Having problems with GoDaddy?

GoDaddy reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 5, 2008. The latest review Domain expired was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint hosting account removed without warning was resolved on Sep 27, 2018. GoDaddy has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 306 reviews. GoDaddy has resolved 51 complaints.

GoDaddy Customer Service Contacts

+1 480 505 8877 (Customer Service)
+44 207 084 1810 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 535 976 (Ireland)
+61 293 557 491 (Australia)
+64 99 759 407 (New Zealand)
+43 720 116 858 (Austria)
+32 78 482 045 (Belgium)
+45 36 927 733 (Denmark)
+31 858 883 143 (Netherlands)
+351 308 802 068 (Portugal)
+41 435 083 970 (Switzerland)
+852 30 188 600 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 975 8958 (Indonesia)
+60 362 074 694 (Malaysia)
+63 27 591 426 (Philippines)
+65 63 494 240 (Singapore)
+27 214 276 288 (South Africa)
+82 264 339 576 (South Korea)
+66 21 056 194 (Thailand)
+54 115 984 0780 (Argentina)
+57 13 826 761 (Colombia)
14455 North Hayden Rd, Suite 219
Scottsdale, Arizona

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with GoDaddy Customer Service. Initial GoDaddy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for GoDaddy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about GoDaddy. Discuss the issues you have had with GoDaddy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

GoDaddy Complaints & Reviews, Page 15

Godaddy Auctionsscammed and avoided by godaddy

Fellow Scam members,

Here is a brief story that just happened to me over at Godaddy Auctions.

I bought a domain throught their auctions and paid $300 for it.

The admin of the domain would not send over the codes to initiate and finish the transfer.

Godaddy refused to help me transfer the domain that I fairly paid for and won at their auctions.

It Gets Worse...

The admin of the domain later told godaddy that he does not own the domain any longer and therefore cannot hand it over.

Then, he requested a refund on my behalf and godaddy is now issuing a refund that he requested on my behalf on the grounds that he does not own the domain anymore.

But...

Now it is listed again at the auctions by the same person...

I feel like that mo%$er$%^er...

And godaddy is just the best at enforcing the rules of the auction.

Avoid dealing with them if you can.

beenburned Mar 07, 2011

Find a qualified person who can broker on your behalf instead of dealing with child laborers in India

GoDaddycredit card harvesting

GoDaddy is one of the worse domain and hosting companies in America. The company I work for stopped using GoDaddy after we noticed GoDaddy was harvesting our credit card details to add unauthorized charges to the cards.

The company, my employer, had been a customer of GoDaddy's for several years and had various orders and charges with the company on different charge cards and accounts. Whenever they tried to cancel a product or service, they faced problems with GoDaddy. GoDaddy's customer support is the worse imaginable and does not provide any help. As an option the features on GoDaddy's website allows a client to add or remove their own updates or cancellations. Surprise, surprise when we canceled a service or item with GoDaddy it would magically appear as active again sometime later. In other words, it was difficult to cancel items. GoDaddy clearly involve themselves in guerilla sales tactics. This happened several times. Since GoDaddy has zero customer service that will help with cancellations you are basically stuck.

To stop these incessant fraudulent charges from occurring from GoDaddy we finally ended up canceling all accounts and cards associated with the account. A lengthy and cumbersome process and needless to say we never used GoDaddy again after years of being a customer with the company.

Quite recently we noticed GoDaddy is involved in other guerilla sales tactics: they email payment due notices on domains and hosting we don't even have registered with them! This is amazing considering that Bob Parsons, the president of GoDaddy, filed a lawsuit against a rival for doing the exact same thing.
    This company is simply highly dishonest.

My employer has switched to bluehost with no problems and no fake charges or forced extensions on orders.

Respond

Godaddy.comthe slowest process in the world

When you choose GoDaddy.com, please be aware of the following.

1. Whenever I change directory name, forward domain names, designate directory for domain, or setting up database, it seems to takes forever. In other words, whenever you try to do something on the hosting, or domain control, it just takes too long. I used many other companies domain and hosting service, they are usually immediate.

Now I realize GoDaddy.com is not GoSlowest.com

2. Whenever I request simple application installation which is done by automatic, it just takes forever like 24 ~ 48 hours, which make you impossible to work during weekend. GoDaddy is not business and customer oriented service.

Whenever you use GoDaddy, please do not use their auto-application installation. It is takes days to install simple application.

3. I am not sure but since the news of GoDaddy.com auction sales for its own company, the service attitude has been downgraded, because I did NOT feel any sincere help that their tech service people is willing to solve or help customer.

4. Their survey is only for survey, not for real improvement of service.

From now on, I will not spend any single penny on GoDaddy.com

• It
          IT clients Sep 13, 2010

NEVER USE GODADDY.COM for HOSTING SERVICE. EVERY STEP TAKES FOREVER.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT AT ALL FOR BUSINESS OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE.

