Complaints & Reviews

closing accounts and still paying. for months

I was another victim. Gold gym has 2 of my checking accounts and for months and months they were changing me for one membership from both checking accounts.

As I read other complaints, I have enough now to go to court. If any of you want to go to court with me. Please write me an email at [protected]@msn.com. I will be checking my emails.

I called the corporate office and told them I had proof of the charges. They said to me not to go to the corporate because they don’t give that address and instead to go to the oxnard gym and give them the copies. This was probably in january 2010. I gave the copies to the manager (Robert) who was super, extremely rude telling me that they don deal with problem and that I had to call the corporate office (Whom just have told me to go to the gym). Robert finally accepted the copies of the statements and I left.

A couple of moths later I was still being charged from both accounts. I called and talked to the accounting representative whom told me they never received the statements from the back accounts that I would have to do it again. It aggravates me to know that the accounting department can not look at the records in their computers and research the problem.

My bank can not believe what they were doing to me. I decided to close one of the accounts to save my self $38.00 per month they are charging me and I have no idea why and they can not tell me either. No refunds were given to me, they did not investigate the problem. Thay did nothing!!!

I decided to closed my account which I did. Just as they told me what to do: sent a letter, certified, with the reason, the membership information and any tags I had. I did just that, and still my the $48.00 dollars kept coming out of the bank month after month. I gave up. I just found all my proof and I am taking them to court asap so they can not do this again to any body else.

cancelled, still billed

Signed up for 2 year membership. After 2 years and some odd months I cancelled. I was no longer under any...

membership

I have no complaint, I am a member of gold's gym crowley. Last year I moved to chicago cancelled now I have returned to joshua and rejoined. The management helped me cancel last year
As per my agreement and without any hassle. The complaint I just read is total bs, sounds like they just are lazy and changed their mind. They have a financial responsibility which is backed by the best club in texas. Gold's gym crowley has the best equipment, over 50 cardio pieces and they have a great personal training dept, how do I know, this second time as a member, I have now taken pt for over 3 months and 3 times a week, I love the results and the help I get.
I am on my second trainer and each have been fantastic, working together to help me get to my goals. I have referred 6 members to gold's gym and they all use the club and I made them understand they are making a commitment both to themselves and financially so the more they use the club the more the benefit to them.
If you don't use the club you can't get the results, so the more you use the club the more you love it like me.
My mom and dad and sister have joined; they only use the fitness equipment and are happy and getting in shape, that's what gold's gym crowley does.
This # crisis in america we really need somewhere to go; where we are around people who are trying to better themselves and be their best, with others who are not
Pro athlete's making millions but texan's working out to be and look better.
If you have a problem with your membership the staff will always help you, I know I have used them many times if your lazy and you do not want to come to the club I bet you
Have something to say bad about gold's gym.
Not me I love the club the staff and the friends I have made at the club.

• At
    Atticus Jackson Aug 23, 2011

why are you yelling

Wise to the Gold Sep 03, 2011

I agree, was the yelling really necessary. Sounds like a Gold's Gym employee defending the gym!

• Dz
    D Zach Nov 10, 2011

Be careful of what you sign, I went to this gym as a guest, was introduced to a representative. She gave me a "tour" (partial) of the facilities. THEN proceeds to haul me into an office to pick one of their packages. I JUST wanted to
    try it out. Next thing I know, I am in a 3 year contract WITH a trainer. I NEVER gave her any credit card information or cheque. After thinking about how expensive this was I called next day to cancel. THEN I was getting bills from ASF International out of Colorado. I called them to inform them I had cancelled. NOOO! They say claim I am locked in for 3 years. So, I sent a REGISTERED letter as requested by their head office to state I was NOT interested in any further dealings with this organization. They call met to inform me it will cost $206 to PROCESS this cancelation, BUT I must pay an additional $800 to clear the billing. I called my lawyer, A law suit is going to be placed.
    STAY away from these scammers!!!

• Ramelle Nov 10, 2011

An assertive No thank you would have cost you nothing.

