Having problems with GoDaddy?

GoDaddy reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 5, 2008. The latest review Cancellation 2 step verification process time was posted on Oct 19, 2021. The latest complaint hosting account removed without warning was resolved on Sep 27, 2018. GoDaddy has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 307 reviews. GoDaddy has resolved 51 complaints.

GoDaddy Customer Service Contacts

+1 480 505 8877 (Customer Service)
+44 207 084 1810 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 535 976 (Ireland)
+61 293 557 491 (Australia)
+64 99 759 407 (New Zealand)
+43 720 116 858 (Austria)
+32 78 482 045 (Belgium)
+45 36 927 733 (Denmark)
+31 858 883 143 (Netherlands)
+351 308 802 068 (Portugal)
+41 435 083 970 (Switzerland)
+852 30 188 600 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 975 8958 (Indonesia)
+60 362 074 694 (Malaysia)
+63 27 591 426 (Philippines)
+65 63 494 240 (Singapore)
+27 214 276 288 (South Africa)
+82 264 339 576 (South Korea)
+66 21 056 194 (Thailand)
+54 115 984 0780 (Argentina)
+57 13 826 761 (Colombia)
14455 North Hayden Rd, Suite 219
Scottsdale, Arizona

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with GoDaddy Customer Service. Initial GoDaddy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for GoDaddy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about GoDaddy. Discuss the issues you have had with GoDaddy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

GoDaddy Complaints & Reviews, Page 14

Godaddy Emailsunningly bad support

The issue was caused by a GoDaddy upgrade to the IMAP email service I am using.
The upgrade caused some Mac Mail users to experience problems while synching of their inboxes. That is the problem I experienced.

I am an extremely experienced and knowledgeable user. I began my career as a programmer at AT&T, Bell Labs in 1985. I have a Masters Degree in Computer Science and understand email protocols and the underlying process of email communications better than the average user, and most likely better than all of your first tier support staff.

I called twice - first speaking with Garret, who was very unhelpful, and then to Daniel, when the problem was identified and then resolved. I later spoke with a supervisor, Sergio, who followed his training and listened quietly to my complaints, infrequently making sympathetic sounds, and in the end made me feel worse about the entire experience and GoDaddy's commitment to customer service.

During my initial call, "Garret" did very little to diagnose my problem, simply concluding that the issue was with the Mac Mail client, and instructing me to call Apple. Garret's failure was not consulting your internal knowledge base to identify that the problem I was experiencing and describing to him was a known issue, and properly corrected from your end of the connection.

Upon Garret's recommendation, I then proceeded to contact Apple and embarked on a four hour process of diagnosing the problem and potential resolutions. During that time I worked with some extremely knowledgeable escalation support reps. In addition to my time, I spent ~$50 on a support incident. At the end of some extensive testing, the Apple rep and I concluded the issue had to be located with the GoDaddy servers.

I then made my second support call of the evening, and spoke with Daniel. To his credit, he actually checked your knowledge base and recognized that the issue I was describing was a known issue, and could properly be resolved by your server team making adjustments to my account. He was helped in his conclusion by the certainty I then had that the issue was within your walls.

I might have finished this support odyssey with an "okay" feeling about GoDaddy and your support is Daniel had moved immediately into resolving the issue and apologizing for the inconvenience and expense that GoDaddy support had caused. Instead, Daniel proceeded to attempt to upsell me on hosted Exchange - making a technically absurd argument regarding IMAP and that I was somehow overloading the connection and should be using a more robust and expensive solution.

I did not appreciate this - considering it more insult atop my GoDaddy caused injury.

Once the issue was finally resolved, I commenced to complain. Not a virtuous act, but one that I can only explain (at least to myself) as a mechanism to vent some of my built up frustration.

Receiving no satisfaction from Daniel (and recognizing that he really is not in a position to offer any), I asked to speak to a supervisor.

Transferred to Sergio, I felt even less satisfaction.

I can only offer to snippets of advice:
1. Encourage your first tier support reps to AT LEAST consult your knowledge base before making a diagnosis of a problem. Garret's lack of professionalism resulted in very low performance by the GoDaddy team.

2. Instruct your support team to lay off on the upsell when dealing with a recognizably frustrated user. That was a completely tone deaf and self defeating behavior. I recognize that GoDaddy support is really a selling machine, but you need to make sure it is also a customer retention tool.