IT TOOK ALREADY 2 DAYS PAST, SINCE I REQUESTED AUTOMATIC APPLICATION INSTALLATION, BUT NOTHING WAS DONE. IT IS PAINFULLY SLOW TO DO ANYTHING WITH GODADDY.COM.

IT IS TIME TO WALK AWAY. THEY SHOULD SUFFER AS THEY LET CUSTOMER SUFFER.

THEY JUST SCREW ME BY NOT ANSWERING THE DETAIL REASON OF DELAY, EVEN YOU ASK HELP.

GODADDY.COM IS NOW GOSCREWYOU.COM ?

• It
          IT clients Sep 12, 2010

Typo ---> Now I realize GoDaddy.com is GoSlowest.com

Godaddy.com — good as gold refund

I used GOOD AS GOLD account to invest in domains industry, but Godaddy needed to refund some money to me. I...

Go Daddyfraudulent behavior

Letter to godaddy - hackers infiltrate godaddy - godaddy does nothing unless you fork out $150 to restore your database file.

To whom it may concern,

I have been a godaddy member for over 7 years. I have recommended godaddy.com as “the” go to place for website business. The customer service has always been available, the prices are reasonable and godaddy.com has been around for many years.

Recently, someone hacked into my account and installed malware code into my website pages by hacking into a database file. This application is joomla. I installed this application, as I have many others, through godaddy – instructed by godaddy and promoted by godaddy as “your connection for the best free & premium hosting applications!” as far as I knew, what I was doing was safe and stable and run by godaddy because the godaddy name is all over the page and is promoting it.

On may 11th my business site was rendered completely useless because of this hacker. Godaddy told me they would be investigating and not to touch any files. 10 days later I had to keep calling to find out what was going on, and 10 days of business was lost, and is still being lost.

I installed joomla to be able to use as a non web person – as a user friendly way to have my own website that I could manage myself. This is how godaddy promoted it.

When I called tech support to find out what had happened - I was told I should have backed up my database (That I installed through godaddy’s website) – I have no idea how to do this – and that I will need to go into each and every one of my pages and remove the malware code. Again, not something I know how to do.

I asked if godaddy could simply restore the database file since they claim on their website – they backup all of their servers– I was then told the database file does not exist on their servers, the file exist on a third party server – and I would have to pay $150.00 to get it restored.

Now – this does not look right. There are many people who have been affected by this who are loyal godaddy members now having to fork out extra money because they made the mistake of using godaddy promoted items, not to mention the 10 days (And still counting) of having no web business. Nowhere on your website does it say – use these applications, but if anything happens, we are not going to help you. Because that’s basically what just happened, and now godaddy is going to make a $ mint $ off of all of us who do not know how to fix it on our own or who have a programmer friend.

This does not look right.

I have asked a number of godaddy personnel to wave this fee and simply make it right – restore my database – it is that simple.

Otherwise, I am going to assume this is fraudulent behavior on godaddy’s part and this company is taking advantage of the very people who made it and sustain it. And I will make sure this is known.

4 Responses
          • Ab
            Abalone Dec 27, 2010

Hi C.N.! wolf in a sheepskin...

Let him be GLAD and MASK YOUR WEBCAM EYE !!!

C.N. May 20, 2010

You are very kind, but I just got off the phone with the president's office at godaddy and they have immediately restored the website to its fullest at no further cost to me stating that my issue was different than the other security issue (mainly wordpress) even though I was very specific about the issue - and they were sorry for my inconvenience and they will be launching another investigation into their personnel. the url is www.seaangelscruise.com. I have installed the new "security patch" as they instructed and am told it should not longer be a problem.

C.N. May 20, 2010

Joomla site they installed for me. Oh that's the beauty, the website was immediately shut down (for the safety of . . . others) - we were not allowed to access any files and to cooporate with their investigation. All affected parties had to do this.

10 days later, it turns out they were not investigating to see how to help people, they were investigating files to ensure their ability to absolve themselves legally from the situation. So for 10 days I lost business and stayed loyal as a customer to then be told it was my fault and not their responsibility. 10 days ago I could have moved my stuff over to ipage.

But it doesn't matter, I faxed my letter off to every executive in the company and magically the president's office just called to see what could be done "immediately".

Ridiculous.

C.N. May 20, 2010

Yeah, I don't run and maintain websites. I followed godaddy's instructions to be able to do my own website using an application they recommended and installed for me. You are speaking a language I don't even understand. Not only was it never mentioned I should back up my database file, whatever that means and however it is done, it was also not mentioned it was my responsibility to delete an install file that was installed by the company.

