Menu
DigitalOcean Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

DigitalOcean
reviews and complaints

www.digitalocean.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 19 Reviews

How responsive is DigitalOcean's customer service?

0 Resolved
14 Unresolved
Absolutely frustrating 🫠
It's quite possible that DigitalOcean is not aware of the complaints or rarely monitors their existence because we find it hard to believe they don't care about their customers. We advise reviewers to be very careful and have a backup plan if their issue isn't addressed. Check out other unresolved complaints on ComplaintsBoard to avoid problems caused by DigitalOcean's silence.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for DigitalOcean has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

DigitalOcean developers reviews and complaints 19

Filter reviews by rating
1 review
4 reviews
Sort by:

Newest DigitalOcean reviews and complaints

E
12:00 am EDT

DigitalOcean Empowering Your Business with DigitalOcean: A Reliable Cloud Partner

Are you seeking a cloud infrastructure partner that understands the needs of your growing business? Look no further than DigitalOcean. While some reviews may highlight challenges, the majority of customers appreciate the seamless experience and quick support provided by DigitalOcean. With a focus on simplicity, affordability, and flexibility, DigitalOcean stands out as a top choice for individual developers, startups, and SMEs. Their commitment to customer satisfaction is evident in the positive experiences shared by many users. Trust DigitalOcean to empower your business with reliable cloud solutions and exceptional support.

12:43 am EST

DigitalOcean Digital ocean theft

We had an account with Digital Ocean which we closed in may this year. We notified them and closed our developer account. Yet monthly we kept getting charged. But because our developer account is closed, we cannot go onto the dashboard and closed the account. And no matter how much we try to close the account, we cannot. Then we get hold of the following Customer Advocates: Jesus Silva and Murtaza and Daniel and they request my passport and a photo of me holding my passport which I send. They said they would close the account and then come back with the attached email. BUT no password reset email comes AND why are they not refunding after 6 months of fighting.

They are a completely fraudulent company - see these issues on other platforms:

Trustpliot etc etc

J
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DigitalOcean Getting SMS SPAM that uses one of their servers to complete the illegal messages

Getting SMS SPAM that uses one of their servers to complete the illegal messages. Reached out and haven't heard what action, if any, this company will take.

Review:
I've been receiving SMS SPAM from one of their servers, which is being used to send illegal messages. I contacted them, but I haven't heard back about what action, if any, this company will take.

Is DigitalOcean legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals DigitalOcean as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, DigitalOcean stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering DigitalOcean should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

DigitalOcean earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: DigitalOcean achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for DigitalOcean. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

DigitalOcean has received positive review on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

A long registered date for digitalocean.com can be seen as a positive aspect for DigitalOcean as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of DigitalOcean's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Digitalocean.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Digitalocean.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

A trust mark has been identified for a digitalocean.com, but it is important to verify the trust mark and its source to ensure that it is legitimate. Ensure that the trust mark is genuine by clicking on it and verifying its authenticity through the issuing organization's website.

Several positive reviews for DigitalOcean have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up DigitalOcean and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Digitalocean.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While DigitalOcean has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 14 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  1. Pros
    1. User-friendly cloud platform
    2. Competitive pricing models
    3. Robust scalability options
    4. Extensive developer resources
    5. Reliable uptime performance
  1. Cons
    1. Limited enterprise features compared to AWS/Azure.
    2. Smaller global data center footprint.
    3. Less extensive service catalog than competitors.
    4. No native support for Windows Server hosting.
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DigitalOcean I stopped using them many years ago, and I still see reoccurring charges

I stopped using them many years ago, and I still see reoccurring charges. I try to delete the account, it won't let me because they say that I need to remove services, yet I am not using any service. You should never put your credit card info on the hands of this company, they are untrustworthy.

DigitalOcean I'm getting way too much spam from DigitalOcean's servers

I'm getting way too much spam from DigitalOcean's servers. It's like the more I complain, the more spam I receive. The most recent spam is promoting *** and similar stuff, and it's coming from their IP addresses. They don't seem to care (no responses from emails sent to abuse and noc email addresses). Actually, it seems like they even encourage this kind of activity (spam increases when I complain).