Goddaddy/TotalDNSincompetent service and support

When Godaddy's assigned "Total DNS" name servers nsXX.domaincontrol.com started responding only intermittently (DNS up and down enough to make one dizzy) and the telephone support was unable to comprehend the complaint, I followed up to my tele-supporter and support with detailed emails including ping and traceroute info, only to get the following responses:

=======================
    Dear Dizzy,

Thank you for contacting Online Support. Our hosting servers and nameservers will more often than not respond to pings as they are the lowest priority traffic. They should resolve to traces with no problem, but most pings will be refused. We apologize for any confusion this may cause.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Regards,
    Mitchell P.
    Online Support Team
    ========================
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Online Support. Upon reviewing your account, it appears that your domain is not hosted with us. As such, you will need to contact your hosting/IP provider for assistance in this matter.

Please let us know if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns by replying to this email. Our service departments and telephone lines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to accommodate your needs anytime.

Sincerely,
    Martin P.
    Online Support Team
    ========================

Despite how the service had made me feel, my name is not actually Dizzy, the issue was not about ping, and certainly my domain's DNS was hosted by Godaddy.

After providing more elementary support via email, as well as lambasting their idiocy and incompetence, I got the expected silence that was at least a relief.

About 20 hours in I finally could stand it no more and called again, then forced escalation to a higher power. About 64 minutes in, after repeatedly explaining the basics of DNS and the insanity of me contacting my ISP service to complain, and assurances everything was perfect from their side, I was finally let in on the secret: Godaddy/domaincontrol has network restrictions on the name servers that should be lifted within another day or so. Nothing more will be done to help your domain's name resolution.

I think the incompetence of providing service, of providing support, and of caring at all about the whole business of DNS is made pretty clear by all this.

Look elsewhere.

GoDaddyfraud

As someone who has used them for 5+ years and spent thousands of dollars (for dozens of domains and services) I can say that GoDaddy (henceforth “GD”) is the Wal-Mart of Internet hosts; only, one that lives up—and then some—to the hysterical denunciations its opponents levy against it.
      Where to begin?

Well first off, GD’s debut on the scene—their initial “offering” to would-be customers—involved a suggestive Candice Miller’s enormous breasts. That ought to tell you the demo they’re shooting for.

But second, how about the fact that when you buy a service from GD, they have about three dozen checkboxes (better make sure none are pre-selected!) so that you have to opt out of buying its worthless services?

Or how about the awful site design, which not only looks like an extra-high Andy Warhol painting, but which at checkout is like the Internet equivalent of a Best Buy: “Now that you’re buying that $700 Dell laptop, would you like to buy Best Buy’s Accidental Damage ProtectionTM for $200? Or how about our preemptive Data Recovery ServiceTM plan? Then maybe the Extended WarrantyTM? Or how about 155 other useless ‘service’ upsells?” Not only does this reek of desperation; of a company trying to squeeze as much blood out of your rock as possible, but like Best Buy’s add-ons, it similarly preys on the technologically ignorant in hopes they can convert a $10 domain buy into a $100 shopping spree.

And how can anybody possibly like the fact that GD automatically puts all of your products on Auto-Renew? In other words, you’re getting charged for them this time next year unless you opt out.

From a user interface standpoint, GD’s services—email, storage, account information, etc.—are totally unusable. I hadn’t used GD for about a year when my dad started having trouble with them, and it took me probably 7 minutes to figure out how to access the account information I needed on the redesigned back-end. And getting back to the email etc., it’s laughable to think anyone would actually go to the trouble of logging into GD’s clients to use their web services—it is Web 1.0 all the way. More UI work and fewer boobs on TV, please.

Then, anybody’s who’s bought something from GD knows how INSANE their email reminders are. I don’t have the patience to look through my own email logs right now, but off the top of my head I believe GD will send you as many as 6-10 “friendly reminders” that your service is about to expire. Outrageously, I’ve gotten urgent warnings about domains set to expire several (i.e., more than 3) months in the future. But everybody can look forward to getting “90 Days Left!” reminders, then perhaps a 75, 45, 30, 15, 10, 5 and so on. I’m winging it there but honestly, I don’t think that’s far off. And if you’re like me and have two dozen domains or services with them that you purchased at different times, you’re getting somewhere in the neighborhood of an email a week (or more). It’s borderline harassment from a company YOU ARE PAYING. What’s more, even if you paid for several years of a service, they’ll still antagonize you with regular updates reminding you to extend those years even further. Too much is never enough for GD.

