Menu
Goodwill Industries
reviews & complaints

Goodwill Industries
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

322 complaints
47 resolved 275 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Goodwill Industries. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Goodwill Industries - Goodwill Tarzana manager

Im so disgusted by this store manager, Her name ELSA TICAS shes a thief, she steals everyday and nobody tries anything to stop her. Shes steals and hides merchandise for then her family t come and take it, she changes prices for her to buy . She steals, shes unprofessional and a thief . I don't understand how she got the manager position . Someone has to stop her, I have called corporate but they don't care . People stop shopping there Managers are, thief .

T
Jun 30, 2015 8:47 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had a feeling this happens at Goodwill & other thrift shops. My Mom has a limited am';t of money from SSI & depends on these places for her clothing. She and I have said this for years - there is NEVER anything desirable at these stores. You would think, judging by what I and my friends/neighbors have donated, that there would be SOME fashionable clothing or clothing in relatively good shape. All we ever find are stained shirts & quite frankly...garbage. WE knew the employees had to be hiding the good clothes for themselves.

9:01 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was shopping on 6/26/15 and as I was checking out a manager named Barry walked up. He was extremely rude. As we were getting ready to walk out the door another person asked me to look at a shirt close to the door. This manager 'Barry' very rudely said 'We are now closed and you need to exit the door NOW'! It was storming really bad pouring down rain and...

T
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've frequented and loved our one local Millington Goodwill for years for one reason more than any other... as a low-income mom, it's one of the few places I can take my young daughter to where she can really have some fun knowing she can pick out almost any toy she wants (sometimes that's that one truly unique thing unattainable anywhere else, at least for...

4:01 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to Goodwill Hampton VA been many times, I go to the Outlet side and this was the first time I have run into this. I filled my basket to check out and had the manager take an item from the basket and say he cant sell it to me its a mistake then walk away with it. It was nothing more then a network card for a laptop not worth a whole lot but I spent an...

3:49 pm

Goodwill Industries - rude managers

I went to goodwill looking for some shirts to start a new job. There sign said all shirts $3.00. I found 2 shirts went to the register to checkout and the manager told me one of the shirts was not on sale its was going to cost me $22! Because it was name brand. I proceeded to tell her there no exclusion to your sign that says ALL SHIRTS $3.00. She told don't me it doesn't matter everyone knows this brand name is excluded. Well for one how is everyone suppose to know if there's no sign and 2 it's a goodwill store! Why on earth are they charging retail prices when the clothes are donated! She refused to sell me the shirt for the $3.00. I asked for her managers number and asked her to hold the shirt for me. I called and left her a message. The other manager called me back and after about 10 minutes of trying to explain to me why this brand name was not on sale even though there was no sign saying exclusion apply she decided to tell me I could go back and get the shirt this one time for the $3.00. I went back to the store asked the manager that was there early that I put the shirt on hold with to please get me shirt that I spoke with the other manager and she was going to call you to let me have it at $3.00. She told ne she put the shirt back I went to look for it of course it was gone. I can not imagine how this place stays ope with charging outrageous prices for clothes and having such poor customer service.

Feb 17, 2015 3:55 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Some one at the store wanted the shirt, got it for the $3.00 and probably got an employee discount.

12:28 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Troy Norman, Robert Schneeburg, and Vernetter Montgomery are poisoning Goodwill Industries by hiring bad laundry mangers, making co-workers and disabled co-workers uncomfortable. Vernetter Montgomery has an attitude with people, co-workers and disabled co-workers, Vernetter needs to resign. When I was working at Goodwill from 2005 to 2007, Troy Norman wa...

B
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I agree with the complaints posted. I was employed by Goodwill in SC for several years. It was a hostile work environment, filled with bullies. Everyone appears to be out to get someone else. The corporate office was aware of the situation, but did nothing to resolve it. Goodwill breeds an atmosphere of distrust and fear, as they constantly insinuate that...