Joe Olsen Nov 21, 2011

; I just moved to Calgary Alberta and was looking for a good gym to join with a friend, in October of 2011. I thought I would check Gold’s gym; I wanted to try the gym out. I was quickly sat down and made to sign a 3 year contract due to a lower monthly fee after returning home and looking closer at the signed agreement I started to realize what I actually signed… agreement # 0420 00251
    After getting laid off from my job and getting offered a job where I would be on the road for long periods of time I tried to cancel my membership and was charged $310 plus the initial charge of $108 to join. what a scam

• Al
    Allen63 Aug 27, 2012

The management at Gold's Gym are liars and are only there to sell memberships and make money. They do not care about their personnel and/or trainers.

• Fa
    fairangel Aug 29, 2014

Are you a troll? I was robbed too. Because there are literally thousands of similar complaints about getting overcharged and not being able to cancel membership online. I think a BIG class action lawsuit against the company would be a good thing. I guess the CAPS poster is the one exception to the rule. I'd like to know, as a senior citizen if anyone has had an issue regarding overcharging insurance companies (ie Silver Sneakers). If you want a class action email me at [email protected]

won't let me cancel

I signed a one year gym membership agreement back in April of 2009 with the Gold's Gym in Hollywood, Fl...

insane cancellation policy

These guys are ###. Avoid their gyms at all costs. I was on a month to month contract and tried on three...

contract scam

My mother was approached by the local marketing represenative for a Gold's Gym box in her store; the Flying J on 200 N. The marketing guy named Cody told her she would be eligible for 3 months free membership called the "box membership". She told him that she liked the current gym she went too but I (her daughter) would like to do the box membership. So I went in and told Kelsee that I would like to sign up for the 3 free month box membership and that the box was in my mothers store. She continued to talk to me about random things such as the daycare program and tanning, but I am currently 8 months pregnant and was 4 months at the time of our meeting. So therefore I did not have a child yet and obviously couldn't go tanning. After a half an hour of random useless chatter she then asked me for my billing info and I once again made myself clear and told her that I did not want a membership I just wanted to do the 3 free months. She told me that in order to get my Gold's card she needed me to sign a contract and receive my billing info but I would not be charged. Which I later found out that she didn't even have me sign the right contract, she had me sign a full contract for 2 years without my knowledge. I had made myself perfectly clear that I did not want to pay any money and that I could not afford to have a gym membership, I just wanted the box membership.

So now 3 months later 27 some odd dollars was taken out of my checking account. I called the billing number that was listed on my bank statement and they looked up my account and told me that I had signed a full 2 year contract. So my husband called the local gym and asked to talk to Kelsee and she refused his phone call and had my husband talk to the receptionist, who was actually very wonderful to us and she is the only one I can say that about. He told her our story and she couldnt believe it so she told him to have me come down to the gym and to bring my mom. So we went down to talk to them and she told us that Kelsee would not come out of her office to confront me, but that this other man would try to help me. All he did was tell me that he can show me what I signed and that there was nothing he could do and that Kelsee is their number 1 sales rep and would never lie or con someone into a contract. Then he topped off the conversation by lying to me and telling me that Kelsee was not in today but he could go talk to Lindsey. After he left the receptionist told us that Kelsee would not come out of her office and that we should just walk in there if we wanted to talk to her. So he then comes back out of Kelsee's office, not Lindsey's, and tells us that there is nothing Lindsey can do about it and that I need to call corporate. So my mom then walked into her office and confronted her while I stayed out and talked to the very unprofessional manager, who continued to tell me I needed to call the main office and that Kelsee was great and that she didn't do anything wrong. After we finally left that ridiculous place I then sat on the phone for 4 hours and left numerous messages on answering machines until I finally got through to someone. All he could tell me was that the good news is that my contract says Box Membership at the top but he needs to have his supervisor over look it. Crazy enough the supervisor is never there and he has called 2 days in a row now to tell me that she is not in at the moment, and now she will not be in until Monday.

