Goodwill Industries Logo

Goodwill Industries

Having problems with Goodwill Industries?

5810 Indianola Drive
Derwood, Maryland
United States - 20855

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Goodwill Industries.

Complaints & Reviews

Goodwill Cargo, Qatarcargo missing

I have sent cargo of 20 pcs with receipt no. [protected] by Sea cargo details of company below.
Good Will Cargo,
POBox no. 6679, Doha, Qatar.
Ph: (+974) [protected] Mob ; +974 [protected], [protected]

out of 20 pcs sent from above cargo only 19 pcs have received in booked location Hyderabad. More than one year has passed one pcs is still missing. I would like file complaint for cargo and claim for missing items.
Kindly take strict action against them.

Regards,

SMAli

• Ge
      genyfer23 Jan 24, 2013

we just waiting for our two boxes.it was sent last jan.14, 2013...under ATLAS CARGO.so please give us details.or contact us.mrs.genyfer badilla..[protected], thanks

pls. give us your contact office number here in manila...

• Ha
      Hari Navaikulam Iyer Nov 03, 2015

Received my cargo on 4th May.As I was busy I couldn't open the parcel in front of the delivery boy.

It was totally damaged when I opened it and I couldn't use any of the items in the parcel.It contained chester with two units, washing powder, paper etc.It is a total loss for me.

Good will cargo people are telling I have to open the box infront of the delivery man before receipt. Even the delivery man doesn't have the time
      to wait. THIS CARGO DELIVERY IS A WASTE OF MONEY FOR ME.
      Thanking you
      Yours faithfully
      Hari Iyer

• Su
      Suhaib2009 Mar 06, 2016

Recently good will cargo cheating the customer who sending to India. It taking more than 1 month to deliver India by Air cargo

Goodwill Columbia KYwas not exposed to sell till 12pm today

we have been bidding on a 1996 sundance car for over 2 weeks, 1st it was exposed to be auctioned off to the 4 high bidders, then it changed, the title did not come in so they kept it going, then they told us that we had to call every day till the title came in and keep bidding on it, well we did for 2 weeks, then last night when my mom called the woman at the goodwill said the title came in and she had till 12pm today to bid on the car, then this morning they called her and told her they sold the car after they told her she had till 12pm today 2 bid on it, they asked her last night what she was going to bid on it and she said her next bid was 1500.00 well they sold it for 1450.00 i do so believe the manager sold it to one of her friends, this is not right, they have been lying and scamming this the whole time, my mom is 68 yrs old, depressed and crying, not believe they did this to her, someone needs to do something about this, in my opinion the should give the 1450.00 to my mom to buy a car, they get it free then scam people, that is not right, the say they r trying ti help people, that is a lie, THEY R SCAMERS!

Goodwill Industries Of Southeastern Wisconsin — Finally goodwill industries is falling apart since 2009, 2010, and 2011

Finally, Goodwill Laundry Services in Milwaukee, Wisconsin are falling apart since 2009 First Shift...

Goodwill Home Care Servicesworst maid providing agency

Please take immediate action to avoid other families getting cheated.He is earning more than 50, 000 by cheating people.
      His company name:Goodwill Cehnnai home care services.
      Conatct name:Owner Sundar Raj and staff:Devika
      His conatct no:[protected]
      He send a person one day gets the deposit money (as pe their one month full salary around 80000) and the asks that lady to come back.He send the same lady to act in another house promise to work for one year.He abuses bad words if we ask for money and threatens that he wil file complaint that we killed the lady.Please take action as soon as possible.Worst maid agency.Cheaters they wont provide maid again and the person they provide wil work for a day or two.After that they wont refund the deposit and refuse to even attend call.They abuse cheaply if we ask our money to them.Please avoid this agency (they have branch in ayanavaram, vadapalani, kodambakam) in different names to cheat people.Please Beware.

Goodwill — lay off then what.

