Complaints & Reviews

GlassesUSA.comPrescription and fees both wrong

When I first ordered my glasses, I realized a few hours later that I had paid for a faster delivery that would not even have been possible because of my prescription. I emailed them and told them of my error, and suggested that it would truly be in their best interest to refund that to me. I explained that it was an error that THEY should have caught. They played dumb and swept it under the rug, apparently. Then, nearly a month later, I got my glasses and the prescription was terribly wrong. I sent them back. When they finally arrived the prescription was correct but they'd failed to use the Transitions lens I had ordered and paid for. I emailed them immediately .. not one word. I am considering bringing a law suit.

GlassesUSA.comEyeglasses

Customer service is non-existent with this co. An order was shipped and lost. GlassesUSA claims no responsibility and made no attempt to track the order. As they requested I spoke with my local post office and was told the package was probably stolen and it was now the shippers responsibility. No offer of replacement or refund was made. Fortunately I selected the split payments and had my credit card company charge back the 1st payment and decline any future payments. This is not my only review for them and the State Attorney Generals office has been notified of their deceptive practice.

GlassesUSA.com — Glasses I ordered

I order glasses from this company over a week ago. I called multiple times just to verify the order wa...

Douglas

GlassesUSA.com — Delivery Timeframe

This company will discount retail prices on their site by up to 50% so don't pay the listed price. BEWARE!!...

GlassesUSA.com — Unauthorized purchase

An individual stole my credit card information and purchased glasses on May 11, 2016. This person had the...

GlassesUSA.comglasses never produced

I ordered Rx sunglasses from this company and when I had not received an order update after 2 weeks, I called and was disconnected by the customer service rep without resolution. After e-mailing the company, I received an e-mail saying the glasses had been poor quality and had to be re-produced. After an additional 2 weeks, I called again and was told by the customer service rep that he could not tell me why my glasses were not produced. When I said that if I could not get a resolution, I would cancel the order, he said that that would "be a good idea." When I asked to speak to a manager, he told me they didn't have any. Worse company ever--steer clear!

GlassesUSA.comCustomer service and charges unauthorized

They have charged my cr3dit card 197.32 for a pair of glasses that cost 345.00. They could not charge my credit card the full amount but tried to charged the 197.32 which is pending. I cancel the order and tried to charge me after the fact. No2 I have this pending in my account and cannot buy a pair of glasses until it is resolve. The customer service try to help you bit limited to what they can do. When I ask for a supervisor or a manager they stated no one is available. This company has me pulling my hair out. Very fustrating. Never again will I do business with them. Beware of glassesusa.com. bad business.

GlassesUSA.comUPS tracking number issue and no refund when requested

I ordered a pair of glasses and decided against them. Per their refund policy I printed out the return form and took them to UPS. When I got no response in a week I contacted them to question if they had them and when I would be refunded. They could not find that they had received my order and asked for a tracking number. I did not have one, they automatically printed the label, and UPS did not have any record of a tracking number either.

The glasses had to have been received and had all of my paperwork in the box, but I tried customer service and returns countless times and was still given the "refer to our return policy" and that they needed the tracking number. I am out $273 because of their procedures.

Do not order from this company!

GlassesUSA.comEyeglasses

This company is a rip-off. Their product is poor, and their customer service is non-existent. My glasses were defective and contact was made. GlassesUSA delayed responding multiple times to where 90 days had passed and they would not have to refund my money. Their glasses have been returned, but they kept my money. They offered 110% store credit. First, how does one get 110% store credit and second why would I buy their product again? I won't. I filed a report with my local police agency for Internet Fraud and Theft and a consumer complaint with the office of the Attorney General. If you have a problem or have had a problem, do the same. Keep this company from stealing from its customers.

GlassesUSA.comDon't buy from them!

I have ordered glasses from GlassesUSA company and never again I will do the same mistake! Place my order and paid for it. For over a month I heard nothing from them so I contacted them and asked bout my order. They said that my glasses were out of stock and that they'll ship them in a week! Another month passed and they said that my glasses were probably lost during the shipment. I asked for a refund and they said that it was not their responsibility and that I have to deal with the shipping company! GlassesUSA is a total joke! Don't buy from them!