J

DigitalOcean I used DO for many years without any problems

I used DO for many years without any problems. Then I switched to another provider (***) and deleted my DO server/droplet. Years later, they added a new feature that I wanted to try, so I logged back into my account but couldn't because it was locked. I contacted their support, and they reviewed my account and unlocked it. However, they wouldn't tell me why it was locked, even though I asked multiple times. They said that information is private, so I had no guarantee that the same thing wouldn't happen if I moved my sites back to them. All they said was that it was flagged as a mistake. That's not good enough if they want people to do business with them.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DigitalOcean After I signed up with Digital Ocean, my account got locked right after I confirmed the payment method

After I signed up with Digital Ocean, my account got locked right after I confirmed the payment method.

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DigitalOcean I got charged by this company after a data breach in their system

I got charged by this company after a data breach in their system. I never used it before.

B

DigitalOcean I got a $10 charge from ur company that nobody in my house made

I got a $10 charge from ur company that nobody in my house made. It's a brand new credit card that we never used before. Can u give me a phone number or email to figure out where this fake charge came from?

C
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DigitalOcean I've been gettin' charged every month since June by your company

I've been gettin' charged every month since June by your company. I called the number they gave, but all I got was some weird Google voice message. Right now, I'm still seein' a $10 charge every month from *** on my credit card. Honestly, I don't even know who you guys are or what you do.

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DigitalOcean This company hosts servers for the public to buy

This company hosts servers for the public to buy. I've had many times this company's server carry out attacks against my network. I've wrote to this company twice now with no response. I'm filling a complaint as they're unable to help and it's getting quite annoying that they're always the one behind the attacks.

T

DigitalOcean I noticed two charges from Digital Ocean on my Amex ****

I noticed two charges from Digital Ocean on my Amex ***. One was for $4.80 on March 1, and the other was for $50 on March 29. I reached out to Digitalocean, and they admitted that these charges were made from an account with an email address that I don't recognize. Instead of refunding the charges, they let the fraudulent user keep their account. They instructed me to go to *** to contest the charge. Currently, they are battling Amex to retain these charges.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DigitalOcean This company keeps takin' money from my bank account every month

This company keeps takin' money from my bank account every month. I ain't never heard of Digital Ocean before. I tried lookin' 'em up, but I still don't get what they do or why I'd ever wanna make an account with 'em. So I sent an email to their customer support, and right away they're askin' for all my personal info, like the last 4 digits of my debit card, when it expires, what type of card it is, and all that jazz. Well, I ain't givin' 'em any of that! It's a total scam, I tell ya.

O
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DigitalOcean DigitalOcean LLC is appearing on my recent debit card statement, which I just opened in March 2022

DigitalOcean LLC is appearing on my recent debit card statement, which I just opened in March 2022. There are several expenses listed, such as "Digital Clean SFGUSA OPERATING CHECKING" for $5.00 on 07/05/2022, "Digital Clean RECURRING ATM DEBIT - DDASFGUSA OPERATING CHECKING" for $6.00 on 08/02/2022, "*** RECURRING ATM DEBIT - DDA SFGUSA OPERATING CHECKING" for $5.50 on 08/02/2022, "Digital Clean DIGITALOCEAN.COM DIGITALOCEAN. *** C#***SFGUSA OPERATING CHECKING" for $6.00 on 09/02/2022, and "Server PilotSERVERPILOT.IO HTTPSSERVERPI WA C#***SFGUSA OPERATING CHECKING" for $5.50 on 09/02/2022. I suspect this could be fraudulent activity and it might be happening to many others as well.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DigitalOcean Last week, Thursday, I moved my domain from Afrihost (Previous ISP) to DigitalOcean

Last week, Thursday, I moved my domain from Afrihost (Previous ISP) to DigitalOcean. The previous ISP didn't bother to inform me that if I wanted all my current services, like email, to work properly, I should add A records to the DNS pointing to their server. I had to figure that out on my own for the critical services, but I forgot to add the *** A record pointing to Afrihost for my email. Now, I can't receive any email, and the email I use for verification on DigitalOcean doesn't work. So, I tried creating support requests, but they only got answered after days, and even then, they weren't helpful. It's been 5 days since I got locked out of my account, and I'm not getting any response from the support team. I really need this issue resolved as soon as possible because it's affecting my ability to work and hurting my business. The email account is ***.

