Goodlife Fitness In Windsor, Ontariocomplaint - cancelled membership (tw11226875)

To Whom May Concern,

I came to be a member with Goodlife through a recommendations from a good friend of mine since April 15, 2011. I agreed to have the monthly payment of $45/month deducted with authorization form from my TD bank.

I brought the form from TD bank and give it to Jason almost 2 month ago. I noticed that still Goodlife’s account department did not deduct the money from my account.

I raised my concern, I went to Jason on the front desk and told him and he indicated that there is missing information on the form ….I was not sure what was missing and I ran to my bank on the same day again asking to reissue a new authorization and it and give it to him.

As I was going to the gym, I saw Jason and he stated that I am not allowed to enter because I did not pay for three months. I told him, I gave you the bank authorization form already three weeks ago for the second time. He was confused for some reason and looked in few drawers and finally he found the form and told me sorry, I forgot to ask you to sign it. Obviously, the bank authorization form was setting somewhere for more than three weeks.

He asked me to sign the form and I did sign and gave it to him and repeatedly I asked him, are you sure this time the form should be processed ….he replied, yes no problem.

Today, I received a letter from Peter Stephan, Goodlife attorney for collection. This is humiliating especially that your accounting department and the management team are not doing their job to following up and close my case. I got pissed off and went to Goodlife today and paid off “cash” the total due amount to provide evidence that the payment delay was not my fault but your disorganized management and accounting team.

I decided to send you this e-mail to inform you that I cancelled my membership and I will not recommend my close friends to joint Goodlife to avoid this unjustifiable aggravation and on the top of that receive a letter from the collection attorney. I will joint life style and I hope they have professional management that I can deal with unlike Goodlife.

Regards,