I was a Goodwill employee for 3 years and was laid off during budget cuts in a deceitful way. I spent 2 year...

Goodwill — unfair rules

I am working at the goodwill in defiance. I can honestly say not safely that I don't enjoy my job. I do...

Goodwill, Renton, WAgoodwill does not help employees with disabilities

Report on Goodwill Industries in Renton, WA hired from 10/15/2011 to 1/12/2012
        By Dick Rogers written on 1/18/2012
        [protected]@yahoo.com

I had 2 interviews with Lisa before being hired were she laid out how things work and what is expected of Goodwill employees including production goals that were supposed to be met. I also disclosed that I have a disability that affects the left side of my body especially my left arm and fingers due to a head injury on my right side. Lisa was going to hire me part time but decided to hire me full time and put me in Electronics Production section since I have an avid interest in electronics at home and as a hobby, all seemed well and I went to a scheduled orientation at the downtown Goodwill store on 10/15/2011 and was officially hired at minimum wage.
        From the start at Goodwill I started to see how really rigid they are about their rules and regulations, including something called Kaizon, which kind of reminds me of Feng Shuis’ twisted sister, it has to do with a workstations organization. Not having my coffee or any kind of drink at my station except water was a bummer but I could handle it, they also only let employees in and out of 1 of its 3 doors to keep down on employee thefts, which I did not see any of, they also ran inspections of lunch bags of employees twice, while I was there, for possible theft. I have no problem with any of this but they do run a tight ship. There are more but I’m not getting into all of them.
        Training from my predecessor went very good I thought and after about 2 weeks he left for another job and I was by myself.
        After a couple of weeks more I was starting to get the hang of my station but my numbers were low on my production goals, which were into the low to mid 170s to as high as into the 300s, which at the beginning I thought I could handle easily but proved to be much more difficult than I imagined. I could only do mid-80s to around 140s on a good day, depending on what went on during the day, well below Goodwill standards. Let me explain a little of what entails of electronics testing, I’ll be brief. I have 4 main areas. 1- Display areas (4 isles including TVs, VHSs, DVDs, CDs, Receivers and Misc. which is set up at the beginning of the day and TVs are plugged in (up to 8 TVs) and set up with a VCR to play throughout the day, then I go to the back and run my price tags for the day before going back to my station. 2, 3 & 4 are at my work station. 2- Large electronics are in their own area and are supposed to be done first, consisting of TVs, Lamps, Microwaves, Vacuums, Small refrigerators, Chilled water dispensers, Sewing machines w/attached table, Speakers, and any other large electronics, NO computers or laptops. 3- Blue carts 2 levels, top and bottom to a blue cart. They hold any electronics that do not fit into totes but are too small for the large area. 4- Totes hold smaller electronics and are stacked 5 high by 4 rows by 5 deep and are done last.
        Problems that might slow me down vary and are many and make it hard to judge my price tag count I’ll try to be brief again and may not get all of them. I have never put pen to paper on these problems, so to speak, lol, but Lisa has said on several occasions they factor these in. So here we go! Setting up at the beginning, I go to the display area and plug in the power strip and all of the TVs and VCR, grab a cassette making sure it’s family friendly of course and play video for display. I have to fix any problems like missing or loose cables in back of TVs, crossed splitter cables, adjust video settings, such as TVs need to be on channel 3 not video 1 for example, adjust volumes etc. then I go down the aisles looking for items that need replenishing, looking for misplaced merchandise, open or empty packages, broken items and anything wrong in the area as quickly as I can. Then go back and run my tags for the day. Usually takes about: 20 -:30 min. After that I do my :05 min drill, part of the Kaizon procedure and make sure I have everything and stocked up, get my time and tally sheets filled out, then on to the large electronics. I try to do TVs first so I can replenish any for display, problem is if TV does not work I have to take TV to the back and get it on a pallet for TVs that are to be recycled. I cannot always tell if the picture works until I hook it up to the display, and if it does not I have to take it back and try again, only happened a couple of times but I used to try to test them in back on every TV and that took longer, so I have to go and chance it to try and save time and just plug in TV in the back to see if the picture tube works and hope picture comes on when hooked up to