Menu
S
Author of the complaint
11:40 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

If I could give fewer stars I would, but one is the lowest, so it's a one-star review.

I ordered a pair of Armani Exchange AX1014 prescription glasses on February 4, 2020. I literally received them about two weeks later, and wore them for a day. The right lens was incorrect and needed to be replaced. I got online and chatted and was given an RMA number and sent them back. Understand... I physically owned a pair of glasses and I literally physically took MY glasses, packaged them up myself in a padded box and drove them to my local UPS store. I checked the return several times. It took an extra week for them to receive, but they did receive them, finally. I chatted online and they confirmed physically receiving MY glasses. They told me the return would take the same amount of time as the original order (two weeks). No one said anything about the possibility of what ended up happening. Sitting down? Three weeks (March 10, 2020) later I went online and chatted to find status and was told they were "out of stock!" Out of stock is not a concept in "returns!" I simply needed one lens to be replaced ON MY FRAMES that I physically returned and they're "out of stock?" How is that? How does this happen? I returned MY FRAMES to them for just for ONE lens replacement. This a direct 1 to 1 thing — like taking your car in for an oil change where you bought it. They work on your car and give it back to you. Not here!

The morning of March 10, 2020 I chatted with "Carol Anderson" and explained what was happening. She told me to call customer service. Guess what? It's a call center in the Philippines. I asked for a supervisor. Talk about a terrible experience? I sat on hold for nearly 30mins. She kept coming back with excuses that they didn't have a supervisor. Finally she came back and said the best she could do is have a supervisor call me back "in a day." So, here I am expending far too much energy for a lousy pair of glasses. After one hour, I got back online and chatted again. This time with "Marge." After several promises, several chats, waiting, packaging, driving, checking tracking info, several more chats, phone calls, and I still don't have my glasses and no explanation!

Finally, after getting almost irrate via chat (because calling the call center does no good) a "supervisor" named "Jacob Goodman" called me. He explained that they do NOT repair or recycle frames because of reasons for "ethical" and "cleanliness" purposes. I'm no fool. I understand what they're doing. They're a small operation that outsource EVERYTHING and utilize cheap labor on another continent and to return something creates a costly scenario that they avoid, such that from a business perspective, it's too expensive for them to send the frames from their receiving facility in Pennsylvania to their manufacturing facility in Tel Aviv Israel, so they come up with some silly policy like this. AVOID THIS COMPANY!

If you want to avoid the possibility of what I have encountered, which is one of the most ridiculous experiences you could ever imagine featuring horrible timeframes, horrible delivery, horrible returns, horrible customer service and completely apathetic service personnel, I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!

My RMA was #267806 and my original order was # [protected]. It's been six weeks and I do not have glasses! I have nothing. But they have my glasses, my frames and my money! I asked for a refund and I bet I'll have to go thru the same degree of silliness and follow-up to get the money back! After all this, I'll be going to my local glasses retailer where I can physically deal with my eyesight needs.

More Glasses USA complaints & reviews

Glasses USA - Beware of this company!
Glasses USA - Online scam