Glad you know to do all of those things, but you are a minority - and chances are, you don't use godaddy because you don't need them.

I don't agree godaddy should promote things they have no control over, without being completely honest about that obvious fact, it is misleading, and they are utilizing those applications to attract a kind of user they would not normally attract (the user that has no idea how to fix a website database problem or make their own site) it's called cornering a market, and when something goes wrong, this group of customer is at the mercy of the company because they say "it is your fault" - and secondly I don't agree that when people use their heavily promoted applications that we should have to pay double the price to get something fixed should something go haywire. It does not cost $150 to restore a database file, I at least know that.

This is not something I went and installed on my own, this is something I did through godaddy with godaddy's name all over it, if they want to benefit from the financial increase the application brings in - they need to take some responsibility when it fails.

GoDaddyavoid!!! worse hosting service in the country

GoDaddy has the worse reputation in the industry for domain and hosting services. No matter who I talk to, they view GoDaddy is poor service, mediocre hosting quality, and is quite the scammer with payments. GoDaddy will keep any payment information on file and harvest the information to collect money from you for renewals or orders you have never authorized. They keep charging and charging endlessly whether you approved for it or not and they will automatically go through any payment method you have ever used and charge on that even if it is not related to the purchase of the product in question. With GoDaddy the customer is simply never right. They will never provide refunds and argue endlessly to justify any charges they do. Customer support is so bad it's a joke. At best you get a response back that has no relation to the question you ask. And they go on and on like that so you get nowhere with them.

What the company does is no different than the old AOL guerilla tactics, where a subscription became impossible to cancel. Customers could try even for 1-2 years to cancel their service with AOL and they would simply not do it. GoDaddy is like this. For this reason I don't use this scam company anymore. In addition, a friend of mine who is a web developer had so many problems with GoDaddy he gets nautiated if the name is mentioned. He has canceled hundreds (yes, HUNDREDS) of domains and hosting accounts with GoDaddy and transferred them to another service for the same reasons and experiences I had.

I've tried other hosting companies since, and never once had the bad experiences I had with GoDaddy. GoDaddy is by far the WORSE domain and hosting provider out there and truly on the bottom rung of scammers.

DON'T WASTE TIME AND MONEY ON GODADDY UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR CREDIT CARD TO BE MISUSED!!! YOU WILL NEVER GET ANY SUPPORT OR CUSTOMER RIGHTS IF YOU BUY FROM GODADDY.

• Dc
              DCX000 May 09, 2010

GoDaddy has a long standing reputation as a poor hosting company. I have used the as a domain registrar for years and they do okay in this department. Search around in webmaster forums to quickly discover they have very poor reviews for hosting though. I can't imagine why anyone would pay for them hosting after doing just a few minutes of searching for reviews. Actually, I know why... They package hosting with a hundred other services you don't need during the checkout process and people think, hey, why not just get my hosting done here too. Don't do it. You will have problem after problem if you want to build a site with any demand for features and performance.

Go Daddy.com, Inc.poor service

On November 14, 2009, I purchased two (2) domain names from Go Daddy.com after discussing with them that I wanted the 2nd domain name to forward to the first. They stated that could be done when I start building my website.

On February 16, 2010, I purchased the Quick Shopping Cart web development package from Go Daddy to get my site and project started.

I found the section in which I could have my 2nd domain name forward to my first. According to Go Daddy, I selected their default domain name of which there was no option, pull down menu nor could I type it in to select this option. I reminded them that the 2nd domain name is an acronym for the 1st for the purpose of making it easier for customers to find my site. I reminded them that there would be no reason to select or use their default domain name.

The week I began testing my site, I found that my 2nd domain name forwarded to a Go Daddy Sponsored advertising page. I called tech support service and they assured me that the problem was fixed. Later when I would check this, I would get the same Go Daddy Sponsor page. This happened at least 4 times even to the extent of arguing with raised voices. I told them that my advertising starts this weekend and I need this fixed permanently before I spend money promoting the 2nd domain name in my radio ads. I called them Friday Night before midnight as well since I had weekend overnight commercials scheduled. The tech support person said it was working properly and I had nothing to worry about.

On-line on Monday morning, I typed in my 2 domain name and it took me to the same Go Daddy Sponsored page. All weekend, all of my customers went to the same Go Daddy Sponsored page. I had no sales.

I called tech support. The tech told me that there was a problem when opening my account and that there was an additional line added to my forwarding request. He was obviously the first tech that actually opened my account to provide assistance, but the weekend was over and all of my advertising dollars had gone to the Go Daddy Sponsored advertising page.

Later, it was explained that the reason that I was getting the same error page was that the wrong page was on my server and it had to recognize the correct address. It was explained that once the address is on a server, it speeds searching by recognizing a previous search. Further, it was explained that once it was an error on the server, everyone using that server would get the same error.

