Having problems with Hostgator.com?

Hostgator.com Customer Service Contacts

1866 964 2867 (United States)
+1 713 574 5287 (International)
5005 Mitchelldale, Suite № 100
Houston, Texas
Austin, TX
2500 Ridgepoint Drive, Austin, TX 78754, United States of America

Brazil, Florianópolis
Rua Lauro Linhares, 589, Ático, 88036-001, Florianópolis-SC

Brazil, São Paulo
Rua Pequetita, 215, 4° andar, 04552-060, São Paulo-SP

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hostgator.com Customer Service. Initial Hostgator.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hostgator.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hostgator.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Hostgator.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

HostGator.comtechnical support

I'm pretty shocked at how bad customer support has become. I've used hostgator since I was in my mid-20s so it's been over 10 years and I just had the worst customer service experience ever on June 6th 9:25pm-10:15pm. I'm currently using their WordPress hosting package and the person didn't even know what WordPress was. She then brought another guy to assist her and he couldn't help to resolve the situation either. THEN she LIED to me and said that she couldn't figure out how to end the call so that I can move on to the survey part. She kept saying it and so I decided to just pretend to turn off the phone by just taking off my headset and leaving the call going to see if she would click the button to the end the call so that it would move to the survey section. She did. Which is why I'm here complaining on this board. The young lady should be fired. She lacks the skills to troubleshoot, she lacks general, basic website knowledge and she LIED to the customer (me). What is going on with you Hostgator?

• Updated by MelissaDev · Jun 07, 2019

9:25pm-10:15pm PST

HostGator.comwebsite down

I have been contacting their customer service for the past two weeks, its the 8th customer service representative I had contacted but my website is not running. every CSR are giving different things and the last one says even my file is missing. it has been running with them for the past three years and all of a sudden I started getting message as the account is suspended. I joined another provider, but the files can not be migrated because HostGator made it suspended. I am wondering around without any solution and the customer service reps are acting funny and not knowledgeable it seems
    www.salvationchannel.com
    SH-2624915
    the latest 3 conversations ae given below for info. thank you

