Menu
Home Fitness Centers Gold's Gym golds gym class action lawsuit

Gold's Gym  -  golds gym class action lawsuit

Author of the complaint
12:35 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Since there are so many having more or less the same problem with Golds Gym billing practices e.g. cancelled but GG claims "They did not receive the cancellation mail" I am planning to start a class action lawsuit against Golds Gym. I simply had enough of this BS!
Anyone interested email me with contact info to: gogycal at gmail.com

Aug 14, 2011 5:29 am

:-) Lovely how you all describe your characters! Says something about you. the choice of foul language.. ts, ts, ts!
ILC3 You are such a so low level coward who is only strong (in words) because you can hide behind the anonymity of the screen. Your writing style and choice of words say it all about you. Let's meet in real life!
As for Mr. " Frank Neck Furter" do you realize that there are people who own a house, unlike you maybe, and that there are people who post glorifying "comments" since they have a vested interest and their comments are nothing less than equal to lobbying.
So please keep your frustrated tyrannical attitudes to yourselves and get a life! And btw. read above "More Golds Gym complaints" do you notice something? In case you still don't get it try Google "Golds Gym Billing Issues".

View 0 more photos
Aug 13, 2011 6:21 am

To ILC3:
Tank you for demonstrating that you are a looser. Your last short statement does indeed verify it.
Say; why are you bothering to hang around here? Duh!

Aug 13, 2011 6:19 am

To ILC3:
Assuming that you can, under oath, state that you are in no way or form directly or indirectly associated or employed, including by any 3rd party associated or contracted by Golds Gym, can you quote all fine gray fine print and have you received a copy stating clearly whatever their cancellation policy is?
I acted in good faith, trusting that, like other businesses, Golds Gym is a business with bottom line integrity and dignity.
I guess, they make efforts to demonstrates they are not.

Aug 13, 2011 6:11 am

To: **Brenda**
Can you, under oath, state that you are in no way or form directly or indirectly associated or employed, including by any 3rd party associated or contracted by Golds Gym?
To answer your post inquiry: yes, I heard about "certified mail and confirmation of receipt, "
However, I have used it only in matters of dealing with known corrupt businesses, institutions and individuals.
Neither did I assume initially that Golds Gym belongs to the latter.
It has so far worked with all (excluding Golds Gym). Banks, credit card companies, IRS, FAA, FTC, FBI, USCIS, etc. and so on.
It appears only Golds Gym admin is "boycotted" by the USPS. And, I seem to be not the only one having this issue. Hmm...
I await your (non insulting or derogatory) response.

Aug 13, 2011 6:01 am

To: Frank Neck Furter
You seem to be a biased and inclined to insult without having facts at hand.
Analyze the contents sum of all posts here about Golds Gym. What would one have to conclude?
Not a singular case; and not in any way relevant to your presumptuous assumption stated here.
I await your (non insulting or derogatory) response.

More Gold's Gym complaints & reviews

200 Brentwood Dr. East
College Station, TX 77840
T [protected]
www.GoldsGym.com

Even though I cancelled this on Jan 18 2021 for not using services due to Covid, I still get collection calls

S
Mar 08, 2021 10:24 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Tried to cancel my Golds Gym memebership in April 2020, I sent an email and called and Gold's said I had to appear in person... however the gym was closed because of COVID!
They kept sending me bills and when we disputed the charge with the credit card they opened a credit collection.
When are you starting the class action suit?

Replying to comment of SFPtree

can we please start a class action suit... they sold me training sessions not applicable with my trainer, didn't refund me, then my trainer quit cuz golds sucks to work for I guess and now I have 19 sessions at $83 each they won't refund. I only signed up for her so I don't want to use with someone else. please email me at [email protected] I want my $1600

Feb 07, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi, I was the member of Gold's Gym in Santa ana, CA, from 2015.I cancelled my membership but they charge me after. I closed my credit cart they put a collection on my credit report, when I went there and asked they told me if I want to get ride of this collection I have to resigned for membership. I was student on that time and my student loan was denied because of this collection report, so I had to resigned again.On February 2016, I cancelled my membership again, and I have proof for that from Gold's Gym, but I still being charge every months for membership. The last charge was on feb 2018 .I contacted to the gym more than 20 times and asked them to stop charging me. They say ok and appologize for that and again charge me for next month.

L
May 13, 2013 11:34 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My wife had a membership she finished her contract. My wife credit card expired and they guessed at the credit card expiration date and continued to run it without her approval or authorization. When confronted by myself they kept lying about it. Do not trust this company

T
Apr 02, 2013 4:32 pm

I am a 3 yr contract, sent my cancellation form to the address to inform them I am not renewing 3 mths later still coming out of account called to ask why they said it has to be sent registered letter .In my books they are full of greed and I will tell everyone

Aug 02, 2012 6:29 am

Golds Gym green bay advertises $10.00 per month. I've paid over 400.00 in the last four months with all there hidden fees.

May 24, 2019 12:52 pm
Replying to comment of Briales

I was signed up for 1 year commitment contract, while I was high on weed. gg california, hollywood.
They signed me up saying 20$ a month, and overall contract is 617.45$ (which they didn't tell)
Cancelation fee is 200$, gg manajer alejandro pelayo, is legitamate piece of [censored]!
I send the email of good will at firts, admiting my wrongs and whatsoever, after paying over 150$ out of 617
Financing! agrement! is it even legit? to finance a gym membership?
I relocated now, so they gonna have all of it,... the mother [censored]ers!

Jun 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Do not go or get a membership with the golds gym on austin highway in alamo heights. because other member steal what is not theirs.in other words
Act of thievery has happen at this gym.!

N
Nov 17, 2011 5:07 pm

Gold's Gym will tell you what you want to hear to get you to join but they will not keep their word to any of it. It was broken promise after!

R
Aug 04, 2010 8:13 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Been trying to terminate Golds Gym membership for 3 months followed directions on termination email said I did not follow through Went to Golds Gym in person will not let me terminate membership at site.

Aug 01, 2008 3:40 pm

canceled my girl freind, and sons membership, but am keeping mine would like to know the statise of the cancilation.

Mar 25, 2015 3:48 pm

I am livid about the ethics of Gold's Gym. I joined the Gold's Gym in Orem, Utah and have had the same experience as described by many others. I don't understand how they can charge a membership fee and then deny you use of the gym, and then charge you for service that you are not allowed to use. I became unemployed, that made no difference. I moved away from the area, that made no difference. I now have a collection company coming after me for 1000's of dollars of extra fees for a contract that is so unethical I am in awe that a customer and business ethics groups can't shut down such practices.

May 15, 2013 8:57 pm

sign me up I am having the same problems.

J
Aug 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Analyzer

Don't take personally what Frank Furter, **Brenda** and their friends say to you. They are just plain, old -fashioned cowards. They patrol these boards just to harass anyone they can. They hide behind their "supposed" anonymity.

Gold's gym has had problems for years. I can remember when the one by me was closed down for failing to pay its taxes. Knew several people that had just paid for new memberships, obviously not knowing anything about the financial condition of the gym. Contact your state AG office and while you're there, let them know about the people harassing you on this board.

Y
Apr 21, 2009 12:42 pm

GG customer care: [protected] press 1
Send proof fax to :
GG Fax: [protected]
GG Fax2: [protected]

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

391 complaints