I am completely irate with the way we have been treated by this company. I obviously was way too trusting with this Kelsee girl and I just assumed that after she had heard me say several times that I didnt want a membership I just wanted the 3 free months that thats what she would have had me sign up for. Instead she took complete advantage of me and conned me into a 2 year agreement just so that she could make her commission for the day!

My husband and I have tried to be patient and we even called our local gym once more today [protected]) to see if there was anything they could do for us one more time before we were forced to contact the Better Business Borough. The manager was completely rude and didnt even try to help at all, he continued to stick up for Kelsee and not pay any attention to the things my husband was trying to tell him. He told him he didnt care if we contacted the Better Business Borough and then got off the phone with us. After seeing your score with the Business Borough I can understand why he didnt care, it really cant get much worse than an F.

• Mi
    midge87 Aug 02, 2010

Why didn't you read what you were signing? Is it a pain in the ### that she snuck in a 2 year contract but it is your job to pay attention to what you are signing.
    Consider your time and aggrevation your punishment for being a ditz and not reading every single word you were signing your name to.

• Du
    Dug Petursson Aug 06, 2015

They're sleazy from the get-go. I signed up online & didn't get to choose my gym of choice. I'm currently trying to get this corrected (it's the middle of the night/early morning). ☺I'll get a Fatwah & give them a Jihad for my satisfaction! Head's might have to roll😵Jihad jihad jihad!

scam, unathorized charges, pushy salesman

I have a big complaint towards this gym.. It seems that they might have it all for some one who is looking to be fit. They might make everything look nice but behind all this they have hidden clauses in the contract that make you continue to pay more. They may have deceptive advertising say join for just 1 dollar but trust me you will end up paying for it. I kept paying each month and they took out money twice a year for some lame gym maintance and when my contract expired I canceled it but they kept taking money out of my account for many months afterwards. This is unethical they don't care about you as a member. They try to soak every little penny out of you. THE WORST GYM TO GO TO.!!! DO NOT APPLY THESE GUYS THAT SIGN YOU UP JUST WANT TO MAKE COMMISION OFF YOU... iTS RIDICULOUS

billing dept / accounts

My issues with Gold's Gym began when I tried to switch my automatic payment to a different bank account, as I was no longer using the one they had been debiting for over a year. I still have the receipt from the clerk at the Harbison location stating that my funds would be deducted from the new account beginning the following month. The following month came and - not only did they continue to debit the wrong account, but I also went into overdraft because I no longer had funds available in that account. I called the Harbison location and was given the number to Gold's Gym infamous billing department. I tried to call them several times and left voicemails - when I could get that far. NEVER was I able to speak to a live representative. I wasn't sure they even existed... until...

I did some research online and discovered their horrible reputation, which I previously knew nothing about. Ok then. I decided I would opt to beat them at their own game and closed the account they were debiting, since I no longer needed it anyway. Admittedly, I was not happy about the complaints and horror stories I read online about the gym, so I tried immediately to close the account. Initially, I went through their paperwork procedure for moving, but to no avail. They determined that I could not provide sufficient documentation for my move, but tell me - where does one get a light bill in their name, etc., if you are moving in with your parents? Exactly. ###s. They make it positively impossible to cancel the 2 year contract AND, like many others, I was told when I first signed up that I could cancel at any time. Bologna.

Suddenly, LIVE people are leaving hate mail on my voicemail for me because I am "past due" on my gym account. I will, no doubt, take the wrap for this in my credit; and that will be a first in 10 years of a clean record. I simply have no respect or reason to continue business with a company that cannot properly communicate with me when I have a problem (like the wrong acct being debited) but suddenly hunts me down when they want their money. No thanks.