--------------------------
    HostGator Support
    Rate and Exit
    Close and take surveyCancel
    What issue can we help you with today salvation?
    Start Chat
    The agent has requested for your authentication before they are able to assist you further with your request.
    CancelSuccess
    • S
    Tech Support: Website Issues salvationchannel.com is not running, please fix. thank you
    Rojay joined
    Hi
    • R
    Welcome to Live Chat. My name is Rojay and I will be your Web Advisor today!
    • S
    salvationchannel.com is not running, please fix. thank you
    • R
    Hello, Salvation. I understand how important it is to have your website available and I am going to do everything I can to help you out.
    May I have your primary email address so I can pull up the account in question?
    • R
    Thank you! To get started, let's verify you as an authorized user for the account. Please use the incoming pop-up to input the same credentials you use at portal.hostgator.com.
    done
    • R
    I'm sorry, I was not able to get a match on my end. If you provide me your security PIN, I can verify your account with that information also. Security PIN is the 4-8 digit number you chose upon signing up your account.
    • R
    Thank you for verifying the account for this chat. Please allow me a few moments here to pull up your information.
    Thank so much for your patience. I am seeing that you just signed up this new account. Are you currently getting any errors? If so, can you please provide that information to me?
    By the way, I am currently seeing that the site is showing a Suspended Page, are you referring to that error?
    correct
    • R
    I see, Salvation. It appears the previous Hosting the domain salvationchannel.com might be suspended that's why we are seeing that error. When exactly did you changed the domain's name servers?
    I'm sorry, what I mean is, the previous Hosting of the domain salvationchannel.com might be suspended that's why we are seeing that error.
    May I know when did you change the name servers of the domain salvationchannel.com?
    • S
    I have not much technical knowledge to be honest. I have been contacting your CSR for the past three days and I have been getting different answers. early today someone told me to contact my domain service provider and change the server name to ns6095.hostgator.com which was done
    previous hoster also is your company
    • R
    Oh okay. That is why we are still seeing the Suspended page. Since the domain's name servers just got changed, it is still going to show the previous hosting which might be Suspended.
    Nameservers can take 24-48 hours to propagate due to the nature of the internet's DNS system. Here is a detailed article about DNS propagation that will provide you with more information. > http://support.hostgator.com/articles/articles/hosting-guide/lets-get-started/dns-name-servers/propagation-times
    I can check your previous Hosting package if you want. All you have to do is give me the primary email address.
    • S
    the information I have got from my domain provider is also the same thing, but they said, you will still be able to see the website running in a proxy server which doesn't need DNS... . but I checked using proxy server, its not running there as well.
    • R
    Which proxy server are you referring to?
    • S
    09:19 Olga Efremova: For instance, kproxy at https://kproxy.com or https://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/ Proxy servers allow to bypass DNS propagation. 09:19 Olga Efremova: Your domain name already resolves for me this way in KProxy: https://www.screencast.com/t/0eX36wKmYWn
    • R
    Thank you for that information. Can you provide the PIN of your account under the email address [protected]@gmail.com ?
    same 8074
    • R
    Account verified. I was able to confirm that the previous Hosting package is suspended, that's why it's still showing a Suspended page.
    why its suspended??
    • R
    To make sure, do you mean why is your previous hosting package suspended?
    correct
    • R
    As per checking, because there is an pending invoice for your Hosting Package which hasn't been paid yet. The invoice number is [protected].
    • S
    if not paid, why it would be suspended. I still have a business account, and it should be migrated to there.
    I mean from the old account to the new account
    • R
    Please know that migration request should be requested through here: https://portal.hostgator.com/support/migration
    • S
    i don't think i am getting a good service from your company/ all the customer service reps are telling me different stories. the last one before you said, it was an IP conflict, the previous told to change the DNS server name, you are saying unpaid, hence suspended.
    Can u please let me know what is the solution
    that was the first thing done with your staff's assistance and after couple of days it came in as an error
    • R
    I am sorry that you are feeling that way. It appears that the name servers is correctly configured. However, there seems to be a conflict with the IP Address. The name servers are pointing to your Business Package but the IP Address is pointing to your Baby package which is currently suspended, that;s why it's currently showing a suspended page.
    All we have to do is change the IP Address inside your cPanel.
    Do you want me to proceed with changing the IP Address?
    • S
    would you help me do that, i have tried to find an option but could not figured out. thank you
    • R
    You're welcome. Can you give me 2-3 minutes to change the IP Address for you?
    • S
    while u do that, would you kindly tell me which menu option in the cpanel you can do it. thank you
    • R
    Sure thing. You can change the A Record/IP Address, the CNAME Record and TXT Records inside your cPanel > Domains section > Advance Zone Editor. By the way, I was able to successfully change it on my end.
    • S
    excellent. thank you. do you think, with this change it might work.
    • R
    Yes, I can assure that with this change you should be able to build your website.
    • S
    build or will it run without anything more to do. thank u