display VCR. I used to take out large rear projection TVs and hook up a separate VCR to them but I either priced them too high or they were just too old to sell and pretty much quit trying to sell those unless they were exceptionally good and the additional setup was too long. Towards the end of the job I feel I was starting to get a good balance of TVs out on display in both size and features at a good price, which I was told to reduce after Christmas because of the perceived influx of TVs after Christmas. Vacuums and carpet cleaners where checked to see if hoses did not leak and brush rollers worked, emptied collected residue on bag less vacuums, did not sell bagged vacuums if bags were full. Floor lamps were checked if lights sockets worked and not broken, shades were in good order, pole and base were in OK condition. Absolutely NO Halogen lamps were allowed unless they had a protected wire mesh around the bulb. Small refrigerators had to be plugged in long enough to chill and verify they work, usually: 05 to: 10 min., I checked out other items during that time. A very light cleaning, admittedly I might have taken a little too much time with this type of item since it handled food. Then I moved on to the other different large electronics to finish that section. After large Items, which usually took minimum of: 60 to: 90 min. for me on a good day.
        Pretty much the same thing with the blue bins but with medium sized electronics such as Table lamps, Printers, DVD players, VCR players, CD and Tape players, Recorders, TV converter boxes, Stereo and Digital receivers, Microwave and Convection ovens, Fans, Sewing machines Etc. another :90 min at least.
        Totes held smaller electronics and could either be real easy or rather difficult and hold 1 item or dozens. If it had a cord or took a battery it landed here. Cordless telephones were time consuming matching base and handsets and taping them so they did not separate, same with coffee makers and carafes. Tangled cords, Power and Patch cords, AC adapters, anything with a battery (it got to the point I wouldn’t check out stuff with batteries to save time, just put them out and hope for the best.) Electronic games, controllers and adapters, Etc. and that would finish my day out, EXCEPT FOR…….. I worked in 1 of the few areas that had to put out their own merchandise. All of the large and most of the medium electronics are put out late morning and the shiny cart (Shiny Cart holds 3 totes per level 3 levels high for 9 total totes.) needs to be started at least: 45 min before my shift ends to make sure I have enough time to stock and take care of any customer related issues at least in my case. Then I go back to my area and clean up if I have enough time, I have only: 07 minutes past my end of shift because Goodwill absolutely does not want Employees to get overtime!!!
        Since I was hired 10/15/2011 through 1/12/2012 I have had a chance to experience Goodwill donations at its busiest and most hectic time, thankfully only Halloween and Christmas had the most electronic decorations and not the whole tri-fecta along with Thanksgiving. Along with testing Holiday electronics they had to have their own SEASONAL price tag which involves going over to the POS printer, changing that weeks colored price tag to the seasonal brown price tag and then back. I try to guestimate how many tags of both electronics and seasonal I need for the day but that’s a hit or miss deal and hard to judge what may come in, I admit I was having trouble figuring out how many to print but was always trying to get close as possible. Then there was the Customers, I like helping them but they have questions that need answering, they mess with the cables, take nobs off of equipment, open packages, break things, let kids run around screaming Etc… and these thing need to be dealt with. Again this is not all of the things that can slow me down, but a good sample of some of them.
        I was taken out of electronic production 6 times. 3 for help at donations, were donated goods are dropped off, to help with the over flow of donations we were getting, sorting, moving large items, consolidating, customer service, Etc… It took several hours to complete those tasks. 3 times I was transferred out of electronics to work in the Wares production area (the production area that generally produces the most items per day to see if I could produce more there) and I was even interrupted once there to go and help out at donations. But I guess I could not produce enough there because shortly after the third time in wares I was called up to the office from my electronics station around 3pm 1/13/2012 and was told that I did not meet the standards of Goodwill and then was escorted out of the Goodwill store by Lisa after handing her my Goodwill ID card. I was called up to the office 3 times. 1st in November - To tell me they like my pricing but to try and get my production numbers up. 2nd in December – To tell me to watch how many price tags I am printing and sign a paper as the first form of disciplinary action for running too many pricing tags, but they still liked my pricing and to get my production numbers up. 3rd in January 12, 2012 To tell me that while I meet some goals I still do not meet Goodwill standards and am being let go and then escorted out the front door by Lisa.