Wise to the Gold Sep 03, 2011

Staff at Golds Gym don't worry about mistakes, or lost paperwork or contracts altered after you sign them. They don't worry about answering your questions or providing helpful information to avoid members or x-members having financial issues BECAUSE they have nasty finance companies who don't know you, never met you, have never and will never set eyes on you to do the dirty work. In 90% of the cases the problem is a simple phone call away to solve the issue IF Golds staff took 5 minutes to authorize a change, yes they do have adminstrators on staff who can do this for you !

continue to bill account after cancellation

After requiring that cancellation be sent via registered/return receipt they continue to bill your bank account.

• Em
    EMMD Aug 10, 2011

I agree with you 100% about the management or mismanagement of Golds Gym in Tewskbury MA. I submitted a certified return receipt cancellation notice accompanied by a doctor's note stating that I was unable to exercise, Gold's forced me to pay 6 weeks of dues while I was unable to exercise because of medical problems. I fulfilled my contract with Gold's years ago, but there is no reasoning with the staff. They are rude & the bottom line is $$$$. My daughter cancelled her membership 2 years ago and made the mistake of mailing the form in regular mail. Gold's stated that they never received her letter and continued to bill her for an additional 2 months. They also never honored their promotion of giving my daughter a free momth of dues for referring a friend. In addition to that, Gold's never allowed me to use my visitor passes for family members. I'm watching my credit card acct to see if they try to continue billing me. Gold's Gym should be reported to the Attorney General's Office.

poor manager

I have never seen such piss poor management/customer care as I did with Golds Gym in Broken Arrow, OK. I went into the Gym two months ago to trans my membership to Texas or to cancell it "which ever I need to do". I spoke with the GM "Rick". Once he found out I was trying to cancel my membership things changed. He then put me off and had me talk with someone else in the gym. That should have been my first clue. I tried several times "about 8 times" to call him "would not return my calls". I went to the gym "he was always to busy when they called back and told him who was looking for him. I would call again, his respons " in meeting, on call and so on. OK, I am sure he was sometimes or " So I thought" But I would leave my number "no return calls". This went on for almost two months. I finally went to the other location in Tulsa, OK and spoke with the GM there "Martin" POOF in two minutes my problem was resolved. Martin explained to me this was and is an on going this and explained he was very sorry for all my efforts and lose of time. The other manager at Woodland Hills also told me how sorry she was for my delay and told me if "I" would have came to them first or had spoke with the Operations Manager at Broken Arrow "Thomas" that none of this would have happen and things would have been fixed to start with.

After leaving Woodland Hills I called back to Broken Arrow to give "Rick" a peice of my mind. However, once again he was out of the Gym. As I was about to hang up I asked the lady who answered the phone if I could speak with "Thomas" concerning my cancellation. She advised me that "Thomas was with a member but she would give him my number. I laughed "thinking oh boy it must be a Broken Arrow thing".

But to my surprise about 5 minutes later my phone rings. The person on the other end introduced himself as "Thomas" and said he was returning my call reference to my cancellation.

I explained to Thomas I what I had been through and was thankful that Broken Arrow had at least one good manager. Thomas was extremly sorry for my problems and asked if there was anything he could do to change my mind about my cancelation.

As I told him at first I just wanted to transfer my membership to Texas but after the things I went through that was no way in hell I would stay with Golds.

If this really is an ongoing problem as I was advised from Woodland Hills then "Rick" needs to be fired. Not given a warning but fired. I can asure you I am not the only one that has problems. Any manager that is that lazy will never reform to what a good manager should be and to keep him would show piss poor judgement and the lack of customer support. By all means feel free to contact me. I will not add my number to this site for every pervert to contact me but Woodland Hills has my number. Just ask about the x-member that moved to Texas month and wanted to remain a member till I had the great chance of meeting Rick.

over the years I have seen great business go down the tubes because of piss poor mangement. In time Broken Arrow will be one of those business if Golds does not do the right thing!

Good customer service is either something you have or do not have. If Golds allows this, then they are showing me and others what Golds is really about. just remeber Golds needs members to pay your salary. Without happy members you have no gym, no gym equals no pay check.

As to the Woodland Hills Management and to Thomas at Broken Arrow keep up the good work!