    • R
    All you have to do now is wait 4-8 hours for the DNS changes to take effect because when changing the IP Address there is also a propagation time.
    If you check this site here: https://geopeeker.com/fetch/?url=salvationchannel.com - the domain is working correctly.
    • S
    fine, thank you for all your help
    • R
    You are very much welcome. Aside from your concern regarding your domain's DNS records, is there anything else I can assist you with today?
    • S
    no, thank you. s uspension was a good experience for me to learn atleast some technical terms.
    That's great to know!
    If that's all, it's my pleasure assisting you with your concern. Take care and have a great day, Salvation!
    Thank you for using Live Chat. If you could take a minute to let us know if your questions were answered and/or your support request was resolved, it would help us to improve our customer service. To do that, just click the button that says "Rate and Exit" in the upper right-hand corner. The survey takes less than a minute to fill out.
    • S
    i am glad that its finally resolved.
    • R
    Yes, I am too! Thank you, again, for contacting us.
    Rojay left
    Please wait for the next available agentYou will be connected to an agent within 5 minutes...
    Thank you for contacting HostGator support. Please rate your support representative in the following areas from 1 to 5 (5 being the best).
    Did we resolve your issue today?
    Yes, resolved in one interaction.
    Yes, but it took more than one interaction.
    No, this is my first interaction and it is not resolved.
    No, I have contacted you more than once and it is still not resolved.
    Thank you for your valuable feedback! Let us know what we did well and what we can improve upon.
    26/10/18
    HostGator Support
    End chat and take a survey?
    What issue can we help you with today roy?
    • R
    Tech Support: Website Issues suspended for what reason????????????????????
    Melmar joined
    • M
    Welcome to Live Chat. My name is Melmar and I will be your web advisor today!
    Hi Roy.
    • R
    what is happening with my account, i am terribly frustrated with your service
    • M
    Let me pull up your account for me to determine the reason why the hosting is suspended.
    Give me a few minutes Roy.
    From what I have here, the hosting is suspended because of non payment however I took the chance to read the transcript from your previous interaction with one of our rep. You mentioned that you have a new hosting package with, is that right Roy?
    • R
    this is the 5th customer service rep i am chatting with and everyone says at the end that its all solved, my website has not been running for the past week. i have another account [protected]@gmail.com and i have tried to migrate it there and waited for 2 days and it has not transferred. another one came up and said IP conflict, another one said name server error, and the list goes on.
    i want somebody to solve it now..
    • M
    I will take it from here, I'll make sure to clean up this loose ends for you. Let me just take a look at the cPanel of your other account.
    Thank you very much for patiently waiting Roy. I was able to check both accounts. In regards to your salvationchannel.com- the DNS for the domain is good, there's nothing wrong with it, that being said, the name servers are pointing to your other hosting account and defintely not an IP conflict. However the reason why the domain is not working is because when I tried to check your file manager. The files that should've been inside public_html folder isn't there. Thus, giving you an error with salvationchannel.com
    Just checking, are we still connected Roy?
    yes i am
    where is it gone please.
    • M
    When you requested for a migration, did you filled up a form online?
    • R
    no, your customer service rep did it for me
    as i have little or no knowledge about these things
    Let me guide you Roy.
    Did he/she gave you a case number prior to Migration?
    • R
    this is the one i can see from the email that was after a failed migration ref:_00D36qEW6._5001QgjwRL
    • M
    Migration failed? What happened?
    • R
    this is the thing s that i can't understand..
    • M
    No worries. We will make sure that your website will work. I will personally communicate with our migrations team about this. Give me a few minutes Roy.
    sure, thank you
    • M
    You're very much welcome.
    Thank you very much for patiently waiting Roy. I was able to collaborate with our billing team. I will have to escalate the case over to them. They will personally reach out to you via email so they can notify you about the migration process. Please expect the email to be sent to [protected]@gmail.com. Also for your reference, take note of this case number for me: [protected] Rest assured that we will provide you full support necessary to make your website up and running.
    That should do it for now. We just need to wait for one of our migrations admin to reach out to you via email.
    Is there anything else I can help you with Roy?
    Hello, just checking in with you. Are you still with me Roy?
    Just checking, are we still connected Roy?
    • R
    once again i will hang on with the hope you are putting up.
    • M
    This is the best course of action that we can take.
    • R
    how long do you think it will take to hear back from them pl
    • M
    It might sound that I am just giving you a false hope but rest assured that we will help you with this.
    There's no specific time frame when will our migrations team will reach out to you but since you already have a previous case, the priority is set to high. They will contact you as soon as possible.
    never mind, thank you Melmar
    • M
    You're very much welcome.
    Thank you for using Live Support. If you could take a minute to let us know if your questions were answered and/or your support request was resolved, it would help us to improve our customer service. To do that, just click the X in the upper right of the chat window and you will be prompted to take the survey. The survey takes less than a minute to fill out.
    You take care Roy! :)