I told them this was unsatisfactory. I told them that I called numerous times and was told it was working properly (feels as though it may have been intentional). I told them that all radio station ads promoted that web address and everyone was forwarded to the Go Daddy advertising page. I paid for their advertising. I demanded that they reimburse me the $342.00 I spent.

Godaddy.comdomain sales fraud

GoDaddy sells already registered domains in their crafty auction system which provides purchasers with FALSE Page Ranking information on the domain individuals purchase.

Page Rank is THE important factor in the valuation and "worth' of a given domain name. You buy a domain based on it's "supposed" Page Rank of 5, which both GoDaddy and their slick 3rd party inform you, when in reality it's only a Page Rank of 0... which devalues that domain 90% in most instances.

GoDaddy is making hundreds of thousands dollars in selling these domains that are worth only 10% of what they're selling for based on the FRAUDLENT Page Ranking information and verification tools Go Daddy is providing the unsuspecting public... like myself being victimized and then refused a refund when confronting them.

• Ti
                  tintstones Jan 05, 2013

This is a Domain www.allindianetgroup.net. Which is used to Cheat the users for Money. This company is not yet registered with any government authorities.
                  They sending Many SMS to Public mobile numbers with fake business marketing.
                  Kindly Block the website and their cell phone number as quick as possible.

Mail address

Godaddy Domain Auctions — fraudulent domain sales

GoDaddy sells already registered domains in their crafty domain auction system which provides purchasers with...

Go Daddyauto renewal

Go Daddy automatically debited my bank account for a domain renewal. I called them and told them I did not want to renew and they said that I didn't request a refund within 5 days so it was too late to get my money back. I don't want these domains and am very steamed!

I had no idea that they would be renewing my domains automatically, but they said there was a "automatic renewal" default button on their webpage that authorized them to debit me. Does this sound ethical to you? I would think a 30 day cancellation policy would be a lot more fair.

• Bm
                    BMIX Mar 25, 2010

Unfortunately they are protected by their fine print which are the Terms and Conditions. ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT.

GoDaddyemail bounceback failure scam

GoDaddy runs a scam whereby they will charge your credit card illegally. The first email from them below says that your whois information appears to be incorrect, so please correct it immediately, and we have charged you a non-refundable administrative fees.

When you contact them, they will say that the email bounceback failed, thus they concluded that your whois information is not current, but they have now fixed the status, but cannot refund the administrative fees. See the second email below.

AVOID GoDaddy.com for any domain registration.

They send the following email first:
                  -----Original Message-----

===========================================================
                  CONTACT INFORMATION INQUIRY
                  ===========================================================

Dear REGISTERED USER,

We recently received an inquiry concerning a domain name registered to one of your customers: YOURDOMAINNAME.COM.

The specific inquiry can be described as follows:

We have received a third party complaint on this domain; domain appears to have invalid Whois information.

In accordance with our registration agreement, https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/legal_agreements/domain_registration_GD.asp?prog_id=GoDaddy&isc=gdbb998, we have charged your credit card an administrative fee of $17.12.

Please take this opportunity to encourage your customers to log in to their accounts to review and update the status of their domain names.

If you have any questions concerning the above, please contact our customer service center at [protected].

Thank you for your continued business,
                  GoDaddy.com, Inc.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  Copyright 2010 GoDaddy.com, Inc.. All rights reserved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, February XX, 2010 XX:XX PM
                  To: YOURNAME & CONTACT
                  Subject: RE: YOURNAME & CONTACT.COM re: Invalid Whois informati on – HOLD REMOVED, #XXXX

Dear YOURNAME & CONTACT,

The Whois information was invalid. For example, we received numerous bounceback failure notices for the email addresses listed. Administrative fees for invalid whois information are non-refundable.

Tracking ID:XXXX

-------- Original Message --------
                  Subject: RE: YOURNAME & CONTACT.COM re: Invalid Whois informati on – HOLD
                  REMOVED, #XXXXX
                  From: YOURNAME & CONTACT
                  Date: Wed, February XX, 2010 X:XX pm
                  To: Domain Services <[protected]@secureserver.net>

I ASKED ONE MORE TIME TO REVERSE THE CHARGES.

Please confirm.

Regards,

Sent: Wednesday, February XX, 2010 X:XX PM
                  To: YOURNAME & CONTACT
                  Subject: YOURNAME & CONTACT.COM re: Invalid Whois information – HOLD REMOVED, #XXXXXX

Dear YOURNAME & CONTACT,

Thank you for updating the domain contact information. The hold has been removed from the domain YOURNAME & CONTACT.COM. If your website was down during this process, it will be restored within the next few hours.