• Lo
    Loveworkingout Jul 05, 2010

The General manager is a dummy. I hope this is not an example of management with Golds. He is not even able to explain a billing problem just sat there and looked at me. I own my own company and would never allow someone to work for me that is this uneducated. I sure would never let them in a management slot. As soon as my contract is over I am out of here. Stay away from Golds in Broken Arrow!

• Lo
    Loveworkingout Jul 05, 2010

Stay away from Golds Gym in Broken Arrow, OK. General MANAGER does not know his head for a whole in the ground. Could not even explain billing. As soon as my contact is over I am gone. I did get customer service number and they fixed it for me. General manager rick is a dummy

• Bi
    bitmesideways Aug 15, 2010

Does it really manager how smart the manager is? It is the best gym in Tulsa to workout at. You should try All-American. They suck as much as your idiotic comments.

• Ca
    Carlie Morey Broyles Aug 25, 2010

bitmesideways,

you are obviously a manager or you work at Gold's. I hope it never happens to you, but only if it does, will you know where I, as well as MANY other people are coming from...why are you taking it so personally...no one called you stupid. Furthermore when you bank account starts getting debited unknowingly and there is no way you can stop it...then you can put a comment up...TARD!

• Bl
    blueeyedokiegirl Sep 23, 2010

This is interesting. I DO NOT WORK AT GOLD'S! However, I am a member and know from my own experience that these types of issues are typically handled by the Operations Manager or a Sales Manager.

• We
    wendy125347 Jul 06, 2011

WOW, I should have read these boards before joing Golds Gym. I had the great chance of meeting Rick the general manager of Golds Gym in Broken Arrow, OK. I do not think I have ever meet a more stupid lazy manager in my life. I hope to God this is not the way Golds Gym runs their business. As a woman I have never felt so uncomfortable around someone as they way he made me feel. I just wanted to get out of his office and go home and take a shower. I had gone to him to talk about a billing problem. However, I will just pay my contract out and never step foot in that gym again even during the days I have left on my contract. The man is scarey!!!

• Br
    Britttneyyy123 Apr 03, 2013

Don't waste your money on the personal training!!! They lie and scam you into expensive training sessions and then skip out! I'm not training with anyone else after that!!! Will not give a refund so they basically scammed me for $360!!! Horrible customer service and the manager is not a very good one. All he can do is aplogize for his trainer lying and scamming me for $360! Sorry but I don't Need your sympathy!!! Worst situation ever they make me SICK!

signature on contract not mine

I have sent numerous complaints against golds gym to which they have not responded including the Minnesota State Attorney Generals office. They have a 12 month contract stating it is my signature and is not. We have been charged for almost 6 months of dues and when we requested a copy of the contract it took the BBB three trys to get a copy of the contract. All of my requests were ignored. When we finally got the copy of the contract through BBB we found the signature on the contract. The signature is not mine. Not even close. We then took this to the Minnesota State Attorney Generals office and after 1 1/2 months, they have not replied. Think twice before even contacting them cause you can get scammed without even signing anything.

Signed.

Very disappointed

poor management

If you are having problem with the Golds Gym in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma do not waste your time talking with the GM "Rick". I spoke with him and spoke with him and spoke with him several times. He is the lazest person I have ever met. After talking with employees I find out he tells people he will fix this or that or do this or that and it is never done. It is my understand he treats the employees the same way. If you go to him with a problem chance are he will not return your calls or do anything about it. I have heard it time in and time out how he has not fixed this "not for weeks but month" till finally you speak with someone in management from another gym, with corp office, or the front desk manager. If you have a problem go to the Woodland Hills Gym, or talk with the front desk manager or call corp. I will be leaving Golds as soon as I can.