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DigitalOcean I signed up for a trial offer that promised $100 in free credit for the first 90 days

I signed up for a trial offer that promised $100 in free credit for the first 90 days. However, I never received that credit and ended up being charged for my usage. To avoid further charges, I decided to remove all my instances and attempted to contact customer service. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive a response. Now, I've been charged for a service that I don't recognize and haven't used at all this month. It's important to note that DigitalOcean operates on a pay-as-you-go basis, not a subscription service. My credit card company advised me to reach out to DigitalOcean to resolve the issue, but the customer support line they provided doesn't seem to be working, and their online support hasn't been helpful either. I have no means of contacting them to stop the charges, despite not using their service. While the amount of money involved is small (less than $30), the recurring nature of the payments makes it crucial for me to put an end to this.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DigitalOcean I got a small tutoring biz

I got a small tutoring biz. On September *** I made an account to set up, test, and use a server for online tutoring sessions and classes. But oh no, on Wednesday, December *, when I logged in to get ready for the day's classes, I found out that DigitalOcean locked my server and account. No explanation, just like that. They asked for ID to verify stuff, and I gave it to them. But then they told me my account is permanently locked for abuse. That's a big accusation! And it's messed up 'cause my biz got hurt. I put time and money into setting up the server, and now I gotta reschedule classes all inconvenient-like. The weird thing is, they didn't lock the billing section of my account. So I want them to look into this and give me a straight answer about why they did it.

Z
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DigitalOcean On 18 Jan 2022, I emailed DigitalOcean about some issues with their customers breakin' the rules

On 18 Jan 2022, I emailed DigitalOcean about some issues with their customers breakin' the rules. It's been a whole month and they haven't bothered to respond or even acknowledge my complaint. Here's the deal: there's this website hosted by DigitalOcean that's been stealin' my stuff since 2020. When I finally had enough and sent 'em a DMCA takedown notice in July , the website owner went nuts on me. They started cyberbullying me, spreadin' lies about me online, floodin' my forum, and even encouragin' hate towards me. And guess what? They kept on stealin' my content too. All of these actions go against DigitalOcean's rules, so I sent 'em a complaint (subject line: "Complaint about rule violations") to their email addresses, but no response. I've tweeted 'em and sent 'em emails beggin' for a reply and some action on these rule violations, but they just ignore me. I even reached out to their CEO on Twitter, but he's been ignorin' me too.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DigitalOcean I was suprised to see charges to my *** credit card by a company I have never heard of called Digital Ocean

I was suprised to see charges to my *** credit card by a company I have never heard of called Digital Ocean. I have a recurring charge of $56.08 once every month since July 2022. I realized I was being charged this monthly fee in December 2022. I immediately looked up the website to learn that they were a cloud computing service. I have never purchased services or a subscription from this company. Without success, I tried to contact the company to find out why I was being billed and how they got my information. There is no way to contact them unless you have an account. Since I never created an account I have no way of connecting with them. There is no phone number. I immediately alerted *** who tried to contact Digital Ocean and they have not been able to reach anyone at the company. I have never received an email or any other correspondence confirming a subscription from this company. I have never received any sort of invoice or statement for the amounts that I am being charged or any explanation of billing. Trying to get any information is like hitting a brick wall. It is a red flag that a company can charge me without my permission and without providing any statement of accounts. I think this is a scam and I am looking into all legal remedies. I have no documentation from this company because I never created an account.

DigitalOcean In-depth Review

In summary, DigitalOcean is a cloud infrastructure provider targeting developers and businesses with a focus on simplicity and cost-effectiveness. It offers a range of services from basic hosting to more advanced cloud solutions. The platform is known for its ease of use, developer-friendly tools, and robust customer support. However, there are some limitations in terms of larger enterprise needs and a narrower range of services compared to some competitors.

Company Overview

Brief History and Mission: DigitalOcean started with the mission to simplify cloud computing so developers and businesses can spend more time creating software that changes the world. Range of Services and Products Offered: They offer cloud services that allow businesses to deploy, manage, and scale applications of any size. Target Market and User Base: DigitalOcean primarily targets developers, startups, and SMBs.