Tracking ID:XXXXX

-------- Original Message --------
                  Subject: RE: 2nd notice YOURNAME & CONTACT.COM re: Invalid Whois information
                  ACTION REQUIRED, Tracking# XXXXX
                  From: YOURNAME & CONTACT
                  Date: Wed, February XX, 2010 X:XX pm
                  To: Domain Services <[protected]@secureserver.net>
                  Dear Godaddy Representative,

MY EMAIL TO THEM ASKING TO REVERT THE CHARGES AS THE WHOIS INFORMATION IS CORRECT.

Thanks,

Sent: Wednesday, February XX, 2010 X:XX PM
                  To: YOURNAME & CONTACT
                  Subject: 2nd notice YOURNAME & CONTACT.COM re: Invalid Whois information ACTION REQUIRED, Tracking# XXXXX

Dear YOURNAME & CONTACT,

Please consider this message as official notification that the contact information provided for the domain name registration for YOURNAME & CONTACT.COM appears to be invalid, or incomplete. Please update the information within 5 business days as per Section 3 of the Registration Agreement, which you agreed to at the time you registered your domain name. For your convenience, we have attached a copy of the current contact information listed for your domain name. If the update has not been accomplished within 5 business days, this can be grounds for cancellation of your domain name registration as per Section 6 of the Registration Agreement. Please respond to this email to confirm the changes have been made. Thank you for your cooperation.

GoDaddy.com, Inc.

The relevant sections of the Registration Agreement are set forth below for your convenience.

3. up to date information; use of information and expiration You agree to notify GoDaddy within five (5) business days when any of the information You provided as part of the application and/or registration process changes. It is Your responsibility to keep this information in a current and accurate status. Failure by You, for whatever reason, to provide Go Daddy with accurate and reliable information on an initial and continual basis, shall be considered to be a material breach of this agreement. Failure by You, for whatever reason, to respond within five (5) business days to any inquiries made by Go Daddy to determine the validity of information provided by You, shall also be considered to be a material breach of this agreement. You agree to retain a copy for Your record of the receipt for purchase of Your domain name.
                  You agree that for each domain name registered by You the following information will be made publicly available in the Whois directory as determined by ICANN Policy and may be sold in bulk as set forth in the ICANN agreement:
                  ~The domain name
                  ~Your name and postal address
                  ~The email address, postal address, voice and fax numbers for technical and administrative contacts
                  ~The Internet protocol numbers for the primary and secondary name servers
                  ~The corresponding names of the name servers
                  ~The original date of registration and expiration date
                  You agree that, to the extent permitted by ICANN, Go Daddy may make use of the publicly available information You provided during the registration process. If You engage in the reselling of domain names You agree to provide any individuals whose personal information You've obtained, information about the possible uses of their personal information pursuant to ICANN policy. You also agree to obtain consent, and evidence of consent, from those individuals for such use of the personal information they provide.
                  6. suspension of services; breach of agreement You agree that, in addition to other events set forth in this agreement, Your ability to use any of the services provided by Go Daddy is subject to cancellation or suspension in the event there is an unresolved breach of this agreement and/or suspension or cancellation is required by any policy now in effect or adopted later by ICANN.
                  You agree that Your failure to comply completely with the terms and conditions of this agreement and any Go Daddy rule or policy may be considered by Go Daddy to be a material breach of this agreement and that Go Daddy may provide You with notice of such breach either in writing or electronically (i.e. email). In the event You do not provide Go Daddy with material evidence that You have not breached Your obligations to Go Daddy within ten (10) business days, Go Daddy may terminate its relationship with You and take any remedial action available to Go Daddy under the applicable laws. Such remedial action may be implemented without notice to You and may include, but is not limited to, canceling the registration of any of Your domain names and discontinuing any services provided by Go Daddy to You. No fees will be refunded to You should Your agreement be cancelled or services be discontinued because of a breach.
                  Go Daddy's failure to act upon or notify You of any event, which may constitute a breach, shall not relieve You from or excuse You of the fact that You have committed a breach.

Registrant:
                  YOURNAME & CONTACTs

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Administrative Contact:

Technical Contact:
                  YOURNAME & CONTACT

Domain servers in listed order:
                  YOURNAME.COM
                  YOURNAME.COM

Tracking ID:XXXXXX

• Ir
                      irenaus mohammed May 01, 2012

opportunities failure messages notices in correct address attached to [email protected] cancel all ways be trough not allows to block by Internets cafes fraudsters i, do work herring used disturbs mine programs

ben.landser May 09, 2010

GoDaddy has the worse reputation in the industry for domain and hosting services. No matter who I talk to, they view GoDaddy as the scammer of scammers. They have terribly poor service, at best mediocre hosting quality, but the biggest scams are how they deal with payments. GoDaddy will keep any payment information on file and harvest the information to collect money from you for renewals or orders you have never authorized. They keep charging and charging endlessly whether you approved for it or not and they will automatically go through any payment method you have ever used and charge on that even if it is not related to the purchase of the product in question. You can never remove your payment information on the account, they have blocked that option, which means there is no way of avoiding from the company misusing it.