From what I can tell GD also anonymizes ownership of many of its un-owned domains so that WHOIS queries yield nothing unless they’re made from GD’s own site. Is this a traffic-boosting measure?

But the big kicker with GD is how difficult it can be to cancel the service. My dad paid $1500 for a premium domain, a purchase I oversaw. He bought 5 years of ownership and hosting on top of that but didn’t require any additional email addresses etc. Well the domain he bought was rendered obsolete when his eponymous company went out of business. That’s when the insane journey begins; one I largely oversaw.

Even though he’s purchased several years of service in advance, they’re still terrorizing him with “reminders” to give them more money. On his behalf I log in, and upon spending 7 minutes navigating the unusable UI I finally find the billing information. There I notice they’ve been charging him for perhaps a half-dozen services he doesn’t know he owns, and in any case wouldn’t know how to use (and to be fair, as I said nobody in their right mind would use GD’s HORRIBLE email etc. Web 1.0 services). I’m talking storage, FTP access, extra email accounts, domain anonymizer and privacy protection. My dad is trying to sell this domain, why would he try to keep the WHOIS details a secret? It would be like trying to sell a used car by paying to have your contact details removed from the Autotrader. Sure enough, his VISA was being charged the whole while; most recently, twice in 48 hours for around $50.

So I set about canceling these services, but there is no “cancel” button, only the option to turn off Auto-Renew. Fair enough. So I uncheck everything, but it doesn’t process. Turns out you have to select the correct checkboxes in the correct configuration like you’re Nic Cage in National Treasure 3 getting out the green half-glasses to solve the Riddle of the Sphynx (i.e., some choices require “extra” confirmation to cancel). I figure this out and get Auto-Renew turned off for all services except for two.

Those involve some kind of domain privacy protection, and they “need additional information” to process your decision to quit GD’s services. Among that information: everything but the kitchen sink. They wanted a full color scan of your driver’s license, domain protection login, phone number, email—everything. Whatever, I reluctantly submit it. About a day later I get a followup saying they now need a full-color scan of the business license associated with the company owning the domain, but that company is out of business so, now ticked off, we send them the new one. Another day later we get yet another followup, this time asking us to fill out a form in lieu of having the “proper” business license. By now we’re infuriated but we just want this thing to be over with so we want to sign the new document. I open it up and read it, and it’s asking my dad to relinquish all legal claims of ownership to the $1500 domain (and services) that he owns, and to further “support GoDaddy” in any of its own claims of ownership of those products and services.

WHAAAAT?

We paid $1500 plus hosting and now, as a condition of turning off Auto-Renew for domain protection, you want us to hand over the product you sold us for $1500 with about 4 years left on the contract? I’m thinking this is a total mistake so, now apoplectic, I email them back clarifying what it is we want, and telling them we’re not handing over our $1500 domain as a condition of turning off Auto-Renew. As if we couldn’t get any angrier, they email us back with EXACTLY the same form email telling us to sign away our rights so they can process our request to turn off Auto-Renew for our domain’s “protection” service.

At the time of this writing (5/2012), the issue is still not resolved. GD will not turn off Auto-Renew, and so we have just canceled the card they were using. Try it now, GD.

The experience, which of course is still not over, has been like getting out of a gang.

Honest to God, avoid GoDaddy at all costs. Use ANYBODY else. It should have been clear right from the outset with the boobs commercials that they don’t respect the intelligence of their clientele, and they will treat you accordingly from beginning to end. Disregard this, and you have no right to be surprised when weird charges you don’t remember making start showing up on your VISA bill, when you’re getting terrorized with their spam emails, and when they refuse to honor their contracts—not even when their awful website induces a seizure.

2 Responses
          novreis Feb 17, 2014

Look for another provider!!!

Godaddy is definitely a non customer oriented company! Its main purpose is to get money from customers by all the ways possible.
          I've just bought Office 365 license that gives me the website and email box I need, so I cancelled these services at Godaddy, I had for long time.