Ease of Use

User Interface and Navigation: The DigitalOcean control panel is intuitive, making it easy for users to navigate and manage their infrastructure. Account Setup Process: Setting up an account is straightforward, with minimal steps required to get started. Management Dashboard Features: The dashboard provides a clear overview of resources, with easy access to project management and monitoring tools.

Product Features

1. Description of Different Hosting Plans: DigitalOcean offers a variety of hosting plans, including shared CPU, dedicated CPU, and memory-optimized droplets.
  2. Virtual Private Servers (Droplets) Specifications: Droplets come with varying amounts of CPU, memory, and SSD storage, allowing users to choose based on their needs.
  3. Additional Services: Managed databases, Kubernetes, and additional storage options like block storage and object storage are available.

Performance and Reliability

Server Uptime Statistics: DigitalOcean boasts high uptime statistics, though exact figures are not publicly detailed. Load Times and Speed Tests: Users generally report fast load times and good performance. Data Center Locations and Network Infrastructure: They have multiple data center locations worldwide, ensuring reduced latency and increased redundancy.

Pricing and Value for Money

Comparison of Plan Prices: DigitalOcean's pricing is competitive, especially for smaller scale operations. Billing Options and Transparency: They offer a clear billing model with per-hour and per-month options. Cost-Efficiency and Scalability: The platform is cost-efficient for startups and scales well as companies grow.

Customer Support

Availability and Response Times: Support is available 24/7 with varying response times. Support Channels: Users can reach out via ticketing system, community forums, and extensive documentation. Quality of Technical Assistance: The support team is knowledgeable and helpful.

Security Measures

Data Protection Policies: DigitalOcean takes data protection seriously, though specific policies are not detailed. Compliance Certifications: They maintain compliance with standards like GDPR and SOC 2. Built-in Security Features: Features like firewalls and DDoS protection are available to enhance security.

Developer-Friendly Tools

API Access and Documentation: DigitalOcean provides a robust API and clear documentation. Integration with Third-Party Tools and Services: The platform integrates well with popular developer tools and services. Community Resources and Tutorials: A strong community and a wealth of tutorials support developers.

User Reviews and Testimonials

Customer Satisfaction Ratings: Ratings are generally high, with users praising the platform's simplicity and performance. Positive and Negative Feedback: Positive feedback highlights ease of use and support, while negative feedback often points to limitations for larger enterprises. Case Studies and Success Stories: Several case studies showcase successful deployments on DigitalOcean.

Pros and Cons

Summary of Key Strengths: DigitalOcean is user-friendly, cost-effective, and provides strong community support. Potential Drawbacks and Limitations: It may not be as suitable for large enterprises requiring a broad range of services.

Comparison with Competitors

Market Position and Unique Selling Points: DigitalOcean is well-positioned for developers and small to medium-sized businesses looking for simplicity and performance. Direct Comparison with Similar Service Providers: It often stands out for its developer-centric approach and competitive pricing.

Final Verdict and Recommendations

Overall Impressions and Suitability: DigitalOcean is highly recommended for developers and small to medium-sized businesses. Specific Scenarios for Use: It is particularly suitable for startups and tech companies with a need for simplicity and scalability. Final Rating and Conclusion: DigitalOcean is a strong contender in the cloud hosting market, offering a balance of performance, ease of use, and value for money.

How to file a complaint about DigitalOcean?

Here is a guide on how to file a complaint or review about DigitalOcean on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or create an account:
- Start by logging into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you don't have an account yet, create one to proceed.

2. Navigating to the complaint form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the title:
- Summarize the main issue you have with DigitalOcean in the 'Complaint Title' section.

4. Detailing the experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with DigitalOcean. Mention key areas, transactions, steps taken to resolve the issue, the company's response, and the personal impact of the issue.

5. Attaching supporting documents:
- Attach any relevant supporting documents to strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filling optional fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.

7. Review before submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it.

8. Submission process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint or review.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Ensure you follow these steps carefully to effectively file your complaint or review about DigitalOcean on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact DigitalOcean customer service

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with DigitalOcean?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DigitalOcean Customer Service. Initial DigitalOcean complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DigitalOcean above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DigitalOcean. Discuss the issues you have had with DigitalOcean and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.