        As far as my production numbers go, I have known that I am not the fastest person in the workforce but I always thought that if I did the best job I could with the fewest mistakes as possible that I would be OK. Not with Goodwill in Renton, I did the best I could, even cut many of my breaks short to try to get my numbers up. Goodwill wants me to just glance at a product, slap a price on it, get another and so on, which is what I was trying to do but between the visual, electrical (lights work in lamp, DVDs, CDs eject, displays light up, vacuum rollers move, TVs work, refrigerators chill, Christmas trees light up, Etc..) they all just added up and cut into my numbers. My disability came into play banding electrical cords as I could just not do it as fast as other people and I was doing well over a hundred a day. When I was not producing I was stocking Items I produced, helping customers, changing TVs around, routing TV and VCR cables, cleaning up messes, attending daily production meeting, doing assignments from production meeting, Etc… But one thing I never did was stand around doing nothing. I feel I did the best of my capabilities along with my problems as I could and am not ashamed with anything I accomplished at Renton Goodwill.
        The main manager, Keith, I always felt talked down to and when he asked for my help it was like he had to tell me what to do like I have never worked before, he even told me I had to line up the hole in a panel rack to the screw hole in the base like I could not figure it out, or to watch out for the bright orange extension cord on the floor on my way out to break as if I was not observant of my surroundings (there were several other people around at the time there also, but he only pointed it out to me), which is the only time I could go out the donations door that’s not work related. Yet I always heard Keith talking and laughing with the other workers away from me, he never really smiled had a conversation always business, not really complaining but it is an observation. Assistant manager, Lisa, the one who hired me. I always felt a little intimidated by. She was very direct and ran things very strict, by the book with no deviation of the rules whatsoever. The my way or the highway attitude kept me on my toes and I felt if I crossed her at all she could hold a grudge and make the job even worse. She was always telling me I had to get my production numbers up, like I was not constantly trying my best, and to not leave so many price tags at the end of the day, trust me I do not want to add to any ones work load and was trying to get my tag numbers down. I had a couple of ideas about improving my area but since they were not in the Kaizon handbook she would not even consider them.
        My final thoughts about Renton Goodwill
        There was one lady that could not stand all day due to age and disability, she was given the choice to quit or get fired. A rat or maybe a couple scared the heck out of 2 women who were working at their stations just days apart from one another. Renton Goodwill does not take used mattresses because of the risk of Lice or Bedbugs, my question I ask is, is the ultra-fast pace they want us to work at for our production numbers hurting our chances at spotting any little creatures in the shoes, bedding, clothes or the linens we receive, especially since they are not washed or sanitized before they go out on the floor. As a person with a disability why was I not offered any help from Goodwill as to maybe furthering my job skills so I could become a more productive member of society. I feel that if I can’t hold down a job at Goodwill then who else will hire me.
        THANK YOU GOODWILL I already know I’m a disposable human being in this new society. But to know a nonprofit company (by the way, all of the Renton Goodwill Manager are ever so proud that the Seattle goodwill stores, of which they are members of made over $9 million last year, best in the nation.) who advertises helping people with disabilities let me go just so they can get their numbers up and not even try to help one of their own workers who has a disability is so wrong. (No offer of a different position or even an offer of possible job training to help with my disability.)
        Gotta go, See ya, Might as well sign up with D.S.H.S. while I’m at it. If I’m so stupid how can I, even with a disability, support a family of 4 (wife, me, pre-teen and teen daughters) on minimum wage, not easily, but doable thanks to God, Family and friends. My last words are that I hope to get back to work soon because I am almost out of options and am seriously worried about being put out on the street. All this for the price of minimum wage.