I had also bought 5 domains and all with expire dates of end 2014 and one till 2015! Now they say I "deleted" the domains and they got expired!

After several support tickets exchanges they insist that I most recover the Domain I wanted more (with expire dates in 9/14), and pay 80 $ for that.

One of us (me or Godaddy) is stupid!
          I would be stupid if I wanted to delete registered domains I paid in advance and not expired
          or
          Godaddy is stupid to think their customers want to drop money away.

Godaddy site allows, without an alert giving the criticality of the action, to delete already paid registered domains ... and after they ask money for recover. This is stupid and non ethical!

I am a 61 years old economist and former CIO at important companies where Customer Relationship Management (CRM) was priority number one. An acronym that Godaddy does not know!

sam prakash Sep 28, 2012

I am getting same problem...

This godaddy cheat peoples collect my 75$ & they not allowed me to transfer all other domains...

Godaddy.compoor servcie, horrible e mail service provider

I use their e mail service and created a domain for my company to receive e mails. Their service stinks, I am so sorry I ever did business with them. I experience problems getting my e mail wand often, and always it is never THEIR issue which they immediately deny when you call. Today May 7 2012 I had issue with Outlook getting on their server. I had the same issue with two computers and an Internet service hosted by two different companies in NYC. Their crack Go Daddy Customer Service denied it was them, said to call the internet provider.

You waste you time doing that, the NYC Internet providers both said there is no issue with them, which is true. They also both said they have problems with Godaddy and it is often their fault, but that they always tell their customer to contact them anyway. Finally after wasting oh 90 minutes Go Daddy send an e mail...".oops it i was our fault." That is it. This same thing has happened not once but a half dozen times since I was stupid enough to do business wit them. Their service stinks, their customer service people are arrogant ###s who refuse to acknowledge any problem could even hypothetically could be theirs. Don't waste you time or money with GoDaddy they suck!

GoDaddydouble charging, no remedy

Godaddy's checkout had a glitch that did not display a correct purchase properly. Thus I was billed two one year subscriptions for the same domain for which, if I wanted a two year subscription it would have cost less thasn two one year subscriptions "bought" within 10 seconds of each other. They did not refund the surplus saying that they have no glitch and I agreed to the terms and conditions, they did not even offer to refund the difference between the cost of two one year subscriptions and the lower cost of one two year subscription (nor did I ask as I wanted a full refund for their glitch). So I told them I would ditch their services completely for ever and report this dishonesty and lack of tact and jobsworth boneheadedness to anyone who would listen, so here I am doing that, so that they make a greater loss than they have ever made in profits from me in the 4 years I and the organisations I work with change provider. Indeed also they have changed provider

chefraphael May 31, 2014

Same happened to me today: I have two receipts for the same time period paid for domain renewals... when I contacted costumer service I was explained I merely purchased four (4) years instead of two(2) - my receipts clearly indicate i purchased the SAME time period twice. I asked for the money to be re-credited and my request was refused. Instead, "Heather" explained my dilemma was clearly outlined in the policy attached on the bottom of the website... however she did not know where precisely... I'm irked having to deal with such costumer reps. GoDaddy basically pilfered money from me!

GoDaddyfalse notification of domain expiration

GoDaddy sent a domain name expiration notice for a domain name that was not expiring. I logged onto the account and it showed the name had expired so I renewed it (in a panic). Ten days later, our business manager noticed we had paid for multiple years the last time we renewed it. When we contacted GoDaddy, they said nothing could be done about it. They refused to refund the money saying we had to cancel within 5 days of the renewal. They have refused to acknowledge their action of sending false information caused the problem. Perhaps this is standard operating procedure of GoDaddy? Watch out for this scam. Better still, don't use GoDaddy.

Godaddy.com Provides Hosting For The Sell Fake Degreesviolation of patriot act

Public warning! - major scam in progress!
              The one owner not a company who owns and operates all these sites wll never actually send you a credible document that would pass inspection or anything at all once you wire him money!

Owns – operates

Realisticdiploma
              Kwickdegree.com
              Spoofprint.com
              Fakedegrees.org. Uk

This is a complex scam whereas the same owner of all the sites listed above is based out of the us in the state of virginia. The real owner who pretends to be based out of the uk operates many quite believable fake diploma review sites (Above) or his main fake diploma watchdog or fake-uk-degrees.co. Uk.

