgusted by this store manager, Her name ELSA TICAS shes a thief, she steals everyday and nobody tries anything to stop her. Shes steals and hides merchandise for then her family t come and take it, she changes prices for her to buy . She steals, shes unprofessional and a thief . I don't understand how she got the manager position . Someone has to stop her, I have called corporate but they don't care . People stop shopping there Managers are, thief .

• Ta
            TA DeVoy Jun 30, 2015

I had a feeling this happens at Goodwill & other thrift shops. My Mom has a limited am';t of money from SSI & depends on these places for her clothing. She and I have said this for years - there is NEVER anything desirable at these stores. You would think, judging by what I and my friends/neighbors have donated, that there would be SOME fashionable clothing or clothing in relatively good shape. All we ever find are stained shirts & quite frankly...garbage. WE knew the employees had to be hiding the good clothes for themselves.

Goodwill — barry the manager at 6607 south blvd, charlotte, nc

I was shopping on 6/26/15 and as I was checking out a manager named Barry walked up. He was extremely rude...

Goodwill — no price tag policy

I've frequented and loved our one local Millington Goodwill for years for one reason more than any...

Goodwill — manager took item from checkout cart

I went to Goodwill Hampton VA been many times, I go to the Outlet side and this was the first time I have run...

Goodwillrude managers

I went to goodwill looking for some shirts to start a new job. There sign said all shirts $3.00. I found 2 shirts went to the register to checkout and the manager told me one of the shirts was not on sale its was going to cost me $22! Because it was name brand. I proceeded to tell her there no exclusion to your sign that says ALL SHIRTS $3.00. She told don't me it doesn't matter everyone knows this brand name is excluded. Well for one how is everyone suppose to know if there's no sign and 2 it's a goodwill store! Why on earth are they charging retail prices when the clothes are donated! She refused to sell me the shirt for the $3.00. I asked for her managers number and asked her to hold the shirt for me. I called and left her a message. The other manager called me back and after about 10 minutes of trying to explain to me why this brand name was not on sale even though there was no sign saying exclusion apply she decided to tell me I could go back and get the shirt this one time for the $3.00. I went back to the store asked the manager that was there early that I put the shirt on hold with to please get me shirt that I spoke with the other manager and she was going to call you to let me have it at $3.00. She told ne she put the shirt back I went to look for it of course it was gone. I can not imagine how this place stays ope with charging outrageous prices for clothes and having such poor customer service.

• 1skippy Feb 17, 2015

Some one at the store wanted the shirt, got it for the $3.00 and probably got an employee discount.

Goodwill Industries Of Southeastern Wisconsin — Troy Norman, Robert Schneeburg, and Vernetter Montgomery are poisoning goodwill industries

Troy Norman, Robert Schneeburg, and Vernetter Montgomery are poisoning Goodwill Industries by hiring bad...

Goodwill Industries — don't work or shop at goodwill

I agree with the complaints posted. I was employed by Goodwill in SC for several years. It was a hostile work...

Tacoma Goodwill Industries Port Townsend, WA — rude employee

My kids dad was banned by a sick employee who took something he said the wrong way. Without even talking to...