Goodwill Industries. Paramus NJ — filthy store

This particular store used to very clean and well-kept. Last two times I was in there it was filthy. Today a...

Goodwill South Floridaviolation of policy by vice-president

Donors should be interested in knowing where the profits from the donations are ending up. In Goodwill South Florida, three managerial employees were wrongfully and vindictively terminated after revealing how the vice-president directly violated policy and procedures during the money pickups from the registers leading to a cash shortage (captured in video putting the money in his pocket).The police was given a report of the theft, and the company ordered they stop the case. The law does not protect a whistleblower or retaliation to employees who denounce acts in an immoral or dishonest manner of the directives of the institutions. They can do whatever they want, because it is not the company acting, it is just an employee mistake. In this case was just the vice-president, protected by the president, and he is still “WORKING” at Goodwill, and remains as a trusted vice-president of Donated Goods! Unfortunately no one can stop this monstrosity; all criticize and continue for fear of losing their jobs as the three of us.

Goodwill Of Perry Florida — over pricing

I am on my soap box... I went into our local goodwill to pass the time during the new year. I found a few...

Goodwill — bed bug problem

I feel that this is a problem that should be dealt with by goodwill. "Bed Bugs" should not be sold at any...

Goodwill — goodwill steals from a 13 year old

November 18, 2011, by mistake, I donated four new bathing suits to the Campbellsville Kentucky Goodwill...

Goodwill Nashville TNmisleading

The Nashville TN Goodwill states on their website that multiple orders will give the buyer "combined shipping charges" up to 20 lbs. but in fact, when it's time to pay your bill you are charged nearly double for your shipping: $14.05 is the discount from a $17. shipping charge. By the time the consumer discovers this it is too late. At these prices, it is literally cheaper BY HALF to buy two new pair of shoes from a local store--or local Goodwill where you have the option of pick-up. No matter how you cut it, this "combined shipping" is nothing more than a scam that leads the consumer to believe if they buy more they will pay "combined" shipping. Recalling that these shoes are donated in the first place, the Nashville Goodwill's practices are extremely misleading and just plain WRONG.

• St
                Stopthebs Nov 10, 2011

What kind of lowlife complains about the discount given by a charity goods for their services. You are still getting a discount. I'm always amazed at the depths of hell some people come fro
                When complaining about not getting what they want. Karma needs to give you something to really complain about.

• Le
                Leevonsmith Nov 15, 2011

What kind of lowlife comes to a complaints sight to make nasty comments about other peoples heart felt complaints while addressing nothing to do with any facts about a subject.. Seriously, Has anyone here gone to Stopthebs profile? This Guy, (or girl), Has no complaints in his profile, yet he has 29 comments about other peoples actual complaints. In his comments he calls people nasty cutting names and makes cruel remarks and judgments based on his own opinions which have nothing to do with the subjects at hand. This Is a complaints board. Not a complain about other peoples complaints sight. What kind of name is Stopthebs anyway? is that a spin on Stop the Hebs? Is this guy a Nazi?

• St
                Stopthebs Nov 15, 2011

Stop the BS. Check out leevonsmiths profile. Nothing but attacks on me.

• Le
                Leevonsmith Nov 15, 2011

What if he is a Nazi Ilikeit39. This is America. CHEck out Stopthebs site. Nothing but complaints and bs about others complaints. Sorry, You guys girlfiend boyfriend?