Godaddy.com — billing fraud

Godaddy.com billing fraud and questionable business practices. I got billed for renewal of Godaddy.com...

Godaddy.comunauthrozed use of billing

We signed up for a dotcom along with a hosting package. We opted for the MANUAL renewal.
                    They sent emails notifying us that our domain was about to expire, we decided to let ours expire.
                    Then we noticed a $60. Dollar charge on our credit card from them.
                    After calling and waiting forever for someone live to help clear this...here's what this scam run company rep said:
                    I told him we chose manual renewal, he said "yes" but that we didn't on the hosting package. I said as far as I knew because I filled out all the info from their site at THE SAME TIME and opted for manual that it applied to all that, he gleefully said no, that the hosting was separate.
                    I then asked how they could charge for a hosting package without a customer actually having a dotcom...to host///DUH!!!his answer was that some customers have their dotcoms parked elsewhere but in fact host through them...WHATEVER.
                    I then demanded my $$$ be credited back as I have no domain to host and would consult my attorney... He then gleefully said ok, but because their billing cycle is on the 15th I would only be able to get back $54.!!!
                    These people are crooks pure and simple.
                    How the hell can anyone not see the ridiculous FRAUD being committed here?
                    Is ANYONE going after them for this type of abuse? I'm interested in joining/forming a class action against this company!!!
                    Its pretty obvious they have discovered a loop-hole in order to ### people over. Lets go after these Fraudsters!!!
                    I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AND WILL DO MY PART TO DISCREDIT THEIR OVERT/COVERT DISREGARD FOR THE LAW!!!

• Tw
                        TwentyTwee Oct 19, 2010

I want to go after them as well. They have done the same thing to me and I know I clicked manual renewal. They are serious thieves!!!
                        I want want to learn how we can file a class action suit and join anyone doing so. How can we organize?

Bedlam Dec 29, 2009

I had very similar billing problems with Godaddy.com (29 december 2009)

I got billed for renewal of Godaddy.com hosting for two years. I had few problems with my bill.
                        1. I had chosen manual billing before the actual billing date and removed my creditcard information, which had expired anyway, from their database.
                        2. My creditcard information (before removing it) had expired 07/09. They shound not have been able to bill me, as they stated themselves on a several earlier e-mails: "IMPORTANT: If the credit card we have on file for you has expired or been closed, we will not be able to automatically renew your product(s)"
                        3. Even the ammount of the bill was incorrect. information under my automatic renewal, which I had checked two days earlier, indicated much lower price than what I was billed.

...So they billed me even though they shoudn't have. They billed me even though they shoudn't have been even able to. And they billed me for a much higher ammount than my automatic renewal originally indicated...

I complained to them about the incorrect bill and got a detailed instructions how to get a refund. I was told that this was the only way too get a refund on the incorrect billing. Following these detailed instructions led me to delete my whole hosting account, including the incorrect 2 year renewal and my other later manual renewal. I basically lost all data on my site (last back-up 2007). After I had just realised what I had done, following their detailed instruction, I called them and they told me that they can get my data back for 150 dollar fee... I was less than happy.

I would be very interest about a class action lawsuit against Godaddy.com.

GoDaddybandwidth billing

Recently received a failed billing attempt from godaddy for us$3, 400. The invoice states downloads of almost 5tb of data over the first two months of use. This seems very large and very strange and I said as much to godaddy support. They indicated that the downloads were consistent across the billing period and I would have to pay the bill to get current.

My own investigation of the site logs showed that 98.9% of the pro-ported downloads occurred on a single day (23rd of november 2009) and were “completed” by a single pc on a bigpond cpe connection (124.186.121.210). Log file attached. Logic says this is impossible, just do the math. 5tb of data in 1 day is 208gb per hour. That is a dvd a minute and about 60mb per second. A 100mbps link will do about 12mb per second theoretical. The bigpond connection is a regular dslii link and not capable of that speed. I checked.

Another 90 minute call to godaddy support including a frustrating session with a supervisor failed to get any better response than – “the usage is spread out over the month”, “someone is abusing your site”, “your responsible” and “I have gone to bat for you – please pay $1600′. The first statement is a fabrication at best – see log report.

When I pointed out that the unlimited plan is 14.95 and perhaps they should just charge me the difference between the “ultimate” plan and the unlimited plan (About $7) they told me I used the bandwidth and would have to pay for it. I suggested that if I used the bandwidth they would be able to provide router logs to show this but was told the webserver logs were sufficient. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that the supervisor was the last resort and he had done what he could.