The scam of course is to recommend his own sites and charge large amounts of money fooling the customer into thinking that the product must be good for that rather large amount or sum. Of course the whole scam is just a wire transfer scam in which that is the only payment they accept because they know you will never get your money back!
              Suckers or uneducated people who have made the wire transfer never see a product as the company scammer or princeton partners etc uses part of the money to remove and disable complaint links. Customers and a rather large amount if not all have reported that they were duped and threatened if they posted any complaints.
              The scam which does not accept paypal because you will get your money back was created with a payment accept mumbo jumbo story behind why they do not accept credit cards blah blah blah.. This scam runs off of no protection for the consumers you pay you lose scam!
              There simply is no product – your pay or wire transfer and your money is gone!

All web site hosting is godaddy.com which is in complete violation of the us patriot act providing hosting to a site that sells and advertises the sale of fake degrees. Godaddy.com which allows, provides such hosting has no excuse which it comes to being put on notice as to what this owner and his many sites sells which is a complete and utter crime.

Go Daddyovercharge

I went to renew 5 domain names on Go Daddy. I renewed them and then went back in and the system showed two more domain names I had not renewed. I reprocessed them but then realized their system messed up. It only showed three domain names renewed. I called Go Daddy and they said too bad too sad. 20.78 they don't care and can't do anything. they demean and use women to advertise their products but don't care when you actually do a transaction with them. When they were small they were so easy to deal with. Now avoid them. stay away

1-888 Junk Van — overcharging

I purchased a Kijiji Daily Deal for junk removal by 1-888 Junk Van. When the truck arrived, there was already...

Ottawa

Godaddy.comgodaddy.com billing scam

I have tried to cancel my domain hosting services with godaddy.com twice now to no avail. Recently godaddy.com charged me $198 dollar for an auto-renew of domain names that I have tried to cancel. I recently contacted them to try to resolve the issue and they are requiring documentation that I don't have. I can't cancel the auto-renew and I can't take my credit cards of file with them. This company has no problem charging my credit card without any documentation at all however when you try to cancel their godaddy.com auto-renew scam they all of a sudden require all sort of documentation. This godaddy.com scam is like having someone rip $200 ouot of your wallet and not be able to do anything about it. Avoid this godaddy.com billing scam and this auto-renew scam at all costs it has cost me hundreds of dollars.

Go Daddymanipulative billing practices

Go Daddy has to be one of the most dishonest and manipulative companies around. They have a default AUTO RENEW for domain names that you have to look to find. I get dozens of alerts from them to add or renew domain names not on auto-renew, but NONE when they've been auto-set to auto-renew. The charge just shows up on your credit card. Even without CEOs that shoot elephants, this company has got to be the most aggressive and dishonest internet service on the planet.

Godaddy.comhighly unprofessional company

We have renewed our domains with this company through paypal and due to some reason, paypal charged back the transaction and these guys simply took the domains off our list and despite calling for 3 days, they did not reinstate them. Unfortunately, the domain names are high ranked domains and are on the 1st place on Google for few key words. Our page position went off and almost 12 people work on the products/services these domains provide. We have a so called dedicated account manager to our account as we have more than 1000 domains in our account. He is of no use either. Firstly, the domains we renewed are not yet expired and secondly the company did not even send us a mail and give some time to pay the outstanding through alternate payment method. Never trust www.Godaddy.com for something very important. Their customer care can never help you out and the so called dedicated account managers are useless too. The only way to save yourselves is to keep away from them and buy your domain elsewhere. If you think of hosting, they provide the 3rd grade hosting services. Always unreliable

Go Daddyincompetence

I've had many frustrations with the support at GoDaddy.com. The answers to most of my questions are either incorrect or they suggest fixes I've already proven don't work. The incident that provoked this complaint occurred during a support call. I asked whether it was possible to download a file of an old version of the website because I wanted to ensure I retained it. I was told that no, it was not possible. During the support call the tech support rep made 5 backups of the current version of the site, deleting the very copy of the site I wanted to retain. When I discovered this I called to request that the copy of the version they deleted be recovered I was told it wasn't possible. Keeping this old version of the website was imperative. It's absurd to me that it's impossible to recover something they themselves deleted. Every network has backups for this very reason.