3:26 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My kids dad was banned by a sick employee who took something he said the wrong way. Without even talking to him about her concerns she simply had the police send him out. My son was with him and said he was just trying to buy a bow and arrow. She called him threatening.police questioned him but didnt care what he said. I want recourse since he had not even been informed the police were being called.

8:27 am

Goodwill Industries - fraud

Goodwill industries or thrift inc.. has become the biggest rip off and perpetration on the poor working class people of the Western, and from what i understand the Eastern United States. I witnessed them putting stuff to the side to be sold on the good will website. They take any and all things worth value and horde them away for profit for the owners. Please do not buy anything from the stores and if you do be sure to let them know you are on to them as well stand together of fall apart. This is nothing new, they have just stepped up the corporate greed factor by 10 recently as of early 2014 it has become known that they lie to the people who shop there and donate hoping the donations will help those less fortunate, make no mistake the contributions only serve to fatten the pockets of the owners of the establishment. Never giving back anything to those who could really benefit from the help. What the company has done is jack up prices, security and profits for the greedy bosses. They have what i like to call Licker's in the back rooms and donation spots who not just visually inspect each item google it to find out the value and then horde it away for the website or wherever else it may go to fill the pockets of the soulless owners. The reason i call them lickers is the inspections go far beyond just glancing at an item then deciding weather to put it out or steal it away for greedy fat loathsome owners, the lickers are encouraged to lick each item and really taste it for worth. That part may seem like a bit much, but it is not far from the truth. I can just see them back in the donation area just licking, each and every item for value. Rolling around in old clothes, underwear, toys, and old bedding, like the filthy dogs that they are. Wake up people you are being ripped off by the very people who's name is supposed to mean something special, One of the crazy irony's is that these lickers as i call them gain nothing by greasing the disgusting people who command them to do the bidding, Look around next time you are in one of the locations, which if you have not noticed are more numerous than Starbucks these days, Who needs FEMA camps when they got the masses scrambling around for scraps of the leftover filth from Goodwill lickers back there just licking away at silver gold beautiful old glass porcelain, antiques they even take any of the clothes worth money now to sell themselves for huge profit leaving old target as is pallets they buy by the ton to sell to the poor for 6.99 for a pair of shorts that are not worth 2 bucks and did not sell at Kmart for 3.99 suggested MSRP. Do your homework, scam report do not take it lying down. I hope you all petition for them to shut these places down like Goodwill has done to almost every other Thrift Store around how can they survive with this leviathan out there gobbling up every thing good left about the will of real people we need to kill the beast before it kills us. You used to be able to go there and find some decent things to have in your home if you did not have the money or to sell yourself for a little extra food money, get a few decent pieces of clothing to feel better about yourself no more...

M
1:50 pm

Goodwill Industries - manager steals from donation box

Today (Saturday, March, 29) I visited the store in Greenville, Ohio Located on Wagner Avenue. I went inside for some tea. While I was at the check out I dropped a quarter on the floor. The quarter rolled directly into the crack of a product rack. It was one of those "one in a million" shots that you could spend the rest of your life trying to get and never hit. The manager was running the check out and said "you could never do that again if you tried". I then said that I need to get that quarter. An employee walked over and stuck a knife into the crack and pushed the quarter into the point of no return. I told the manager again that I need to get that quarter. She said sorry it is gone. Again I said that I need to get that quarter. She said that it is Not going to happen. I put my purchase on the counter and said that the store owes me a quarter and I am going to be here until I get it. She then became somewhat Irate and hit the illiteracy donation box and opened it up and took a quarter out and handed it to me. I was in shock and did not know what to say. I left and went to my car still in a state of shock not knowing how to react. I sat in the car for a few minutes trying to comprehend what had just happened. I started my long drive home, which is about 30 minutes away, and realized that she had just made me complicit in a crime committed against a charity. I feel so terrible and guilt ridden that I can hardly deal with myself.