Well….. $1600 is a lot to pay for something that is clearly impossible so I decided to test the system.

I screen cam’d myself using wget on the files shown in the log. The files “downloaded” are aprox 3.5gb in size.
                      Wget started and appeared to complete each download in about a second.
                      But 1 only received about 1k of data per attempt – see quicktime video and windows media video.

Interestingly the ex20091212000001-97.74.24.136. Log from the godaddy webserver suggest that the entire file was downloaded each time. Sometimes in less than a second:

118.208.15.23 – - [11/dec/2009:23:17:16 -0700] “get tasteshare.com/files/mv102. Iso http/1.0′ 200 [protected] “-” “wget/1.8.2′
                      118.208.15.23 – - [11/dec/2009:23:17:26 -0700] “get tasteshare.com/files/mv102. Iso http/1.0′ 200 [protected] “-” “wget/1.8.2′
                      118.208.15.23 – - [11/dec/2009:23:17:27 -0700] “get tasteshare.com/files/mv102. Iso http/1.0′ 200 [protected] “-” “wget/1.8.2′
                      118.208.15.23 – - [11/dec/2009:23:17:29 -0700] “get tasteshare.com/files/mv102. Iso http/1.0′ 200 [protected] “-” “wget/1.8.2′
                      118.208.15.23 – - [11/dec/2009:23:17:31 -0700] “get tasteshare.com/files/mv102. Iso http/1.0′ 200 [protected] “-” “wget/1.8.2′
                      118.208.15.23 – - [11/dec/2009:23:17:32 -0700] “get tasteshare.com/files/mv102. Iso http/1.0′ 200 [protected] “-” “wget/1.8.2′
                      118.208.15.23 – - [11/dec/2009:23:17:46 -0700] “get tasteshare.com/files/mv102. Iso http/1.0′ 200 [protected] “-” “wget/1.8.2′
                      118.208.15.23 – - [11/dec/2009:23:17:48 -0700] “get tasteshare.com/files/mv102. Iso http/1.0′ 200 [protected] “-” “wget/1.8.2′
                      118.208.15.23 – - [11/dec/2009:23:17:50 -0700] “get tasteshare.com/files/mv102. Iso http/1.0′ 200 [protected] “-” “wget/1.8.2′
                      118.208.15.23 – - [11/dec/2009:23:17:51 -0700] “get tasteshare.com/files/mv102. Iso http/1.0′ 200 [protected] “-” “wget/1.8.2′
                      118.208.15.23 – - [11/dec/2009:23:17:53 -0700] “get tasteshare.com/files/mv102. Iso http/1.0′ 200 [protected] “-” “wget/1.8.2′

Godaddy servers provided me 1kb of data but are charging me for 3.5gb per attempt.

5tb of data is a lot to download in a day. Not so much when it’s imaginary.

The net net – godaddy use weblogs for billing and the weblogs do not accurately report data actually transferred only data requested.

4 Responses
                          ben.landser May 09, 2010

This company will never do right for you. Be careful: in the recession they have increased their guerilla tactics to keep squeezing money out of people by any unlawful means they can.

• Co
                          cool263 Jan 28, 2010

I'm going through the exact same problem right now with them. What our Plesk Admin tool says we've used in bandwidth (5.59GB) is not even close to what the account admin panel (1006GB) on the GoDaddy site says. What makes this even worst is that the site has only been up for a little over a week! I've tried asking GoDaddy to explain why there's a huge difference and they can't or won't.

• Aw
                          awolfend Dec 17, 2009

GoDaddy support today confirmed an issue and are working to resolve it.
                          They have cancelled overage charges and we have agreed to go to an unlimited plan to avoid issues in future.
                          It took a little longer than I hoped but I am happy with the response and the resolution

• Aw
                          awolfend Dec 16, 2009

Today I received a communication from the office of the president. The text is included below. This is hopefully a very good sign.

"Dear Mr. Wolfenden

Thank you for contacting the Office of the President. We apologize for any difficulties or inconveniences that you may have experienced. We were able to identify an account corresponding to this matter and are able to verify that our hosting operations team is actively investigating the issue with the information that you have provided. Once this review has been completed our office will reach out to to discuss this issue with you in more depth.

Sincerest regards,
                          ..."

Godaddy.com — website down again

I finally had enough and moved both my websites to another company. It's bad enough my Godaddy hosted...

Godaddy.com — default auto-renewal

Over the past several years, I purchased a number of domain names from GoDaddy.com but always let them expire...

Godaddy.comgodaddy hosting fraudulent websites

In November of 2008 I purchased a new vehicle and then began searching for cheap full coverage insurance. After some intense googling I found several references to www.landainsurance.com and checked out their rates. Although it seemed to good to be true, I purchased a policy for $499 using a credit card, incase it was indeed fraud, so I would have protections such as initiating a chargeback.