HostGator Support 27/10/18
    End chat and take a survey?
    What issue can we help you with today salvation?
    • S
    Tech Support: Website Issues why my website is not working???????
    John Ray joined
    • J
    Hello there, thank you for contacting Live Chat Support! My name is John, how are you doing? I'll be glad to assist you today.
    • S
    Hi John. this is the 6th rep i am contacting for over a week now, why my site is not working. please its not a joke anymore
    • J
    Good day, Salvation! That doesn't sounds good! I'm sorry to hear that. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Nothing to worry, I'm here to help. Let me make it up to you please. I'll do my best to solve this. May I know what is the domain you are referring to?
    • S
    the last case no.provided was [protected]
    salvationchannel.com
    • J
    Thank you for this information. Please allow me a few minutes to check on this.
    Upon checking, I did access your site and it's accessible here on my end, it has a HostGator cpanel default page.
    • S
    then why the site is not running pl
    • J
    Have you already uploaded your website files on your cpanel?
    • S
    sorry your question seems bit strange to me, you have been hosting my site for the past 3 years
    the site was originally running under the account bethelassembliesofgod.com
    SH-2624915
    • J
    Thank you for that information. I really appreciate it.
    I can see here that there is new hosting account for your domain alone salvationchannel.com and it's pointed to the new hosting, that's why your site is not showing.
    • S
    so what is the solution pl
    i would like it to be completely moved to the new account
    is it possible, if not remove the status of suspended in the original account, and i will move it to another provider and cancel both my accounts. i am so frustrated with this issue and i can not afford to keep my site down
    • J
    Were you able to submit an online transfer form?
    • S
    it was done with your first customer service rep's assistance. i dont want to hang around with this issue anymore, rather need a solution. why would you keep my account on suspension
    • J
    I totally understand. Upon review, this issue has already been escalated and our Migration are working on it.
    • S
    this has been the same answer i was getting. is there any reason for the delay in doing it, thank you
    • J
    I can see here that the recent update is due to the account being suspended. As much as I want to help you on this however, this case is exclusively handled my our experts from Migration team. What I can do to help is to set this case status into "HIGH" priority to speed up the process.
    • S
    please do so and can you give me another docket no. for that. thank you
    • J
    Again, we deeply apologize for this inconvenience. Please be advised that these cases are handled with diligence. We will make sure you are notified via e-mail as soon as possible. Here is your case ID [protected] for reference. Please expect a notification from us via email regarding the update on this.
    Thank you for your kind understanding, Salvation. I'm here if you have some questions or additional assistance.
    • S
    thank you, before you leave another request
    can you look at the suspended account and tell me if i can renew it on a monthly basis
    if non payment is the sole reason for suspension
    i am guessing that way
    • J
    Yes, of course, it's possible. You can change your billing cycle into 1 month, however, it is already long overdue.
    • S
    that way atleast the site will be running while the migration proceeds
    i have no option to change it from 3 yearly subscription
    • J
    Yes, that's correct. Let's see what we can do here. A moment please.
    • J
    You're welcome! Hang on please.
    Thanks for waiting. Your account has been changed to a one month cycle.
    New invoice has been created as well.
    • S
    thank you, do you think if i make the payment there, the site will run?
    Yes, it should be.
    • S
    thank you, have nice day...
    • J
    Anytime. Happy to help. :)
    Thank you for contacting Live Support! It has been a pleasure to assist you. We greatly value your feedback and would appreciate you taking a brief two-question survey at the end of the chat. To do that, just click the button that says "Rate and Exit" in the upper right hand corner. The survey takes less than a minute to fill out. Have a great day!