In my experience, the most common response to my varied questions has been, "I'm sorry. That's not possible." May I make corrections to the template were using? No. May I submit the need for a correction in their erroneous CSS? No. Those who are considering Go Daddy and it's design tool Website Tonight for a serious website should think seriously and do their research before committing money to such a horrible design tool and such incompetent customer service.

• S6
                            s62234 Jul 20, 2011

I tried Go Daddy for both hosting and SSL services. I was never impressed. The service went out, so I called them. Tech indicates that there are no problems currently. Shortly after I call it is fixed. Coincidence huh?

Their SSL certs aren't fully accredited with most browsers and devices. Even though you pay for the certificates, you still get the SSL warning messages. Pay a bit more and get the real thing at a Verisign, Thawte, or Geotrust reseller.

Steer clear.

Go Daddytheft

Unauthorized charges to credit card.
                          Go Daddy took it upon itself to charge my credit card for service I never ordered or agreed to. Since I wasn't going let these slim bags steal from a dog rescue I disputed the charges with the credit card company.
                          Now Go Daddy is punishing us by holding our domain name hostage so they can extort money for there fees and the service we never ordered.
                          I am going to file a complaint with ICANN as well as the attorney general. Then I am going to contact the credit card company and inform them Go Daddy try to use the account in a fraudulent manor.
                          We are a non profit dog rescue for abused dogs.
                          Good job Go Daddy!
                          I am going to be your worst nightmare...you screwed with the wrong tomcat ###.

Godaddy Domain Securityused my atm card for unrequested services

I had paid for a website two & a half years ago and decided in Dec 2010 to go on and pay for three more years. I also paid for an addtional domain name for my second business however not a website. My expiration date was actually May 2011. In March I began getting email about renewing my site as well as domain. I was confused because I had already paid for the renewal of both. I contacted them regarding the email and GoDaddy began explaining I had not paid for a renewal of my domain name for my existing website. He said let me chweck something and I asked if they were charging me for the domain he said no! I go to my email and see I was charged $130 for Domain renewal and security charges for a website that did not a pay service. I called them back immediately, telling them not to charge me for somethiong I did not order. needless to say they sent me on a run around then said I could get $75 back if I went to anbother dept and submitted a copy of my license and did that within 5 days. They then said I had to scan my bisiness license in order to get any money back. I called them and they said a Supervisor would be calling me and that never happened. Unfortunately I have already paid for the site howevwr if I had not I would never use them again! They are not accountable so if you order services from them do not use your ATM card, but your credit card so if you are in a similar situation you can recend the charges yourself!

GoDaddyhoax

Godaddy.com web hosting and domain name registration is a total hoax!!! The domain names we registered with godaddy - which they said were available were in use... The website tonight they claimed we would have online that evening because it was so easy to setup-never worked right!
                              They talk you into protecting your domain names in case someone steals them, this is the biggest hoax of all. The protection they are offering, that you do not have to show a federal ein or dba registration, can only be cancelled if you have a federal ein or registered dba... When they are scaring you into purchasing this said protection for your domain name - that is already in use, can only be cancelled if you show these documents. They keep your bank account information and charge it automatically until you can produce said items-with your government issued id with your picture, that you may or may not have-I might add these docs were not required to get the protection but are required to get out of the protection. After they spin you for months, of course, they claim your use of the protection for those months, so you get next to nothing of your money back.

Warning: do not trust godaddy.com...

GoDaddystealing domains

GoDaddy.com saves information about searched domain names and then unless you buy the name right away, either it or people on its staff will purchase it, hoping to extort money from you if you want that name later.

5 Responses
                                  • Se
                                    sebron Sep 28, 2015

Talk about an inside job!!! I searched Godaddy for a very unique name; it was available. The very next day, someone (I suspect it was an inside job!) had purchased and was asking a huge amount of $$$ to buy it. That stinks to high heaven. These guys are crooks.

Angryatdomiansites Feb 23, 2013

I'm mad as heck. The name I searched was available at the regular price. Shortly after, on the same day, the price went up to 1995$!!! In shock, I immediately rechecked the name and it was no longer available.