Mersgoodwilll And Lrl Commeecial Cleaningunfair treatmenr and termination of employees

Alleged unfair treatment and termination of workers due to alleged relationship between Mers Goodwill-Marvin Washington and LRL-Linda Lawson. There are rumors of underhanded bidding on contracts and allegedly his son also works for her company. Which may be why he is not allowing fair and due consequences and reprimand's when brought forth.having to go to higher ups in order to get something done.although this is alleged allegations. Just asking for an investigation. Sincerely fair treatment and justice

Goodwill Industries — false image perpetuated

Over the years, I have contributed thousands of dollars to this "charitable" organization. NEVER AGAIN...

Goodwill / Loyola Dr Myrtle Beach SC — my husband got scabies here

My husband has worked for goodwill for two years. On july 29th 2011, he became so ill, and was covered with...

Goodwill Industries Ecommerce Long Beach Californiarefusal to refund money even though it is their fault

I paid for an item. I paid for the delivery of the item by UPS. UPS misdelivered the item. UPS could not find the item and closed the investigation. Elsie Narvaerz of Goodwill Long Beach [protected] x279 gave me the runaround by insisting that the item was delivered to me when clearly it has not. Elsie told me that UPS told her that the item was delivered to my address. It was not and UPS never informed her that the item was found and delivered to the correct address. UPS closed the investigation and told me to have Goodwill file a claim it them. I called Elsie and she informed me that she has reopened the investigation with UPS. This is nothing more than stalling tactics on her part and I will never buy from this organization again. The cost of the item? $17.00.

Sz - Goodwill.comscam

Additional information Shenzhen goodwill Co.ltd
                  Phone:+[protected]
                  MSN/Email : [protected]@gmail.com
                  Website :www.sz-goodwill.com

Goodwill store — reversed race discrimination - harassment

Since February of this year, I have been faced with harassment from black employees at the Chester, Virginia...

Dr. Goodwill Alexscam

Dear Beneficiary,

This is to inform you that, you have won a prize money of Two Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds (GBP200, 000.00) in the Ongoing 2011 year International E-mail Draw which was Organized by Coca-Cola Company Of England.

Coca-Cola Prize Redemption Center collects all the email addresses of the people that are active online, among the millions that subscribed to Yahoo, Aolmail, Rediffmail, Gmail, Russian Mail, window live mail and few from other e-mail providers. Winners were selected through Electronic Random Ballot System (ERBS) without the candidate applying or any ticket being sold, Six people are selected yearly to benefit from this promotion and you are one of the Selected Winners.

Winners shall be paid in accordance with his/her Settlement Center, Coca-Cola Award must be claimed not later than 15 days from the date of Draw Notification. Any Prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited.

The following PIN NO: has been assigned to you and you are required to quote it in every mail that you send to us: Coca-Cola - 2011

This numbers fall within the England location file, you are requested to contact our fiduciary agent in England (Dr. Goodwill Alex) with the
                    details below and send your winning Reference numbers to him;

He shall immediately commence the process that will facilitate the release of your fund to you.

Name: Dr.Goodwill Alex (Fiduciary Agent)
                    Tel: +[protected]
                    E-mail: [protected]@live.com

You are warned to keep your winning information to yourself until your fund is released to you, to avoid double claim which will lead to absolute cancellation/termination of Award. We also do not tolerate Laxity and inconsistency in claim.

NOTE: This Draw is solely conducted by COCA-COLA COMPANY UK. and cannot be claimed through any of our Regional Offices in your Country/Area. all communications must be through COCA-COLA COMPANY UK. We will try to respond to every mail You Send as soon as we can.

Once again, We congratulate you for this landmark achievement and implore you with the responsibility of ensuring successful claims. He shall get back to you with the Fund release Directives on our receipt of your personal details as requested Below;

Please, Kindly provide us with the following information for Verification of your Prize;

Full name...

"Congratulations Once Again''

COCA-COLA REDEMPTION
                    CENTER UNITED KINGDOM
                    ZONAL COORDINATOR.

Copyright [protected] Coca Cola International.