Upon recieving the insurance cards I was immediately suspicous as they looked like a product a 6 year old would have created in MS Word. Landa Insurance claimed to be underwritten (or selling policies of) another company which I then contacted. After some extensive research and talking with the legal department of that insurance agency I found out the following:

1) Landa Insurace or their agent (alias, I'm sure) Bob Warren are not authorized agents of their company
                        2) The insurance agency does not sell ANY automobile policies, only medical insurance
                        3) The policy number I was given matched a medicare suppliment of an elderly lady in Iowa.

I was given a letter by their lead attorney verifying this.

Upon further investigation on my own I discovered the following:

1) The address used by Landa Insurance is an apartment complex in Dallas Texas
                        2) The phone number for Landa Insurance is a Cellular phone number
                        3) Landa Insurance is not listed on the Texas Department of insurance directory of authorized insurance agents

After these discoveries I initiated a chargeback on my credit card and filed a legal complaint with the Texas Department of Insurance law enforcement division. I recieved documentation from them that the company is fraudulent and the complaint has been forwarded for disciplinary action.

After recieving my refund I began a complaint with Godaddy.com for the removal of the domain. I provided all the evidence above in it's original form (formal letters on letter heads, not just email complaints), and requested that Godaddy.com remove the website in accordance with the requirements for DUE CARE (required by ICANN).

To date godaddy has refused to look into the complaint and has only stated via automated reply that they do not look into complaints that do not come from law enforcement. I've since recieved notification from the Texas Department of Insurance that they too have contacted godaddy to make the same request, but the domain remains.

To date go daddy is knowlingly hosting a fraudulent website.

• Fr
                            fred Feb 13, 2010

GODADDY also host many of the scam locksmith sites. They are believed to be Israeli organized crime outfits. Nation wide locksmith scam outfits.

GoDaddybandwidth overcharge

I was a customer to godaddy ever since 2007, I had a virtual dedicated server for $40 a month 500G bandwith limit that I barely used it. The traffic on the server was 1 to 5 G average per month. But suddenly in a couple of days that traffic went up to 800G, so my invoice went from $40 to $500 for that month. They charged me $40 for the 500G and $450 for the aditional 300G and for some traffic that I didn't used. After a couple of weeks trying to resolve this issue, 4 phone calls and many many mails, godaddys conclusion was... you used it, you pay it. I requested for a detailed report of that traffic and the answer was 500G IN 300 OUT.

Please please stay away from godaddy

3 Responses
                            • Ve
                              Veronica777 Sep 06, 2011

Godaddy has overcharged me also. I registered per their advertisement both in the search ad and on their site. I took screen shots of the ads both before and after clearing the cache and both showed that they were running a discounted price for domain registration. However, when I got to the checkout screen the discount was not reflected in the final price.

I registered anyway because I figured they were a reputable company and would refund the difference since the error was on their end. They have not refunded anything and are now issuing all types of excuses. You can not trust this company, beware. Even though they requested a screen shot of the Google ad, a shot of the advertisement on their website with the terms window open, they will not honor the terms which clearly validate my claim.

• Co
                              cool263 Jan 28, 2010

KAPpm - you're an idiot

• Ka
                              KAPpm Jun 18, 2009

Sounds like you did you it so you should pay for it, next time think twice about what you put on your server and use bandwidth protection. Any host that your with will charge you for overage, possibly you have just started getting better SEO placement, instead of complaining you should take advantage of the increased traffic and do something with your site. If your not interested or not capable sell your site, all you need to show is a traffic report and there will be a flock of businesses that would love that type of marketing for themselves. Supriseingly GoDaddy sends me tons of messages letting me know I am even coming close for my bandwidth so start paying attention to your emails buddy...:mmm Good Night

Godaddy Dedicated Serverunable to restore server

I want to say that GODaddy Dedicated Server Service really screw up our business and not offering any apologizes in return. GoDaddy did not provide any way or advice for us how to restore the whole system. GoDaddy support is very slow and terrible and does not provide any advice.

GoDaddy backups/restore procedure is misleading as they actually do not provide one. GoDaddy has asked us to re-install all programs and configure all again manually. This is not a professional way to do backup. We had account with other companies like HostMySite and they are able to restore the system for us in few hours.

There are programs installed, fine tuning for several days, patches applied, configurations etc. We do not even have all installation programs or know the order in which it was applied.

After few weeks the sites are still not operational and GoDaddy did not provide any advice or way to restore the system.

We lost months of data and development...

Respond

GoDaddy — fraud, conversion, etc..

Hello, I am the pro se litigant in a Federal Law Suit against Defendants that include The Go Daddy Group...