Did we resolve your issue today?

Hostgatorhosting/ our websites have been down for an entire week!

We have approximately (10) websites currently hosted at Hostgator.
      On 1/7/18 we were alerted that our websites had gone down.
      Immediately, we contacted Hostgator for answers. They could not provide any info besides they were working on it. Everyday we called, sent emails, and everyday they told us nothing but they were working on it. Their customer service would not allow us to speak with a supervisor or anyone who could provide any answers. On Friday one of our sites finally partially came up and the others are still down (8) days later. Due to this fiasco, we have lost clients and their sites continue to be down. Not one person from Hostgator has taken the time to reach out to us or give us any resolutions.
      HOSTGATOR is a terrible company! I would never host another site with them and I'd advise all consumers to BEWARE! DON'T TRUST THIS COMPANY WITH YOUR WEBSITE!!!

Hostgatorreseller hosting account

I had been with Hostgator for over 12 years. The place started to go down hill when they sold it a few years back. The Support suffered the most. There was no support and what little support you got never resolved the issue or complaint! I warned them several times over a few months about this and that I would leave and level a complaint. Stay away from Hostgator as they have THE WORST TECHNICAL SUPPORT going! And they could not care any less about solving their clients problems. All they want is your money. I had been paying close to $30.00 a month for years and when they lowered the price of the monthly cost for a reseller account they never passed on the savings to me? They just continued to over bill me.

Hostgatorhostgator.com

I honestly think they are scammers and you should surely stay away. It's the worst place for hosting your website, and maybe it's even dangerous.
          They are not very attentive to your needs and do what they want following their own purposes. Be prepared that they take the money and won't work properly. Unfortunately.
          Plus, everything is very expensive and they have hidden fees. So you decide. But I would stay away.

• Ep
              EPailo Oct 17, 2018

I agree stay away, ..made the worst decision using them my SSl has never worked my DNS has issues they keep lying they've fixed both but never do. i am just waiting for hosting to expire then ill take my money elsewhere very very very dodgy people i don't know how these companies stay afloat being so deceitful

HostgatorTheir support is terrible

I had a problem with my site so I contacted HostGator customer service hoping to get some help, but unfortunately they did not care about me and my issue. I sent them several messages but they ignored me and then I decided to try their live chat which was a complete nightmare.
            I contacted their rep and he asked me to wait and promised he'll be back in 5 minutes. Waited for 20 minutes and opened a new chat. Their rep said that everyone was busy at the moment and asked me to wait! After 30 minutes of waiting I gave up. I also tried to contact them the next day but nothing changed. Very poor support service!

HostGator.comNo support and rude agent

I have recently problems with my website, and I decided to contact the support team from the website www.hostgator.com. I used their services, when I created my website. I contacted the online chat agent, but this jerk spoke with me in rude and disrespectful manner. I was furious and told him about that, but he didn’t care and continued to tell some ###.I wonder if there are people, who have the same problems and what have you done in such situation, please post comments.

HostgatorSuspended my account for nothing

I ordered one of the plans from the company Hostgator. My payment went promptly, but they suspended my account and provided me nothing. I tried to contact them, but they didn’t respond to phone calls and emails. I’m so angry and want to warn everyone not to deal with them. And be careful if you use this website or leave comments if you had horrible experience with this seller.

• Hv
                    H van Zyl Nov 20, 2014

Hostgator lease/sell "Domain names" and I had a domain a few years ago but it was discontinued at least two years ago. Now all of a sudden they have again started taking money off of my account. This illegal and fraudulent. How do you stop these people.

HostgatorHostGator Ripped Me Off

A HostGator employee fraudently edited a message to make it appear that I had violated their TOS, then killed my website.

The nearly complete version here: http://democratshallofshame.net/RAT_DHOS_vs_HG.html