Goodwillfraud

Goodwill industries or thrift inc.. has become the biggest rip off and perpetration on the poor working class people of the Western, and from what i understand the Eastern United States. I witnessed them putting stuff to the side to be sold on the good will website. They take any and all things worth value and horde them away for profit for the owners. Please do not buy anything from the stores and if you do be sure to let them know you are on to them as well stand together of fall apart. This is nothing new, they have just stepped up the corporate greed factor by 10 recently as of early 2014 it has become known that they lie to the people who shop there and donate hoping the donations will help those less fortunate, make no mistake the contributions only serve to fatten the pockets of the owners of the establishment. Never giving back anything to those who could really benefit from the help. What the company has done is jack up prices, security and profits for the greedy bosses. They have what i like to call Licker's in the back rooms and donation spots who not just visually inspect each item google it to find out the value and then horde it away for the website or wherever else it may go to fill the pockets of the soulless owners. The reason i call them lickers is the inspections go far beyond just glancing at an item then deciding weather to put it out or steal it away for greedy fat loathsome owners, the lickers are encouraged to lick each item and really taste it for worth. That part may seem like a bit much, but it is not far from the truth. I can just see them back in the donation area just licking, each and every item for value. Rolling around in old clothes, underwear, toys, and old bedding, like the filthy dogs that they are. Wake up people you are being ripped off by the very people who's name is supposed to mean something special, One of the crazy irony's is that these lickers as i call them gain nothing by greasing the disgusting people who command them to do the bidding, Look around next time you are in one of the locations, which if you have not noticed are more numerous than Starbucks these days, Who needs FEMA camps when they got the masses scrambling around for scraps of the leftover filth from Goodwill lickers back there just licking away at silver gold beautiful old glass porcelain, antiques they even take any of the clothes worth money now to sell themselves for huge profit leaving old target as is pallets they buy by the ton to sell to the poor for 6.99 for a pair of shorts that are not worth 2 bucks and did not sell at Kmart for 3.99 suggested MSRP. Do your homework, scam report do not take it lying down. I hope you all petition for them to shut these places down like Goodwill has done to almost every other Thrift Store around how can they survive with this leviathan out there gobbling up every thing good left about the will of real people we need to kill the beast before it kills us. You used to be able to go there and find some decent things to have in your home if you did not have the money or to sell yourself for a little extra food money, get a few decent pieces of clothing to feel better about yourself no more...

Goodwillmanager steals from donation box

Today (Saturday, March, 29) I visited the store in Greenville, Ohio Located on Wagner Avenue. I went inside for some tea. While I was at the check out I dropped a quarter on the floor. The quarter rolled directly into the crack of a product rack. It was one of those "one in a million" shots that you could spend the rest of your life trying to get and never hit. The manager was running the check out and said "you could never do that again if you tried". I then said that I need to get that quarter. An employee walked over and stuck a knife into the crack and pushed the quarter into the point of no return. I told the manager again that I need to get that quarter. She said sorry it is gone. Again I said that I need to get that quarter. She said that it is Not going to happen. I put my purchase on the counter and said that the store owes me a quarter and I am going to be here until I get it. She then became somewhat Irate and hit the illiteracy donation box and opened it up and took a quarter out and handed it to me. I was in shock and did not know what to say. I left and went to my car still in a state of shock not knowing how to react. I sat in the car for a few minutes trying to comprehend what had just happened. I started my long drive home, which is about 30 minutes away, and realized that she had just made me complicit in a crime committed against a charity. I feel so terrible and guilt ridden that I can hardly deal with myself.

This Can NOT be Tolerated. It will NOT be Tolerated. I am going to call the cops, and then I am going to contact every news station in the Area, in addition to posting this on every Social Media Site as well as forums across the world wide web because this has to be known that the Store Manager at the Dollar General Store on Wagner Avenue in Greenville is a Thief.

I will return to the store on Monday and put the quarter back into the Donation box where it belongs. Hopefully by then the Manager will be incarcerated for stealing from all of those needy people who are in dire straights to learn how to read.

I suspect the Manager lacks the intelligence to know that typically over 60% of that money goes to administration costs and only 40% goes to the intended recipients. That 25 cents could make the difference of giving someone the chance to learn how to read.

• Di
                  Diskordea Jun 16, 2014

All this over a quarter? Why did you make such a big deal about losing it in the first place.

Goodwilloverpriced junk

The west jefferson goodwill store is way overpricing the junk that has been given to them... On several occassions I have found items priced higher than what even our local walmart would charge for instance on my last trip I found a new, small, foldable cooler / lunchbox with a sale sticker of $19. 80 on it, thinking wow this is outrageous I peeled of the sticker to see how much it was originally, underneath there was a walmart clearence sticker for $10. 49 and underneath that clearence sticker I found the original price of 13. 99... Its ridiculous that goodwill would take something that was donated and price it for more than what it was brand new at walmart. Like I said this is one instance of many... Goodwill shouldnt be here to make the owners even bigger millionares but to help the poor people of america... The owners of goodwill should open a store that everything is completly free especially to homeless people.. I mean the stuff filling the stores are donations from people for less fortunate family for cheaper not higher

Goodwill Of Orange County, CBS — underpaid wages

My handicapped niece, who has been employed through the Goodwill's CBS services, has been paid far below...

Goodwill — wont pay

My family is homeless still watting for goodwiill to settel his case his worker compensation. He got hurt...