Menu
Glasses USA
reviews & complaints

Glasses USA
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

92 complaints
6 resolved 86 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Glasses USA. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
D
11:45 am EDT

Glasses USA - Poor product

I placed an order for prescription glasses/sunglasses and received the order two weeks later. I used both pairs very lightly and noticed that the lenses are starting to come out of both frames after 3 months of use.

I contact GlassesUSA to see if they stand behind their product and they told me that a refund is only covered for glasses up to 14 days but they would give me 50% a future pair of glasses.

Why would I want to buy another cheap pair of glasses that will only last approximately 3 months. No thanks.

Back to LensCrafters it is.

B
12:12 am EDT

Glasses USA - Have not received glasses yet

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I have order a pair of glasses for my son on Jun. 28 and as of not July 13 and still have not heard or received anything from them. They gave me a tracking number and it's showing at the same place when they shipped out 2 weeks ago, I called and all they says is it out of their hand and they couldn't do anything about it. I went online and order another pair at DISCOUNTGLASSES for my son and I received it within a week. The prices at DISCOUNT GLASSES is still cheaper than GLASSESUSA even with their 50% off.

5:31 pm EDT

Glasses USA - broken glasses

When I was growing up I learned that it is always best to “do the right thing” and, if you live by that rule you will be healthy, happy, and prosperously. Later, in life, I learned that the same was true in business. Companies that “do the right thing” research and manufacturer the best products, have the happiest employees, and make the most money. Through my interaction with GlassesUSA, I’ve learned that you don’t follow that philosophy. You clearly state that you are customer driven yet; in my case you have fallen short. GlassesUSA have refused:

1. To extend the 50% discount (on premium frames) when it has done so for the past 3 years.
2. To honor the word of a customer service representative who promised a replacement pair of glasses worth the same value.
3. To honor the pledge to meet (and beat) the price of a competitor’s frames(because in the dark recesses of you legalese it is state that you don’t do that on premium frame).

The other issue that I find embarrassing is that the three founders – Jewish men living in Israel – act in such a shortsighted manner. I am offended that you would treat another Jewish person, such as myself, with such little respect. I wonder what this is teaching your employees, family, and friends. More importantly, for the three of you, what impact your behavior will has on your company.

Best,

Eric Kastriner

2:07 pm EDT

Glasses USA - Poor Customer Service

Dear management team,
I have been a very good customer for 3 years and have bought 20 pairs of glasses. I am very disappointed at the way I have been treated in my last interactions around a pair of Karl Lagerfeld glasses that has a broken arm mechanism. I was told many different things by many different customer service representatives but no one is helping me. I went to two eyeglass stores after I was told by your representative there was a way to fix the arm. Both stores said it is broken and not fixable. It is within the warranty period. I was then told by your representative Kalem that I could get any replacement frame of my choice for the full price of the pre-discounted Karl Lagerfeld frame...then this was changed to that I could only get the exact same frame which you no longer carry. I was then told by your representative that I could get 32 or 34 dollars credit which is not what I paid. This is not acceptable. I would like the New Round Oval Converse Optical Frame Z001 UF Matte Black. You say on your website that you match other people's price. Please either match your competitors price of $19.95 or give me the 50% discount you always have previously provided during sales. I think you should provide a good customer, such as myself, with good service.
Best,
Eric

7:48 am EDT

Glasses USA - Customer Service

I ordered a pair of glasses on June 9, was told they would arrive within a week. When they didn't, I contacted the company to inquire, and was told that the glasses hadn't passed quality control, and would be remade. During that conversation I was promised that the new pair would be sent with expedited shipping. After another week went by, I called back, and was told that the company didn't do overnight shipping. When I received the glasses they were of terrible quality. I have attempted to acquire a return label for three days now - was finally told today (June 26) that their returns department doesn't work on Fridays. I am concerned that I won't be credited with a refund for the glasses I return. The company promises hassle free, free returns within a 14 day window.

What I would like to have happen is a full refund on the glasses as well as the shipping fees that I will have to pay to send them back.

2 comments
C
Apr 07, 2014 10:54 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This company is one of the worst scams I have ever dealt with. They take your order and promise fast shipping with Fed-Ex. Then you wait and wait, days turn to weeks and if you are lucky enough to have the 30 to 40 minuets to stay on hold with your order number, you are told the glasses are in production. The check your order section sad 6 days to prepare the glasses, we are now at business day 13 and the glasses are in production and should be out soon. I will continue to post until this is resolved or my credit card is credited back.Bargin Hunters Take Heed! This vendor was 48.00 dollars cheaper than lenses crafters.. So I thought why not..BECAUSE they don't ship the product, that's why not, and the run you around in circles and your credit card is charged. This Company is BAD BUSINESS.. like they say, you truly do get what you pay for. Now I will have to go but that other pair of glasses, since I need them and apparently Glasses usa has no intention of delivering..