This Can NOT be Tolerated. It will NOT be Tolerated. I am going to call the cops, and then I am going to contact every news station in the Area, in addition to posting this on every Social Media Site as well as forums across the world wide web because this has to be known that the Store Manager at the Dollar General Store on Wagner Avenue in Greenville is a Thief.

I will return to the store on Monday and put the quarter back into the Donation box where it belongs. Hopefully by then the Manager will be incarcerated for stealing from all of those needy people who are in dire straights to learn how to read.

I suspect the Manager lacks the intelligence to know that typically over 60% of that money goes to administration costs and only 40% goes to the intended recipients. That 25 cents could make the difference of giving someone the chance to learn how to read.

Jun 16, 2014 7:48 pm

All this over a quarter? Why did you make such a big deal about losing it in the first place.

Goodwill Industries - overpriced junk

The west jefferson goodwill store is way overpricing the junk that has been given to them... On several occassions I have found items priced higher than what even our local walmart would charge for instance on my last trip I found a new, small, foldable cooler / lunchbox with a sale sticker of $19. 80 on it, thinking wow this is outrageous I peeled of the sticker to see how much it was originally, underneath there was a walmart clearence sticker for $10. 49 and underneath that clearence sticker I found the original price of 13. 99... Its ridiculous that goodwill would take something that was donated and price it for more than what it was brand new at walmart. Like I said this is one instance of many... Goodwill shouldnt be here to make the owners even bigger millionares but to help the poor people of america... The owners of goodwill should open a store that everything is completly free especially to homeless people.. I mean the stuff filling the stores are donations from people for less fortunate family for cheaper not higher

6:58 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My handicapped niece, who has been employed through the Goodwill's CBS services, has been paid far below minimum wage...without Goodwill providing a 'special minimum wage form' through the U.S. wage & hour division. Her last hourly wage was $2.24. They are too big for me to 'fight', even though I have been. I can supply numerous emails and documents backing my claim.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My family is homeless still watting for goodwiill to settel his case his worker compensation. He got hurt over 10 years ago. We live on 85.00 dollars ever two weeks. We lost are home all the things we have, all we have is each other. We have a sweet little girl who loves life, she has great grades. She loves life its so hard to not able to give her the...

C
1:44 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

A woman & I both had our eye on the same piece of furniture, along with a few more customers. She beat me to it, making me 2nd in line for it. I hovered over her like a vulture in case she changed her mind & put the tag down. I had my husband watch while I shopped some. An hour & half later there is a page overhead for the person with the tag for that...

3:27 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Goodwill Industries - Absolutely horrible service! Received after 6 months!

Hi everybody

I am writing this review just for the benefit of every body that may be using these fraud companies in the future, and to be wary of them. Absolutely horrendous service. I sent items through them 6.5 months ago from Qatar to India, and I was told that it would reach in 2 months. But I only received the items just a week ago! (SIX AND A HALF MONTHS!)

Kept sending them emails, calling their offices, with no avail. Horrible customer service, and the people in Qatar gave us a contact number in India, who was horribly rude, and started cursing us, when we asked what the status of the cargo was.

DO NOT EVER USE THEM! I hope that the Qatar Government does something to shut them down completely. I really thought that I wouldn't see my items ever again, and it was delivered in hopeless condition!

Do not ever give them money! And do not entrust your goods to them.

Rude and totally unprofessional!