• Wo
    Workingout101 May 05, 2011

I agree 100%. I have never seen a more piss-poor manager then the manager at Golds Gym in Broken Arrow, OK. If this is the quality of a normal general manager with Golds no wonder I see so many complaints online about Golds. I will not even waste my time going into some long letter at the GM at Broken Arrow, OK. I will just say stay away from Broken Arrow and Golds if this is the way they treat members. I spoke with several employee with Golds in Both Broken Arrow and Woodland Hills and they explained the GM at Broken Arrow has caused problems since the day the gym opened. I guess this is a prime example of Corp America not given a crap as long as they are making money. I will be leaving Golds as soon as my contract is up

• Tf
    T. Fields May 12, 2012

It seems to be a common complaint for Golds "the management sucks!" Poor to no response to complaints, no body in charge or responsible for maintaining rules. Broken glass from a car being broken into laid in the parking lot for over 3 weeks. Personal trainers not in uniform, taking up equipment with no regard to other members. Never anyone on duty who can answer questions or take care of issues.

billing

Need to read this. I am an employee of golds so let me help you understand. Golds is an ok place to work while going to school but if you are looking for a career go elsewhere. Billing seems to be a big complaint on here so let me tell you why all of you are getting know where when changing credit cards. Some of the employee like the front desk and management get a bonus for collecting money that is past dues. So do you really like they are in a hurry to fix your credit card? The only person in the gym making any money is the gm and the sales staff. The operations manager, the front desk and the kids club employee could all be on welfair. While the gm and the sales staff are racking in the money some making 100, 000 dollars a year the operations manager and the other staff is making min wage or just a little higher. So, of course they are trying to pick up a little extra any time they can. As to cancelling your memberships let me explain why you are having a hard time. When a gym has x amount of people ending their memberships the gm loses part of his bonus. So, of course they will drag it out as long as possible. Do not get upset at the front desk employees or the operations manager for trying to make a little more money after all they have kids to feed. If you want to get pissed get pissed at the gm or golds corp. After all those are the ones that not only screw over there employees but they are the ones that have caused this problems. You cannot crap on your employees and expect them to be full of smiles everyday and pass up on being able to feed there kids.

wrongful charges

When Gold's Gym Eau Claire was still under construction in July 2008, I signed a contract and the sales rep advised I would have 30 days to cancel, no obligation nor hassle, I went back in less than 30 days to cancel the contract and yes there was no obligation as promised.

Even though I canceled, I was still being charged the membership fee, and since I was apart of World Health Club I dumbly assumed they raised their fees or was an improvement fee. When I got my receipt from World Health Club I didn't see those charges. I tried calling the number that appeared on my VISA statement and it was their collection agency. I called Golds Gym and told them the situation, and got fed with, I didn't follow the procedure, and needed to send a letter. But I was at the Sales rep desk at Eau Claire, and watched them cancel the contract.However, my Credit card still started getting charged.

Basically I called Gold's and there was nothing they can do, because of an internal mistake on their part, I am literally paying for it. Now I am seeing what I can do to get the refund back for the past year, all I have to say is these guys are terrible when it comes to customer service and money.

Wise to the Gold Sep 04, 2011

A Golds Gym in Ontario, Canada offers the personal touch by meeting with members to cancel. This is contrary to their specific policy ( which by the way if often skipped during a price presentation ) Cancellation 30 days in advance by registered mail is the policy. If anyone offers to meet with you always, always, get a signed copy of the cancellation form. If the person you are dealing with knows you don''t have a copy it could get crumpled up and tossed. The staff don't worry, they have the Finance Company to deal with you and while that happens the Owners just keep smiling as your money keeps rolling in.

lying, not doing equipment maintenance, rudeness

I joined gym in September, signed up for Retreat, which is suppose to be all inclusive. The tanning beds had...

rip off scamers

When in Cairo I needed a local gym to do my daily workout. I found a Gold's gym in Maadi. I asked for a day pass which Diana at front desk quoted a rate of 110 egyptian pounds (about 2o US dollors).The average rate is between 5 to 10 dollors. I paid the outrageous amount for two consecutive days. After finding out that I paid this amount on the third day they decided lets milk that sucker for extra money. Mr Tarek the manager decided to raise the price to 130 egyptian pounds that morning. Stating that the previous two days were supposed to be 130 but the front desk receptionist never knew about it. Such Bull S...