T
Jan 08, 2014 12:09 pm EST

AS a former employee of this establishment, I can tell you that this place is a fraudulent company. They treat their employees terribly. They are not located in USA, but in Israel.

H
6:09 pm EDT

Glasses USA - additional charges

I ordered a pair of prescription glasses and got a follow up email a couple of days later telling me i had to pay an extra $30 for the prisms. Absolutely NOWHERE on the website is this charge listed.

The rep told me that they *used* to have it on the site but they took it down because ''people were ordering lenses thinking they would give them cool vision''.

It is utterly ridiculous to remove information from the website and surprise people with extra charges. I am disgusted by this company. I was on hold with their customer ''service'' for half an hour and only got halfway down the queue. I think this company is a scam and I would advise you to stay the heck away from them.

Additionally they advertise 100% money back guarantee all over their website but when you read the T&C its ''100% money back minus a 20% restock fee''. 80% refund does NOT equal a 100% refund. Ridiculous.

8:18 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Buyer Beware ... The website is silent in one respect and deceitful in another . I cannot comment on the quality of your product because I haven’t received it yet. The silence is around how long it will take to produce the glasses. Had I known that it would take up to 3 weeks to create, I might have chosen to deal elsewhere. The deceit is in advertising...

R
8:37 am EDT

Glasses USA - Worst Service Ever

Worst customer service ever.
**** dont ever buy from this company ****
**** Warning, worst experience ever *****
placed the order online, with their "50% off glasses" thought it was a great deal but ended up being one of the worst ideas ever.
To place the order, you have the option to add your prescription options before checkout, fax it in, or send it via email. I chose the email since doctors dont have the best hand writing of the world so i email them my prescription. no confirmation for the prescription was received but i moved on. 2 weeks later and still dont have any news so i decided to call (did not call before thinking they have a lot of orders to fulfill). so a guys who was not interested in working at all answered the phone and said that they were trying to "contact me" for the prescription via email... which was not true. anyways i sent the prescription once again and he stayed on the phone while i sent it and the guy confirmed he received it and it was going for production. i was still an ok customer. a week later i called and checked if the order was in production.

The lady who answered i believe her name was Ana, said she really apologized that they already have the prescription and that for some reason it was not sent out to production bla bla bla... so she gave me the following options (continue order, store credit, full refund). i need my glasses so i gave them one more chance and this was two days ago. she promissed me that the order will be in production and that it will all be ok if i continue with the order. i said i would call back to make sure.

So, right now i am the unhappiest customer of all the world and i come to this site to share my thoughts. I Would never order from this company again in my life. another agent answered the phone. he said it looks like they did not got the prescription (yeah right) and that they were waiting on me... so i told him all the story above and he said that is right and that yes he found it. i asked for full refund and he said they will send me an email. no confirmation was given to me, no suppervisor was available... "meeting in another building in another place". so i dont even know if i will get a refund. the good thing though is i purchased with paypal so if i do not get a refund by tomorrow i will file a complaint.

2 comments
Jan 17, 2017 12:39 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I got the glasses in 4 weeks, but could not use them at all. The refund process is a nightmare. When calling they are always going to send an email or someone will call in 2 days. I have finally been able to return the glasses that they want in 6 days, yet they say to wait 30 days for your credit! If I don't receive the credit, I will file complaint through my credit card company and BBB. My recommendation is It's definitely not worth the trouble!

Feb 19, 2016 10:53 am EST

It was 9 days before they mailed my glasses via USPS (slow) I sh po uld have ordered through bonlook or wary parker. I still paid 78 dollars for my "$40" frames after all of the tac on extras like scratch proof and non reflective. I hope they arrive before the two week mark at this point, and i pray they're the right prescription. NEVER AGAIN.

O
8:05 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ordered pair of glasses supposed to cost $134.00. They responded that they would have to use different lenses - if I agreed - and would make $8.00 refund. In actuality they charged my cc twice - Once for $134.00 and once for $127.95 When I complained, they initially referred to $8.00 refund and that it was approved. When I questioned further - about a...

3:39 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This company is a total scam... took my money...no glasses now they wont return my phone calls. They say they are from Jersey but their glasses come from Israel. Beware and DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!

11:38 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered some glasses from this company and a few days later I received an email saying that the frames that I ordered were not in stock (although their website said they were and allowed me to complete the order). The email also said that my shipping would be upgraded at no cost to make up for this error. A few more days later I noticed that my checking...

8:31 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered some glasses from these guys with extra fast fedex shipping. They still have not even sent it. I tried reaching customer service, and they gave me a timeframe to go by with regards to how they process orders. Well that timeline ended a long time ago. They do not respond to any of my e-mails anymore. I asked about the status of the late package...

Glasses USA contacts