Or, here: http://democratshallofshame.info/RAT_DHOS_vs_HG.html

And here: http://democratshallofshame.us/RAT_DHOS_vs_HG.html

host gatornot honoring price blink coupons

I went to pay my hostgator hosting fee and a priceblink coupon came on my screen here is what ensued.
                    Chat ID: 6821687. Question: how do I use a price blink host gator coupon
                    (8:35:07pm)System:Customer has entered chat and is waiting for an agent.
                    (8:40:31pm)Rodney D.:Welcome to HostGator LiveChat. My name is Rodney, please allow me a moment to review your question and account.
                    (8:40:49pm)wayne battle:thank you
                    (8:41:18pm)Rodney D.:When signing up for the account, in the section where it is asking for your domain name. The box to enter the coupon code is at the bottom of that page.
                    (8:42:47pm)wayne battle:this is for
                    25% off any billing.
                    (8:43:23pm)wayne battle:not 25 % off any initial sign up
                    (8:45:02pm)Rodney D.:I will need a few moments on this, please.
                    (8:45:10pm)wayne battle:ok
                    (8:45:45pm)wayne battle:http://www.priceblink.com/coupons-codes/hostgator/957?c=1803&s=U&revealed=true
                    (8:50:28pm)Rodney D.:I do apologize, but this is only for new accounts.
                    (8:50:51pm)wayne battle:the ad does not specify that
                    (8:51:24pm)wayne battle:please extend this price break and fix the ad later
                    (8:52:22pm)Rodney D.:That advertisement is not on our home page, we have no control over what someone else decides to place on their sites about us.
                    (8:53:52pm)wayne battle:Is it your contention you have no knowledge of these priceblink ads
                    (8:54:26pm)wayne battle:there are 6 on this one page
                    (8:54:46pm)wayne battle:you told me how to use the ad
                    (8:55:16pm)wayne battle:now you tell me you have no control over marketing your product
                    (8:56:19pm)wayne battle:it has a place to notify me of new hostgator coupons
                    (8:57:11pm)wayne battle:you are telling me you will not honor this coupon 1 time when the ad has a 67% rate of acceptance
                    (8:57:11pm)Rodney D.:We have never offered a coupon for existing customers.
                    (8:58:31pm)wayne battle:you legal/marketing team missed this one by not being specific there is nothing on this ad that implies it is only for a new account the ad says for ANY billing
                    (8:59:03pm)wayne battle:it is a featured ad
                    (9:01:01pm)wayne battle:you can make this right
                    (9:02:28pm)wayne battle:we are talking about 25% of $15 one time come on guys I did not approve the ad you guys did
                    (9:03:55pm)wayne battle:im a good customer guys come on dont be so hard
                    (9:05:44pm)Rodney D.:Just a moment, please.
                    (9:06:03pm)wayne battle:thanks for consideration
                    (9:11:18pm)Rodney D.:If you are able to provide me with a HostGator.com link that states this coupon code is not for new accounts only, then I will be able to honor it, but without any proof that we created and advertised this code as not being for new account only, then I will not be able do this for you.

not honoring  price blink coupons

HostgatorSite Down; IP Change without notice

Stay away from this website for hosting. I've only been with them for five months, and they have changed my IP address three times without notice. That means my site is down a minimum of 24 hours almost every other month. They can't even provide an explanation as to why the address keeps changing or the frequency to which it will happen. The people that work at this company are stupid. Stay away.

HostgatorTerrible system

Last year, despite a coupon for a free year's of hosting I started gettting billed monthly. This year they started billing me monthly for what was supposed to be set up as an annual account. Then it took hours to get them to credit me the monthly charges and bill me for an annual charge. Instead of fixing it, they ended up billing me twice for the annual fee. I finally, after tons of trouble tickets and phone calls, get the credits I was due. But they refuse to pay my credit card interest for their screw up. I highly recommend you stay away from them.

• Sh
                            Shahid Pasha Jul 29, 2016

Hi friends

Please don't buy hosting space from this guys, you won't believe most of they servers are cheap and automatically data get deleted without your permission same thing happe. With me also, support team is not good, if you send mail your get response only after 1 week or 1 month, I am using their service and not happy with their services

My identity
                            Email [email protected]

• Ho
                            hostgatorsucks Feb 10, 2012

Their billing is completely screwed up.

HostgatorScam

I've noticed loads of threads going up about Hostgator recently. The scam goes like this.

They only charge $10 a month for 'unlimited domain hosting'.

Problem is, they stick you on a server with 5000 other people, so your sites are for ****.

Their IPs are all blakclisted because spammers love hostgator, and you will get associated with them because you all share the same IP, and google now apparently automatically downgrades hostgator - hosted websites, because 99% of their clients just throw up 'autogenerated' spam sites.

They also have a habit of hitting your credit card after you cancel the account, I've heard people who have had to cancel the card to stop hostgator billing.

I've also heard that hostgator tend to **** on their affiliates. If you send them a lot of customers, they start 'reversing' them in order to chisel you out of your $100 referral fee.

• Ho
                              hostgatorsucks Feb 10, 2012

This company sucks. Stay away.