• Ro
    Roger456 Feb 21, 2010

They are known for lack of professionalism and outrageous charges. The gym is top floor in office building. Awful

unethical

Golds Gym in Saudi Arabia uses unqualified cheap labor from poor countries such as Egypt, India and Phillipines and S Africa. They force their employees to donate blood each month and then they sell it for profit at the Saudi German Hospital which is also owned by the Batterjee family. They also cheat their employees out of their salaries and overwork them and force them to cover for each other's vacations without pay. The owner and many employees are all on drugs and the owner is a womanizer who is married and tries to take advantage of his female employees.

chez931 Sep 13, 2010

Your an idiot

• Un
    unfortunatemployee Dec 17, 2012

Not only that Ms. Howaida they also charge upon on your excess billing of plane ticket and penalties if you made re-booking and penalties from exit re-entry visas the bread and butter why it runs is through penalties . a rampant deductions from absences and late even you have perfect time sheet and times you could not have a salary for a month And as usual company grown not only taking money from members but through their employees as well. You're right unqualified trainer because most unfortunate employees of them are not their sponsored but illegally work as trainers or whatever available post needed who does not have experience and certificates.Truly the management and the owner are cheaters.

membership cancellation

Okay so once I was told that it takes an act of God to get out of a Gold's Gym contract. I didn't believe it because Initially going into Gold's and signing up for a 2 year contract was a good experience. The gentleman that signed me up for the membership was nice and friendly and made it seem like when my contract was up it would expire and I would need to renew it if I would like. Little did I know that this is false. They automatically will keep billing you if you don't call them. I initially contacted them on December 27th of 2009 and told them that my contract was up and that I wouldn't like to renew my contract. The lady I talked to said I needed to send in a written letter to the coorperate office and cancel my membership. She told me that I would not be charged in January of 2010 and that I could go to the gym until January 22nd of 2010. So January 26th rolled around and a charge from them appeared on my credit card. I called the people who are in charge of billing because heaven forbid they are the same company or they claim they aren't, and they tell me that they recieved my member cancellation on the 5th of January and that there is a 30-day notice period. I then contacted the woman I spoke with in December and she said that she told me about the 30 day notice in which she did not say a word to me about. So I made sure it would cancel on the 5th of Feb, so let's cross our fingers that it actually happens. I then called the billing company, Paramount something or another, to tell them to please delete my card # so they wouldn't be able to charge me. The gentleman then said I had to send in a written request to be taken off automatic billing and that he couldn't actually do that. I've really tamed down my review but I am telling you right now that the representatives are rude, arrogant jerks. I have never been treated so poorly in my life while working witha company! It makes me sick how they could actually treat their customers the way the do!

• Re
    rednessa Jan 28, 2010

Im employed by those jerks. I know first hand what they have done to you. I see it everyday! Of coursae the lil' ### was nice to you, he was trying to get your money. That's what they do. KISS KISS! Then after that you on your own. Overcharged? Not thier problem, or corp. It some how manages to be the members fault. They have a special way of making you feel stupid and your to blame. Hell no they don't tell you when your contract is up, they want to empty your bank account! They crooks after all.
    Need help from management? Forget it! Unless y ou plan to shell out more money!! Gold's Gym a ### place to work out, ### place to work!

staff/member abuse

Have been reading numerous complaints against gold's gym, they are all true! I agree with all of them. Management is responsible for all the problems that go on in the gyms. they pass the buck to their front desk staff who take the blame for everything. Managers hide from the members, will not take their calls, or return them. After signing up members they are screwed. I know all this to be true, since being emplyed at lakeline for a yr now. The only time they are interested in helping members is when they think can suck more money out of them. They spend more time out of the office in restaurants to blow smoke up each others' *** instead of doing actual work. "conference call" and texting are priority over members.

wrongfully sent to collection agency

My girl friend and I had signed up with Gold's Gym. This was at the then new downtown location known a...