B
11:37 pm

Goodwill Industries - purse

Hello what is this, I went looking for purse I want it that one display the manager said it was not for sale, I told her so wat she put it up for .had a price .I thought everything in goodwill was for sale since people gives them wat they don't want anymore, one of the workers said that when the manager gets ready to put it for sale, that it was up to the manager, I really think she want it for her...that is not right, you go there thinking u will find, and buy it with no hassle, she was very rude I would not shop there anymore thay should really appreciate that people donates, they should sale everything in a reasonable price, , , not a regular store...:(

5:54 am

Goodwill Industries - cargo missing

I have sent cargo of 20 pcs with receipt no. 555-10381 by Sea cargo details of company below.
Good Will Cargo,
POBox no. 6679, Doha, Qatar.
Ph: (+974) 44626549 Mob ; +974 33188200, 33112400

out of 20 pcs sent from above cargo only 19 pcs have received in booked location Hyderabad. More than one year has passed one pcs is still missing. I would like file complaint for cargo and claim for missing items.
Kindly take strict action against them.

Regards,

SMAli

3 comments
Mar 06, 2016 7:42 am

Recently good will cargo cheating the customer who sending to India. It taking more than 1 month to deliver India by Air cargo

H
Nov 03, 2015 1:59 am

Received my cargo on 4th May.As I was busy I couldn't open the parcel in front of the delivery boy.

It was totally damaged when I opened it and I couldn't use any of the items in the parcel.It contained chester with two units, washing powder, paper etc.It is a total loss for me.

Good will cargo people are telling I have to open the box infront of the delivery man before receipt. Even the delivery man doesn't have the time
to wait. THIS CARGO DELIVERY IS A WASTE OF MONEY FOR ME.
Thanking you
Yours faithfully
Hari Iyer

G
Jan 24, 2013 7:59 pm

we just waiting for our two boxes.it was sent last jan.14, 2013...under ATLAS CARGO.so please give us details.or contact us.mrs.genyfer badilla..[protected], thanks

pls. give us your contact office number here in manila...

2:40 pm

Goodwill Industries - was not exposed to sell till 12pm today

we have been bidding on a 1996 sundance car for over 2 weeks, 1st it was exposed to be auctioned off to the 4 high bidders, then it changed, the title did not come in so they kept it going, then they told us that we had to call every day till the title came in and keep bidding on it, well we did for 2 weeks, then last night when my mom called the woman at the goodwill said the title came in and she had till 12pm today to bid on the car, then this morning they called her and told her they sold the car after they told her she had till 12pm today 2 bid on it, they asked her last night what she was going to bid on it and she said her next bid was 1500.00 well they sold it for 1450.00 i do so believe the manager sold it to one of her friends, this is not right, they have been lying and scamming this the whole time, my mom is 68 yrs old, depressed and crying, not believe they did this to her, someone needs to do something about this, in my opinion the should give the 1450.00 to my mom to buy a car, they get it free then scam people, that is not right, the say they r trying ti help people, that is a lie, THEY R SCAMERS!

12:30 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Finally, Goodwill Laundry Services in Milwaukee, Wisconsin are falling apart since 2009 First Shift Supervisor Sylvester Campbell passed away and died a Earl Hubbard First Shift Supervisor left in 2009, His little sister Christine Hubbard laundry trainer got fired in 2010, Laundry Managers, Orangetta Kelly and Chandra Henderson left Goodwill in 2011. A...

5:16 pm

Goodwill Industries - worst maid providing agency

Please take immediate action to avoid other families getting cheated.He is earning more than 50, 000 by cheating people.
His company name:Goodwill Cehnnai home care services.
Conatct name:Owner Sundar Raj and staff:Devika
His conatct no:99405523009566543049
He send a person one day gets the deposit money (as pe their one month full salary around 80000) and the asks that lady to come back.He send the same lady to act in another house promise to work for one year.He abuses bad words if we ask for money and threatens that he wil file complaint that we killed the lady.Please take action as soon as possible.Worst maid agency.Cheaters they wont provide maid again and the person they provide wil work for a day or two.After that they wont refund the deposit and refuse to even attend call.They abuse cheaply if we ask our money to them.Please avoid this agency (they have branch in ayanavaram, vadapalani, kodambakam) in different names to cheat people.Please Beware.

Goodwill Industries contacts