• Bi
                                    bigdaddy5 Dec 06, 2011

They screwed me BAD! I was in the process of attempting to buy 2 domain names for a business I am trying to develop. They said my domains were available and I had just filled out all their necessary info but misplaced my credit card so before I lost my information I decided to make sure I solidified that I had an account with them by creating one. Whereas I was easily able to navigate between screens and always return to the payment/finalizing end of it beforehand, the next thing you know I couldn't return to that screen. When i then reattempted to purchase the domain names just seconds later GoDaddy claimed they were already taken and, if i was willing to pay for their services, they'd attempt to help me purchase the domains for a suddenly much higher price. How can they get away with this?

• Bi
                                    bigdaddy5 Dec 06, 2011

They just did that very same thing to me. I was informed that my domain names were open and available for purchase and I was in the process of securing them the screen somehow changed. Now they suddenly claim my domains are taken, unless of course I'd like to now buy them for a ton of money. I am sick to my stomach with what happened. How can they get away with this?

• Ih
                                    Ihategodaddy Aug 10, 2011

They did that to me. I was searching domain names for my husband's business. When I went back the next day to purchase godaddy had already taken the name and they want to charge me 21.00 to get on an auction list so that I can have a chance to bid on it.

GoDaddy — bait and switch

Transaction occurred between 9:00 and 9:30 am pacific time. Complaint against Customer Service personnel...

Go Daddyweb design extortion - recurring fee for nothing in return

Go Daddy is a very large SCAM organization. This company should be sued out of business. They have me between a rock in a hard place right now, but next year I will be prepared for their extortion attempt and will have alternate arrangements. I will never use them again. I paid over $1k for Go Daddy to design my ecommerce website. Now, 1 year later, Go Daddy wants me to pay $1k again for design services; but, get this, they will not do any design services this time. This $1k fee is just for me to be able to continue using the website I paid $1k for them to build for me last year. Are you as confused as I am by now??? I repeatedly asked the rep, 'well what will you be providing for this year's $1k? Last year, I gave you $1k and you gave me a website. This year you want me to give you another $1k, but what will I get?' The rep repeatedly answered that the $1k will allow me to have '30 minutes of monthly site maintenance and will allow me to continue using last year's design work - it will not cover any additional design work and if I don't pay it, I will no longer have a website'. Are you kidding me??? $1k for '30 minutes of monthly site maintenance' that Go Daddy locks me out of my ecommerce site for 10 DAYS so that I cannot process any orders for 10 DAYS ---- only to find that 10 DAYS later when Go Daddy unlocks the site, that the changes 1) have not been made at all or 2) were only partially made. $1k to continue looking at the cheesy, tacky, TEMPLATE Go Daddy passed off as web design last year. Go Daddy is a large SCAM!! I am shocked that they are still operating. If you are on the fence about using Go Daddy --- run the other way. I'm sure that you have many legitimate uses for your money rather than just giving it to Go Daddy for nothing in return.

• At
                                      Atlanta CEO Feb 15, 2011

I'm the author of this post. GoDaddy proactively contacted me after I posted this complaint. Not only did the customer service representative listen to my issue -- he took immediate action and RESOLVED the issue. He was polite and did not treat me like a number. It was a complete 180 from the last ten representatives I've spoken to at GoDaddy. I wish that I had been receiving this level of service from GoDaddy all along, but I want to focus on this really positive experience that I just had and share with everyone the effort GoDaddy put into creating a fair resolution. GoDaddy, Thank you for delivering great customer service on this issue.

Godaddy.compredatory business practices

Recently, my website was removed from the web community after and issue with the domain name occurred. Godaddy, the custodian, was notified of the issue, as well as; the fact that the this name was trademarked and used as part of my doing business as. The president of the company was notified and advised me of the fact that my domain name would be auctioned regardless and to purchase a $30 domain name back order, as well as, submit documents to their legal department to demonstrate ownership - which I did. It was explained to me that with the back order, I would have the ability to counter bid any offers on my domain name and subsequently procure my domain name. The domain name was sold via auction without notification and opportunity to counter the bid. Further two-days before the purchase, godaddy advised me that the domain name was mine and would be in my custodianship within 30-50 days. I maintain through this complaint the following: godaddy.com sold a encumbered product knowingly and with blatant disregard of legal protection; godaddy.com sold a service that did not perform as promised; godaddy.com has caused my philanthropic entity irreparable harm due to its predatory business practices. Godaddy.com single handily wiped out a web community that took 3-years to grow.