GlassesUSA.comGlasses refund

DO NOT use this company! I wish I would have known beforehand that they get an F rating with the Better Business Bureau before I had ordered through them. http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/optical-goods-retail/glasses-usa-in-new-york-ny-107236 Their glasses are cheap quality, and their customer service is wretched. I sought a refund since the quality was so horrible, but their automated system is so screwed up, and their customer service is so horrible I am now out $115. Their automated return/refund system issues you a USPS shipping label, at which if you do not keep a copy of the tracking number you are completely F-ed. They do not keep a copy themselves, and the tracking number does not tie to your account and your return. If you cannot provide them with the tracking number, they insist that they have no record of you even trying for a refund/return – even though you went through their automated system to begin with. Their customer service, including requesting a manager for help, was useless, unhelpful, and stand-offish. Even though their system automates the label, they do not keep track of their own returns (no idea how they pay USPS for the labels generated, as I asked if they could pull up my return through that and they insist they cannot. Nor can they search through unclaimed returns to see if mine was in that pile – I can only assume their unclaimed returns pile is so large that a team of people cannot sort through them. Quite a racket they have going on – no way to track a return and then they get to keep the glasses they return and reuse the frames. Bravo.

GlassesUSA.comBad place to work with all the way around

"Horrible customer service, lie about delivery times, get the run around when I asked when and who you shipped with. Could not even give me a tracking number after they shipped them. The BS of we rely on our courier to deliver your items in a timely manner, is over used!!! I paid for expedited service (6-7) days, took 3 weeks. Finally got the glasses, wrong RX by a mile! I uploaded my RX from a DR and even emailed to confirm that got it, and still jacked it up!! Place is a joke and not willing to go the extra mile to fix their mess up. I will not recommend or ever use this place again.."

Jack Slater Aug 11, 2020

They just did me the same way. wow. How many more victims out there.

GlassesUSA.comprescription eyeglasses

I placed an order for new glasses and supposedly they were shipped USPS and delivered to my mail box, yet I never found them there. There has never been a problem with mail being stolen from mailboxes in my rural area, and it's highly unlikely anyone else could use my prescription glasses.

I contacted GlassesUSA and was told both in writing and several tel conv. that once the package leaves their facility it's no longer their responsibility because they've had problems with "fraudulent claims". The manner in which the reps I talked to on the phone stated this clearly inferred that they felt my issue was one of those! And, they refused to file a claim with USPS so I can get the order replaced!

I'm out $132.00.

This is the single most unprofessional customer service experience I've ever had. DO NOT place an order with GlassesUSA.com!

GlassesUSA.com — Cash Back Guarantee = 1 year store credit

There was a gold seal with 100% CASH BACK GUARANTEE so I thought why not take a chance. This was 3/5/15, and...

GlassesUSA.com — Glasses

Review of GlassesUSA: #[protected] (placed on April 1, 2015) In April of 2015 I ordered and paid $374 for two...

GlassesUSA.com — Progressive glasses

Been sending glasses back and fourth since the first of December, they never get the segway line set right so...

GlassesUSA.comWorst ever

I have purchased many times from GlassesUSA store and was always satisfied with the quality and service. Recently I ordered some glasses, but this was my last pair. The prices are fine, not very expensive. I don't know what happened to them, but their changed in a bad way. I have been waiting three weeks for my glasses, and they aren't shipped yet. I contacted customer service many times and heard only lies. This company is too horrible to deal with. I've always received my orders in less than a week! Something strange is going on. I'm never coming back, sorry GlassesUSA.

• Al
                          Alexandria Bishop Apr 25, 2016

Ordered glasses, not real good communicating on progress, but they did arrive in good time. To my dismay, I had made a bad choice of frames and they looked awful!! O.K. not their fault. Returned them with label they supplied. Heard nothing, inquired -- Sez they, we never got them - send tracking #. I lost it !! (STUPID) Well I've spent about 3 weeks with Email and phone. Their reply to every contact is send the # !! How can I send something I don't have ?? I know I'm not the only one to lose a tracking # -- I bet there's a way to find the glasses if they care to. So after now a month they offer credit. I really don't want to deal with them any more, but guess I have to. They are impossible to deal with and just plain STUPID !! The phone reps were really nice, it's the higher ups that are not too bright!! Lesson learned: NEVER lose a tracking # !!!

GlassesUSA.comHorrible Service

First let me say that in the past I liked this company and have bought over a dozen pair of glasses from them, , but something has happened.

First the sunglasses I want are about the same I will pay at the mall with coupons, and they will be ready in an hour, , its been 11 days since I ordered, and they are now in 'quality control", , , it takes an hour in the mall to make them, , 11 days to make them and then a day or two in quality control.

The person in customer service was obviously not from the US, so I ask him where he was located, he said "we are in the US", I said no, where are you located, he said "in the USA", , he then went on to tell me they used USPS to ship because they were so fast, , now who in the US considers USPS to be fast?, , , ,

Run away from them

GlassesUSA.com — Website misleading

I have come to the conclusion that this site is designed to execute a "Bait and Switch" scam. I did buy a...

GlassesUSA.com — Crooks

GLASSESUSA Headquarters 785 Lexington Ave New York NY. New York Better Business Bureau BBB rating is "F"-...